• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Far Cry 4 featuring NVIDIA GameWorks

oh my O_O
I still fucking hate ubisoft, though

As I said in the other thread having decent shadows, proper AO that isn't from some loopy persons mind, and Tigers that look so cuddly before they rip your head of is going to make Far Cry 3 look really silly.

Alavard

I find it really weird that Kotaku gave CoD a YES while saying that it rehash a lot of stuff from past games yet it gave The Evil Within a NO for mostly the same reason.

"The Evil Within winds up feeling like an inconsistent rehash of ideas previously executed elsewhere."

"Gummy-feeling controls and a nagging inability to execute base commands makes the game feel like more trouble than its worth"

compared with:

"Futuristic weapons and abilities completely change the landscape of multiplayer"

"The game we're playing hasn't changed. The way we play it has."

It sounds like the problem wasn't that The Evil Within rehashed things. It's that it did so badly (or they felt it did, anyway).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont remember ANY of these Dragon Age 2 choices I supposedly made o_O I barely remember any of these story beats either except Anders and the Qunari guys

Grief.exe

May I hazard a guess that GTA III, Vice City & San Andreas may be getting some kind of fixes and tune ups. Seems like they are all pretty active on SteamDB recently.

Also Binding of Isaac Rebirth is ruining my life

I would be down to replay them eventually with achievements, native 16:9, and Xinput support.

It won't be a while as I wore myself out with my San Andreas play through earlier this year on top of GTAV coming soon.

All 3 will probably be switched over to the Android/IOS versions.

Wouldn't that be a straight downgrade? The 360 port of the ARM version looked terrible.

Jawmuncher

I dont remember ANY of these Dragon Age 2 choices I supposedly made o_O I barely remember any of these story beats either except Anders and the Qunari guys

All I remember was letting Fenris Die since he got mad at me for something.
Everything else I just went with my vague recollection of events. So basically anything that supported mages.

90x55x2-Fenris_profile.png

Alavard

Everything else I just went with my vague recollection of events. So basically anything that supported mages.

The only thing I remember is that most of my team left or betrayed me and I had no idea what I could have done to change it.

I lost Fenris, Isabela, and Sebastian.

So, as a mage, I was left with 3 mages, one ranged rogue (Varric), and one tank warrior (Aveline). The final battles were not fun with only a single tank for melee..

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

these choices are weird. I know I didnt die at the end, and I could sware neither did Alistair, but this Keep thing says its one or the other. Hell I remember Alistair popping up in DA2, or am I dreaming

bah I dont think I cba with this, it feels fake since im not sure exactly what i did, and in DA2, like I said I dont remember most of it. Might aswell just play Inquistition with whatever choices they deem are default

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Why is that the only likely scenario? Those games already have existing PC versions.

Porting over the ARM version to x86 would take more work than the few fixes required for modern OS support.

Because they are clearly changing something and the recent leaked beta for San Andreas was clearly the Windows 8 store version which isn't limited to ARM devices while still being based off the IOS/Android release. So uh, I guess the whole ARM port effort is already done.

Rhaknar

Daily Fuse Character Creator 75% off
Weekend
  • LEGO Franchise 10-75% off
  • Wolfenstein The New Order 50% off
  • Tropico 5 50% off

10% off lol

edit: wait thats just for the new lego batman pre order, thats fine. I thought it was for Pirates or the Star Wars ones because "loldisney"

but pirates and starwars arent part of it so "loldisney" anyway

Jawmuncher

Would be rather pointless since I got no tv.

Monitor with hdmi same thing.

these choices are weird. I know I didnt die at the end, and I could sware neither did Alistair, but this Keep thing says its one or the other. Hell I remember Alistair popping up in DA2, or am I dreaming

bah I dont think I cba with this, it feels fake since im not sure exactly what i did, and in DA2, like I said I dont remember most of it. Might aswell just play Inquistition with whatever choices they deem are default

My biggest thing is DA never was connected like ME was. This choices while they affected the game they were in didnt affect anything really later on. I see DAI being neat with choices but still not that big of a deal with how you jump In.

Skyzard

Banned
Far Cry 4 is also that price.

I grabbed both a few months back from Indian Origin. Between that and DAI from Mexican Origin, I'm pretty sorted for the next 2 weeks.

I wasn't going to as I barely touched farcry 3 yet but after seeing this:

oh my O_O

Tempting for just £20 or so.

zkylon

zkylewd
Have I ever told you that I like you? :3
ehh

Everything I heard about HL2 was pretty much crowning it and the Episodes the greatest gift bestowed upon gamers ever.

Then I played it.
I found it to be an average FPS at best and guilty of some really bad design in places that seemed to be overlooked by the rabid fanbase.
i mean it was a pretty smart game in how they used lighting and level design to direct your attention and you know the world was pretty cool. i wouldn't call it average but i find it hard to be excited about half life anymore

Then again, I think Uncharted 2 is the worst of the 4 games, so my opinions are probably better used as a deterrent. ^_^
i didn't really care for uncharted 2 either

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sometimes, people have to sleep ;)

Indie Royale Mixer 11 bundle
Price:
  • Trace Vector
  • circuits
  • little racers street
  • Derrick the Deathfin
  • Dungeon Lurk II - Leona
  • LIghtfish
  • World Truck Racing
  • Zack Zero
  • ?

Do IndieRoyale gets cheaper/gives out more copies of the game for the same price eventually? I can't keep track anymore and I only really want two games out of that list...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm trying to get Isaac on the dispenser, but trades are not being initiated. What gives?

To buy items you need to log in and authenticate via Google Authenticator. Also, ensure your trade URL is correct and that your inventory is set to public.

milena87

You need to change the choice about
the old god baby with Morrigan.

Doing the ritual with her saves the warden (or Alistair / Loghain) at the end of the game. That's the only way to have both the Warden and Alistair / Loghain alive at the end of DAO.

I think the default world has the Warden dying at the end of Origins.

Rhaknar

Well AC Rouge deffo look like Black Flag 2.0

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927706#post137635054

Gives me something AC to play and something to dick around in on the 360 until Ubi stop being Ubi.

et tu Doogie? :(

You need to change the choice about
the old god baby with Morrigan.

Doing the ritual with her saves the warden (or Alistair / Loghain) at the end of the game. That's the only way to have both the Warden and Alistair / Loghain alive at the end of DAO.

I think the default world has the Warden dying at the end of Origins.

ah yes thats what I did

oh my O_O
That looks really nice, especially the tiger hair, such conflicting emotions about the tiger tho, I want to cuddle it but at the same time, I really don't want to die...BUT IT'S SO CUUUUTE THO

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why is that the only likely scenario? Those games already have existing PC versions.

Porting over the ARM version to x86 would take more work than the few fixes required for modern OS support.
I am also reminded of how the Sonic CD PC version is a port of the phone version despite the phone version being a port of an originally-PC-focused engine.

Sometimes there's a lot more that goes into these decisions than what makes sense.

FloatOn

the problem with the lego games is that everything doesn't seem to have any kind of impact. you just kind of buttom mash until stuff goes away.

I can't seem to find a lego game that holds my interest.

Dr Dogg

I just read about the whole anti-steam UK thing going on with Far Cry, Crew & AC :(

Hopefully Rogue will be up day and date as I preordered Liberation about a week before it came out on Steam. I assume it was due to be digital distribution only as Child of Light and Valiant Hearts were both fine but then again so was Rayman Legends. Who knows what's going on but big AAA Ubi titles haven't been available to us in the UK the same as everyone else for a while now.

Does the Ubisoft thing mean that UK Steam users can't activate gifts of those three games?

Nah just can't buy them due to not having a store page. Gifts from NA, Europe (excluding the CIS regions) should be fine. In fact it would work out cheaper getting someone from the US to gift you a copy in exchange for the appropriate amount via PayPal or the such like. So it's just an inconvenience really.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
WEEEEE birthday!!!!

Happy birthday.

That was definitely an alternate universe as A) I don't do threads and B) I suggested if he couldn't do it we spread around the responsibility until he would be back to keep things fresh and more like a communit... Shit it's my fault!

pitchforks.gif

Indie Royale Mixer 11 bundle
Price:
  • Trace Vector
  • circuits
  • little racers street
  • Derrick the Deathfin
  • Dungeon Lurk II - Leona
  • LIghtfish
  • World Truck Racing
  • Zack Zero
  • ?

World Truck Racing, huh? Truly a great bundle

Maniac

Banned
This is why we preorder their games with 9 months to go.
Nononono, this is why we preorder the Collector's Edition a year in advance!... And a GMG copy. I'll likely give the GMG one away or something, though. Or let my mate play it... Either way, I'm keeping the CE Steam version's +1! :p

That Beard and Hairstyle set better be day 1.
I want to customize.
Noob plis. There's already tons of them ingame!
... And OG Geralt is best Geralt. 3sexy5me

this is what happens when you're neglected for so long

i know i liked half life 2 at one point

now i can only think of how lame its gunplay was and how much alyx is meant to be a masturbation device for male players

you fucked it up valve
I hope you're joking about... Well, both the Alyx and gunplay. If not, you're dead to me. Alyx is god-damn excellent and unlike most females in gaming, not a piece of eyecandy. Barney was eye-candy through & through though. Shameless Volvo!
Oh yeah, it was mindblowing back then. And load-blowing because Alyx was just masturbation material apparently.
Yeah. Not like she's a really strong, believeable, realistic, un-sexified, well-written female character. I mean, her tits are almost like, average size! 2big4me

ehh

i mean it was a pretty smart game in how they used lighting and level design to direct your attention and you know the world was pretty cool. i wouldn't call it average but i find it hard to be excited about half life anymore
Sounds like you're experiencing anti-nostalgia, really! The more time passes, the less you're fond of it. Intriguing.

Tech-wise, the game is a masterpiece though. Of it's time, anyway. The facial animations are still better and more believeable than what you see in most games nowadays, which... Well, is kind of sad. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom