• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
on an unrelated note, can someone shop a party hat onto my monkey?

Not sure if anybody got to it, but here you go, happy birthday! (Complete with party blower)

5GVc5FL.jpg

Edit: reupped, part of it got cut off!

Copons

While I certainly applaud them for giving these away for free (when most developers would charge money for them) isn't this the same thing as saying "We're working extra hard and decided to add a lot of content into the game before it releases."? The game is still months away from being released.

Again, I'm not complaining, it just seems strange to me since this sort of thing used to be the norm before game companies got greedy and started charging extra.

I think that was kinda their point.

They could have put this stuff in the base game and call it a day, but instead they wanted to highlight the fact that companies got greedy etc.

Parsnip

The FREE DLC program for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt consists of 16 entirely free DLCs, that will be available for every gamer owning a copy of Wild Hunt, for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PC, and PlayStation®4, and is applicable to all versions (digital or physical, standard or Collector’s).

That's a little odd, and funny at the same time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished Ghost, actually had to revert back to a older nvidia driver (which fucked up all my SLI settings, sigh) to get past a crash to desktop that Ghost decided to get midway 3/4 of the way through. I also had 2 or 3 other CTDs earlier on, and while the game itself ran perfectly, the cutscene cinematics always had a annoying 1 sec pause stutter now and then that I never managed to get rid of

so, yeah the game. Its alright. Its better than I thought it would end up being, especially since after a strong start, the mid part really drags. But like the cock encombered one said, there are some really good set pieces later one, and the underwater level is one of my favorite levels in any COD.

Also, it ends on a huge cliffhanger, but the game had such a shitty reception that I kinda doubt they will go back to that well again, which is a shame.

So yeah, not the worst COD in my opinion (that honor still belongs to BLOPS2, or 3 if we are talking pre-modern ones), but far from the best also. Ill tell you one thing tho... it scratched my COD itch, and im fine with only playing AW next year now

Dr Dogg

finished Ghost, actually had to revert back to a older nvidia driver (which fucked up all my SLI settings, sigh)

Every time you switch drivers, new or old, first thing to check is if SLI is enabled. It's always something I forget and have a D'oh moment when I realise I've been a doofus and not reenabled it.

Seriously, The Evil Within is the only game starting up on my monitor 4.. why. :(

That game has a lot of 'it's the only game to do [insert problem here]' moments. Just consider it a fickle beast and doing something out of the ordinary.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Every time you switch drivers, new or old, first thing to check is if SLI is enabled. It's always something I forget and have a D'oh moment when I realise I've been a doofus and not reenabled it.

since you told me I always do it. this one was worse tho becaus I actually lost my profiles too. oh well

speaking of, seems Mordor has a official profile now, when did that happen?

Dr Dogg

since you told me I always do it. this one was worse tho becaus I actually lost my profiles too. oh well

speaking of, seems Mordor has a official profile now, when did that happen?

Don't worry young padawan, we'll move you on to the advanced stage of backing up your Nvidia settings and profiles soon so silly annoyances like this never happen again. Regards to Mordor I have no idea, it wasn't in the driver notes released the other day but sure enough it's got SLI bit set (Dragon Age 2 ones apparently).

zkylon

zkylewd
You... You take that back!!
:'(

this is what happens when you're neglected for so long

i know i liked half life 2 at one point

now i can only think of how lame its gunplay was and how much alyx is meant to be a masturbation device for male players

you fucked it up valve

Nzyme32

May I hazard a guess that GTA III, Vice City & San Andreas may be getting some kind of fixes and tune ups. Seems like they are all pretty active on SteamDB recently.

Also Binding of Isaac Rebirth is ruining my life

Lomax

While I certainly applaud them for giving these away for free (when most developers would charge money for them) isn't this the same thing as saying "We're working extra hard and decided to add a lot of content into the game before it releases."? The game is still months away from being released.

Again, I'm not complaining, it just seems strange to me since this sort of thing used to be the norm before game companies got greedy and started charging extra.

I think they may want to draw attention to the fact that they've given away a bunch of free dlc with the previous Witcher games, and this one will be the same. I'd imagine a lot of the dlc will come out after release. It also discourages people from thinking they should wait for a "GotY" vetsion, as even early adopters will get all content.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think they may want to draw attention to the fact that they've given away a bunch of free dlc with the previous Witcher games, and this one will be the same. I'd imagine a lot of the dlc will come out after release. It also discourages people from thinking they should wait for a "GotY" vetsion, as even early adopters will get all content.

Gotcha. Either way, good on them. I've done my part and pre-ordered although I probably won't be playing it (since I haven't played the first two).

Rhaknar

Indieroyale Mixer 11 coming in a few minutes

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
May I hazard a guess that GTA III, Vice City & San Andreas may be getting some kind of fixes and tune ups. Seems like they are all pretty active on SteamDB recently.

All 3 will probably be switched over to the Android/IOS versions.

AC unity and the crew is now open in middle east
still AC Rouge not available

even soo , i wont buy any one of them
Rogue isn't up on Steam on anyone's store yet.

Chariot

Jesus. I just bought Freedom Wars for my Vita and it's downloading so slow. 1392 of 1635 MB in almost an hour now. I want the speed that I have with steam :(

Rhaknar

oh I finally remembered that Ive been wanting to check that DA Keep thing. time to get my choices on (which I dont remember from previous games at all but ok)

edit: oh cool it syncs with your...saves i guess? maybe some EA information even by playing on steam, sicne you are always logged to their services, even pre-ording?

listening to "my story" now and at least the Origins stuff is pretty much what I remember doing, except it didnt pull my custom character )it pulled my custom Hawke from 2 tho)

Turfster

it begins...

you two get to choose the first games i play as 21
People seem to like this new Collar Duty: Advanced Woofwear, so let's go with that, if you have it.
Otherwise, pick whatever you like ;)

Lucius is 1$ on Daily Indie Game
Dieselstormers is 75% off on Gamersgate
The Journey Down Chapter 1 is 90% off on Gamersgate
Crusader Kings II + 10 DLCs is 13$ on Bundlestars

iosefe

People seem to like this new Collar Duty: Advanced Woofwear, so let's go with that, if you have it.
Otherwise, pick whatever you like ;)

Lucius is 1$ on Daily Indie Game
Dieselstormers is 75% off on Gamersgate
The Journey Down Chapter 1 is 90% off on Gamersgate
Crusader Kings II + 10 DLCs is 13$ on Bundlestars

you're quite late. your choice was forfeited. and no i don't have Advanced warfare, and don't intend on getting it on pc

this is what happens when you're neglected for so long

i know i liked half life 2 at one point

now i can only think of how lame its gunplay was and how much alyx is meant to be a masturbation device for male players

you fucked it up valve

Have I ever told you that I like you? :3

Everything I heard about HL2 was pretty much crowning it and the Episodes the greatest gift bestowed upon gamers ever.

Then I played it.
I found it to be an average FPS at best and guilty of some really bad design in places that seemed to be overlooked by the rabid fanbase.

Then again, I think Uncharted 2 is the worst of the 4 games, so my opinions are probably better used as a deterrent. ^_^

Turfster

you're quite late. your choice was forfeited. and no i don't have Advanced warfare, and don't intend on getting it on pc

Sometimes, people have to sleep ;)

Indie Royale Mixer 11 bundle
Price:
  • Trace Vector
  • circuits
  • little racers street
  • Derrick the Deathfin
  • Dungeon Lurk II - Leona
  • LIghtfish
  • World Truck Racing
  • Zack Zero
  • ?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You should add your CC directly when you are still in the german shop in your payment preferences.

Tried that, seems like I broke something cause it won't let me add it. Looked it up, it seems to be a rather common problem and can only be solved by EA customer service which apparently takes a few weeks at least. Great.

Then I played it.
I found it to be an average FPS at best and guilty of some really bad design in places that seemed to be overlooked by the rabid fanbase.

When did you play it?

In 2004 it was really something special. The physics-puzzles, the storytelling, the vehicles, the gravity gun, the locations. Everything was really great. From Ravenholm to the prison to City 17. It really felt special in 2004.

Gintoki

Garbage truck simulator has trading cards now, to celebrate:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

iyv99G2.png

header_292x136.jpg

Worms Armageddon -- MB-EB4FD9D657905A8B - Taken by darkchewie

Shadownet

Banned
I find it really weird that Kotaku gave CoD a YES while saying that it rehash a lot of stuff from past games yet it gave The Evil Within a NO for mostly the same reason.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
When did you play it?

In 2004 it was really something special. The physics-puzzles, the storytelling, the vehicles, the gravity gun, the locations. Everything was really great. From Ravenholm to the prison to City 17. It really felt special in 2004.

Oh yeah, it was mindblowing back then. And load-blowing because Alyx was just masturbation material apparently.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Far Cry 4 featuring NVIDIA GameWorks

oh my O_O
I still fucking hate ubisoft, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom