• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nononono, this is why we preorder the Collector's Edition a year in advance!... And a GMG copy. I'll likely give the GMG one away or something, though. Or let my mate play it... Either way, I'm keeping the CE Steam version's +1! :p

Noob plis. There's already tons of them ingame!
... And OG Geralt is best Geralt. 3sexy5me

I hope you're joking about... Well, both the Alyx and gunplay. If not, you're dead to me. Alyx is god-damn excellent and unlike most females in gaming, not a piece of eyecandy. Barney was eye-candy through & through though. Shameless Volvo!
Yeah. Not like she's a really strong, believeable, realistic, un-sexified, well-written female character. I mean, her tits are almost like, average size! 2big4me

Sounds like you're experiencing anti-nostalgia, really! The more time passes, the less you're fond of it. Intriguing.

Tech-wise, the game is a masterpiece though. Of it's time, anyway. The facial animations are still better and more believeable than what you see in most games nowadays, which... Well, is kind of sad. :p

Well, the Steam version of the game was up for preorder with only 9 months to go. I'd have preordered the game earlier if it had been possible, because I have absolute faith in CDPR.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member

Far Cry 4 featuring NVIDIA GameWorks

oh my O_O
I still fucking hate ubisoft, though

The features mentioned in the video are the standard GameWorks package, would be nice if something new was added (like cloth or particle effects).

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So Sekai Project uploaded a new Prefundia page, this time for Clannad. When the Kickstarter begins, the Steam version will be in the early bird tier starts at $30 for 250 people and $40 for everyone else.

I find it sort of silly that a $7,000 tier is included, but okay.

Hopefully Rogue will be up day and date as I preordered Liberation about a week before it came out on Steam. I assume it was due to be digital distribution only as Child of Light and Valiant Hearts were both fine but then again so was Rayman Legends. Who knows what's going on but big AAA Ubi titles haven't been available to us in the UK the same as everyone else for a while now.

Ah yeah, I see it's $ 59.99 » £ 37.68

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yo what's with Magic 2015 getting so many negatives o_O

It's a terrible step backwards from 2014 and is riddled with in-game micro-transactions.

You can't even earn all of the cards in the game outright, you have to get them by purchasing "virtual packs".

Parsnip

Uh oh. AC Unity Steam store page has disappeared for me. Finland here, not UK. I can still see the season pass page though.

I'm scared, hold me.

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope you're joking about... Well, both the Alyx and gunplay. If not, you're dead to me. Alyx is god-damn excellent and unlike most females in gaming, not a piece of eyecandy. Barney was eye-candy through & through though. Shameless Volvo!

Yeah. Not like she's a really strong, believeable, realistic, un-sexified, well-written female character. I mean, her tits are almost like, average size! 2big4me
you don't have to be scantily clad to still act as an ego stroke for the player. she's a cute nerdy accesible girl dropping praises for everything you do

Sounds like you're experiencing anti-nostalgia, really! The more time passes, the less you're fond of it. Intriguing.
it's not about time, it's about valve fucking it up and shitting on everyone that cared for the series. i'm jaded cos they left the series at a massive cliffhanger and then kept doing their cute little teasers. at one point i gave up but it's not related to time.

and i'm always very critical of all games even the ones i love the most like fallout. i admire a lot of things of half life (not that many of half life 2 but ok) but really as time has gone by, a lot of its merits have become standards for good games (environmental storytelling, which other games had before hl2 btw, but whatevs) and so playing it today, i don't think half life 2 is all that great (loading times being stalker long 10 years later doesn't help).

game was still mindblowing back then and for many years to come, that's undeniable

Tech-wise, the game is a masterpiece though. Of it's time, anyway. The facial animations are still better and more believeable than what you see in most games nowadays, which... Well, is kind of sad. :p
yup, i've said it before, i really think i could settle for hl2-like graphics forever

imagine if developers had put all their energy and money into developing better gameplay systems rather than new shaders and whatever

louiedog

Oh, hey, balloons on my store page.

5919301b07.jpg

Turfster

Humble Racing bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Urban Trial Freestyle
  • Real World Racing Bundle
  • WRC Powerslide
TIER 2: 6$
  • DiRT Showdown
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie
TIER 3: 9$
  • DiRT 3

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yet again the Indy and Star Wars Lego games are missing in action...

They have different publishers (Warner Brothers and Disney) so I'm not surprised. What would surprise me is if Valve was able to coordinate a Lego sale with both publishers at the same time.

Bigby

Uh oh. AC Unity Steam store page has disappeared for me. Finland here, not UK. I can still see the season pass page though.

I'm scared, hold me.

Seriously, what's their problem? It can't be 30% cut, right? GMG and others have 30% too, don't they?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you're reading this and are bored, I'll give you two TF2 keys if you can find the image from which I derived this avatar. This isn't some sort of treasure hunt I've orchestrated -- I honestly cannot find it.

I'm scared, hold me.

It's okay, I'm sure Ubi is in discussions with Valve to have the game available as soon as possible!

_machine

Yeah, Far Cry 4 gone for me as well (in Finland), but the Season Pass for it is up still. Not happy about the development though, I was thinking of picking the game up on launch if I got my new GPU in time, but now I'm seriously considering it and will probably end up picking Wolfenstein and BF4 instead as my next FPS.

Copons

header.jpg

FOTONICA is fucking out!

Keys available on Humble (fun fact: they're actually keys, no redeem link of sort).

EDIT: it also has achievs, cards and some exclusive stuff I don't know about.

If you never heard of it, you may know Santa Ragione, the super cool Italian micro dev studio best known for MirrorMoon EP.
Fotonica is their first game (one of their first ones, at least) and is a first person endless runner set in a wireframe Rez-like world.
Is fucking cool. I'd say you should buy it, but I won't because I'm sure you already bought it on Humble or wherever years ago.

FloatOn

header.jpg

FOTONICA is fucking out!

Keys available on Humble (fun fact: they're actually keys, no redeem link of sort).

If you never heard of it, you may know Santa Ragione, the super cool Italian micro dev studio best known for MirrorMoon EP.
Fotonica is their first game (one of their first ones, at least) and is a first person endless runner set in a wireframe Rez-like world.
Is fucking cool. I'd say you should buy it, but I won't because I'm sure you already bought it on Humble or wherever years ago.

wishlisted asap.

it's been awhile since I've played one of these artsy-fartsy games :p

jshackles

If you're reading this and are bored, I'll give you two TF2 keys if you can find the image from which I derived this avatar. This isn't some sort of treasure hunt I've orchestrated -- I honestly cannot find it.

Sorry man, I got nothing

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
header.jpg

FOTONICA is fucking out!

However did you know? I've only been prodding them here and there for the drop on the Steam version since it got through greenlight. Damn, it's been a long time.

Tiers 2/3 are pretty weak (pretty sure both of them were bundled before for less), but the $1 tier is really good. Real World Racing looks interesting. It should also be noted that the RWR bundle doesn't include the Miami DLC (which was released yesterday).

Dr Dogg

Damn, I orig assumed this was retailers pushing muscle like before with THQ games on Steam in the UK, but if it's elsewhere too then it's more troubling :/

Hahaha calm down they're not pulling games for everyone now. Call it a glitch in the matrix or they're fucking about with the subs. One of their community robots just mentioned in the Unity Steam Hub what the preload times are and they're gets a right roasting.

Then again...

This company is staffed head to toe with wallies I swear.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HeebieJeebies, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-795814C8D6B501F5 - Taken by agniswarm. 9 entrants total.
WRC Powerslide -- MB-A4B9C1D10C495E8E - Taken by redlacs. 11 entrants total.

t1415312115z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom