• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alavard

Which made it even stranger that it wasn't even discounted that much recently when it was on sale.

Yeah, I thought the same thing actually.

The other point to be made is that uPlay has sales on its site far far less often. Moving future Ubisoft titles to their storefront only will result in consistently more expensive games, even years later.

-MD-

Your avatar is pretty good.
I was so upset back when TEW was coming out and you covered it up D;;;;;;;;

oS861Qn.png

Dunno I thought it was pretty sweet =)

Milamber

Finally we have some numbers!
those 5% were loyal customers that bought the games directly form uplay, all others are filthy pirates!

But what if I told you a certain percentage of that 5% of uPlay customers got their uPlay games for next to nothing.

FloatOn

jesus everyone.

let's just contemplate the pale blue dot in MY avatar and understand how meaningless this all is..

#videogames

No. I'm saying that anyone who barges into a thread and insults people with little provocation deserves to be called out on it. I'd expect the same from others if I did the same thing.

The way to discuss that is through a tactful approach, not running and suddenly proclaiming that you're against everyone because you perceive one of the members to have developed a "cult". As far as I'm concerned, everyone in here is equal.

How am I barging into a thread? Please explain that one to me. We've tried tactfully discussing the avatar situation for well of a year and it's never been resolved, and requests have outright been ignored. There are people who have stopped posting in the Steam thread because of it.

Amzin

Regardless of what subforum this thread is in, you don't get a nice community of people by literally only talking about the one single thing the thread is about. You get side banter and comments and insights in every single large thread on any forum basically on the whole internet. It's like going to a book club... sure, you focus on talking about that book, but there's still small talk and other socializing going on.

Your post didn't come off as "helpfully suggesting the official thread", it was more like "your entire post is that last one sentence and you are an egotistical moron and I don't like you or what you are doing". If that ISN'T what you meant you may want to learn how to communicate via text better.

Dr Dogg

That would mean %5-7 of PC gamers uses uplay, which is probably a post apocalyptic scenario Ubi is working on right now. I assume it'll include some iconic garments.

Hahaha no it's just another load of bullshit numbers made up. I'm willing to bet that from that mythical number, that those who did pirate the game were never going to buy it anyway, as in were never their customers. But go read the Steam Hubs right now and you can see the flippant reaction people are making because the titles disappeared on Steam that you could say some of their actions (including the use of Uplay) has increased the number of non-customers. Yeah I like that, non-customers.

Shadownet

Banned

None of us are saying that you have less right to post or whatever just because you don't come in here as much. But you're accusing us for being in a cult of personality because of all the Saoirse pictures? Maybe because you're not here enough but by now all the regular on SteamGAF are used to being around one another that we really don't care if there is 1 or 2 Saoirse pictures here and there. We're at the point where we know that those kind of things will most likely not spiral out of control again.

You missed it a couple of days ago when there were a ton of copons avatar quoting. But does that mean we're a cult of copons too? no, it's just lashman having some fun. Honestly if you're sick of seeing Saoirse stuff then thats your problem. Maybe you should write a program to auto block any picture of Saoirse on GAF.

But coming in here and start accusing people of things and creating unwanted drama is not cool. May I suggest it's time you should take a break?

Miguel81

Having Steam versions of Ubi games was great if you wanted some good deals on the Uplay-only copies. This is not good news, even if that service is tolerable.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Complaining about the state of the Steam thread seems pretty worthless at this point. We're already in Gaming Community.

I mean, I guess they could move us to off-topic community but that'd just result in even less people seeing the thread than just outright deleting it.

Amzin

I'll be sad if games like Child of Light leave Steam, but I couldn't care less about Assassin's Creed or Far Cry. Blood Dragon was kinda fun but even that overstayed it's welcome by an hour or two and I love SP FPS :l

How am I barging into a thread? Please explain that one to me. We've tried tactfully discussing the avatar situation for well of a year and it's never been resolved, and requests have outright been ignored. There are people who have stopped posting in the Steam thread because of it.

I think you need to step back from your computer and take a deep breath.

Who is "we"? So there's suddenly a movement to ban avatar talk? Even though many of the posters (that I've seen) enjoy it?

And yes, you are barging into a thread. At a time when there are more interesting or relevant matters to discuss (namely, the Ubi situation) you come in and start throwing around accusations. You're helping no one.

Just stop. Don't post here for the rest of the day, and come back when you've cleared your head and can debate in a civil fashion.

-MD-

I already have very little interest in anything Ubisoft puts out anymore, if they do pull an Origin and everything goes Uplay exclusive I'll never spend more than 5 bucks on a game.

None of us are saying that you have less right to post o

and then posts a gif saying no more interenet. OK.

Regardless of what subforum this thread is in, you don't get a nice community of people by literally only talking about the one single thing the thread is about. You get side banter and comments and insights in every single large thread on any forum basically on the whole internet. It's like going to a book club... sure, you focus on talking about that book, but there's still small talk and other socializing going on.

Your post didn't come off as "helpfully suggesting the official thread", it was more like "your entire post is that last one sentence and you are an egotistical moron and I don't like you or what you are doing". If that ISN'T what you meant you may want to learn how to communicate via text better.

Fair points. I shall be sure to update you all on my interests as we go forward, so we may grow closer as a community.

I think you need to step back from your computer and take a deep breath.

Who is "we"? So there's suddenly a movement to ban avatar talk? Even though many of the posters (that I've seen) enjoy it?

And yes, you are barging into a thread. At a time when there are more interesting or relevant matters to discuss (namely, the Ubi situation) you come in and start throwing around accusations. You're helping no one.

Just stop. Don't post here for the rest of the day, and come back when you've cleared your head and can debate in a civil fashion.

... so we can't even discuss this without silly gifs and people saying I need to stop? There are more people than me tired of the avatar, they've simply left the Community as every time they mention it a bunch of defenders pop up and start telling them to stop posting.

Shadownet

Banned
and then posts a gif saying no more internet. OK.
It seem like you have trouble understanding the message we're trying to tell you. But you seem to be in a negative and antagonizing mood right now. I told you "suggest" not "command"

But if you wanna be a sour patch then go ahead. At this point you're not doing anything more than griefing unnecessarily.

Coreda

If you're reading this and are bored, I'll give you two TF2 keys if you can find the image from which I derived this avatar. This isn't some sort of treasure hunt I've orchestrated -- I honestly cannot find it.

I know where this was taken but can't find the exact matching image. This is the closest match in lighting available. Taken at the Barry McCall Phot20graphy exhibition launch, May 15 2012, Copperhouse Gallery, Dublin, in aid of ISPCC.

Looks too good to be a video capture, although there are video interviews from the event.

fantomena

Fucking community subforum. People complaining about each other and Ubi removed their games from Steam.

It's all your fault community!

... so we can't even discuss this without silly gifs and people saying I need to stop? There are more people than me tired of the avatar, they've simply left the Community as every time they mention it a bunch of defenders pop up and start telling them to stop posting.

Well, if you're going to rag on someone seemingly out of the blue, don't be surprised when people respond to you in that fashion.

Like I said, at a time when we're talking about a potential second publisher pulling its games from Steam, you're picking the worst possible time to bring up a subject that (a) isn't true, and (b) isn't relevant to the discussion and disputed by others.

Just stop. Please. For me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Don't worry kids, we're just at the stage of the divorce where Mom and Dad still live with each other but can't even look one another in the eyes anymore.

Soon we'll be spending weekends in Dad's new thread and getting to know our new Uncle Mod at Mom's.

Ubisoft probably took the absence of the STEAM thread on gaming side as a sign that the service's popularity was waning and quickly removed their games.

So to that mod who moved us into Gaming Community.

Thank you, you da real MVP.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've been searching Google and, hell, Bing for the past, like, two hours. That I have the avatar is the only proof that the photo even exists.
i find this kind of sadly relatable

http://i.imgur.com/lt8K1Rt.png

Try asking in the thread dedicated to whatsherface...

Mr. Luchador in pm battle with me like 2 days ago said:
If the thread was in community I'd be more understanding of the rest of your points.

you got your wish so...

ibbXu38L2ErLQD.gif

delicious salty strawberries

Grief.exe

I already have very little interest in anything Ubisoft puts out anymore, if they do pull an Origin and everything goes Uplay exclusive I'll never spend more than 5 bucks on a game.

That's been my Ubisoft policy for years.

In reality, I haven't really bought anything from them.

Shadownet

Banned
What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm?
probably khaki.

On topic:
So the cheapest AC:Unity is right now is on Indian Origin store, then Uplay, and then Steam?

Edit: I'm just going to ignore Luchador now, because this is getting ridiculous. Complaining about avatars is derailing the thread even more than people posting them 100 times over.

It seem like you have trouble understanding the message we're trying to tell you. But you seem to be in a negative and antagonizing mood right now. I told you "suggest" not "command"

But if you wanna be a sour patch then go ahead. At this point you're not doing anything more than griefing unnecessarily.

So I'm griefing because I don't like/enjoy something you do? I have explained my reasons why, I'm sorry you can't understand or even remotely appreciate how it might not be to everyone's liking.

Anyway, I'm talking to JaseC in PM

i find this kind of sadly relatable

you got your wish so...

True. We're in community now, so I'll be sure to share my interests with people too. I'll also be sure to share all PMs with the rest of the community.

I only played assflag because it came free with my card. I probably would've waited for a $5 sale, like I did with ac3 and every other PC AC game I've bought. Meh.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Same, broke the rule for South Park though.

Well in this case you did alright, because South Park has Steamworks. Meaning even if you bought it on Origin or Uplay, it came with a Steam key and didn't have Uplay DRM.

Arthea

Well in this case you did alright, because South Park has Steamworks. Meaning even if you bought it on Origin or Uplay, it came with a Steam key and didn't have Uplay DRM.

I'm reluctant to disturb you in this moment of distress for us all, but have you found a way to fix idlemaster already? No pressure, just asking ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom