• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

834748-vfighter5r.jpg

Luchador and JaseC can settle this in VF5FS when we get it on Steam. Everybody pick up Valkyria Chronicles to up the chances, and make Durante happy in the process.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm reluctant to disturb you in this moment of distress for us all, but have you found a way to fix idlemaster already? No pressure, just asking ;)

I'm on my lunch break right now and I'm digging into the code so hopefully I'll have something working soon.

Kiru

I can't find the exact pic but I'm pretty sure it was taken at this exhibition.

I know where this was taken but can't find the exact matching image. This is the closest match in lighting available. Taken at the Barry McCall Phot20graphy exhibition launch, May 15 2012, Copperhouse Gallery, Dublin, in aid of ISPCC.

Looks too good to be a video capture, although there are video interviews from the event.

I looked at it wrong and dismissed it after finding that session myself. You might be right. Cropping confused me.

Shadownet

Banned
$10 or bust.

Really, I'll just wait for a sale like I always do. Ridiculous prices across the board.

But it's so shiny and new. I'm still waiting on fantomena or whoever give me some impression on how the game run before I jump back on the wagon. I got off once the requirements were revealed. *fingers crossed*

Also i'm 2 games away from 500. Gotta be careful and pick my 500th game.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ubisoft probably took the absence of the STEAM thread on gaming side as a sign that the service's popularity was waning and quickly removed their games.

So to that mod who moved us into Gaming Community.

Thank you, you da real MVP.

Oh my god, it all makes sense now.

But it's so shiny and new. I'm still waiting on fantomena or whoever give me some impression on how the game run before I jump back on the wagon. I got off once the requirements were revealed. *fingers crossed*

Barbie's Dreamhouse Party. You know you want to.

Don't be like me, though, and buy a whole bunch of games in the interim while you wait for your "milestone game" to arrive. I bought Legends of Pegasus SE off Amazon thinking I could redeem it as my 1,000 game. By the time I did so, it was a month later and I had 1,150 games.

me too, bro, me too, that might converted me to uplay
no chances, but still (><)

it's getting funnier and funnier
so... Origin and Uplay threads are still in gaming, and they sell each others games? while steam...
Nobody sees a pattern here? (><)

Yeah but uplay has international delivery.
IE_shop.jpg

iosefe

I accidentally passed my 200. It was insanely Twisted Shadow planet, so I should play it soon

Dr Dogg

Yeah but uplay has international delivery.
http://drh2.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Site/ubiemea/images/promo/hero/IE_shop.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

After the content delivery nightmare that was downloading Blacklist through Uplay I'd dread to think what their logistics operation is like.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Sounds like this thread needs to listen to Stars of the Lid and zone out for a bit.

I made that joke for CheesecakeRecipe.

Nzyme32

I've mostly written Ubisoft off as a PC developer anyway because even though their games are on Steam you still need the Uplay program and their pricing is ridiculous. Watch Dogs was on sale last weekend and it was still $36. I picked up a copy to play on the PS4 for about half that. Typically games are discounted elsewhere for pretty cheap (with Uplay keys) but often get ignored on Steam. I think the last sale for Black Flag was 33% off, despite the game being discounted elsewhere multiple times prior down to $20 or less.

So I'm not that sad to see Ubisoft leave Steam, if that is indeed what's happening.

This has been one of the main issues I've had with Ubi and EA, which is why I haven't purchased any of their games in many years. Moreover, they also remain inconsistent with the quality of their products and services. If and when they can actually improve all those things and consistently do that for several years, I'll consider them. Steam certainly had to earn my trust following HL2 joys at launch, admittedly while on a dial up connection haha

Let's talk about my avatar, seahorse gets too much love

She's stunning, but I don't know who she is, and I'm sure I should...

The Mods of Neogaf have abandoned us, now there is no hope.

Meanwhile on Origin...

This is too true. As soon as we moved, Ubi saw the change and knew we were already dead.

That's been my Ubisoft policy for years.

In reality, I haven't really bought anything from them.

Yeah, I found this really interesting. Since around 2007 when I started using Steam a whole lot more, everything changed from my playing habits to my purchasing habits. I'd argue that this was more to do with PC gaming in general. I gradually came to the realisation that there were so many better games out there, more affordable and meaningful as experiences and uses of my time. Most of the Ubi games represent regurgitations of the same products with nothing meaningfully new for their respective genre's. The same has been true for much of EA's stuff although there are some games that are tempting in the future, but I am reminded of all the issues and inconsistencies with both of their products and services along with pricing that it simply becomes a no brainer. I hope other that feel the same have and will vote with their wallet till they can demonstrably show consistent change and improvment

zkylon

zkylewd
it's pretty lame of ubi but i guess at this point i don't really care. doing the whole uplay thing was pretty annoying to the point that it was killing the whole greatness of steam's not-having-to-think-about-it

i wonder if ass unity will be on gog

True. We're in community now, so I'll be sure to share my interests with people too. I'll also be sure to share all PMs with the rest of the community.
hey, i'm just saying, it's moved to community and you don't seem accepting at all

like i already told you in pms, your trying to 'help' is actively making the thread worse. just put jasec, me and whoever else you don't like in ignore, easy as that

Got South Park day one on General principle, but also on Obsidian's pedigree and the Paper Mario gameplay.
Even though I don't like South Park(well, more like, I never really got into it, parents wouldn't let me watch it because the one time I did it was an episode about a hamster going up some dudes butt) I've been craving a new Paper Mario game, especially since Sticker Star was such a let down, definitely giving in next sale.
I had no idea it was SteamWorks as well though

zkylon

zkylewd
sad about ass unity tho, game looked like it had potential and didn't deserve this

i mean i bet ubi was gonna totally fuck it up somehow but still

Wow... Uplay pulling from Steam is really starting to look like a power play, rather than a cash grab.

I guess this is how I live now. We might be able to find the way back with some genuine atonement, but the lovely bones over at Ubisoft will have to be the host for such changes. Hanna, Violet & Daisy. The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Wondered why I couldn't find the thread lol. What was the straw that broke the camel's back?
No real straw broke it, it's just the mods trying to not turn community into the community graveyard by moving threads that are active all year round to the community side, at least that's all that I managed to gather, someone else might be able to tell ya more tho.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
100 Canadough says that Ubi's upcoming games being removed worldwide was a mistake.

I hope it's a removal during preorder phase, I enjoy AC and Far Cry and would like to keep buying them on sale.

Yesterday I got a, "last chance pre-order AC:Unity", ad pop up when I started Steam. Maybe you're right. Although I already played the superior Assassin's Creed which was Shadow of Mordor.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Wow... Uplay pulling from Steam is really starting to look like a power play, rather than a cash grab.

I guess this is how I live now. We might be able to find the way back with some genuine atonement, but the lovely bones over at Ubisoft will have to be the host for such changes. Hanna, Violet & Daisy. The Grand Budapest Hotel.

TheLetdown.

Arthea

Wondered why I couldn't find the thread lol. What was the straw that broke the camel's back?

general policy, we did nothing I swear!
it couldn't have been my Titanfall joke, surely... if even we got moved immediately after (><)

iosefe

Confession time. I've only played about 20-30 minutes worth of the assassin's creed series, AC1 on a friends Xbox all those years ago

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
uplay points unlocking rewards is nice.

Oh boy, content that could be unlocked int he game normally! Oh and locking console-specific content (hello Aveline!) behind a "deluxe" paywall on PC which should be above that shit.

Also Cloud Saving on their client that may/may not delete your save/progress! Wonderful!

If so, they're even bigger idiots than I thought. Apparently it wasn't enough to incite gamer rage with the whole "we wanted parity so you guys wouldn't argue hurhur" schtick, marginalize one of the public faces of its company (Jade Raymond) so that she either left of her own volition or was forced out, and have a PR department that's seemingly run by morons.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So I'm not the only one who thinks this. Everything will be back to normal in an hour.

It makes too much sense though. Ubi just patched UPlay to work better with Steam, so being Ubisoft the next logical step is to remove their games from Steam.

Oh boy, content that could be unlocked int he game normally! Oh and locking console-specific content (hello Aveline!) behind a "deluxe" paywall on PC which should be above that shit.

Also Cloud Saving on their client that may/may not delete your save/progress! Wonderful!

What about the sweet wallpapers they offer though?

FloatOn

Confession time. I've only played about 20-30 minutes worth of the assassin's creed series, AC1 on a friends Xbox all those years ago

I somehow brought myself to beat asscreed 1 on xbox.

It was so bad that I haven't been compelled to play the rest of the series. I somehow feel as though I dodged a bullet.

edit: also I haven't been following this ubi thing really. are they pulling their games off steam in the states as well? If so I need to buy south park asap right?

Alavard

Mine is that I actually still like the Assassin's Creed series (well, didn't like AC3, and haven't played much of Black Flag yet). Oh, and I liked Far Cry 3. I just don't think Ubi's games are worth $60 (oh, wait $70 in Canada now) anymore.

Oh the Deluxe stuff is terrible, I agree with that. But wallpapers, reskins and extra missions I can slightly forgive and at times enjoy. I miss unlockables/rewards for achieving things in-game, most of those have entirely been removed and sold of as Premium DLC in general now.

fantomena

Will I sitll be able to play my pre-ordered FC4? If not, Im not sure if I will be able to play it on a console. FPS on consoles. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom