• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

2014-11-06_21-39-42.jpg

ok that was legitimately funny
*be back, still laughing*

Sajjaja

Oh the Deluxe stuff is terrible, I agree with that. But wallpapers, reskins and extra missions I can slightly forgive and at times enjoy. I miss unlockables/rewards for achieving things in-game, most of those have entirely been removed and sold of as Premium DLC in general now.

I really liked the AC4 backgrounds on the PS3 they gave.

Dr Dogg

So I'm not the only one who thinks this. I bet everything will be back to normal in an hour.

While I agree I don't think an hour. Wouldn't the Subs be sorted by someone at their HQ, ie in France? It's 21:40 there at the moment. Tomorrow we'll all wake up and it will be like a bad dream. Ahhhhhhhh.... ggggghhhhhhhh!!! Why aren't they back?!?!?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People actually spend the 10Uplay points on wallpapers?! *mind boggles*

Honestly, the only Uplay stuff worth unlocking is the AC1/2/3 robes if you want to play in those instead of the default/new robe and maybe the weapons/multiplayer but they aren't needed so it's entirely pointless and could/should be unlocked in game normally.

Honestly though: Uplay's client is a piece of shit. I say this as someone that doesn't care if publishers want to start their own platforms. But Uplay's is just awful. The only reason why I tolerated it is because I could still buy the Ubisoft titles on Steam and only have to boot through Uplay for a few minutes to get to the game. No more. :/

rtcn63

You know, people might be on to something. I've noticed that I tend to agree with what JaseC does, particularly when it comes to Ubisoft games or blonde Irish actresses. And it's usually after he starts his post with "Would you kindly..."

People actually spend the 10Uplay points on wallpapers?! *mind boggles*

Honestly, the only Uplay stuff worth unlocking is the AC1/2/3 robes if you want to play in those instead of the default/new robe and maybe the weapons/multiplayer but they aren't needed so it's entirely pointless and could/should be unlocked in game normally.
The uplay rewards for Rayman Legends were just Lums which unlocked costumes which were useful, and in Blood Dragon it unlocked the soundtrack, which was nice(although the soundtrack comes on a separate CD if you purchase the physical collection, so it's less nice if you purchased it physically)

FloatOn

I need someone to provide me a summary of what the fuck is going on with ubisoft

should I buy southpark now or is that safe sense it's steamworks

I'm in america so what's what steamgaf?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hopefully it's temporary like some are suggesting. I want Unity and FC4, even though I'll probably wait for them to be cheap.

I never had much of a problem with uPlay (aside from one time where it heavily acted up I never pay it mind), and a removal of Ubi games from Steam would be a loss for me as I enjoy their games for the most part.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
You know, people might be on to something. I've noticed that I tend to agree with what JaseC does, particularly when it comes to games or blonde Irish actresses. And it's usually after he finishes his post with "Would you kindly?".

aaT0qPq.gif

I watched Snowpiercer and totally got Bioshock vibes from it.

Asgaro

You aren't missing much.

I was done after 1 & 2, haven't touched it since.

Lights

Yeah, AC2 kinda of ruined it for me... I have intent to go play the rest of the series at some point, but I never end up doing it. :3

You can play part II as the consensus is that it's the best in the series. I'm partial to the original, myself.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

The original blows 2 out of the water.

Actual Assassin vibe and gameplay vs GTA:Renaissance...
At least 2 has that sweet ass bromance with Leonardo Brovinci.

Jawmuncher

I need someone to provide me a summary of what the fuck is going on with ubisoft

should I buy southpark now or is that safe sense it's steamworks

I'm in america so what's what steamgaf?

Potentially taking games off from steam I guess.
I would guess though that if they do they won't until after the winter sale.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The uplay rewards for Rayman Legends were just Lums which unlocked costumes which were useful, and in Blood Dragon it unlocked the soundtrack, which was nice(although the soundtrack comes on a separate CD if you purchase the physical collection, so it's less nice if you purchased it physically)

Right, but you could get those elsewhere. Just like the concept art which is probably in some Ubi employee's online portfolio somewhere. It's not like them being locked behind a points scheme is somehow a worthwhile reward for the pointless point-unlock system. But maybe that's just me. A lot of the Uplay rewards would just be better if they dropped the whole Uplay Point system.

Right, but you could get those elsewhere. Just like the concept art which is probably in some Ubi employee's online portfolio somewhere. It's not like them being locked behind a points scheme is somehow a worthwhile reward for the pointless point-unlock system. But maybe that's just me. A lot of the Uplay rewards would just be better if they dropped the whole Uplay Point system.

Out of all the platforms that have an achievement system in place, uplay (despite it's faults) is the only one I'm aware of that rewards you with something for gaining those achievements. I don't think anyone is defending it otherwise, the platform is terribly slow at the best of times.

Yeah, I don't like it either, I'd rather the content just be unlocked through in-game accomplishments, like the cheats in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood! Those are awesome, they'd be slightly less awesome if they were just uplay unlocks.

its okay guys, south park is still there. now we just gotta wait for a sale so we can get that sweet russian price for it and THEN we can we can leave ubi.

iosefe

too many thoughts and opinions on the AC series

anyway, i'm gonna boot up Secret of the magic Crystal for my first official session in a few minutes. to stream or not to stream?

Yeah, I don't like it either, I'd rather the content just be unlocked through in-game accomplishments, like the cheats in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood! Those are awesome, they'd be slightly less awesome if they were just uplay unlocks.

But it sort of is. You earn the in-game achievement which earns you points, and most of the time if you earn all the in-game uplay achievements you get enough points to 'buy' all the content for that game.

Jawmuncher

Oh so they have already been removed.
Dumb decision but thankfully I don't have much interest in anything Ubisoft.
The only major publisher that I rarely buy games from. Just need to get south park though.

as someone who associates people with their avater(anyone who doesn't have an avatar or changes it frequently let me just tell you, thats annoying. ily still but stahp being annoying pls) i thought you was jasec for a second.

But it sort of is. You earn the in-game achievement which earns you points, and most of the time if you earn all the in-game uplay achievements you get enough points to 'buy' all the content for that game.
But to spend my Uplay points for the Uplay Actions I complete requires I use Uplay, and that's the main bit I object to :p

as someone who associates people with their avater(anyone who doesn't have an avatar or changes it frequently let me just tell you, thats annoying. ily still but stahp being annoying pls) i thought you was jasec for a second.
I thought it was jasec until I read your post.

Maybe I am JaseC
I'm Australian, I love Assassin's Creed, and uh, uuhh. I'm sure I do other JaseC related things.

Messiah

I thought it was jasec until I read your post.

FloatOn

Oh so they have already been removed.
Dumb decision but thankfully I don't have much interest in anything Ubisoft.
The only major publisher that I rarely buy games from. Just need to get south park though.

Same here. I still haven't bought south park, child of light, valiant hearts or rayman origins though :/

But to spend my Uplay points for the Uplay Actions I complete requires I use Uplay, and that's the main bit I object to :p

haha well that's their 'hook', I guess! I can't begrudge them for having it. It's how I had envisioned Xbox Achievements Points working back in the day, buying Avatar items, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom