• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Dang Ubisoft really gonna be splitting off? What are they gonna do about the people that ordered Unity already on the Steam Store? Or was the whole thing just an error? Unity or Far Cry 4 don't seem to be showing up for me either.

Also hiiii Steamgaf. How's everyone been enjoying Binding of Issac Rebirth and Advanced Warfare? I played through the AW campaign and I actually thought it was pretty good, Ended up beating it on both Hardened and Veteran already, and I skipped Ghosts and MW 2 and 3 so it felt pretty fresh for the campaign. Some of the levels were just really well done and I really overall enjoyed it. I haven't put much time into Binding of Issac yet though, but I will be soon. I still don't know how to feel about the music, I used to love the old tracks so much, and it's hard to accept the change -___-. The old boss theme was one of my favorites.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rhak-Rhak, help me hype up Late to the Party.

cant wait for the (more and more likely) future of (at least) 4 different clients to launch 4 different companies games (Steam, Origin, Uplay and Battlenet)

I dont know how uplay works, but my problem with origin (well, appart from me wanting to have all my games in 1 unified place) is that their sales are REGIONAL. or at least it used to be when i paid attention?

whats that, dead space 3 is on sale in the US? goes to check the euro origin, nope still full price. I fucking hate that and its just one example how ass backwards they are. Not sure how sales on uplay work, of if they even run sales

but yeah, this blows, and sadly between this happening and DA: Inquisition (which I want to bad to ignore origin for the first time since Old Republic), I kinda have to "give up" and just embrace this I guess

edit: oh and also, for people that still refuse to believe that PC sales in general are but a blip in these companies radars, just the fact that they would rather lose the entire sale of the game rather than cough up the 30% to Valve, like on DLC and shit, goes to show how little they even care about selling the PC versions

interesting

i might be interested in the samaritan paradox thing now

Go for it, man. Like he said, the puzzles can be hard, but in my opinion they're never obtuse or nonsensical. And yeah, there are a few pixel hunts, and a few of the dreaded timing puzzles, but I'll always say this is a damn good adventure game.

-gasp- NIS has just provided me with like a years worth of potential avatars :eek: First one I'll be using the flan.
prinny_image.png

Turfster

edit: oh and also, for people that still refuse to believe that PC sales in general are but a blip in these companies radars, just the fact that they would rather lose the entire sale of the game rather than cough up the 30% to Valve, like on DLC and shit, goes to show how little they even care about selling the PC versions

That's... not actually what I meant. (although I agree)

I meant this upcoming game, from the Unrest devs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dang Ubisoft really gonna be splitting off? What are they gonna do about the people that ordered Unity already on the Steam Store? Or was the whole thing just an error? Unity or Far Cry 4 don't seem to be showing up for me either.

theyll be fine if they already bought it, I still have dragon age 2 on steam for example (among many others that are now gone)

That's... not actually what I meant. (although I agree)

I meant this upcoming game, from the Unrest devs.

oh lol. cool

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Also hiiii Steamgaf. How's everyone been enjoying Binding of Issac Rebirth and Advanced Warfare? I played through the AW campaign and I actually thought it was pretty good, Ended up beating it on both Hardened and Veteran already, and I skipped Ghosts and MW 2 and 3 so it felt pretty fresh for the campaign. Some of the levels were just really well done and I really overall enjoyed it. I haven't put much time into Binding of Issac yet though, but I will be soon. I still don't know how to feel about the music, I used to love the old tracks so much, and it's hard to accept the change -___-. The old boss theme was one of my favorites.

Most likely everyone who already preordered the game will retain their copies.

madjoki

was taking a pre-work nap, Ubisoft is ACTUALLY pulling a EA? great, just great

Doesn't seem like it's planned or at least it isn't well planned.

Chris @ Ubisoft Support 2014-11-06 19:33 GMT

At this time Steam has removed the purchase option for Assassin's Creed: Unity. Unfortunately we do not have the information as to why they have removed the ability. Usually these issues are caused by purchasing problems and are resolved quickly. For more information, I would recommend contacting Steam's support team to verify at what time the option to purchase will be returned.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...eed_unity_removed_from_steam_in_north/cluzjta

zkylon

zkylewd
Go for it, man. Like he said, the puzzles can be hard, but in my opinion they're never obtuse or nonsensical. And yeah, there are a few pixel hunts, and a few of the dreaded timing puzzles, but I'll always say this is a damn good adventure game.

yea i mean i'm just looking for a good story, i hope i'm good enough to survive the rest

-gasp- NIS has just provided me with like a years worth of potential avatars :eek: First one I'll be using the flan.
good choice

disgaea on pc would be pretty alright

but i don't like grinding so ehh

i guess some other people would be happy with it

Jawmuncher

Think I might actually take a break from steam until VC is out.
Everything I want to start on it I don't think I will finish before then.

Hopefully Rogue will be up day and date as I preordered Liberation about a week before it came out on Steam. I assume it was due to be digital distribution only as Child of Light and Valiant Hearts were both fine but then again so was Rayman Legends. Who knows what's going on but big AAA Ubi titles haven't been available to us in the UK the same as everyone else for a while now.

Nah just can't buy them due to not having a store page. Gifts from NA, Europe (excluding the CIS regions) should be fine. In fact it would work out cheaper getting someone from the US to gift you a copy in exchange for the appropriate amount via PayPal or the such like. So it's just an inconvenience really.

those games have been region locked to hell and back so probably.

They can. (Only gifts from EU/NA to be specific)

Shouldn't be a problem.
The UK falls under ROW for Steam.
(I thought Uplay keys didn't have region locks, but I'm not sure now)

Thanks for the replies. It looks like Ubisoft has literally just driven some Steam users to buy the game for cheaper from abroad. Silly Ubisoft!

If you're reading this and are bored, I'll give you two TF2 keys if you can find the image from which I derived this avatar. This isn't some sort of treasure hunt I've orchestrated -- I honestly cannot find it.

It's okay, I'm sure Ubi is in discussions with Valve to have the game available as soon as possible!

I've probably been beaten but here goes:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31004024@N04/5640734490/

That flan is pretty awesome. I kinda like the octopus too.
lol yea i was having a tough time picking between the two but decided I'll go flan first then the octopus, then the cat one.
Use the pudding one, it's so cute!

i mean that was the one i said i was going for :p flan, pudding, same shit. they're both delicious.

good choice

disgaea on pc would be pretty alright

but i don't like grinding so ehh

i guess some other people would be happy with it

thanks <3 I'm okay with the grinding but the series absoutely SHINES on psp/vita. if it was up to me they'd do the portable versions first then they can port it over to ps3/4. I have yet to buy disgaea D2 cause I'm patiently awaiting the vita port.

Miguel81

Think I might actually take a break from steam until VC is out.
Everything I want to start on it I don't think I will finish before then.

That game will be something new. I'm not very familiar with SRPGs in general, but the artstyle is captivating and the demo from way back when was rather fun. Not to mention it's the first step towards getting VF5FS and Vanquish(looking forward to these).

Chariot

lol yea i was having a tough time picking between the two but decided I'll go flan first then the octopus, then the cat one.

i mean that was the one i said i was going for :p flan, pudding, same shit. they're both delicious.
Oooh. I didn't knew the word flan. Interesting. My english vocabulary reached a new level.

GaussTek

Uh oh.

GTA V apparently using additional DRM on top of Steam's:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927970
http://gtaforums.com/topic/745799-v-pc-to-use-denuvo-drm/#entry1066428562

Hi guys got some news for PC players.

Rockstar will use new DRM system in GTA 5 for PC. This system is Denuvo, which also used in FIFA 15 and Lords of the Fallen.
This System uses special code which changes every time so this DRM is still not hacked, and I think it wont be.
No more piracy on PC and only way you can play GTA 5 its Steam.

Got this info today. Also today Denuvo updated partners on their site. Rockstar now here too. So its confirmed.

Site http://www.denuvo.com

I think it is good they fight piracy, but Denuvo is very hard DRM and some people can have crashes or another issues like in Lords of the Fallen.
What are you think?

Dr Dogg

I'd really love it, if that Valve are fucking with Ubisoft trying to say it's them not us and kneecap them everwhere not just the UK.

Oh and that GTAV double DRM posibility sounds fucking horrible.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Wow, that sucks.

related, Lords of the Fallen needs a DRM warning

http://store.steampowered.com/app/265300/

Exactly what I was thinking. I can add a warning to Enhanced Steam, but only if it's mentioned somewhere (anywhere) on the page or in the EULA, which it's not. That's super shady.

We don't know if the DRM is what causes Lords of the Fallen's crashes, for all we know it could be bad coding in the dev's side.
I haven't seen widespread crash issues with Fifa 15, and if using that new DRM means that the game won't be cracked/won't be cracked until a lot of time passes then I'm allright with it, as it's not something like Securom which actively punished the user.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We don't know if the DRM is what causes Lords of the Fallen's crashes, for all we know it could be bad coding in the dev's side.
I haven't seen widespread crash issues with Fifa 15, and if using that new DRM means that the game won't be cracked/won't be cracked until a lot of time passes then I'm allright with it, as it's not something like Securom which actively punished the user.

Denuvo's site makes it sound like it works in conjunction with or incorporates portions of SecuROM. Most likely it's a wrapper for SecuROM.

In a strange way this Ubisoft and Double DRM thing has made Consoles so much easier to deal with. Is it too easy/simple for them to use their Rockstar Club thing as a 'deterrent'?

Turfster

Uh oh.

GTA V apparently using additional DRM on top of Steam's:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927970

Oh good.
Because that always ends well.
The fact that GEETAV uses it will mean this new bad(? if it's the reason why Lords of the Fallen is such a buggy piece of shit, which I'm willing to accept) DRM will definitely be hacked in turn, like all the others before it.
Nobody loses except the paying customer, as usual.

Wayward manor is... kind of a letdown.
It's a really simple puzzler, but at least it's... sort of fun?

Rhaknar

In a strange way this Ubisoft and Double DRM thing has made Consoles so much easier to deal with. Is it too easy/simple for them to use their Rockstar Club thing as a 'deterrent'?

consoles are always easier to "deal with" if only in a "put your disc in and play, dont have to worry about settings"

jshackles

The closest thing I could find about DRM in Lords of the Fallen was this in the EULA:

ONLINE REVALIDATION

This Game eventually connects to a third party server to revalidate your Steam ticket.

So this is probably that Denuvo DRM.

Oh good.
The fact that GEETAV uses it will mean this new bad(? if it's the reason why Lords of the Fallen is such a buggy piece of shit, which I'm willing to accept) DRM will definitely be hacked in turn.

Well, their website brags that it took hackers 46 days to hack Fifa - a triumph that they're quite proud of. What other companies (like Rockstar) don't realize is that now the hackers know exactly what to look for, meaning next time it will be much easier for them to remove. I would lay all my Canadough on GTA 5 being hacked within a week. Of course, the DRM will never be removed so legitimate customers will be frustrated over it for years.

Zafir

Oh good.
The fact that GEETAV uses it will mean this new bad(? if it's the reason why Lords of the Fallen is such a buggy piece of shit, which I'm willing to accept) DRM will definitely be hacked in turn.

Well, to be fair, considering Lords of the Fallen runs pretty poorly on consoles as well. I'm not sure it's just the DRM. :p

That said, drm is never a good thing. :/

AHA-Lambda

woah, woah hold the bloody phone wtf is dunovo?
The Lords of the Fallen page doesn't even mention it!

In better news (for anyone interested) I checked the Steam forums and A Bird Story launches tomorrow at $5 plus a launch discount :)

Warning for anyone who doesn't know this game will be short, estimated at an hour!

madjoki

Denuvo's site makes it sound like it works in conjunction with or incorporates portions of SecuROM. Most likely it's a wrapper for SecuROM.

Or likely Steam DRM in case of Lords of the Fallen?
Site makes it sound like it's only meant to make editing files harder to remove actual DRM.
Lords of the Fallen doesn't seem to have serial of any sort, so it's not using Securom.

NG28

Should I play Call of Pripyat with the Complete Mod? I know I needed to use it for SoC, but am unsure about CoP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom