• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
for what its worth I rarely do much of the new game+ content. its too much grinding for me on consoles put i did all of it for disgaea 1 & 2 on my psp. if d2 comes to the vita I'll most likely end up doing a lot of the ng+ content on that as well. reason I haven't done it on the D3 port is cause I really don't want to have to beat the story mode again.
yeah disgaea actually sounds like the perfect game for a portable

unfortunately despite how appealing gravity rush is to me, i have none such thing

I would have a lot more respect and trust for the company if they added a sentence to the end like "As such, we then completely removed the DRM on day 47."
yup

piracy prevention is money down the drain

but hey if you're gonna punish your players, might as well remove the damn thing when it's become obsolete

AHA-Lambda

Okay, so let me get this right:

1) Ubisoft games are apparently leaving Steam
2) GTA V will have DRM on it, not quite sure what it does yet
3) That this same DRM could keep cropping up seeing as there are a list of publishers on that Dunovo website
4) And that Just Cause 3 is laden with microtransactions

That is a hell of a bad day of news there =/
Why does it feel like 2008 again all of a sudden?

Nabs

So Watch_Dogs and Trials Fusion just made community stats visible. That can sometimes mean that achievements are on the way. Maybe it's lined up with the new Uplay / Steam account linking? I honestly don't know what's happening.

I did wonder if FC4 was going to go this route when they added various achievement languages a few months back. I figured it was nothing at the time.

----- edit: to be fair, Black Flag has always had community stats visible. Nothing has come of that.

It couldn't be a Rockstar game without some shitty DRM, first GFWL, then Social Club, now this, if they can get the performance issues sorted out then it's fine by me, but for some reason I really doubt they will.

zkylon

zkylewd
because publishers never learn and should legit go fuck themselves :/

it's not fair for the other publishers that only ea wins that shittiest company in america award

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well at least theres SOME good news today (for me at least), Lords of the Fallen dlc/expansion announced, that was totally unexpected. I loved the game even with all its flaws so yay

madjoki

So Watch_Dogs and Trials Fusion just made community stats visible. That can sometimes mean that achievements are on the way. Maybe it's lined up with the new Uplay / Steam account linking? I honestly don't know what's happening.

I did wonder if FC4 was going to go this route when they added various achievement languages a few months back. I figured it was nothing at the time.

----- edit: to be fair, Black Flag has always had community stats visible. Nothing has come of that.

Someone from Ubisoft just messing around randomly? Accidently doing this and removal of upcoming games.

well at least theres SOME good news today (for me at least), Lords of the Fallen dlc/expansion announced, that was totally unexpected. I loved the game even with all its flaws so yay

But it uses that Denuva thing!

AHA-Lambda

I'm sure it was mentioned in this thread before that SteamDb showed that there was a Lords of the Fallen Season Pass sub, so expect more stuff coming.

Wow, it's like bad news after bad news, additional DRM on steam, am I still in 2014? Good thing is, I'm gonna go watch Interstellar tonight.

Shadownet

Banned
Okay, so let me get this right:

1) Ubisoft games are apparently leaving Steam
2) GTA V will have DRM on it, not quite sure what it does yet
3) That this same DRM could keep cropping up seeing as there are a list of publishers on that Dunovo website
4) And that Just Cause 3 is laden with microtransactions

That is a hell of a bad day of news there =/
Why does it feel like 2008 again all of a sudden?
I honestly just shed a tear. :(

My game still crashed in the loot rift thingies last time I checked. I hope they are also working on a new patch, because announcing DLC when a lot of people have stability issues isn't a good way to earn customers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Uh... it's published by squenix, king of DLC

I thought it was Namco? Which isn't small per se, but still I dunno, for whatever reason I didn't expect DLC for it. Then again even that Game of Thrones rpg game got DLC so

Annubis

I guess they really are that confident in their new DRM if they put it in on a game like GTA V.
I mean, that's really painting a target at yourself.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a smaller European dev/publisher, how is it not unexpected? Do you expect DLC for Styx?

i wouldn't be surprised really

everything gets dlc nowadays

also lords of the fallen is a fairly high profile game with good production values so i'd be surprised if there wasn't any dlc for it

Skyzard

Banned
Long live Origin
VijkfSB.jpg

Cross-regional purchasing

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so you guys let me down when I was trying to hype up Unrest, but that's okay.
You can redeem yourselves by helping me hype up Late to the Party.

You know, I sort of want to hype it up long after it releases, just to have a thread titled "LTTP: LTTP," if only to screw with people thinking that it'll be a thread about Link to the Past.

Yeah, I'm sort of glad that I'm not really interested in GTA V.

Rhaknar

you can activate all the EA games steam keys on origin aswell correct? just not the other way around

-Deimos

^ how do you mean? Oh I see, quite a few months for the non-new ones.

I use xe.com for currency conversion, helps with all these regions.

It was Rs.1,799.00
so

1,799.00 INR = 29.2663 USD

Were the games always in our libraries since we preordered them or did they show up just now?

-Deimos

Almost the second I completed the order through my web browser it showed up in my client. I preordered all three new games today.

Oh, I already had them preordered for a few weeks now. Never bothered to check the client to see if they were in my library and assumed they wouldn't be until I was charged. The order page still says processing too.

Does Origin give you a refund if you decide to not want the game before it come out?

There's a cancel button on my order page and you're not charged until the game releases.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

light fish -- MB-DEC160E0FB7AE5A4 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker Initiation -- MB-E572E4A3CA6C66ED - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
world truck racing -- MB-C5A85659061BC4D9 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 2 entrants total.
trace vector -- MB-48DFD18519D3565F - Taken by Consequence. 4 entrants total.
little street racers -- MB-3C8755C7ED31A40A - Taken by Casimir. 3 entrants total.
circuits -- MB-520F95DED3E2B217 - Taken by RyanPierre. 1 entrants total.
Power Up -- MB-A5BFE9CFAF25F934 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-C889B17CA88E73CE - Taken by F-Pina. 1 entrants total.
Galactic Arms Race -- MB-D6AC65C617FFC89E - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Tropico 3 Gold -- MB-D7F57940E7232C8A - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
zack zero -- MB-F649218D3CAA26DF - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
level 22 -- MB-C20BB233754C4DF6 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.

t1415335096z1.png

Skyzard

Banned
Does Origin give you a refund if you decide to not want the game before it come out?

If I go to http://help.ea.com/en/refund/ it says:
You don't have any games that qualify for a refund right now.

But if I go to the client order history it says processing for the preorders and gives me an option to cancel after clicking the plus sign.

There's a cancel button on my order page and you're not charged until the game releases.

^ that's why I guess.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
NHi4cX0.jpg

I guess it wasn't a ploy to sell DLC then.

Catshade

you an activate all the EA games steam keys on origin aswell correct? just not the other way around

Not the steam keys (the 15-digit ones); If your EA games on Steam have CD keys/activation keys, there's a 99% chance you can redeem those keys on Origin.

Rhaknar

Not the steam keys (the 15-digit ones); If your EA games on Steam have CD keys/activation keys, there's a 99% chance you can redeem those keys on Origin.

yeah i mean the ones you get from "view cd key" or whatever it is when you right click games. Its just, when I download Origin to get Inquisition, I will have... 1 game there, Old Republic. Well 2 with Dragon age. I just want to spruce it up a bit :(

Shadownet

Banned
Huh guess i'll get the game on Origin, I can always cancel and switch it later if I change my mind. $30 is hard to beat. Can you buy the gold edition on Origin? or the Season Pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom