• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long live Origin
VijkfSB.jpg

Cross-regional purchasing

Hmmm, Origin activating Uplay? Something is very very wrong here...

So remember the mispriced Warlock 2 on GamersGate that got you the game for free? Just saw something I've never seen on Steam: a red box on the top of the client saying "You have a notification from Steam Support". Warlock 2 has been removed from my account due to a "payment processing error". Strange.

Lomax

NHi4cX0.jpg

I guess it wasn't a ploy to sell DLC then.

Bleh, considering the whole thing with the Bethesda bundle and how that had to cost them a small fortune, I had figured they'd let us keep it. I had been pretty excited to get it too, but I've had enough fun with Endless Legend this week that Warlock 2 is now definitely going into the "will get in a bundle someday" pile.

Of course, it's absolutely ridiculous that it took them this long to revoke it. It should have either been done straight away for not at all, and they should have informed us that it was going to happen. But then again, Gamersgate has never exactly been any sort of model of professionalism.

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone has a full pricelist (in dollars preferably) of the cheap origin thingies?

at least for the new releases like ass unity, dragon age, titanfall, farcry 4, etc.

thanks

Skyzard

Banned
anyone has a full pricelist (in dollars preferably) of the cheap origin thingies?

at least for the new releases like ass unity, dragon age, titanfall, farcry 4, etc.

thanks

$40 for Dragon Age
Under $30 each for Asscreed and Farcry

There were extra special editions and season passes available with most if not all of them. I think for about $10-15 extra but not sure.

lol sorry it was too funny

yeah i mean i don't really hold it against it, some people like that kind of shit and that's their thing, but it's a series i think i could really get into if it was less grindy, at least for doing the base level stuff like beating the damned game.

i'm rarely interested in ng+ anyways, tho if i understand correctly ng+ and all that stuff is kind of the point of the disgaea games

stories is basically all i do
I blame the similarity between the colours of normal black text and blue hyperlinked text.

Okay, so let me get this right:

1) Ubisoft games are apparently leaving Steam
2) GTA V will have DRM on it, not quite sure what it does yet
3) That this same DRM could keep cropping up seeing as there are a list of publishers on that Dunovo website
4) And that Just Cause 3 is laden with microtransactions

That is a hell of a bad day of news there =/
Why does it feel like 2008 again all of a sudden?

This is a shitty day. :(

Miguel81

Anyone rec playing Origins(got it free) before Inquisition? I've seen bits and pieces of playthroughs on YT, but the game seems rather bland. Inquisition is right up my alley, though, no doubt about that.

Edit: Wolfenstein TNO looks freakin' insane in the playthroughs. My poor 7950 will scream like a banshee I'd wager.

Shadownet

Banned

Assassin's Creed Unity: $30 (standard), $57 (gold edition) ** if you buy from India Origin
Far Cry 4: $30 (standard), $44 (gold edition) ** if you buy from India Origin
Dragon Age Inquisition: $40 (standard), $45 (deluxe edition) ** if you buy from Mexico Origin

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean i've fallen for this on skyrim and bought it for like 30 bucks so i'm probably still gonna skip em but it's a toughie for sure

but i'd rather spend that money on vc if anything i think

Zafir

Assassin's Creed Unity: $30 (standard), $57 (gold edition) ** if you buy from India Origin
Far Cry 4: $30 (standard), $44 (gold edition) ** if you buy from India Origin
Dragon Age Inquisition: $40 (standard), $45 (deluxe edition) ** if you buy from Mexico Origin

Did the price of the unity gold edition go up? It was the same price as the gold edition of FC4 when I grabbed it the other month.

Shadownet

Banned
Did the price of the unity gold edition go up? It was the same price as the gold edition of FC4 when I grabbed it the other month.
I'm not sure. but $57 is still pretty damn sweet.

I think we should wait for benchmark or impression of how AC will run from fantomena before we jump in and buy AC from Origin. That's what I'm doing.

Maniac

Banned
yup, i've said it before, i really think i could settle for hl2-like graphics forever

imagine if developers had put all their energy and money into developing better gameplay systems rather than new shaders and whatever
If Crytek did that, they'd undoubtedly have made some great games. :p

Devolver 2gut. Really love following their shared faux-CEO account. Lots of laughs.
Isoefe is hamming it up too much, I bet he's actually a horse expert, but just playing it up like a Fox News personality.
Landhorse or seahorse?

Horse race DLC next!
Seahorse racing? Yes please! Also, I'm told The Witcher 3 is getting free Seahorse Armour DLC!

I love Devolver. Always good for a giggle.
Some genuinely good folk runnin' that there Devolver. And their community peeps are just incredibly pleasant.

of course the pathologic kickstarter updates had to come in written play form

those guys are so aweosme

they rock my world
The backer-update I got in my email was a pleasant surprise.
The trees!
I just woke up to see the newer Ubisoft games removed from Steam worldwide; I really, really want to rage, but...eh, I probably wouldn't buy them if they're still on Steam.

So, carry on, Ubisoft. Whatever tickles your pickle.
Man, I really wanted to buy all those 3 new games for sub-5 euros in a sale come next summer or winter :[ (I'd rather play Paranautical Activity than FC though)

According to Rhaknar, it's Cigars and Brandy(?).
For me it's a glass of cold milk and muh kitty. She's a cuddly, purring* idiot.

She tends to drool quite a bit when she purrs. And she prefers a persons hand or arm as her pillow. -_-' Also yay community.
<-- would make Copons cry with joy.

-gasp- NIS has just provided me with like a years worth of potential avatars :eek: First one I'll be using the flan.
Oh, there you are... I thought you hadn't posted in a while, but you'd just turned into pudding!

i mean that was the one i said i was going for :p flan, pudding, same shit. they're both delicious.
Now I'm just hungry. And it's 3:30 in the morning. Wait...!?

Fuck it's 3:30 in the morning! I have to get up in a few hours! Balls!
Did you mean, Securom+GFWL+Rockstar Social Club?

That's what GTA IV used. (Steam DRM isn't used even on Steam copies).

Social Club is confirmed for GTA V, at least for Online portition.
I look forward to SecuRom + Devu... Desu... That thing, Social Club, SteamWorks DRMlite and possibly some GFWL, Uplay and Origin sprinkled ontop. (Just kidding, the last two are out of the question! ,_,)

The complete mods are worth the effort to install and config, or at least I had fun with them. New resolutions, fixed bugs, quests, etc.
Yeah, I concur. They do a lot to fix up the games and just make them a better, more consistent experience. They're more integral to STALKER than the community patches are to Beth games, in my opinion.

Edit: What in the?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/328600/

When did Frozen Synapse Prime, the Vita spruced up version, get a Steam release mentioned? Sod it I'm down with that.
It was "announced" a week or two ago. I believe RPS wrote about it, and that's the only reason I know. It looks nice though.

Long live Origin
VijkfSB.jpg

Cross-regional purchasing
B... But sales and big discounts devalue your property and the entirely of your IP portfolio!... EA said so! Based Electro boogie Artsies!

baterism

Just few days away to VC. VC kicked out to top 30 in my store, but remains top on GMG. FM2015 is top in my store. Seems like SEGA is having a field day. Hopefully it tells them that their place is in PC.

Not everything is bleak it seems.

Maniac

Banned
Iiiiis there a tool somewhere out there which can be used to calculate what badges are the cheapest to craft? (Whether factoring in owned cards or not isn't all that important to me)

Also, checking through the OP for such a tool, I seem to have stumbled upon two dead links, not sure if they're temporarily down or dead-dead, though. They're these two 'ere:

TikiOne-Steam-Cleaner
... Pseudo-edit; TikiOne requires a .org/en/ adress and not fr/en/... Unless my browser is broken :p
SteamPlayTime (Listed in the OP under "Calculates how long it will take you to beat all of the games in your library"... Seems to be broken-broken. The description on the site mentioned that the tool has been broken for quite some time, too.

... I suppose I should PM Orange about this.

edit: and done. Time for bed now that it's 4 in the morning. Crap. ,_,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom