• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Something tells me, neither EA nor Ubisoft would be generous to leave such an error around before release, lol. :p

I'm not hearing a nooooooooo :3
hqdefault.jpg

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Orborun -- MB-BCA9B344911B6B56 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Syder Arcade -- MB-4E84EF10CBDD58A3 - Taken by darkchewie
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-4A3FE57D93B6B48C - Taken by dot

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
i think no comments from ubi at this point means it wasn't a mistake rite?

It's beginning to look that way, yeah.

Then again, Ubi is always slow about responding to controversies.

hope not, as it not being a mistake would be silly

but then again ubi is a silly company run by silly people that like making silly things like having aisha tyler curse a lot while she's all like this is ubi bitches deal with it

so you know it's not beneath them for sure

This is true.

This is also true.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't understand any of this

It's beginning to look that way, yeah.

Then again, Ubi is always slow about responding to controversies.
hope not, as it not being a mistake would be silly

but then again ubi is a silly company run by silly people that like making silly things like having aisha tyler curse a lot while she's all like this is ubi bitches deal with it

so you know it's not beneath them for sure

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Someone mentioned in the dedicated thread that he spoke with a support rep who said that the removals were a mistake.

ubi support (and pr) says lots of things ... like that it was Volvo's fault those games weren't available in the UK ;) etc. etc. etc.

Bleh, considering the whole thing with the Bethesda bundle and how that had to cost them a small fortune, I had figured they'd let us keep it. I had been pretty excited to get it too, but I've had enough fun with Endless Legend this week that Warlock 2 is now definitely going into the "will get in a bundle someday" pile.

Of course, it's absolutely ridiculous that it took them this long to revoke it. It should have either been done straight away for not at all, and they should have informed us that it was going to happen. But then again, Gamersgate has never exactly been any sort of model of professionalism.

Although I half-expected that the key would be revoked, they did a pretty piss-poor job. Technically, they did inform their userbase... in a help topic that was answered by someone who had no speaking authority for the company, and was quickly closed after the question was "answered".

I've said it before, but if Gamersgate wants to keep mistakes like this from happening, they need to start by fixing their site. I've already had payment problems, a discount code being eaten, and now a code gets revoked because they didn't want to admit that someone dropped the ball. I don't believe for a second that a bot attack caused a price mistake on one specific game right at the time they happened to be rolling over to their next sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ubi support (and pr) says lots of things ... like that it was Volvo's fault those games weren't available in the UK ;) etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, but I still don't think this is Ubi pulling an EA. Where's the sense in updating your client for more seamless Steam integration if you're not going to sell your games on the platform going forward?

zkylon

zkylewd

i should probably watch that show

i loved peepshow until it got weirdly depressing with all the dobby stuff

tho i dunno about the laugh tracks

so hard

Someone mentioned in the dedicated thread that he spoke with a support rep who said that the removals were a mistake.
you're weird with the avatars today. stop being weird, i liked the first one

stikc with that

also too late for you ubi, valkyria <3

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yeah, but I still don't think this is Ubi pulling an EA. Where's the sense in updating your client for more seamless Steam integration if you're not going to sell your games on the platform going forward?

what would be really funny, though, is if it was a legitimate mistake ... but they decided to roll with it anyway ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just wait for it to come to a bundle. Or the next inevitable price error (this is either the second or third error I've seen for the game)..

Yeah, I'm not fussed. I bought the DDE when it was mistakenly 75% off on GMG soon after release so all I lost was the World Pack DLC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i don't think this post is well written lol

you said: "too late Ubi, Valkyria" implying its too late for Ubi to correct its mistake, assuming it is a mistake, because you bought Valkyria Chronicles

but you werent going to buy any of those games in the first place. I know you said it in jest, but so did I, hence the smiley

zkylon

zkylewd
you said: "too late Ubi, Valkyria" implying its too late for Ubi to correct its mistake, assuming it is a mistake, because you bought Valkyria Chronicles

but you werent going to buy any of those games in the first place. I know you said it in jest, but so did I, hence the smiley

oh rite i'm stoopid

anywho i am thinking about ass unity

i mean from now on i'm thinking about juicy indian ass unity but like as a weird sort of like i-hate-everything-about-these-games-but-i-still-enjoy-them-kind-of-fan everything they've said so far has been pretty nice and the era couldn't be more appealing to me

but more importantly, i'm really curious to see how much ubi fucks it up

oh rite i'm stoopid

anywho i am thinking about ass unity

i mean from now on i'm thinking about juicy indian ass unity but like as a weird sort of like i-hate-everything-about-these-games-but-i-still-enjoy-them-kind-of-fan everything they've said so far has been pretty nice and the era couldn't be more appealing to me

but more importantly, i'm really curious to see how much ubi fucks it up

mmmm.... ass unity.

Xanathus

Yeah I'm heavily tempted to get either ACU or FC4 from Indian Origin, can someone PM me some instructions as to how I can purchase it from there? I mainly just need to know what's a free India VPN service.

GamersGate accidentally gave out the game for free a couple of weeks ago and apparently didn't want to foot the bill, leading Paradox to request that the keys be disabled.

Just got that message when I booted up today. It's lame that they don't honor pricing mistakes but from a business point of view there's no reason to foot the bill unless you are concerned about your customers (something many companies take for granted).

I take back what I said about the combat in Alan Wake. Episode three is pissing me off with the amount of times I'm dying just because of sheer enemy overwhelm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom