• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Can you redeem a season pass without owning the game?

Pretty sure you can't. I remember some people having to store the Mordor season pass as an inventory item because they wanted the sale price on the pass while waiting on GMG to send them the base game keys to redeem.

Speaking of, I wonder what we'll see coming from that, because like an idiot, I bought another Season Pass ;;

xBladeM6x

Valkyria Chronicles coming out so soon? Oh yes. Here's to hoping there's some mod support, or is just moddable in some sense. Would love to see some custom maps.

Annubis

speaking of mods any mods i should know of for divinity?

i installed one that raises your movement speed out of combat and it's pretty alright

would be nice if there was a mod that let you speedup some spell animations

There's like no mods for D:OS =/
I'm not sure if it's because it's hard to do or nobody is bothering to do it.

And beer!

Technically publishers can allow this, but it's decidedly rare.

Pretty sure you can't. I remember some people having to store the Mordor season pass as an inventory item because they wanted the sale price on the pass while waiting on GMG to send them the base game keys to redeem.

Speaking of, I wonder what we'll see coming from that, because like an idiot, I bought another Season Pass ;;
Ah ok, I will probably wait then. Was tempted to get the Advanced Warfare one but I haven't actually bought it yet. Is GMG the best deal?

Also, anyone want to try Evolved?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Wow, really the worst sale in history.

Tumblr_mhbfwgusU91s3uqhqo1_400.gif

Deitus

Wow, really the worst sale in history.

Eh, Halloween sales are never big deals like the Winter/Thanksgiving/Summer sales. There's usually even less games than this on sale.

Mostly the problem with this sale is they did a terrible job of actually presenting the sales, so that the games on sale could actually get noticed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah ok, I will probably wait then. Was tempted to get the Advanced Warfare one but I haven't actually bought it yet. Is GMG the best deal?

Buy the Digital Pro upgrade from a trader. It's region-free and includes the Season Pass. You should be able to find it for 8.5 keys.

XDDX

Some spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (XDDX, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evolve Alpha 2 -- MB-ECE69FAB58251A36 - Taken by Im a Manatee. 1 entrants total.
Evolve Alpha -- MB-236B73E83EE865EC

t1414817653z1.png

JaseC

I know, found a very good price which is why I was tempted to get it. Is that redeemable without the game?

Hard to say since, while the Season Pass has no MustOwnAppToPurchase flag, the other apps it includes are still private.

baterism

Valkyria Chronicles coming out so soon? Oh yes. Here's to hoping there's some mod support, or is just moddable in some sense. Would love to see some custom maps.

Official VC support for mod would make me worship Sega.
It would be prety glorious if Miyazaki's concept arts like in this art book could be made inside it.

Eh, Halloween sales are never big deals like the Winter/Thanksgiving/Summer sales. There's usually even less games than this on sale.

Mostly the problem with this sale is they did a terrible job of actually presenting the sales, so that the games on sale could actually get noticed.

Never knew there was a Thanksgiving sale. Thanksgiving has already past for me, lol. Hope there will be better deals.

You would be surprised at how many Steam emotes and wallpapers you can buy with $.60. I got some really cool stuff, felt like going to a yard sale with a little money and walking away with useless crap.

Deitus

Never knew there was a Thanksgiving sale. Thanksgiving has already past for me, lol. Hope there will be better deals.

American Thanksgiving, which is in late November. It tends to have pretty good deals (they are competing with every other retailer's Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals), but it only lasts a few days, so there aren't going to be as many deals as the summer sale. The winter sale though is not too long after that, and should be comparable to the summer sale.

Miguel81

Ugh, The Evil Within demo has left me entirely nauseated. Half-Life 2-level of nausea for example, just so some of you can relate. No really sure I can handle 10+ hours of this. Aside from that, I'm actually a fan of the visual style (very ugly and gritty).

Did Nuuvem start cracking down on US buyers? Tried to pre-order Evolve and buy the Alien: Isolation season pass, both times I was told that it wasn't available in my region.

It's the first time I've seen that message.

Happened with just about everything I tried to add to my cart aside from the Shadow of Mordor Season Pass.

JaseC

lolgru48.jpg

Slow down, internet, you're going too fast!

Did Nuuvem start cracking down on US buyers? Tried to pre-order Evolve and buy the Alien: Isolation season pass, both times I was told that it wasn't available in my region.

It's the first time I've seen that message.

Happened with just about everything I tried to add to my cart aside from the Shadow of Mordor Season Pass.

You can get around that with a VPN. If you intend to pay via PayPal, just remember to disable the VPN beforehand as a sudden log-in from a South American IP may trigger an "unusual activity" restriction.

JaseC

I know. The only reason I was hesitant to use one was because Nuuvem will usually tell you if a game is legitimately region locked or not.

Nuuvem's region-lock notices are more or less useless now as following the Saints Row 4 fiasco the warning was slapped on the product page of every new release from a publisher that had even the slightest history of region-locking.

Does SteamDB tell you what regions things are locked to?

Yes. I can tell you the Alien: Isolation Season Pass is not region-locked and there are no region-specific subs for Evolve.

Hanzou

Whoa, did they jack up the regular price of Deadly Premonition? Was $25 when it was on sale last weekend week now it's $30!

Scary Halloween for all of you guys and gals out here!

Meanwhile, I'm trying to make Civ 5 work on my rig. Nothing spells more fun than watching the opening and then it will crash to the desktop. Pretty neat actually.

American Thanksgiving, which is in late November. It tends to have pretty good deals (they are competing with every other retailer's Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals), but it only lasts a few days, so there aren't going to be as many deals as the summer sale. The winter sale though is not too long after that, and should be comparable to the summer sale.

Haha, yup, I know. :) I'm probably going to spend more on physical games during that time period though. My wallet is going to be emptied this month.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to make Civ 5 work on my rig. Nothing spells more fun than watching the opening and then it will crash to the desktop. Pretty neat actually.

I just hope the fireworks don't hit my home.

Shadownet

Banned

The only thing that is scary is that I ran out of bacon for breakfast tomorrow. I'm terrified :(

And that its 1am and I'm already in bed.

Ditto, it's been a while since I last played a CoD game.

I haven't really enjoy CoD since Black Ops 2. But I haven't enjoy the campaign since MW2.

Also if anyone need an Evolve ALPHA code. PM me. I just received another one.

DukeBobby

I was watching some old Quick Looks on Giantbomb, and I came across Velvet Sundown. I thought it looked pretty funny, so I downloaded it.

One person is playing it. ONE.

Man, that died fast.

Morning guys, 14 pages already? damn, too tired to read :(

Anything important happened apart from the Evolve price mistake? is it still going btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom