• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

agniswarm

Banned
Naturally, the asking prices have jumped up since the error was corrected. This guy is selling a copy for 9 keys while this guy is selling a several copies for 10 keys a piece.

was it a promotion or really a price mistake. The price for the retail copy is going around 16$ in my country so I dont think the game should be priced 60$

Card Boy

Banned
lolgru48.jpg

Slow down, internet, you're going too fast!

Couldn't you of bought it in 10 years when it goes 50% off? Lets face it your not gonna play it and even if you are the PS4 version would have more Aussie players.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
was it a promotion or really a price mistake. The price for the retail copy is going around 16$ in my country so I dont think the game should be priced 60$

It was a mistake. The game was priced at 59,000 RP instead of 590,000 -- somebody missed a 0.

Couldn't you of bought it in 10 years when it goes 50% off? Lets face it your not gonna play it and even if you are the PS4 version would have more Aussie players.

I could have, but in doing so I would have missed out on the pre-order incentive DLC. ;)

Kanokare

If anyone wants some Evolve Alpha codes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Evolve Alpha #3 -- MB-EC0645E65ED36606 - Taken by Berlok
Evolve Alpha #2 -- MB-D2D3C46F738AF7EB - Taken by FauX
Evolve Alpha -- MB-78573127CB588BE4 - Taken by doctorcdcs

Shadownet

Banned
You know, the conspiracy crazy in me thinks that every now and then. Gaben would says "hey, we should give them a price mistake, I feel like we been catching too much heats over the past few months. Let make a 'price mistake' so they can be happy and forget about it."

"Hey Tom! Change the Indonesian price of Evolve from 590,000 to 59,000. We'll switch it back to normal in 4 hours or so."

Price mistakes are just Valve way of keeping us happy every once in a while. Mistakes, yeah right.

okay I'm done with the crazy theory.

You know, the conspiracy crazy in me thinks that every now and then. Gaben would says "hey, we should give them a price mistake, I feel like we been catching too much heats over the past few months. Let make a 'price mistake' so they can be happy and forget about it."

"Hey Tom! Change the Indonesian price of Evolve from 590,000 to 59,000. We'll switch it back to normal in 4 hours or so."

Price mistakes are just Valve way of keeping us happy every once in a while. Mistakes, yeah right.

okay I'm done with the crazy theory.

I've thought that as well. The Bioshock Infinite Season Pass went on a glitch last year for $5 - twice - during the same winter sale. Either that's a hell of a coincidence or someone wanted to sneak it past like that.

Tellaerin

and like it's ok if you like fo3 better but don't say "i put obs on a pedestal" like my opinion was more biased than yours. i never said the writing in new vegas is perfect and should win a million awards or a pulitzer or anything. i don't even think that of fo2 and it's my favorite game ever that i've beaten like 20 times or something

that's uncool!

Well, first off, that's not just aimed at you specifically. Whenever Obsidian comes up around on NeoGAF, the reaction is inevitably, "Obsidian is amazeballs! Best writers in the business! Everything they touch is golden! Such incredibly deep characters, dialogue, and plots! WOWOWOWOWOW!" As far as I'm concerned, Obsidian is capable of doing some cool stuff, writing-wise, but they also have a propensity for doing some things I don't like*, and none of their stuff has ever really impressed me like it has other people. They have some pretty decent writers working for them, but they've never really succeeded in making me feel much for their characters. For all the shit Bioware gets from people about their characters, I think I cared more about the characters in ME, DA:O, or hell, Jade Empire than I did almost anyone in NV. Some of them were interesting, sure, but about the only ones I think I actually gave a damn about were Veronica and Arcade. And for me, an emotional connection to the characters in an RPG counts for a lot more than whether or not they're interesting in an academic or literary sense. It's part of the reason it bugs me when they're held up as some kind of high-water mark for writing in games.

So while I'm exaggerating for effect about the Pulitzer thing, the whole "Obsidian's so amazing" mindset constitutes "putting them on a pedestal" from my POV, since my view of them, writing-wise, is "pretty decent overall, but hugely overrated".

*Chris Avellone shouldn't be allowed with 100 yards of anything related to Star Wars for the rest of his life, IMO - if I'm buying a Star Wars game, I don't want to play a deliberate deconstruction of the setting written by someone who avowedly hates the Force, regardless of its merits as a stand-alone story - but that's a discussion for another day.

As far as I'm concerned, Obsidian is capable of doing some cool stuff, writing-wise, but they also have a propensity for doing some things I don't like*, and none of their stuff has ever really impressed me like it has other people. They have some pretty decent writers working for them, but they've never really succeeded in making me feel much for their characters. For all the shit Bioware gets from people about their characters, I think I cared more about the characters in ME, DA:O, or hell, Jade Empire than I did almost anyone in NV. Some of them were interesting, sure, but about the only ones I think I actually gave a damn about were Veronica and Arcade. And for me, an emotional connection to the characters in an RPG counts for a lot more than whether or not they're interesting in an academic or literary sense.

Play Alpha Protocol and be prepared to do an opinion U-turn on the comparative quality of Obsidian and Bioware

JaseC

I've thought that as well. The Bioshock Infinite Season Pass went on a glitch last year for $5 - twice - during the same winter sale. Either that's a hell of a coincidence or someone wanted to sneak it past like that.

That was just because store discounts stack by default and while the price was fixed the first time, the actual discount configuration wasn't, so it happened again. Both its general sale and featured deal discounts were set to 50%; put them together and you get 75% off.

_hekk05

Banned
Evolve alpha for all the poor souls who missed $5 evolve like me

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (_hekk05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evolve Alpha #3 -- MB-149A68B295D6A521
Evolve Alpha #2 -- MB-5EDB1A348F5F5165
Evolve Alpha -- MB-1A48BB99D73D0BB5

t1414822273z1.png

Omega

Banned
You're better off watching someone play Alpha Protocol. gameplay had potential to be great but was poorly executed.

Evolve alpha codes for the lurkers . You're welcome

W3VME-2JN20-HKCJY
W3VNG-26NXE-6742G
W3VQB-Z6GPT-PBCIN
W3VQT-ADX3E-2HCJC

kudoboi

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Evolve Alpha 8 -- MB-8C922F115115F2B5
Evolve Alpha 5 -- MB-BCA9B13268EB6FDE
Evolve Alpha 4 -- MB-F31C554182D77361 - Taken by Htown
Evolve Alpha 7 -- MB-D48C6BB99B8C0F1E
Evolve Alpha 6 -- MB-BBC02995C49BFBB6
Evolve Alpha 1 -- MB-6257BBCDF6001E80
Evolve Alpha 3 -- MB-00FA4F68A820CB53
Evolve Alpha 2 -- MB-AFFDFB832A342667 - Taken by Boss Doggie
TONS OF KEYS

Ventara

So what's the deal with Evolve? I've surmised that it had a super low price mistake, but why is it in my library when I didn't buy it? Is it available to everyone right now for a short time?

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shalashaska, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shattered Haven -- MB-4F495EDD59349841

t1414822753z1.png

JaseC

So what's the deal with Evolve? I've surmised that it had a super low price mistake, but why is it in my library when I didn't buy it? Is it available to everyone right now for a short time?

It was granted to owners of XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the remaining duration of the alpha period.

Edit: b10.

JaseC

So it will be taken off my library once it's out of beta? How about the keys that everyone is giving? They'll keep them, right? If so, any way to claim a key while temporarily owning a game?

Those who activated keys will also lose the game once the alpha has ended, and any unused ones will be useless. 2K isn't giving away the game for free.

Ventara

Those who activated keys will also lose the game once the alpha has ended. 2K isn't giving away the game for free.

Oh, so these keys are separate from the price mistake. Derp, my bad. I thought all those giveaway were bought from the price mistake earlier, lol.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
has anybody seen the Dark Souls 2 season pass anywhere for less than regular price?

JaseC

Oh, so these keys are separate from the price mistake. Derp, my bad. I thought all those giveaway were bought from the price mistake earlier, lol.

Well, some people gave away the full game, but, yeah, the keys people have been dumping like unwanted lollies are for the alpha.

JaseC

has anybody seen the Dark Souls 2 season pass anywhere for less than regular price?

I think you're out of luck. GMG and Scamco are still fighting; GameFly doesn't stock anything Dark Souls; and Nuuvem isn't selling the Season Pass for some reason.

They gave me 9 extra keys. What the hell do I do with all of these?

You could hold on to them and hope that 2K forgets to blacklist the keys/empty the sub, haha.

That was just because store discounts stack by default and while the price was fixed the first time, the actual discount configuration wasn't, so it happened again. Both its general sale and featured deal discounts were set to 50%; put them together and you get 75% off.

I see. I just hope it comes back again - missed it during the sale.

Do I need to buy a TF2 key or something before I can sell or trade TF2 items or something? I still can't sell my stuff.

I've never bought or used TF2 keys.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, first off, that's not just aimed at you specifically. Whenever Obsidian comes up around on NeoGAF, the reaction is inevitably, "Obsidian is amazeballs! Best writers in the business! Everything they touch is golden! Such incredibly deep characters, dialogue, and plots! WOWOWOWOWOW!" As far as I'm concerned, Obsidian is capable of doing some cool stuff, writing-wise, but they also have a propensity for doing some things I don't like*, and none of their stuff has ever really impressed me like it has other people. They have some pretty decent writers working for them, but they've never really succeeded in making me feel much for their characters. For all the shit Bioware gets from people about their characters, I think I cared more about the characters in ME, DA:O, or hell, Jade Empire than I did almost anyone in NV. Some of them were interesting, sure, but about the only ones I think I actually gave a damn about were Veronica and Arcade. And for me, an emotional connection to the characters in an RPG counts for a lot more than whether or not they're interesting in an academic or literary sense. It's part of the reason it bugs me when they're held up as some kind of high-water mark for writing in games.

So while I'm exaggerating for effect about the Pulitzer thing, the whole "Obsidian's so amazing" mindset constitutes "putting them on a pedestal" from my POV, since my view of them, writing-wise, is "pretty decent overall, but hugely overrated".

*Chris Avellone shouldn't be allowed with 100 yards of anything related to Star Wars for the rest of his life, IMO - if I'm buying a Star Wars game, I don't want to play a deliberate deconstruction of the setting written by someone who avowedly hates the Force, regardless of its merits as a stand-alone story - but that's a discussion for another day.
i dunno i don't think the obs crowd is as you make it be. most of the people love obsidian for the pedigree of the people that work there more than what they've actually released, what with obsidian being so very much an extension of black isle and all.

personally i see a lot of ambition in obs games which is what i like about them, new vegas gave me the fallout i've wanted for so long and alpha protocol did with choice and consequence what mass effect couldn't. kotor 2 also grabbed a universe i don't care much for and turned it around in a way i found interesting. i heard it's kind of the same with mask of the betrayer although i haven't played that yet, sadly. and eternity looks like it might dodge all the mistakes from wasteland 2 and be pretty crazy

for better or worse they're always pushing for their stories and characters to mean something beyond the obvious and for choice and consequence to be relevant and i find that to be worth a lot considering how other big developers like bethesda and bioware are actually slowly removing the roleplaying part out of their rpgs

also i gotta wonder which fo3 character you found able to emotionally connect. my memory's really bad about that game but i'm really having a hard time thinking of one. maybe dogmeat.

also yeah play alpha protocol. alpha protocol's great

Nabs

So... many... keys. Please, take one. I'm sure some of you have friends without XCOM EU.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Evolve Big Alpha #5 -- MB-9DEFDA7A9B5CC5B4
Evolve Big Alpha #4 -- MB-050C5C689236B7A3
Evolve Big Alpha #7 -- MB-107C7850530FFA7B
Evolve Big Alpha #6 -- MB-6784579413757311
Evolve Big Alpha #3 -- MB-4BD8126E53366EA1
Evolve Big Alpha #2 -- MB-122C4A8AFF5CF48F
Evolve Big Alpha -- MB-E411BBF25D5299AE - Taken by Dambrosi
Evolve Big Alpha #9 -- MB-5221D766C4682F11
Evolve Big Alpha #8 -- MB-0918396B868F8475

Sarcasm

Please take them..why do they keep sending me more and more

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Evolve PC Alpha #3 -- MB-03B77A0A3C19D0A2 - Taken by hohoXD123
Evolve PC Alpha #2 -- MB-7C3DE9E5B12DACCD
Evolve PC Alpha -- MB-C28550284F209DCD
Evolve PC Alpha #4 -- MB-27030B28A43124AB

Nabs

Anyone wanna play some SpeedRunners? I need a rest from XCOM EU, and Alien Isolation freezes with the latest nvidia drivers.

I'm down for some if you can get others to play. (/nabs)

I just had a really fun 4 player Lethal League session with SteveWinwood. It's clear that Lethal League is the best game in the world, and something you all need to get on. It brought me back to the old Smash Bros Melee days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom