• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK SteamGAF, that time is officially upon us once again. Yep, you didn't guess it... it's my birthday! So, in order to celebrate my being alive these past 40 fucking years and to thank this community I thought it would be fun to give away a game that probably won't drop in price too much in the near future. I don't have the time to post as much as I used to (and even then it wasn't all that much) but I still check the Steam thread everyday and I really appreciate you dudes. Now it's time for me to drink a few more of these Revolver Blood & Honey American Ales until I get sleepy enough to go to bed!

Happy birthday dood!

I've spent my disposable income for the next month by silly impulse purchases so I'm good for a while. Plus I got some Righteous Indignation out of my system with Ubi Support so it's a win-win in my eyes.

Same here, I'll be buying their stuff when it's 50% off.

Parsnip

Now they should totally go all in and add Steam achievements, cards and stuff there as well.

Just saying.
Make me buy your game right now Ubisoft, I'm open to your advances.

It would actually be rather hilarious if they did that now.

Hugstable

Banned
Hmm I might have to pick up Valkyria just to support bringing more games like this to PC. Loved the first game. Sucks that we will never get to play a localized VC3 at this point though :(

OK, gonna post this again myself. I might not be around the rest of the day to post it again.
birthday shenanigans
At least I have the auto repost enabled via modbot. Good luck guys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare -- MB-667680763E9632A2 - Taken by Cth. 90 entrants total.

t1415438057z1.png

Alavard

Well, I was going to buy Europa Universalis IV: Art of War expansion from the GMG VIP section ($14.99), but then I noticed it was going for only 5 TF2 Keys on dispenser.tf. Saved me a few more dollars.

rtcn63

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kirosia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kirosia, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- No waifus daily. If you posted a picture of an animu waifu in the last day, you can still enter, but I won't look at you the same.

Tropico 4 -- MB-11267A04D21A458F - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.

t1415389578z1.png

Collector's Bundle

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Grief.exe

I forsee a trio of unoptimized PC ports.

OK, gonna post this again myself. I might not be around the rest of the day to post it again.
birthday shenanigans
At least I have the auto repost enabled via modbot. Good luck guys!

Happy Bday.

I'll give it a shot. I've harped on COD in the past, but it looks like they have moved in a new direction. The movement aspects look interesting for multiplayer.

Hmm I might have to pick up Valkyria just to support bringing more games like this to PC. Loved the first game. Sucks that we will never get to play a localized VC3 at this point though :(

Do it! We are all super excited.

zkylon

zkylewd
i can't help but read "day zero early access" as "zero access"

Pretty much. I have my reasons as to why it ended up the way it did, but it's something better served for an essay (or a TVTropes liveblog - I've thought of writing one for the game).
i'd be interested in that i think

i think they probably forced themselves to raise the stakes way too much and lost a lot of focus

or something

i'm row now for ass unity

i don't think i was row before

wait am i supposed to be that big black man

I ninja-edited to clarify that the content being the same (Season Pass aside) is contingent upon pre-ordering. FC4's pre-order incentives are the Hurk missions, for example, which happen to also make up the Limited Edition bonus content that the Gold Edition includes by default:

201731_detail_v2.jpg
that image is the stupidest thing ever

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I Wonder why people jumped to conclusions in the first place.

I think it's because people are expecting this to happen eventually. That ultimately has to be the end goal of this whole uPlay thing: their own separate storefront where they keep the most money for each sale.

I agree that this specific time was too sudden for Ubisoft. It'll be a slow process.

Aaron D.

After LOVING VC1 (PS3) and HATING VC2 (PSP), I'm not missing VC3 in the least.

If I want a wacky Eastern Dating Sim, I'll stick with Hatoful Boyfriend.

Lomax

The whole Ubisoft thing is emblematic of almost all "AAA" development on PC now. It's clearly an afterthought that doesn't get serious consideration by the companies, is often handled by many different parts of the company that don't communicate well (or at all) with each other, and it's still ruled as heavily by dogma and misinformation as ever. I'm glad we're still getting PC ports and versions that are for the most part released alongside the console versions, but it still seems like we're always on the verge of that going away. At least with PC there's higher initial margins and a much better long tail of sales, that probably keeps the accountants at bay most of the time (and lets face it, they are the ones that decide if games get made or not).

Ruruja

Sorry for asking a question that's probably been answered already, but for what purpose are Ubisoft's upcoming games not available just for UK?

It doesn't really bother me as the games had no steam achievements (well AC4 didn't) and still used Uplay, so I don't see the reason to buy through steam, I'm just curious.

Hugstable

Banned
After LOVING VC1 (PS3) and HATING VC2 (PSP), I'm not missing VC3 in the least.

If I want a wacky Eastern Dating Sim, I'll stick with Hatoful Boyfriend.

I always heard that VC3 was more of a return to form compared to what VC2 was with all the high school stuff. Or maybe I got it the other way around... I forget haha. I still haven't even played 2 yet myself -___-.

The whole Ubisoft thing is emblematic of almost all "AAA" development on PC now. It's clearly an afterthought that doesn't get serious consideration by the companies, is often handled by many different parts of the company that don't communicate well (or at all) with each other, and it's still ruled as heavily by dogma and misinformation as ever. I'm glad we're still getting PC ports and versions that are for the most part released alongside the console versions, but it still seems like we're always on the verge of that going away. At least with PC there's higher initial margins and a much better long tail of sales, that probably keeps the accountants at bay most of the time (and lets face it, they are the ones that decide if games get made or not).

Eh I don't think so, compared to what it was a few years ago, PC is flourishing with tons of games and support, I mean even in 2008-2009 if someone told me all these games would be on PC, I probably still woulda laughed. I mean heck even Valkyria Chronic is now coming to PC!

Happy Bday.

I'll give it a shot. I've harped on COD in the past, but it looks like they have moved in a new direction. The movement aspects look interesting for multiplayer.

This is actually the first COD game I've ever played. A friend gifted it to me. I've only spent an hour with it but the campaign has been pure fun so far. Plus, it's got Kevin
fuckin'
Spacey in it and he's awesome. I'm sure I'll suck at the multi player stuff, but I heard there's some coop stuff I'd like to try my hand at.

Ban Puncher

Far Cry 4 Gold is $109.90 USD on Steam in Australia.

OH BUT IF YOU PRE-ORDER BEFORE NOVEMBER 18TH YOU GET A WHOPPING $10 USD OFF

lOxc731.gif

Kiru

Sorry for asking a question that's probably been answered already, but for what purpose are Ubisoft's upcoming games not available just for UK?

It doesn't really bother me as the games had no steam achievements (well AC4 didn't) and still used Uplay, so I don't see the reason to buy through steam, I'm just curious.

UK retailers otherwise won't stock their games I heard.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man DA:Origins writting and voice acting is so good. I love this game. And I love Alistair and Morrigan (
even if shes a evil bitch in the end
), just need Shale for my uber party :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I *still* believe that they just wanted to remove the game from the UK Store and, instead of updating the current entry on the registry and removing the UK flag, they just removed the entire entry, removing the game from all regions.

And then they fixed it today.

That's what I'd like to believe anyway.

Anteater

oh well, bought VC from gmg, hope they don't ban me for using a vpn or something.

I mean they told me to buy it in the email and in my VIP page, how else am i suppose to

downloading now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom