• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a new FOV fix for The Evil Within yet? I really want to beat the game but the FOV is nauseating after having played the whole game with 90.

Why the hell would I want to go back there?

post-44863-LOST-we-have-to-go-back-gif-Im-GBJQ.gif

is Turf asleep?

his arm has finally taken over

Grief.exe

I'd be very surprised if GZ was not included in TPP as well. Wouldn't make sense to turn away potential consumers based on something arbitrary.

Now giving extra content for those that do own GZ is a good move.

Is there a new FOV fix for The Evil Within yet? I really want to beat the game but the FOV is nauseating after having played the whole game with 90.

I booted it up the other night, the FOV and pperformance are terrible.

chronomac

I already had it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metro 2033 -- MB-31A2D5576BC4C667 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1415384658z1.png

Enjoy.

Dr Dogg

Well you could say it's been a good day all round (well for me selfishly). Valkyria Chronicles preload is ticking along nicely now, Ubi managed to take one of their feet out their mouths, some nice MGS V news and I just got a PM to say thanks for pointing out a bug with a game and it will be patched. Might go spend my pocket change on some lottery tickets.

Edit: Seeing as this thread in in community now I just took a quick skim through the first 2 pages and damn this really is the OT graveyard. There's activity still in the new arrivals but it's OT after OT barely staying alive on scraps for the majority.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Metro: 2033 -- MB-075A073525D9AC04
Humble Bundle link, for those that can't get an extra copy for someone. Just don't offload off-site somewhere.

JustLynx

It's small, but it's big on content! I've put in over 20 hours on it.

It's a mobile port and grindy as fuck. It's also one of the rare Steam games that has facebook integration to get in-game currency.

oh wow I didn't know that, I hate those types of games :p
but I remember I saw some gameplay of it and it looked interesting, I think I'll check it out

Tizoc

Valkyria Chronicles pre-load? Don't mind if I do.

On an unrelated note, it's a shame that Hard Corps: Uprising was never released on PC/Steam. Best game of 2011 I've played in 2014.

Having just bought it off EU PSN, I suspect its Steam announcement coming in a few weeks :V

AHA-Lambda

Given that it keeps appearing in the requirements lately, am I best getting an i7 over an i5?

Or is that just another case of "don't believe the requirements publishers push"

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crimsonheadGCN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Metro 2033 -- MB-0D7E53A6855B678B

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but A Bird Story is available now. 15% launch week discount, comes out to $4.24 for the standard version and $5.94 for the soundtrack version.

Grief.exe

Given that it keeps appearing in the requirements lately, am I best getting an i7 over an i5?

Or is that just another case of "don't believe the requirements publishers push"

Games and applications with Multithreaded support will become more common this generation. Going i7 would be recommended for hyperthreading.

Skyzard

Banned

AsfaeksBR

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but A Bird Story is available now. 15% launch week discount, comes out to $4.24 for the standard version and $5.94 for the soundtrack version.

I'll get it later today when I get home, but I want to know the length.
I need to know if I can finish in one sitting just like To The Moon

GaussTek

EDIT. Damn, beaten. Took too much time writing the post lol :/

A Bird Story is out.

If you didn't know, this one is from To the Moon creator, and serves as a "prequel" to To the Moon 2...

Narrative-driven with little-to-no dialogue

A Bird Story is a simple, surreal short about a boy and a bird with a broken wing. Despite being narrative-driven like most of my games, the story is told without dialogues.

Taking place in To the Moon‘s universe

While Dr. Watts and Dr. Rosalene aren’t in this game (chronologically, it takes place before their time), the boy in it eventually grows up to become their patient in “episode 2″ of the series.

It's cheap, $4.24 USD right now (normally $5). But, according to Steam's description, it's only 1 hour long and it doesn't have dialogue, so keep that in mind before getting it.

I enjoyed a lot To the Moon, so hopefully I'll be able to grab it over the weekend (if not, I'll just wait a bit more to get it cheaper, considering its length) :D

kudoboi

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Eldritch -- MB-64DDC3B03D1DAF3F - Taken by PunishedSnake

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of JustLynx, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Antisquad -- MB-8550551879B91FA9 - Taken by darkchewie. 5 entrants total.

t1415388679z1.png

I pre-ordered thinking I would still get their 10 game Batpack promo but it turned out to be a first come first serve type of deal and I guess they ran out before I placed my order. I also decided I don't need yet another Lego game for a while even if this one does get into DC's expanded universe.

ah, makes sense.

oh wow I didn't know that, I hate those types of games :p
but I remember I saw some gameplay of it and it looked interesting, I think I'll check it out

Yeah, go for it. The gameplay itself is good. The graphics are good. The music is good. But in order to get upgrades so you can do the harder levels? You're expected to replay levels you've already beaten. A lot.

Also, upon reading the dialogue you'll instantly know this was written by Russians who don't have a firm grasp on the English language. Lots of weird turns of phrase.

Jawmuncher

Will everyone tell me its a sad game and when I finally play it I'll feel nothing?

Dr Dogg

Ehhh tough one to say. While Hyperthreading support is still next to nonexistent on games a couple have cropped up recently where it's come in handy. Is it worth the £100 extra for gaming alone? Probably not as there wouldn't be that big of a shift compared to spending the extra on GPU grunt the vast majority of the time. Also if you were going the i7 route it definitely would be better to look at a 5820k than a 4970k. 6 physical core over 4 which are much more useful in real world terms and some games will use them unlike Hyperthreading. Granted a X99 mobo and DDR4 RAM would be more than a 4970k on a Z97 board with DDR3 RAM but the enthusiast platform has a lot more legs in it than the mainstream one.

BibiMaghoo

Today is a sad day, the screen on my Vaio has just died, as in it has a permanent vertical line of blue pixels. I need your help.

I've been looking at buying a replacement, but the replacement for my model is a worse screen, as when I bought it I had them upgrade from a 900p to 1080p. This means I cannot find the correct replacement.

Is there any means other than removing it and hoping to find a label, of finding out any info on my actual panel details through software means?

AHA-Lambda

Games and applications with Multithreaded support will become more common this generation. Going i7 would be recommended for hyperthreading.

K, I'll just get an i7 then; don't want to spend a small fortune on a new pc and then have the CPU get outdated real quick.

jediyoshi

Ah, here's where this place went. I put together a little CSS to prevent the endless recommendations on the main store page from displaying.
Code:
    #content_callout,
    page_content_ctn, dark
    {display: none  !important;}

#content_more > DIV:first-child,
    page_content_ctn, dark

HTML > BODY > DIV:nth-child(7),
    home_ctn

Throw it into Stylish for firefox or chrome.

Today is a sad day, the screen on my Vaio has just died, as in it has a permanent vertical line of blue pixels. I need your help.

I've been looking at buying a replacement, but the replacement for my model is a worse screen, as when I bought it I had them upgrade from a 900p to 1080p. This means I cannot find the correct replacement.

Is there any means other than removing it and hoping to find a label, of finding out any info on my actual panel details through software means?
You can use the device manager and see the device info I think

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Google search model number and see if you can find it that way. Did it for my laptop.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Good to see the Ubi games back. Just heard about the Valkyria preload, going to fire it up when I get home.

derExperte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom