• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
yay

It would be nice to know wth happened

Ubi thought about it for like a few hours, then was like "NAAAAH"

Hopefully this wasn't some sketchy way of trying to drum up sales up scaring people by thinking the game is gone, then bringing it back. I'm pretty sure some people would pick it up at that point just incase they really do leave.

jxMYTC1UeHyHD.png

>:I
GMG is all great price but awful service.

Dr Dogg

Oh while we all 'love' Ubi again, AssCreed IGN live stream of Unity

http://www.twitch.tv/assassinscreed

Holy shit using "rosbifs" from now on.

Hahaha yeah a racial epithet mocking a nations cuisine is pretty silly and oddly funny at the same time. Then again the English and French have had a tempestuous relationship of the centuries.

Damn yo, Dr. Dogg and Nabs called it. I'm glad I trusted them.

I know Ubisoft has done some pretty silly things as of late but you don't pull your 2 biggest franchises on PC and a new IP from the majority stakeholder in digital distribution before they have even released. That's just commercial suicide. Now do it a month or two after when the sales at full price have almost dried up? That's another story.

Ah so it's GAME we should be angry at, not Ubisoft.

In for a penny, in for a pound. I doubt Mr GAME was holding a gun to Yves' head.

Alavard

yay

It would be nice to know wth happened

My guess? Someone on Ubisoft's side screwed up. They probably went to pull the games from specific regions (not the UK, those had been pulled well before they titles vanished globally), and had them pulled from all regions by mistake.

I'd say it's equally possible for the issue to be on Steam's side, but let's be honest, when's the last time Steam pulled a game from the store by mistake?

Parsnip

Valkyria Chronicles preload is up.

Woot, pre-loading VC.

I'm thinking that I'll start with VC and by the time I'm done, I'll know if AC Unity port is decent at launch and maybe then buy that, or alternately maybe the DaS steamworks patch is out by then and I'll play that.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-E4631A610B5C8D66
Tower of Guns -- MB-C24C4A2B10DE95A5 - Taken by nja
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-33EF3FEC3E0D7E3E - Taken by Kiru

Alavard

Woot, pre-loading VC.

I'm thinking that I'll start with VC and by the time I'm done, I'll know if AC Unity port is decent at launch and maybe then buy that, or alternately maybe the DaS steamworks patch is out by then and I'll play that.

I feel like there is no way a game requiring a 680 GTX (AC Unity) at this time will be well optimized at all. I'm not expecting a great port.

Nzyme32

GMG is all great price but awful service.

Well it's not really awful, they fairly consistently either give out keys a day or so before release if a preload is available, or they give out the keys on the day. Still, I always go for GMG for that price, knowing I'll be annoyed in the run up to the launch

Well it's not really awful, they fairly consistently either give out keys a day or so before release if a preload is available, or they give out the keys on the day. Still, I always go for GMG for that price, knowing I'll be annoyed in the run up to the launch
I remember GMG's Bioshock: Infinite launch...

Plus my country is still blocked out, I'm still pissed.

man DA:Origins writting and voice acting is so good. I love this game. And I love Alistair and Morrigan (
even if shes a evil bitch in the end
), just need Shale for my uber party :(

I REALLY hope Inq is more Origins than 2. The only thing DA2 was good at was giving us the best OT GAF has ever seen.

I know my interwebs is awful at the best of times but this is a new low.

Edit: I've jumped up to 50KB/S now!

It's like you don't even know what posting speeds does in this thread.

;)

Nzyme32

I remember GMG's Bioshock: Infinite launch...

Plus my country is still blocked out, I'm still pissed.

Actually, I stand corrected. Looks like they are rolling them out right now as the pages have changed. You should get something in a few hours. I'm also still waiting

Nzyme32

I know my interwebs is awful at the best of times but this is a new low.

Edit: I've jumped up to 50KB/S now!

Ha, amusingly the last time this happened was with FFXIII and by a few weeks later when it had actually downloaded, I had already moved on to other games I didn't want to bother with it till it's issues get sorted. Hope Valkyria fares better, since Isaac is taking up all my time. I can only hope for avoiding drops lower than 100kb/s. Based Manchester server, don't you ever leave me.

I suppose I should be glad I can at least stream Blizzcon, but I have to choose between either that or the Steam downloads. God damn will I be glad to move to a more capable internet city

Benedict

Any vouchers that work with Valkyria Chronicles?

edit: Nevermind, bought it anyway.
You can use your GMG Credit together with the VIP-price so I got it down to £7.95

Dr Dogg

Oh dammmn. Happy new years Valkyria Chronicles?

Still 73 days :D

It's like you don't even know what posting speeds does in this thread.

;)

That's not the funniest this thought. I've just realised this is a preload and because I have some pretty heavy hitters like 60gb FFXIII and 40gb Advanced Warfare installed I've got no space to unpack it. I'm going to have to either finish up something that I can delete or pause the preload with a couple of gb's to do and wait until after release to get it to swap over.

Ha, amusingly the last time this happened was with FFXIII and by a few weeks later when it had actually downloaded, I had already moved on to other games I didn't want to bother with it till it's issues get sorted. Hope Valkyria fares better, since Isaac is taking up all my time. I can only hope for avoiding drops lower than 100kb/s. Based Manchester server, don't you ever leave me.

I suppose I should be glad I can at least stream Blizzcon, but I have to choose between either that or the Steam downloads. God damn will I be glad to move to a more capable internet city

BT Infinity is available on my exchange now! Just not my cabinet :(

Speaking to the counselor here they put in for a government grant but it's more of a case of months than weeks.

And the Ubi stuff still isn't available in the UK, guess we can blame GAME for that again then -_-

Natch. I guess they'll be up about a week to a month after release dates and nothing will be said and no one from the media will chase it up or investigate the situation. Rearrange For Not Purpose Fit and that would describe the gaming press at large.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I REALLY hope Inq is more Origins than 2. The only thing DA2 was good at was giving us the best OT GAF has ever seen.

all signs point to yes, from recent videos to twitter comments, to review embargo 1 week before the release date. Seems they are confident with the game, and very likely with good reason (again, from previews and reviewers / users embargoed comments)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Call of Juarez (the first one) was added to indiegala depth of fear

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
hi there my weird game

the more genres mixed, the better, please be good!

That looks kind of interesting. I'll keep an eye out for it when it comes out and goes on sale/gets bundled.

Desura got a new logo
bg_header_logo.png

Neat logo. Too bad I'll never actually use their client.

When does Dragon: The Movie come out?
When does Dragon: The Ride open up?
When does Dragon: The Musical leave Broadway?
When does Dragon: The Sexual Awakening begin?

Pfft, just skip right to developing Dragon: The Flamethrower.

Jawmuncher

I love how this will be a kinda origin thread when dragon age comes out. Even though I know this has always pretty much just been PC gaming general

Valkyria Chronicles pre-load? Don't mind if I do.

On an unrelated note, it's a shame that Hard Corps: Uprising was never released on PC/Steam. Best game of 2011 I've played in 2014.

Jawmuncher

Valkyria Chronicles pre-load? Don't mind if I do.

On an unrelated note, it's a shame that Hard Corps: Uprising was never released on PC/Steam. Best game of 2011 I've played in 2014.

I have it just hanging out on my 360 had grabbed it when it was 2.50. Played only the first level was a pretty game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom