• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
hey guys ... here's something interesting ... this is a part of the pre-order page for Far Cry 4

2014-11-07_15-18-43.jpg

and one for AssCreed:

2014-11-07_15-22-43.jpg

notice anything missing?

Oh dang, so it really isn't gonna be on Steam anymore and Ubi is pulling an EA.

So I just found out I missed out on the 10-game promo with LEGO Batman 3 pre-order. I was hoping I wouldn't have to get a refund as I can probably wait on that game since it'll essentially be just another Lego game. Valkyria Chronicles it is then, please let the port be good.

AHA-Lambda

OT I know but I assume a lot of intered for it here, just saw Interstellar.

I have no idea what was going on in that movie :S

Aitor

Logged on today after a few a couple of day and so this message.

A Steam Product code you activated has been removed from your account.

25 Oct
Warlock 2: The Exiled Re-Launch

Gamersgate revoking the "free" game

Enjoy :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-AE01B2C6C3E4E341 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1415374519z1.png

Cheddahz

Banned
I still need to grab the game nonetheless (literally never played my PS3 copy cause it didn't have trophies and now it has achievements, so...)

Lomax

Still find it funny gamersgate hunter down for warlock 2. But that other site didn't bother with DR3.

Yeah, the only thing I can figure is that since the Gamersgate game didn't go through the actual purchasing system, it just "added to account," they didn't feel bound by any payment agreements as they would have otherwise. I have a feeling that if it had cost even a penny then they wouldn't have been revoked. Still, the fact that it took so long to actually happen is more annoying than anything.

Of course the first Warlock was bundled within a year and free within two years, so I can't imagine it will be that long before the sequel is available cheap again. And the first one filled a hole that wasn't really being served at that moment, now with Endless Legend and Age of Wonders III there's some pretty top of the line alternatives that were much better received.

Speaking of GMG and credit, I've still never had any of my credit transfer from Playfire. Early on they said it wasn't possible to fix at that stage in the beta. I let it go for months while continuing to gather credit. I finally wrote back to support a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten a response yet, except for one mass response asking if my problem still existed while they were buried under the weight of golden joysticks support tickets. I'm feeling pretty good about it being fixed next week though, and then I'll be set with a pile of money for winter sales.

Hopefully they'll get you taken care of, now that the program is basically dead I'd hope they have much fewer tickets and faster responses time. My credit is finally starting to wind down and I'm sure it will be gone by the end of the year, it's a shame to see the program in its current pathetic state, but to have gotten so many great free games this year from it has been pretty amazing.

louiedog

Speaking of GMG and credit, I've still never had any of my credit transfer from Playfire. Early on they said it wasn't possible to fix at that stage in the beta. I let it go for months while continuing to gather credit. I finally wrote back to support a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten a response yet, except for one mass response asking if my problem still existed while they were buried under the weight of golden joysticks support tickets. I'm feeling pretty good about it being fixed next week though, and then I'll be set with a pile of money for winter sales.

I can bring it down to $8.50.

Still debating if I want to or not....Won't have time to play it as Dragon Age comes out in about 10 days and going through FF13 now.

You know you want to get it anyway.

Even if you don't get to play it until next year I doubt that it'll get such a discount anytime soon.

BorntoPlay

OK SteamGAF, that time is officially upon us once again. Yep, you didn't guess it... it's my birthday! So, in order to celebrate my being alive these past 40 fucking years and to thank this community I thought it would be fun to give away a game that probably won't drop in price too much in the near future. I don't have the time to post as much as I used to (and even then it wasn't all that much) but I still check the Steam thread everyday and I really appreciate you dudes. Now it's time for me to drink a few more of these Revolver Blood & Honey American Ales until I get sleepy enough to go to bed!

Happy Birthday MakeshiftChef =D

is that singularity with a steam key? i loved it on the 360 and wouldn't mind having it on PC since i got rid of my 360 long ago.

also, why does it show with an AO raiting on that site lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah I had $7.21 in credit from god knows what games. I was planning on getting it early next week but good thing I waited for VIP discount :D

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I may regret stirring the pot by saying this, but I am considering getting a next-gen controller for PC gaming. Is there a general consensus on which is better? I don't have (or plan to get currently) either the PS4 or XB1 so I have no real bias towards either. I'm currently using a DS3 which is fine with the little clip on triggers, but I imagine either the DS4 or XB1 contoller would be a lot better. What are Steam-GAF's experiences with either? Worth getting either over sticking with my DS3 or getting a cheap wired 360 controller?

kudoboi

I may regret stirring the pot by saying this, but I am considering getting a next-gen controller for PC gaming. Is there a general consensus on which is better? I don't have (or plan to get currently) either the PS4 or XB1 so I have no real bias towards either. I'm currently using a DS3 which is fine with the little clip on triggers, but I imagine either the DS4 or XB1 contoller would be a lot better. What are Steam-GAF's experiences with either? Worth getting either over sticking with my DS3 or getting a cheap wired 360 controller?

I like my XB1 controller over the XB360 controller so far

Tecl0n

If you are comfortable with your current one, and it works there is no need to change. Otherwise, DS4.

Vuze

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vuze, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FallOut New Vegas Ultimate Edition -- MB-4FA09E4F5887413F - Taken by Volimar. 20 entrants total.

t1415386278z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom