• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Will everyone tell me its a sad game and when I finally play it I'll feel nothing?

Now I feel a serious urge to put together an RPG Maker game where you play as a dinosaur heroically trying to prevent a giant meteor from striking the earth and killing your species, only to fail nobly but tragically, vowing with his dying breath that the dinosaurs will one day rise again. I want to do this just so that you can say there's a game out there that you find emotionally moving.

Nzyme32

Gotta say, watching this Blizzcon thing, kind of impressed with Geoff Keighley. He's seems on the ball, or well rehearsed and genuinely enthused

AHA-Lambda

Question is, if HT will cut it in the future. Next year we should see consumer CPUs from Intel with more 'real' cores. Difficult to predict.

Oh damn it >_<

Can anyone give any thoughts on this build just so I'm sure? I'm planning to buy the parts for it next week so I want to make sure everything is all good. I posted in the PC thread as well but I'd like Steamgaf's help too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/2EF6FENGOHH3Z

PS: there are 2 monitors on there, not sure if G-Sync is worth the extra cost.

Jawmuncher

you mean just like To the Moon?

Yep. I appreciated what it was going for but I felt the RPG Maker just did not help it with it's message.

Now I feel a serious urge to put together an RPG Maker game where you play as a dinosaur heroically trying to prevent a giant meteor from striking the earth and killing your species, only to fail nobly but tragically, vowing with his dying breath that the dinosaurs will one day rise again. I want to do this just so that you can say there's a game out there that you find emotionally moving.

This write up already brings a tear to my eye.

Grief.exe

What am I missing for game releases This month?

Isaac
Valkyria Chronicles
Pokemons
Geometry Wars 3
WoW expansion

AAA
I feel like the only person in this thread who doesn't buy these games!

CoD
AC
Far Cry 4
Dragon Age

BibiMaghoo

You can use the device manager and see the device info I think

Sadly not, it's just generic monitor stuff.

Google search model number and see if you can find it that way. Did it for my laptop.

I did, but can only find the standard replacement for my model, which is 1600 x 900, where as I had it upgraded by Sony to a 1920 x 1080 panel. I've emailed them but I won't hear anything back until monday at the very earliest, and it will surely cost me far more to send it in, than to replace the panel myself.

AsfaeksBR

A friend of mine played a review copy the other day. His profile says 1.3 hours played.

Good enough for me.
It will be a good game to play until Valkyria Chronicles release, and VC will probably last until the 18th, where GTA V will take the spot on my gaming time.

JustLynx

Yeah, go for it. The gameplay itself is good. The graphics are good. The music is good. But in order to get upgrades so you can do the harder levels? You're expected to replay levels you've already beaten. A lot.

Also, upon reading the dialogue you'll instantly know this was written by Russians who don't have a firm grasp on the English language. Lots of weird turns of phrase.

lol, now i gotta try it out
oh god, 172 achievements...

Sadly not, it's just generic monitor stuff.
You need to check the vendor and device id like this and then google it

zP1EV.png

derExperte

Oh damn it >_<

Can anyone give any thoughts on this build just so I'm sure? I'm planning to buy the parts for it next week so I want to make sure everything is all good. I posted in the PC thread as well but I'd like Steamgaf's help too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/2EF6FENGOHH3Z

PS: there are 2 monitors on there, not sure if G-Sync is worth the extra cost.

Looks good to me
if I ignore the ugly case
. I'm assuming you read the Build a PC thread? Could post your build there.

So what the hell was that all about then.

What it looked like from the beginning, a simple mistake.

AHA-Lambda

Looks good to me
if I ignore the ugly case
. I'm assuming you read the Build a PC thread? Could post your build there.

Yeah, I did, just wanted more opinions :)

And tbh as long as the case fits everything I don't care, I'm spending enough money and nice cases are expensive =/
A mid tower case like that should fit everything yeah?

derExperte

And tbh as long as the case fits everything I don't care, I'm spending enough money and nice cases are expensive =/

But it's not standard ugly. It's 'oh shit, let's give it up for adoption' ugly. Imo of course. ;)

Also imo EVGA isn't the best choice for the graphics card, MSI, Asus and Gigabyte are better, more silent, better oc-potential etc.

Tellaerin

man DA:Origins writting and voice acting is so good. I love this game. And I love Alistair and Morrigan (
even if shes a evil bitch in the end
), just need Shale for my uber party :(

"In the end"? Dude, I think they spent the entire game telegraphing that. Not that it made me love her her any less, mind. >.>
Claudia Black really nailed that role.

Parsnip

Still, even with the Ubi games back on Steam, fucking expensive. Unity is 60€ on Steam, 45€ at Finnish retail, 41€ at nuuvem. Nuuvem is tempting, but I'd really really want my games to be in my Steam library all proper like.

Bah.

So what the hell was that all about then.
Doggie posted a good pic of some monkeys with computers earlier, that's probably accurate.

Milamber

Don't know. Most cases fit every GFX card. It's best to read reviews of the case that will tell you of the length of GFX cards in it. I prefer Fractal Design cases as they are unobtrusive in design and they almost always have a drive cage that can be removed to fit all GFX card types.

Rand6

Please someone, take this lol

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rand6:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rand6, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Metro 2033 -- MB-8C815D05BCEA6FD2 - Taken by Whelan

Kiru

But it's not standard ugly. It's 'oh shit, let's give it up for adoption' ugly. Imo of course. ;)

Also imo EVGA isn't the best choice for the graphics card, MSI, Asus and Gigabyte are better, more silent, better oc-potential etc.

I think they fixed that with some update later on, so that their cards are also semi passive.

Zafir

"In the end"? Dude, I think they spent the entire game telegraphing that. Not that it made me love her her any less, mind. >.>
Claudia Black really nailed that role.

I don't think she was evil though. I think she was more chaotic neutral to use the old D&D alignment system. We don't really even know what she had planned with the baby. Which is kind of what pissed me off about the fact it was totally ditched, and isn't even canon.

Lomax

What am I missing for game releases This month?

Isaac
Valkyria Chronicles
Pokemons
Geometry Wars 3
WoW expansion

AAA
I feel like the only person in this thread who doesn't buy these games!

CoD
AC
Far Cry 4
Dragon Age

Isaac is all that matters.

Dr Dogg

EVGA are fine you rotters. Well most of the time unless they do something silly like this.
That was their ACX 1.0 coolers on their 970's. Basically only two of the 3 copper heat pipes have direct contact with the die hence the lower thermal performance and higher fan noise. As always with any piece of PC tech research, research ,research and never take just one person or sites recommendation as gospel.

Dr Dogg

Overrated with a rabid, bordering on insane fanbase. They're the Sony of card vendors.

Well at least when I send them a GPU for RMA they don't lose it like ASUS did with me. That was a painful 7 months that has made me very weary of buying anything ASUS ever again so I don't have to endure that nightmare.

Edit: Hahaha I caught this before you edit. Now the Sony peeps will be after blood!

I've never had a EVGA hardware.
I always go with either gigabyte or asus with my hardware.

You can ask 10 people what their preferred vendor is and you could get back 10 recommendations along with 10 horror stories of who to avoid. You just got to go with what you know and with your own experiences. Gigabyte for exampe here may have some awful hardware issues (still not fixed their loopy fully populated dimm slots issue on their motherboards) but have an awesome RMA service where will send you a postage paid label and have a quick turn around. Then again I did send the same mobo back to them 3 times in 6 months :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom