• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

Ohhhh :3

There you aaaarrree!

HERE-S-JOHNNY-jack-nicholson-19394194-363-549.jpg

derExperte

Ok then =/

Any recommendations for a nice good case, hopefully less than £100?

Fractal Design was already mentioned, they have some nice cases for reasonable prices. Can't go wrong with them at the moment. And it's not only about looks, buying the cheapest case often means you'll regret it sooner or later, built quality and internal design go south fast the cheaper these things are.

Edit: Hahaha I caught this before you edit. Now the Sony peeps will be after blood!

I couldn't decide. Bayonetta 2 fans were in the running too.

What does that have to do with EVGA?

I honestly believe they have employed a team of shills wandering the internets to comment on any video, review or discussion of a competitor's card to make sure EVGA was mentioned.

xBladeM6x

EVGA are fine you rotters. Well most of the time unless they do something silly like this.

That was their ACX 1.0 coolers on their 970's. Basically only two of the 3 copper heat pipes have direct contact with the die hence the lower thermal performance and higher fan noise. As always with any piece of PC tech research, research ,research and never take just one person or sites recommendation as gospel.

I love EVGA.

And Asus, but mostly EVGA.

Also, 434 MB update for San Andreas just appeared on Steam. Downloading right now.

All shall bow to our EVGA overlords.
They're just my preference, even though I got a reference cooler 980 through them.

AHA-Lambda

You really can't do anything bad with a Fractal Design case as your first case. I built 3 PC's for my families all with Fractal Design cases.

Anything by Fractal Design. I love my Define R4. Not buying anything other than Fractal Design ever now :D

Fractal Design was already mentioned, they have some nice cases for reasonable prices. Can't go wrong with them at the moment. And it's not only about looks, buying the cheapest case often means you'll regret it sooner or later, built quality and internal design go south fast the cheaper these things are.

Lol, Fractal it is then thanks :D

The Define R4 spacious enough to fit everything yeah? This one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008NFWNFO/

Kalor

I just finished A Bird Story and it was a nice short game,taking me just over a hour. It didn't overstay its welcome. Compared to To The Moon it isn't a "sad" game, there's a lot more whimsy in its presentation and story. But if anyone is thinking about it and liked To The Moon I highly recommend it and it's quite cheap as well.

Dr Dogg

Ok then =/

Any recommendations for a nice good case, hopefully less than £100?

4thed. My Fractal R3 and then R4 are two of the best cases I've had.

I couldn't decide. Bayonetta 2 fans were in the running too.

Ha! Fuck knows that that says about me then :p

Lol, Fractal it is then thanks :D

The Define R4 spacious enough to fit everything yeah?

It's slightly wider than a standard ATX case so even tall heatsinks like the Noctua NH D14 aren't a problem. Only issue is roof clearance isn't enough from the top of the motherboard to fit most watercooling radiators. Something to bear in mind. Though 8 hard drive cages and mounts round the back of the motherboard tray for an additional 2 SSD drives makes it the perfect small form factor server box.

To the people saying new Binding of Isaac is easier... are you playing couch/controller or desk/keyboard or some variable thereof?

I haven't had time to play much of it, yet. I've had a pretty hectic week (not the least of which has been people's avatars and others' reactions to them stressing me out like crazy) and really haven't had a good, solid block of time to devote to the game. In my opinion, I play better in a swing of things with that game.

But I've played solely on the couch, at a normal couch distance, with a controller. Previously, I played keyboard at a desk at normal monitor distance. I think this might be throwing me in some way, because I haven't been very good at all.

Parsnip

By the way, Lords of the Fallen is on GMG now with CIGames as both developer and publisher. Not Bamco.

So anyone who thought that it wasn't there because of Bamco's spat with GMG... seems that's not the case after all.

Any active vouchers at the moment?

Parsnip

Great, that's exactly the sort of thing I need to see! :D

yeah I've never built a pc before =/

That jif is actually a little old, the case is the same but most the stuff in it are different. Still, everything fits great even with a larger gpu and stuff.

Milamber

Great, that's exactly the sort of thing I need to see! :D

yeah I've never built a pc before =/

The first thing you will absolutely feel lost, regardless if you have the manual or not, is the motherboard case pin connectors for the power/reset/lights. Just take a deep breath and use the force.

Wait... and here I am having to slide my HDD parallel to the case.
Why aren't all cases like this?

The good cases are like this.

Copons

30 minutes of Real World Racing gave me a HUGE headache, damn its tearing and its low res imagery and its awful controls.

Miguel81

Do you guys prefer the older GTAs with the Trails effect? They were removed from the PC versions, or at least Vice City, but modders added it back in. It's great if you have nostalgia from the PS2 versions like I do.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, here's where this place went. I put together a little CSS to prevent the endless recommendations on the main store page from displaying.
Code:
    #content_callout,
    page_content_ctn, dark
    {display: none  !important;}

#content_more > DIV:first-child,
    page_content_ctn, dark

HTML > BODY > DIV:nth-child(7),
    home_ctn

Throw it into Stylish for firefox or chrome.

Hey thanks!

Dr Dogg

It's when you go check the radio stations and find they've been cut that nothing might become something. Not saying that is the case mind.

madjoki

are we really getting stability updates for San Andreas 10 years after the fact? because i can't believe that it's just a nothing update.

Removal of certain music tracks, that license expired, so they can continue to sell?
Seems like they didn't even let previous owners keep tracks, like with Vice City.

Do you guys prefer the older GTAs with the Trails effect? They were removed from the PC versions, or at least Vice City, but modders added it back in. It's great if you have nostalgia from the PS2 versions like I do.
Honestly can't remember trails from when I played the console versions. GTA III on PC has other issues to think about, honestly.

L.O.R.D

is there a way to know who is the last one i played in a game ?
my brother just start co op in portal 2 for the first time and played with random person
and want to add him , but the game crashed

Texan365

Just giving away a key my friends didn't want and a game I will almost certainly never play haha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Texan365:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Texan365, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain -- MB-E520F6A6EA8436B3 - Taken by macfoshizzle. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
DUPLICITY ~BEYOND THE LIES~ (desura) -- MB-F9300A890D62CA57

t1415390779z1.png

Remember when I said I won't be giving away games this year anymore? I lied.

I bought it for myself aswell and I won't even install the game. I never had interest in it. I don't even like anime aesthetic!

But hell, if that brings SEGA to port more of their console games over (I'm looking at you, Vanquish and Bayonetta) then it should be worth it. Whoever wins the game better enjoys it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Krusenstern, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-A8585F0AA8272ED3 - Taken by Deques. 91 entrants total.

t1415476339z1.png

Sajjaja

is there a way to know who is the last one i played in a game ?
my brother just start co op in portal 2 for the first time and played with random person
and want to add him , but the game crashed

Yeah if you launch the game and bring up the in game overlay, you can click view players on the left, and on the top of the new window it should say recent players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom