• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Remember when I said I won't be giving games this year anymore? I lied.

I bought it for myself aswell and I won't even install the game. I never had interest in it. I don't even like anime aesthetic!

But hell, if that brings SEGA to port more of their console games over (I'm looking ar you, Vanquish and Bayonetta) then it should be worth it. Whoever wins the game better enjoys it.

commandoilied.gif

Great Giveaway!
Hopefully someone who doesn't have the funds but really wants VC wins.

Eusis

Removal of certain music tracks, that license expired, so they can continue to sell?
Seems like they didn't even let previous owners keep tracks, like with Vice City.
Wonder if this is why it REALLY vanished from 360 classics?

... Wonder if it'll happen on PSN too? Guess it's a good thing I grabbed, assuming your only options on PS2 classics are to leave-as-is or pull anyway. Admittedly I'd prefer Sony loosened up there for the sake of games that never showed up period digitally, but at times a hardline stance CAN be useful.

Lomax

To the people saying new Binding of Isaac is easier... are you playing couch/controller or desk/keyboard or some variable thereof?

I haven't had time to play much of it, yet. I've had a pretty hectic week (not the least of which has been people's avatars and others' reactions to them stressing me out like crazy) and really haven't had a good, solid block of time to devote to the game. In my opinion, I play better in a swing of things with that game.

But I've played solely on the couch, at a normal couch distance, with a controller. Previously, I played keyboard at a desk at normal monitor distance. I think this might be throwing me in some way, because I haven't been very good at all.

I didn't find it easier at first, playing it desk/controller. It's just slightly enough different that it took getting used to, and damage as a whole seems to start off lower. But once you get powered up some of the bosses like Mom seem to drop super fast. Apparently though, "hard" is more comparable to the original. I'm still unlocking stuff and finding enough enjoyment/challenge on normal that I'm playing that way. I had no real design to recreate the 80 deaths it took me to beat Mom for the first time in the original.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
How is this a pricing error?

well - the "Special Edition" IS a DLC ... problem is - this particular bundle sub gives you the base game + the Special Edition DLC + the classic version of the game ... for $4.24

Edit: or is it? ok ... now I'm confused .... they definitely fucked something up then

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
bought that gold rush, the store page for the 25€ one says I own it... but like derexpert said, its a 58meg DL >_>

edit: also if I add the 25€ version to the cart I cant buy it for myself says I own it

edit: MoW: Assault Squad 2 85% off? wasnt it 75% earlier?

r3n4ud

Yep. Steam should've prevented the purchase. Oh well, I guess I took one for the team. DON'T BUY!

you bought
About This Content
The digital special edition includes over 90 unpublished original concept drawings of the developer from the 80s, as png, pdf booklet containing the concept drawings, a "Making of" pdf, and the original Gold Rush! Classic.
:/

Parsnip

Well, god damn it. Couldn't resist AC Unity on GMG's VIP thingy.

While I have absolutely no interest in the co-op, maybe I'll try it and see you there. Though I guess that would mean I would need to populate my uplay friendlist. Either way I should probably download the client eh. Tried logging to the website, couldn't get in. Of to a great start.

I don't think I have actually used my uplay since AC3 huh, which I did on 360. For AssFlag and AssLib I used my brothers account.
It's a new world.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yep. Steam should've prevented the purchase. Oh well, I guess I took one for the team. DON'T BUY!

and now we cant buy the actual game lol

edit: not sure if MoW: Assault Squad 2 is showing 75% off on the main store page, but if you click it its actually 85% off

xBladeM6x

Since Valkyria Chronicles is pre-loaded, is it possible to VPN unlock it? Not that I want to, but I encourage someone else to, then stream it. :p

Rhaknar

Since Valkyria Chronicles is pre-loaded, is it possible to VPN unlock it? Not that I want to, but I encourage someone else to, then stream it. :p

VPN to the future? theres no region where its out / unlocked

ArjanN

is there a way to know who is the last one i played in a game ?
my brother just start co op in portal 2 for the first time and played with random person
and want to add him , but the game crashed

Click on your name tab in steam -> friends -> recently played with

Jawmuncher

Now I know how VPN works. For some reason my brain isn't working. Lololol

VPN just lets you look like you're logged in from another region.
If the game was out today in germany for example then someone could VPN unlock it.
But since it's not out anywhere until the 11th no one can do anything until it the 11th in some part of the world.

derExperte

well - at least there's that ... and you DO own the Classic version too ... which I guess is more expensive than this thing we bought xD so - yay :p

Time to idle, lol. And I was wondering if I got the old version through this or if I won it through a raffle. Even more cards, this could turn out be a financially good move after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom