• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This is why I should never browse the mobile version of the steam thread while playing a game. I don't feel like going back to XCOM after buying that.

Oh well, that mission was probably going to end poorly anyway :p

I feel like I'm even worse at TFTD than UFO Defense.

for card purposes I own the game tho >_>

Well, it's a small consolation. Hopefully the card prices are good :D

sprinkles

Great, that's exactly the sort of thing I need to see! :D

yeah I've never built a pc before =/
I built my PC in a Fractal R4 and it was so easy compared with the last time I had built one (+10 years ago). So much space, so easy to route the cables, so quiet even under load. Tip: get a PSU with cable management.

derExperte

Well, it's a small consolation. Hopefully the card prices are good :D

Looks like this right now:

capture60swe.png

Let's make a pact, let's not undercut ourselves, yes?

Also those cards are butt-ugly. As are the screenshots of the game.

iosefe

I love how Team Fortress is trending on twitter in the US.

Blizzard announced Overwatch, which people claim to have gameplay influences from Team Fortress

also, that cinematic trailer has me convinced that Blizzard needs to leverage their animation team as a movie studio

rtcn63

The fractal's motherboard screw holes didn't match that of my er... motherboard, and I was afraid of snapping the latter during the pained installation. It's not a great case to install in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Blizzard announced Overwatch, which people claim to have gameplay influences from Team Fortress

"people claim to have influences from TF" lol what? are you being serious right now?

theres a engineer that places turrets and bangs on them with a wrench to make them faster

iosefe

"people claim to have influences from TF" lol what? are you being serious right now?

theres a engineer that places turrets and bangs on them with a wrench to make them faster

go to the announcment thread, there are people claiming Team Fortress

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
go to the announcment thread, there are people claiming Team Fortress

yes and those people are 100% correct. again, are you being serious dude? :D

its up there with them ripping off warhammer in the similarities. its what they do. Im not even bashing them, game looks awesome, but its a blatant copy. Again, that engineer...like really?

They must be really salty about Dota :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
they better fix it tho because right now, we cant buy the game if we wanted

Hopefully it's fixed. I still need to play the original Gold Rush that I got via some bundle, but I was figuring that it would be interesting to compare the two at some point.

Looks like this right now:

Let's make a pact, let's not undercut ourselves, yes?

Also those cards are butt-ugly. As are the screenshots of the game.

I can live with this pact.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I just wish Blizzard would develop a uniquely designed experience instead of always rehashing multiplayer ideas.

I'm an idealist.

iosefe

yes and those people are 100% correct. again, are you being serious dude? :D

its up there with them ripping off warhammer in the similarities. its what they do. Im not even bashing them, game looks awesome, but its a blatant copy. Again, that engineer...like really?

They must be really salty about Dota :p

probably.

i'll play it, cause it seems fun, and thats what matters

Rhaknar

oh this new waifu game isnt a VN, its some sort of cool looking plants vs zombies clone? neat. kinda want

probably.

i'll play it, cause it seems fun, and thats what matters

you seem confused monkeydude, Im not bashing the game or the fact that its a blatant rip off. like I said, its blizzard, thats what they do. you dont need to be defensive and say "it looks fun thats what matters", im agreeing with you :p

iosefe

oh this new waifu game isnt a VN, its some sort of cool looking plants vs zombies clone? neat. kinda want

you seem confused monkeydude, Im not bashing the game or the fact that its a blatant rip off. like I said, its blizzard, thats what they do. you dont need to be defensive and say "it looks fun thats what matters", im agreeing with you :p

yes, i know. i am agreeing with your agreement. though my initial thought was that you were bashing but that cleared itself up

more of a general, sure it may be a copy, but it's probably a really fun copy

BigBoss

For anyone who owns Tomb Raider Anniversary on Steam, where in the hell is the Tomb Raider Anniversary setup file? Its the file that lets you tweak the graphics settings before launching the game.

from the thread

finally, a game with turrets you upgrade by hitting with wrenches, healing beams that can also buff people's attack power, a sniper rifle you have to charge, bows and arrows, teleporters, stealth killing invisible men, and wacky cartoon characters who speak in stereotypical accents

lol

Dr Dogg

All the while somewhere in the halls of Blizzard's HQ sits a dusty and forgotten Starcraft Ghosts.

It also seems like there is a gaping hole in that closed-loop pipe.

It's alright, it's not like that heat pipe is doing much :p. The spin EVGA put out was funny.

Phawx

EVGA are fine you rotters. Well most of the time unless they do something silly like this.

That was their ACX 1.0 coolers on their 970's. Basically only two of the 3 copper heat pipes have direct contact with the die hence the lower thermal performance and higher fan noise. As always with any piece of PC tech research, research ,research and never take just one person or sites recommendation as gospel.

It also seems like there is a gaping hole in that closed-loop pipe.

redlacs

mmm vanilla..

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (redlacs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-8C4F65BC1DC159D0 - Taken by RyanPierre. 8 entrants total.

t1415403319z1.png

chronomac

Here's another Indie Bundle, in case someone doesn't already have it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

OlliOlli -- MB-05D2BD7A95F0E64B - Taken by Lomax
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-3D2C08511EE00299 - Taken by Miff
Tower of Guns -- MB-B19F36AEE09A0AEE - Taken by RyanPierre
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-0EB1D3FBEAE6B74C - Taken by Mr. Doop

Turfster

i can't help but read "day zero early access" as "zero access"
Don't dead open inside

Turf abandoned us.
Thanks Community Tab. :/

I live, I was just doing more PT stuff =p

Fractal Design was already mentioned, they have some nice cases for reasonable prices. Can't go wrong with them at the moment. And it's not only about looks, buying the cheapest case often means you'll regret it sooner or later, built quality and internal design go south fast the cheaper these things are.
20thed or something a Fractal Design recommendation.
Their R* series are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom