• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarg

I'm actually a little disappointed it's not just another "best characters from all other Blizzard games" setup.

Really? I don't think Blizz's various IPs really mesh well together at all. It sort of works for one game if they don't take it too seriously, but leaning on that too much would be a mistake.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Really? I don't think Blizz's various IPs really mesh well together at all. It sort of works for one game if they don't take it too seriously, but leaning on that too much would be a mistake.

None of these character designs really mesh well together either.

Tizoc

Is GAF not love?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles #2 -- MB-49B17D9DFA2226E5 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 113 entrants total.
Valkyria Chronicles #1 -- MB-AFDF544DCE574453 - Taken by hohoXD123. 109 entrants total.

t1415479999z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also since I now bought Advanced Warfare, I guess that means I WILL win that raffle thats going on right? thats how it works? >_>

Parsnip

The character design of Overwatch reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it. I've never seen LOL character designs so it can't be that. Looks terrible though.

Also the name just reminds me of XCOM and Overstrike (before it became Fuse).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MakeshiftChef, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Duty -- MB-AE4FF46DABF49B51 - Taken by Xanathus. 13 entrants total.

t1415437157z1.png

Lomax

None of these character designs really mesh well together either.

They went for a generic straight from LoL design. Not an upgrade.

I don't deny that creating a new universe is a better basis for a game, but it's not like an online competitive shooter needs a good backstory any more than DOTA does, and Blizzard's previous character design is one of their stronger points. Since they already went that way with their DOTA clone no doubt they would have gotten a lot of flack for doing it again. But while the cinematic video was good (as always), nothing about that universe or characters seems particularly noteworthy anyway, and they are venturing into a market that's arguably even more saturated than MMOs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh EA europe, you fucking pricks

Release date:
Dragon Age ™: Inquisition will be released on 21 Nov 2014

its 2014, everything is fucking digital now, stop with the 3 days after US releases you backwards cunts

rtcn63

The character design of Overwatch reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it. I've never seen LOL character designs so it can't be that. Looks terrible though.

Also the name just reminds me of XCOM and Overstrike (before it became Fuse).

It reminded me of a lot of things. Mass Effect, Warhammer, Darksiders, Metal Gear Rising, to name a few.

darksiders-2-uriel-433x243.jpg

AHA-Lambda

A Bird Story is pretty good actually I thought, only an hours long but it has the mini feels of To The Moon nevertheless :)

Also, end of the game reveals what To The Moon's sequel will be

Finding Paradise

Turfster

The Humble Store anniversary also has deals on other games, like South park 33% off, or the Sonic Collection 75% off. Too many to list, anyway =p

Bundlestars LEGO Super Heroes Bundle 15$/€ for Batman, Batman 2, Marvel + Asgard & Super packs

GMG has Endless Space Gold 75% off, extra 20% off with NOVEMB-ERGMGX-20XOFF

Dr Dogg

oh EA europe, you fucking pricks

Release date:
Dragon Age ™: Inquisition will be released on 21 Nov 2014

its 2014, everything is fucking digital now, stop with the 3 days after US releases you backwards cunts

Retailer power. Who'd have thunk when in most region they are close to non existant and/or irrelevant that there would still be these silly issues most of the time. I mean Valkyria Chronicles is releasing world wide on the same date and time for everyone but AC Unity has about 7 different dates and times for different regions.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So I looked through the concept drawings and pdfs. They're kind of okay, I guess.

Though it comes with a map that has the copyright information right in the middle of it, ruining it, and telling me that "the map can be ordered at [software farm's website]."

Turns out that you apparently can't buy the map on its own, but can buy it through their Collector's Edition and Economy Pack of the original version of Gold Rush!

gr_ecopack.jpg

Truly the greatest economy pack of our time. And yes, it apparently does come with the game on floppy disks.

tmarg

Retailer power. Who'd have thunk when in most region they are close to non existant and/or irrelevant that there would still be these silly issues most of the time. I mean Valkyria Chronicles is releasing world wide on the same date and time for everyone but AC Unity has about 7 different dates and times for different regions.

They probably don't want the game launching earlier on PC than for consoles, and console retailers aren't irrelevant yet.

Rhaknar

you guys saw me say that Advanced Warfare is 25% off on GMG and it works with vouchers right? I know its a meme to shit on COD but thats pretty fucking unprecedented, and on a good COD of all things

Fuck. No gmg coupon works with lords of the fallen :(

vouchers dont work on VIP games, which is why its weird that they took AW out of the VIP section, and then put the 25% discount on it again lol

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MakeshiftChef, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).

t1cxE6r.gif
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare -- MB-667680763E9632A2 - Taken by Cth. 90 entrants total.

t1415438057z1.png

Turfster

you guys saw me say that Advanced Warfare is 25% off on GMG and it works with vouchers right? I know its a meme to shit on COD but thats pretty fucking unprecedented, and on a good COD of all things
Well the last COD I tried didn't work here, so I don't want to spend a lot of money on it... but I also don't want to lower everyone's chances by signing up to MakeshiftChef's giveaway =p

Is Makeshift raffling two COD games?

No, he did an extra repost himself before he left for partytime.

Parsnip

Must have made a mistake with the first game, given the generic "Call of Duty". But where's Stump to delete the first one ?

Stump hasn't found us in the community yet.

Also, is there a Uplay community thread?
I'm guessing that if there is, it's about as dead as the Origin thread.

MQX

SteamGAF.

Batman Arkham Origins and Rogue Legacy are now €3,49 on the Humble Bundle Store.

My question
s
to SteamGAF: Is Batman AO on the Humble Bundle Store the GOTY version? Or the standard/normal version?

And should I buy Rogue Legacy? Or should I wait until it's included in a bundle?

Thank you very much if someone answers my question
s
:)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGAF.

Batman Arkham Origins and Rogue Legacy are now €3,49 on the Humble Bundle Store

My question
s
to SteamGAF: Is Batman AO on Humble Bundle Store the GOTY version? Or the standard/normal version?

And should I buy Rogue Legacy? Or should I wait until it's included in a bundle?

Thank you very much if someone answers my question
s
:)

Origins doesn't have a GOTY version, so it's just the standard version.

tmarg

SteamGAF.

Batman Arkham Origins and Rogue Legacy are now €3,49 on the Humble Bundle Store

My question
s
to SteamGAF: Is Batman AO on Humble Bundle Store the GOTY version? Or the standard/normal version?

I don't think there is a goatee version of AO.

Jawmuncher

I wish there was a way to suspend PC games like on Xbox One or portables.
I know I could just leave them on I guess. Would be cool if there was some sort Steam Soft Save that would always remember where you left off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom