• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand6

Guys.

Real Talk time.

GMG Cash: $21.78.

Do I get:
Batman 3 for FREE. Probably can get it later for cheaper on sale with another game.
Dragon Age for $26 (currently pre-ordered at $70)
FFXV for FREE.
Unity for $26. Although my GFX Card is not up to snuff.

Dragon Age.

Guys.

Real Talk time.

Do I get:
Batman 3 for FREE. Probably can get it later for cheaper on sale with another game.
FFXV for FREE.

so you mean the new dragon age? honestly I'd just go with that one. AC, always, and i mean ALWAYS
(literally without fail)
drops half of its price by black friday. and batman? I don't really enjoy the open worldness of City so I automatically lose interest in the third since it continues that trend. and FFXV is the mmo one, right? if so, nah fuck that.

Grief.exe

Guys.

Real Talk time.

Do I get:
FFXV for FREE.

Valkyria Chronicles

so you mean the new dragon age? honestly I'd just go with that one. AC, always, and i mean ALWAYS
(literally without fail)
drops half of its price by black friday. and batman? I don't really enjoy the open worldness of City so I automatically lose interest in the third since it continues that trend. and FFXV is the mmo one, right? if so, nah fuck that.

I mean Lego Batman 3 and whatever Lightning FF is.

Is Makeshift raffling two COD games?

Modbot pulled the wrong image on the first raffle. I didn't post that raffle but it had the auto repost rule. I remade the raffle and managed to put in the correct wording for modbot to grab the right image. I am only giving away a copy COD Advanced Warfare. Sorry for any confusion guys. Back to the festivities for me, have a good night all! :)

Annubis

I just realized I had an extra. Perfect time to give it away since the Prequel is out.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To the Moon -- MB-F60F3BEEFAAD0CC9 - Taken by vvise. 2 entrants total.

t1415411839z1.png

what's new with the san andreas patch? launched it and there's no 1080p option.

game's camera feels kind of jerky at 60fps

Apparently the patch updates the game to bring it in line with the recently released Xbox360 version, which includes the removal of several songs they no longer have the license for. It also breaks saves.
via RockstarNexus:
Don't say we didn't warn you. Rockstar finally went live with the patch for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas that was leaked a few months ago. We've downloaded the patch and here's what we've noticed about this "patch" so far:

Removes several songs for ALL OWNERS (Seems to be same songs that were cut from the mobile version. Removal of the songs just for new purchases would be understandable, retroactively removing them from previous purchases isn't.)
Removes several resolution options, including 1920x1080 (This was broken in the original version, then fixed in a patch - now unfixed with this latest patch)
Adds support for XInput controllers (Xbox 360 controller)
Makes "Steering with Mouse" enabled by default
Loading a game save from the original version just starts a new game
Occasional crashes during car explosions if another monitor is attached
Hopefully most of you had a backup of your digital copy you can restore to or at least an original physical copy. There's still no word from Rockstar on any of this nonsense either.
:(

Miguel81

Are there still any active Newegg game voucher codes? I prefer to purchase Uplay keys at the lowest prices humanly possible.

Edit: Any plans to update Vice City? 80s need some lovin' too.

I just realized I had an extra. Perfect time to give it away since the Prequel is out.

Good on you for the giveaway. The game is one helluvan emotional ride.

hohoXD123

Have at it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hohoXD123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Bird Story -- MB-132178EECA84A7A6 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 20 entrants total.

t1415412619z1.png

KainXVIII

Moar Desura games!

ModBot said:
Instructions for KainXVIII:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 5 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
BEEKYR SHMUP FOR EXPERTS (desura) -- MB-345D6A7C1C0C0665 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
VOYAGE JOURNEY TO THE MOON -- MB-FBD6EC9E13BF3D1B - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
RED GOBLIN CURSED FOREST (desura) -- MB-017F393DCA62581A - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
PHANTASMABURBIA (desura) -- MB-D1D09E8C4E04952E - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
DOMESTIC DOG (desura) -- MB-24BDA8F8CF31A8BB - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
MUTANT COLOSSUS FROM OUTER SPACE (desura) -- MB-CB484D81DD762A95 - Taken by Darth Kupi

t1415403380z1.png

iight hoes, i'm back. no one dared to accept my challenge to smash so i just read a few chapters of tokyo ghoul. Gonna play counter strike now, haven't played that since like september. I'm so gonna get my ass handed to me so I'll most likely only play like 1 match and then try something else (think I'm in the mood for RE4, itll be my first time)

rtcn63

The game was popular at release, then hated for the longest time(Black sheep status), and now it's "The Dark Souls" of the Zelda universe. Fuck me if shit doesn't go in circles.

It's still probably a better game than Devil May Cry 2. Fuck the helicopter, stopped there.

Miguel81

It's still probably a better game than Devil May Cry 2. Fuck the helicopter, stopped there.

That game is notable for having Rihanna before she was properly introduced to the world.
It's not really Rihanna

Mods, please put the Steam thread back on Gaming side. Thanks!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Nzyme32

Wow, really loving Binding of Isaac: Rebirth so far (well, everything except for the new music.. I keep hoping I'll unlock the original soundtrack at some point).

Still, I've got to say that there seems to be a lot more potential for some seriously overpowered item combinations. I just had a run that was way more powerful than anything I'd done in my 100+ hours of the original.

Basically, combine Tammy's Head with Brimstone, and you can do this one time per room:

V6Dy5J8.jpg

I cleared almost every room in the game by just walking in and hitting Space, including every single boss I faced.

The new music has been hit or miss with me since I really loved the ambient stuff and pretty much everything else from the old soundtrack. The only tune I really like in the new one is the brief little dissonant victory tune when you complete the "sword" challenge room things. It sounds so dissonant and somewhat eerie, reminding me of the very old mortal kombat snes tunes. Love that stuff.

But yeah the game itself is pretty amazing, infuriating on a bad run and downright glorious on a good one. So a Vinesauce stream that you can probably look up if bored enough, that happened yesterday - relentlessly overpowered but a joy and incredibly amusing to watch.

Still trying to complete the womb myself

Hugstable

Banned
iight hoes, i'm back. no one dared to accept my challenge to smash so i just read a few chapters of tokyo ghoul. Gonna play counter strike now, haven't played that since like september. I'm so gonna get my ass handed to me so I'll most likely only play like 1 match and then try something else (think I'm in the mood for RE4, itll be my first time)

BOOO YOU SUCK! jk :p As I said, I'm still waiting for Smash U, I got tired to playing that game on my analog nub, that shit feels like it's gonna break now -__-. I still don't think I've touched CS:GO since like September either, I always have phases with that game, and when I get into it I play it alot, but then I usually have long periods where I get tired of it since I don't really play that good for Comp stuff and usually do Casual Shootin's

Shadownet

Banned
good, give me my money back or I'm going to have to go knock down lashman's door.

Edit: they're handling this better than I expected.

Vlad

The new music has been hit or miss with me since I really loved the ambient stuff and pretty much everything else from the old soundtrack. The only tune I really like in the new one is the brief little dissonant victory tune when you complete the "sword" challenge room things. It sounds so dissonant and somewhat eerie, reminding me of the very old mortal kombat snes tunes. Love that stuff.

It's not like I find that the music's bad, but it's just kind of there. Sure, it's spooky, and attempts that weird cutesy/ominous vibe that the original ost had, but there's really no catchy melodies so far. I'm really trying to evaluate it on its own, and not constantly compare it to the original, but it's just not working for me.

But yeah the game itself is pretty amazing, infuriating on a bad run and downright glorious on a good one. So a Vinesauce stream that you can probably look up if bored enough, that happened yesterday - relentlessly overpowered but a joy and incredibly amusing to watch.

Still trying to complete the womb myself

Yeah, that's just about in line with the original. If anything, I'm finding that I'm ending up with less "bad" runs. Sure, there's some stinkers among the new items (E. Coli springs to mind), but it seems like there's less all-out crappy items this time around. Even some of the old terrible items (Cat-o-nine tails, Lemon Party) have been tweaked so that they're not the waste of space they used to be.

hohoXD123

Repost~~~~~

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hohoXD123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

A Bird Story -- MB-132178EECA84A7A6 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 20 entrants total.

t1415412619z1.png

tav7623

Was digging through my humble bundle purchases and realized I had a few games from the Rock, Paper, Shotgun bundle that I hadn't redeemed. So I figure since I'll never play any of these games why not give them to some who will.

P.S. The users who claim Teleglitch and AI War please contact me after you've claimed these games so that I can also send you the link(s) for the DLC that came with these games.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tav7623, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-698F131EF12E6858
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-DABA952E43AE66E7 - Taken by Vlad
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-9311B8F747DDB4DA - Taken by someguyinahat
qzNSxgo.jpg
AudioSurf -- MB-7817D3D570DA7341

BOOO YOU SUCK! jk :p As I said, I'm still waiting for Smash U, I got tired to playing that game on my analog nub, that shit feels like it's gonna break now -__-. I still don't think I've touched CS:GO since like September either, I always have phases with that game, and when I get into it I play it alot, but then I usually have long periods where I get tired of it since I don't really play that good for Comp stuff and usually do Casual Shootin's

first match i get in, i spawn and take a few steps, BOOM HEAD SHOT. immideatly left. fuck that shit. second lobby i went i got 2 kills and survived 1 round(died the rest). game is just dull as fuck when you're garbage at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom