• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jawmuncher:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Borealis -- MB-D94E204C406B28A8 - Taken by Shadownet

Wouldn't that rely more on game devs than Valve?

I don't really know just I liked the idea.

Sendou

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Risk of Rain -- MB-28658B9F507E3181 - Taken by Lurra
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-80129B033B614E6F
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-8B6E63C2F0DCD106 - Taken by derExperte

*facepalm* Thought I saw on Steam a GOTY version. But the GOTY version was Arkham City :/.

Why did Steam put Arkham City GOTY and Arkham Asylum GOTY on the Arkham Origins webpage? :X

Probably just to tempt you to buy them as well
("interested in Batman? here's more!" sales tactic)
, kind of like the attractive gum and breath mints displays right at the supermarket cash register that you don't need, but kinda want.

Dr Dogg

They probably don't want the game launching earlier on PC than for consoles, and console retailers aren't irrelevant yet.

Ah good point, shows how far consoles have slipped from my mind. Saying that I usually get console releases about 2-4 days before release anywho from most etailers.

I wish there was a way to suspend PC games like on Xbox One or portables.
I know I could just leave them on I guess. Would be cool if there was some sort Steam Soft Save that would always remember where you left off.

Well you have system wide hybernate. Of course if you want it on a per application basis using a VM that allows RAM snapshots could do it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

mystery game -- MB-9A24B5B6EDF8C522 - Taken by pupo. 11 entrants total.
this is NOT Metro or a HB game, i swear

t1415396844z1.png
what can it be!? OOOOOOOoooOOOOooOOO seriously though its not metro or a humble bundle game.

Anybody have any thought as to why my desktop would be crashing only after closing Counter-Strike: GO? Every other game works but CSGO cause my screen to turn a solid color and and freeze.

Dr Dogg

Anybody have any thought as to why my desktop would be crashing only after closing Counter-Strike: GO? Every other game works but CSGO cause my screen to turn a solid color and and freeze.

Go look in Event Viewer and check if you have any crash logs and what application and faulting module is the root cause first. If your suffering from Blue Screens the easy way to check what is causing it would be to download Blue Screen View. The more complex way but thorough is to get Windows Dedug Tools from the SDK and you'll be more than enlightened as to what shit goes on and wrong with your PC. That should be the first step and then you might need to do a little research afters. Good luck!

_hekk05

Banned
Woah steam got moved to community.

GMG just gave me my valkyria chronicles pre-purchase code. 13 bucks for that game was so worth it. Enjoyed it on the psp and I'm gonna enjoy it on pc.

Now to wait for gurumin ...

Chariot

Woah steam got moved to community.

GMG just gave me my valkyria chronicles pre-purchase code. 13 bucks for that game was so worth it. Enjoyed it on the psp and I'm gonna enjoy it on pc.

Now to wait for gurumin ...
Where's your avatar from? She looks super cute

edit:
Goddamnit, pupo!

Go look in Event Viewer and check if you have any crash logs and what application and faulting module is the root cause first. If your suffering from Blue Screens the easy way to check what is causing it would be to download Blue Screen View. The more complex way but thorough is to get Windows Dedug Tools from the SDK and you'll be more than enlightened as to what shit goes on and wrong with your PC. That should be the first step and then you might need to do a little research afters. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, I got no clue what I'm looking at though. It wasn't a blue screen and it didn't cause an error in the log as far as I can tell. Hmmm.

Dr Dogg

Bad Rats.

Thanks for the advice, I got no clue what I'm looking at though. It wasn't a blue screen and it didn't cause an error in the log as far as I can tell. Hmmm.

From what you said graphics card drivers would be my first go to. Usally if things go belly up there will be a crash report in Event Viewer for the specific application that hung even if a dialog box didn't pop up and you can see what casued it. If it points at the GPU driver then try swaping them back to something previous or newer. Then again I can appreciate I do this kind of stuff on auto pilot from years upon years of fault find stuff.

hohoXD123

So...A Bird Story. To The Moon was a pretty short game but this one is considerably shorter, it's more of an intro to the next game. It's pretty touching but don't expect the characters (well, the main character and his bird) to be anywhere near as fleshed out as TTM, there's no text of any kind for one thing but the main character's thoughts are expressed clearly. Soundtrack is as good as always and some of the scenes look great. Overall a neat little game, pretty cheap as well so I'd say it was worth it.

Just saw I still had Akane in my Groupees bundle.
Here you go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Akane The Kunoichi -- MB-F8D69B5DE55723B1 - Taken by gaiadyne

Vlad

Wow, really loving Binding of Isaac: Rebirth so far (well, everything except for the new music.. I keep hoping I'll unlock the original soundtrack at some point).

Still, I've got to say that there seems to be a lot more potential for some seriously overpowered item combinations. I just had a run that was way more powerful than anything I'd done in my 100+ hours of the original.

Basically, combine Tammy's Head with Brimstone, and you can do this one time per room:

V6Dy5J8.jpg

I cleared almost every room in the game by just walking in and hitting Space, including every single boss I faced.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nightstorm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Zero Gear -- MB-7A4C57B3773C8D86 - Taken by Scipius

hohoXD123

Developer of The Bird Story and To The Moon seems to be great guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSAz2-IQNOo

"You can not please everybody. If you try, (...) what you end up is... something average, with no vision. So i am not gonna do that."

Can't wait to play To the Moon sequel. And Bird Story.

"Folks connected well with To The Moon, and sometimes they send me vials of their delicious tears. *drinks* Salty."

This guy is great, everyone needs to get Bird Story just to support the developers if anything.

I love that on the A Bird Story gamepage the only review says, "“I guess the music's nice-ish, but it sounds kinda ripped off from To the Moon...”

Guys.

Real Talk time.

GMG Cash: $21.78.

Do I get:
Batman 3 for FREE. Probably can get it later for cheaper on sale with another game.
Dragon Age for $26 (currently pre-ordered at $70)
FFXV for FREE.
Unity for $26. Although my GFX Card is not up to snuff.

Uzzy

Right, time to play a bit more Divinity: OS, I think. Lets see if it can get into my top five for the year.

Guys.

Real Talk time.

Do I get:
Batman 3 for FREE. Probably can get it later for cheaper on sale with another game.
FFXV for FREE.

When you have the chance to be Batman, be Batman.

Chariot

Guys.

Real Talk time.

Do I get:
FFXV for FREE.
My vote goes for Dragon Age since we actually saw some gameplay. Batman and XV would a bit too early to bet on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom