• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
removes 1080p.
ib2GfHrl6GxqFG.gif

SAN ANDREAS UPDATE IS OUT, DO NOT UPDATE

It gimps the game and even removes 1080p.
That's messed up.

Somehow, Rockstar continues to find new ways to make their PC ports worse. (The resolution thing, mainly. Licensing, awful as it is, I can understand.)
After FFXIII's download, nothing surprises me anymore.

FFXIII is quite something. I don't think it will be dethroned for a looong time.

SAN ANDREAS UPDATE IS OUT, DO NOT UPDATE

It gimps the game and even removes 1080p.

I didn't see any option to disable auto-updates for GTA SA; the only options were to increase priority or update when launching the game. Am I missing something?

Mine patched already, I'm doomed. :( Save yourselves!

baterism

Guys, I want to ask what does "This item is only purchasable in..." in steamDB means?

Does that means only people from that certain country can buy the game from Steam Store? If the teritory code is "USA" doesn't that means it is ROW?

SteamDB page of SEA VC: https://steamdb.info/sub/54010/

Jawmuncher

Hmmmm... Adam Sessler as a VO? That sounds like one of my nightmares has become reality. :

At least they didn't retro lock you.

What? Why would you stick to that flaming hot piece of garbage?

I've actually never played more than the demo.

What did you like about 2? i found it...mediocre (granted i never did finish it).

I hope you enjoy it, I consider VC superior to VC2 is basically every regard, or nearly.

Everyone tells me VC2 isn't as good as the first. Which might be true but I loved it. Felt like a personaesque game with the school setting and the battles while small were fun x

One of us :), I play alot so if ya need someone for a game invite me

t25.png

I'll have to play with you and shadownet

madjoki

Guys, I want to ask what does "This item is only purchasable in..." in steamDB means?

Does that means only people from that certain country can buy the game from Steam Store? If the teritory code is "USA" doesn't that means it is ROW?

SteamDB page of SEA VC: https://steamdb.info/sub/54010/

territorycode seems to be unused, at least in regards to any limitations.
'Purchase' refers to activation of CD Keys in this case.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's messed up.

Somehow, Rockstar continues to find new ways to make their PC ports worse. (The resolution thing, mainly. Licensing, awful as it is, I can understand.)

Even Rockstar's handling of the situation is worse than last time. With Vice City, it made new subs for the game so those who'd bought it earlier still had the original music, but this time around the removals apply to everybody.

JaseC

You can't turn off automatic updates anymore? What a load of shit.

Yeah, Valve stepped away from allowing people to skip detected updates (provided they were queued) and renamed "Do not automatically update this time" to "Only update this game when I launch it" to more accurately reflect its behaviour.

nampad

ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nampad, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Metro 2033 -- MB-8E9DB0BC01D1BFDA

Free game.

Varg

Banned
Finally sell my alien Tf2 items and have 15 bucks in the wallet. Go to purchase a game. NOPE. "An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support."

Thanks Steam!!!

Second-hand keys are an option. 29 keys x $1.90 each = $55.10.
Forgot that was an option, thanks! Hopefully the game turns out well, really love the idea of getting back to the ideas of the first game. Hopefully they also brought back the blood stains that were removed from Black Flag for who knows why.

Card Boy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Gez:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 5 Desura keys and 1 Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xheRJRF.gif
DAMNATION - CITY OF DEATH (ALPHA) (Desura) -- MB-E825A3C952436DB1
SURVIVALIST (Desura) -- MB-1247914ECF959523
REALM WALK OF SOUL (Desura) -- MB-DE7FBE842BD854BC
RADICAL ROACH (Steam) -- MB-865F581ECE8C5566 - Taken by drizzle
ulgzbKC.png
RADICAL ROACH (Desura Key) -- MB-CA52F2C93D950A55 - Taken by Jason Frost
SANCTUARYRPG (Desura) -- MB-D5F3AB1B656807A4

Yeah, Valve stepped away from allowing people to skip detected updates (provided they were queued) and renamed "Do not automatically update this time" to "Only update this game when I launch it" to more accurately reflect its behaviour.

How does one keep the good version of SA? Mine decided to update itself even though I changed it to only update when I launch when I backed up my files. That being said, as you pointed out, I wouldn't have been safe as, when I would have tried to run the game, it would have updated itself.

Miguel81

I must've purchased Vice City before the songs were removed because Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" was the first one that played. Also, thanks savvy modder dudes for the Trails (dat Vice City sunrise/sunset O.O)

JaseC

How does one keep the good version of SA? Mine decided to update itself even though I changed it to only update when I launch when I backed up my files. That being said, as you pointed out, I wouldn't have been safe as, when I would have tried to run the game, it would have updated itself.

To keep it you would have needed to set the game to only update upon launch, back up your existing installation folder, let the game update, delete the installation folder, and then copy/paste your backup to its original location. It probably goes without saying that any further patches or cache verifications would necessitate the process being repeated (delete the updated installation folder -> restore the backed-up one).

Ozium

what did I miss besides this blizzard tf2 like game but w/o the charm of tf2?

it's funny seeing all the blizzard fanboys in that thread and ppl like totalbiscuit deny any tf2 cloning

what did I miss besides this blizzard tf2 like game but w/o the charm of tf2?

it's funny seeing all the blizzard fanboys in that thread and ppl like totalbiscuit deny any tf2 cloning

There's only one group worthy of imitating TF2 characters. I trust all of us know who they are.

It's unfortunate that Blizzard has wrapped around from innovator to follower... what a shame.

Ozium

Just a heads up fellow Dragon lovers...

DRAGON THE GAME which just launched today on Early Access, will receive an update in a week...

What this means is that DRAGON THE GAME will grow from a hatchling into a beast by the time of full release.

JaseC

Dunno, people from JP regions are complaining on Steam forum that they can't get the game.

Oh, yeah, didn't notice the lack of a yen price.

I want to tell them that they can get the key elsewhere, but I'm not really sure they can redeem it. That means, GMG keys should work for them right?

Yes. Steam gift copies, too, regardless of region.

Can someone tell me if it's fine to re-arrange the order of ModBot giveaway codes within the quoted text?

It's fine. ModBot searches the thread for a given MB code and edits it out using [s], so the order doesn't matter.

Coreda

Alright, pre-load key is in. Enjoy this little giveaway!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Coreda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-C7ED43BE47E4E375 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 91 entrants total.\
Dark Souls -- MB-CDA3463D70169083 - Taken by redlacs. 18 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising -- MB-91A4E38F442DF526 - Taken by Skyzard. 2 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-AB9D4861F56CD8E4

t1415504245z1.png

DRAGON THE GAME which just launched today on Early Access, will receive an update in a week...

What this means is that DRAGON THE GAME will grow from a hatchling into a beast by the time of full release.
YEAH! You understand.

Though their patch schedule seems very... optimistic.
Wait.
Blizzard is working on a TF2 clone?

It's Overstrike ...wait Sunset Overdrive ...nope Fuse ...uhh... Overwatch, a team-based 6v6 multiplayer shooter with BARRELS OF PERSONALITY!

It is in no way related to Fortnight, Battleborn, or the litany of other team-based multiplayer FPSes. Especially Battlefield Heroes.

JaseC

It's Overstrike ...wait Sunset Overdrive ...nope Fuse ...uhh... Overwatch, a team-based 6v6 multiplayer shooter with BARRELS OF PERSONALITY!

Haha, truth be told I entered the thread thinking it was an old Overstrike thread. I didn't realise I was wrong until I read the time of the OP.

It is in no way related to Fortnight, Battleborn, or the litany of other team-based multiplayer FPSes. Especially Battlefield Heroes.

Oh right..that game.
Eh.

I guess?

Annubis

So you could say that soon, it will be Dragon aged.

Did rockstar add securom with the update?

Other Requirements: Software installations required including DirectX and Sony DADC SecuROM

I saw that on the system specs section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom