• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Wish there was a way to PM a user on Steam without having to friend them first, especially seeing as some users aren't in any groups.
Yes thank you. Its so stupid. They need to give us that option.

But Steam messaging work more like Yahoo Chat and less like Facebook messaging. It doesn't save your chat log past a certain point.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The Ivalice pack(Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, and Final Fantasy XII International) needs to happen. Some of the Tales, Persona, and the Kingdom Hearts games as well. That will satisfy most, I'd wager.

Edit: Oh, and let's not forget some of the Dragon Quest titles(VIII please) and Ni No Kuni.

Throw in MegaTen games in general and the rest of the FF games that aren't yet available on Steam, maybe some Breath of Fire games, and that's pretty acceptable.

I'd hope PC gamers would be receptive to Nocturne. Rather enjoyed that title and it's creepy vibes. It got way too tough from what I remember, and I never ended up finishing it. That was circa 2006.

I'm sure that Nocturne would have at least a decent sized audience on PC. But like thesaucetastic said, I expect that Atlus would focus on Persona first.

I still don't get why this FBI agent hates me so much in Alan Wake.

There was a small book that came with my collector's edition that was pretty much about that exact relationship. I'm pretty sure that
something weird happened to him and his partner, much like the things going on in Bright Falls, and it eventually made him kind of crazy.

It's been a while since I've read it, but I believe that that was the gist of it. He
starts projecting his confusion and anger towards Alan, since he believes it's all due to his writing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game -- MB-0C621A71144E862A - Taken by electroflame

yuraya

Wish there was a way to PM a user on Steam without having to friend them first, especially seeing as some users aren't in any groups.

lol

Can you imagine the amount of spamming that would go on. All the evil trolls and thieves would have a field day.

Miguel81

Knowing Squeenix, you'd get a direct phone port - synth music, no voice acting, landscape mode only,
massive stuttering everywhere, locked to 720p

That would be disappointing as all hell. I mean a port of the US PS2 version with scalable resolutions/smooth framerates would satisfy most. Then I could retire my PS2 copy.

Edit: lol at Engadget. Timely and precise.

Vibranium

Banned
Huh, so it was a mistake by some guy at Ubi. Well ok then. I guess it was obvious with the uPlay team's recent Steam-focused updates. Now can they start selling Steam codes through GMG and the like?

Lol at Engadget.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think I'm going to finish Styx before Unity releases. :(

Huh, so it was a mistake by some guy at Ubi. Well ok then. I guess it was obvious with the uPlay team's recent Steam-focused updates. Now can they start selling Steam codes through GMG and the like?

Lol at Engadget.

If Settlers 7 Retail finally becomes a thing I'll be all over it.

Man I keep switching back from OG Isaac to Rebirth Isaac and vice versa.

I need to play some other games before Isaac takes over my life.

Dr Dogg

The New Media style of reporting in effect folks! One giant long human centipede reguritating news from one to the next all the way down the chain.

Saying that when I worked in a new desk enviornment being sat in front of a PC spitting out press releases one after the other on various wires it easy to see how this habbit forms.

That game is notable for having Rihanna before she was properly introduced to the world.
It's not really Rihanna

Mods, please put the Steam thread back on Gaming side. Thanks!

Ha! That's like saying DMC 4 had a cameo by Lady Gaga.

HOW IS VALKYRIA CHRONICLES 16 GIGABYTES!?

This is madness.

Pfft 16 gigglybytes is nothing in this day and age. There are a lot of prerendered cutscenes mind. Actually 16 seems a bit small for full on high quality versions. Considering the PS3 version was 1280x720 I wouldn't be surprised if it was just them but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Looks like I found the uplay thread. And it's not even one page long, that's kind of sad. Poor uplay.

Hey I post in there :(

I'm not near a PC at the mo but I'll hit you later.

I forgot to backup GTA SA :(. Least I still got my PS2 version and can always install my friend's SA disc.

Yeah, muggins here forgot to download it after it got brought up here. I've got the audio files kicking around somewhere on a PC and if that fails my retail discs are somewhere.

kudoboi

I don't think I'm going to finish Styx before Unity releases. :(

i still have to complete final fantasy 13, COD AW, GRID autosport, dead rising 3, alien isolation, hatoful boyfriend, naruto shipudden ultimate ninja storm 3, lego marvel heroes, pixeljunk shooter, consortium and batman arkham origins cold cold heart DLC before AC Unity releases

and here i am playing gmod TTT for the entire day :/

How about Dead Space? Oh, wait. ;)

You know, I've been meaning to revisit Dead Space. I played that Isaac to death on the 360 (100% all the cheevos too). I wanted to get a chance to play it during October but oh well...definitely would play again especially so I can go forward with Dead Space 2 (and maybe Dead Space 3, that is if I install Origin.)

Off topic, but god dang it Talos Principle has been ACRTAG...c'mon Devolver, I thought you were the cool guys. =[

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you created a topic for a problem that doesnt exist. you took a risk on a obvious glitch, it didnt pa off. go ask valve for a refund on the dlc, the ACTUAL game was never discounted that much and you know it

the only reason we thought it was the full game is because we have the ability to mess / check the subs registry, whcih A) you have no business doing really and B) a normal costumer wouldnt do

Smash88

Banned
Valkyria Chronicles, I'm excited.

Also the new Isaac is meh. Lost it's charm, lack of a good soundtrack, a extremely trolling game, invincibility frames removed. It turned from difficult but charming, to just annoying and tedious.

you created a topic for a problem that doesnt exist. you took a risk on a obvious glitch, it didnt pa off. go ask valve for a refund on the dlc, the ACTUAL game was never discounted that much and you know it

the only reason we thought it was the full game is because we have the ability to mess / check the subs registry, whcih A) you have no business doing really and B) a normal costumer wouldnt do

The thing is that cases like these are a legal grey area. At least in the case of Warlock 2 being revoked, it could be justified by saying that no money changed hands. With this, people paid money for a product. It may not necessarily have been what the developer wanted, but there was a monetary transaction.

It's not as simple as saying "go get a refund" because someone knowingly put it up for sale. At least the developer has owned up to it and promised a solution, but if they just told everyone to take it up with Valve, that would be pretty low.

What we should be discussing is how a publisher/developer has the right to revoke a product as they see fit.

Miguel81

Ha! That's like saying DMC 4 had a cameo by Lady Gaga.

What can I say, Japanese devs were ahead of the curve. ;)

Valkyria Chronicles, I'm excited.

Also the new Isaac is meh. Lost it's charm, lack of a good soundtrack, a extremely trolling game, invincibility frames removed. It turned from difficult but charming, to just annoying and tedious.

It feels good to be going into VC mostly blind. Glad I skipped the PS3 release now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The thing is that cases like these are a legal grey area. At least in the case of Warlock 2 being revoked, it could be justified by saying that no money changed hands. With this, people paid money for a product. It may not necessarily have been what the developer wanted, but there was a monetary transaction.

It's not as simple as saying "go get a refund" because someone knowingly put it up for sale. At least the developer has owned up to it and promised a solution, but if they just told everyone to take it up with Valve, that would be pretty low.

What we should be discussing is how a publisher/developer has the right to revoke a product as they see fit.

yes you paid money for the dlc, and you have the dlc (and the classic game that comes with it)

Knurek

Pfft 16 gigglybytes is nothing in this day and age. There are a lot of prerendered cutscenes mind. Actually 16 seems a bit small for full on high quality versions. Considering the PS3 version was 1280x720 I wouldn't be surprised if it was just them but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's actually 25, just compresses to 16 for download. :)

Smash88

Banned
It feels good to be going into VC mostly blind. Glad I skipped the PS3 release now.

I first saw VC way back when it released by a streamer. It looked awesome, but I only had a 360 at the time, and I never owned a PS3. Super excited for this.

yes you paid money for the dlc, and you have the dlc (and the classic game that comes with it)

If I'm reading that Steam Community topic correctly, someone changed the name after the fact to read "Special Edition Upgrade" instead of "Special Edition". Either way, it was an error on the part of the dev/publisher. I'm just glad they understand their mistake, although it never should have happened in the first place.

Rhaknar

If I'm reading that Steam Community topic correctly, someone changed the name after the fact to read "Special Edition Upgrade" instead of "Special Edition". Either way, it was an error on the part of the dev/publisher. I'm just glad they understand their mistake, although it never should have happened in the first place.

yeah it was still called DLC tho, no matter how much punishedsnake wants to pretend it wasnt. we even commented we shouldnt be able to buy it because you cant buy dlc without the base game

Coreda

lol

Can you imagine the amount of spamming that would go on. All the evil trolls and thieves would have a field day.

The best thing Steam could at the very least offer is a way to add optional titles to friend requests. That way users can at least see why someone is befriending them. In one example I've been trying to get in contact with a Steam user for something, and can gift them a game if they like, but they wouldn't know this by the friend request I've sent.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it. I'm not worried about a $4 purchase (after having spent over $20,000 today - yikes) but for example, this is what shows up in my activity page:

tKZ8i8i.png

Anyone who purchases this now, it would read "now owns Gold Rush! Anniversary Special Edition Upgrade"

Xanathus

Yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it. I'm not worried about a $4 purchase (after having spent over $20,000 today - yikes) but for example, this is what shows up in my activity page:

tKZ8i8i.png

Anyone who purchases this now, it would read "now owns Gold Rush! Anniversary Special Edition Upgrade"

... did you spend $20,000 on Train Simulator DLCs?

yeah it was still called DLC tho, no matter how much punishedsnake wants to pretend it wasnt. we even commented we shouldnt be able to buy it because you cant buy dlc without the base game

Except (and I'm taking the word of PunishedSnake on this one), it wasn't labeled as DLC at the beginning, nor was it apparent on the purchase page people linked to earlier in this topic. Once word got out about the mix-up, they changed the language for the purchase page and (supposedly) added a "this is DLC" banner.

Not to mention that the database page was changed so that the Anniversary version was removed from the pack once the mistake was caught.

I'm not worried about a $4 purchase (after having spent over $20,000 today - yikes)

Wait, what

Rhaknar

Except (and I'm taking the word of PunishedSnake on this one), it wasn't labeled as DLC at the beginning, nor was it apparent on the purchase page people linked to earlier in this topic. Once word got out about the mix-up, they changed the language for the purchase page and (supposedly) added a "this is DLC" banner.

Not to mention that the database page was changed so that the Anniversary version was removed from the pack once the mistake was caught.

except it was labeled DLC, and this all started because someone in the steam thread said "guys the special edition DLC is also the full game lololol". the only part of wht you said that is correct is that before it was called "special edition" and now its called "special edition upgrade"

im done arguing about this tho, its too early and I havent had my coffee :p

edit: unless enhanced steam visually changes the layout of the store and somehow didnt show the dlc tab on it, that I cant tell you. I cant tell you that in the client, the vanilla ass client, it was dlc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom