• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014-11-08_11-06-02.jpg

well ... this sounds promising :)

What's that in reference to?

Ozium

why are they pricing gold rush anniversary for 30 dollars or whatever anyways?

it's a KISS published game, it will be bundled before the end of the year

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp, either Advanced Warfare has some fucked up broken settings, or my 4690k, 970 SLI is already outdated >_>

time to investigate

MayMay

Banned
Seeing as the ACU console versions are already out in the wild (broken streetdates) I was wondering if someone already has a retail PC copy to check if it's activating (on uplay lol) and playable. Retail WD has been playable since the weekend before launch so I expect similar things here..

welp, either Advanced Warfare has some fucked up broken settings, or my 4690k, 970 SLI is already outdated >_>

time to investigate

It has broken settings. If you enable the caching options textures look like ass for example (also, remember that supersampling isn't something you put on max)

dex3108

Seeing as the ACU console versions are already out in the wild (broken streetdates) I was wondering if someone already has a retail PC copy to check if it's activating (on uplay lol) and playable. Retail WD has been playable since the weekend before launch so I expect similar things here..

I think that you can play PC version if you have Retail. But i am not sure 100%.

The more I think about it, more I find funny that it took Blizzard 7 years to develop Team Fortress 2. That's Blizzard Time^TM for you.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mavromatis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-66616F3A1264E616 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.

t1415447426z1.png

Dr Dogg

They're still the same games every year. Last gen 2K15 is basically 2K14 but with less features! They have plenty of unintentional funny moments due to glitches and gameplay.

The WWE glitches are alway entertaining. Plus the career modes are usually bonkers too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seems the highest supersampling I can go to on AW with everything maxed is 4X, anything higher and it drops down to the 30s (down from 70-80 fps too, takes a huge dive lol)

time to throw the computer in the garbage and buy the PS4 version I guess

Jokes aside, and coming from Ghosts just a few days ago...good lord Advanced Warfare is pretty o_O

Knurek

seems the highest supersampling I can go to on AW with everything maxed is 4X, anything higher and it drops down to the 30s (down from 70-80 fps too, takes a huge dive lol)

Well, increasing supersampling by factor of 2 increases the amount of pixels to render by a factor of 4. :)

Milamber

time to throw the computer in the garbage and buy the PS4 version I guess

Jokes aside, and coming from Ghosts just a few days ago...good lord Advanced Warfare is pretty o_O

Time to overclock your card.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
potential very dumb question: if someone buys Sonic & all stars on uplay shop, do you get a steam key as well? the reason I'm asking is that enhanced steam tells me uplay shop atm is the cheapest place to get it.

dex3108

potential very dumb question: if someone buys Sonic & all stars on uplay shop, do you get a steam key as well? the reason I'm asking is that enhanced steam tells me uplay shop atm is the cheapest place to get it.

As far as i know game is Steamworks so you will get Steam key.

why are they pricing gold rush anniversary for 30 dollars or whatever anyways?

it's a KISS published game, it will be bundled before the end of the year

When I saw the two listings on Steam earlier I immediately thought there was a pricing error, but I thought the $30 one was the mistake.

Dr Dogg

Well back on the Advanced Warfare train.
15739917182_cc46011403_o.png

Spacey and Balthier.
15118432354_7dafa5f52d_o.png

Random dude climbing with some weird dudes in hard hats watching.
15739921492_76d961ced8_o.png

Science dudes doing science stuff like making all the shadows disappear under every object in the room.
15553189637_ec5f2196fb_o.png

Balthier looking sumg. Beat his score on the firing range so don't know why.

The appeal to me for a PC release is the modding community's creations! Or at least how I imagine them to be.

Steam Workshop support could lead to lots of dreams and wishes fulfilled.

Tizoc

1- THanks to Shadownet for helping me get Dragon Age Inq. ;D
2- I'm 30ish minutes late to work because of Rain and traffic, feeling so pissed off right now =_=
3- India Origin doesn't accept my CC :/ Gonna have to change my password+remove CC details if they are stored, but I'll keep trying to get FC4 Gold for $44ish
4- Does CoD: AW treat the player like they're mentally challenged, or does the SP mode really offer a good experience?
5- Get hype for dat Valk. Chronicles!

Anteater

i need to pick up red faction guerilla, someone put it on sale pls

edit: kevin spacey looks like wax

i see that guy from binary domain got himself another game to be in

I drive a 13 Kia Soul to work everyday, but my weekend car is a 2001 Honda S2000 with only 15K miles. I hate the Soul, it was just the cheapest thing that had a decent warranty and leather and sat nav.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to unlock all the maps on Sonic and All stars for custom games multiplayer without having to play career etc?

As far as i know game is Steamworks so you will get Steam key.

yup, he did get it.

MayMay

Banned
I assume GMG has regional release dates - seeing as I (in Germany) get to see the European release date on the page. Any way to pre-order a US Version? (Maybe VPN on the site or something?) - or do they just send me the key on the US date even though it displayed the EU one? Always wondered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom