• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
So instead of spending my night playing Rebirth and cuddling, my girlfriend dragged me to go out with her coworkers. After eating some great pizza, we went to a local lesbian bar and that shit was pretty cool. I was just sitting back sipping my delicious beer taking in the culture.

Don't know if this was mentioned:

Under Greenman Gaming's vip section, they have:

Lords of the Fallen - $36.49 (49.99)
LEGO Batman 3 - $20.24 (26.99)
Valkyria Chronicles - $13.85 (17.99)
Europa Universalis IV - $14.99 (19.99)
FarCry 4 - $47.99 (59.99)
AssCreed Unity - $47.99 (59.99)
NBA 2K15 - $43.79 (59.99)
Sid Meye Civ Beyond Earth - $35.99 (49.99)
Dragon Age Inquisition - $47.99 (59.99)

MRORANGE

Yeah, I'm gonna contact Bish/Stump on the matter, the decision on helping relevant information/news stay on the top of the page is not helpful when other threads are still able to reside in Gaming that are community focused than this thread.

Thanks for the PM's guys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'd recommend ignoring LotF for the time being, unless you're hurting for a "Souls-like", as a "Season Pass Edition" popped up in the registry months ago. Contrary to what the devs said, DLC is a thing, has been planned, and there'll be a relatively significant amount of it.

Anteater

i keep running straight into those fucking spike strips in need for speed hot pursuit like an idiot, but the game is a lot of fun, some maps are just really long and i keep fucking up towards the end

AHA-Lambda

Yeah, I'm gonna contact Bish/Stump on the matter, the decision on helping relevant information/news stay on the top of the page is not helpful when other threads are still able to reside in Gaming that are community focused than this thread.

Thanks for the PM's guys.

oh yeah, shit just got real :D

tumblr_md04lmEl9u1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

I'd recommend ignoring LotF for the time being, unless you're hurting four a "Souls-like", as a "Season Pass Edition" popped up in the registry months ago. Contrary to what the devs said, DLC is a thing, and has been planned, and there'll be a relatively significant amount of it.

Yeah, real glad I noticed that after the first DLC got announced, waiting for a complete edition now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'd recommend ignoring LotF for the time being, unless you're hurting four a "Souls-like", as a "Season Pass Edition" popped up in the registry months ago. Contrary to what the devs said, DLC is a thing, has been planned, and there'll be a relatively significant amount of it.

says the guy that bought Unity, because that doesnt have a Season Pass right? :p

Tizoc

LEGO Batman 3 - $20.24 (26.99)
Valkyria Chronicles - $13.85 (17.99)
Europa Universalis IV - $14.99 (19.99)
FarCry 4 - $47.99 (59.99)
AssCreed Unity - $47.99 (59.99)
NBA 2K15 - $43.79 (59.99)
Sid Meye Civ Beyond Earth - $35.99 (49.99)
Dragon Age Inquisition - $47.99 (59.99)

EDIT: What about Far Cry 4 Gold?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We all know JaseC can't resist dat AssC.

just thought it was a bizarre reason to tell someone to hold off on it. What game DOESNT have a season pass these days

People should hold off on it because its a bit of a technical mess (or was when I played / finished it)

rtcn63

I like to think that every AssCreed after the first one was effectively DLC, at least until Black Flag, where round two begins.

JaseC

just thought it was a bizarre reason to tell someone to hold off on it. What game DOESNT have a season pass these days

People should hold off on it because its a bit of a technical mess (or was when I played / finished it)

There's a distinction to make between "Don't buy it yet because I assume there'll be DLC" and "Don't buy it yet because there's incontrovertible proof that there'll be DLC".

I like to think that every AssCreed after the first one was effectively DLC, at least until Black Flag, where round two begins.

I got that feeling from Brotherhood & Revelations. I mean it all made sense eventually, but as individual games the story felt weak and a bit pointless. I guess they made AC2 too big or something and had to cut it down.

Rhaknar

There's a distinction to make between "Don't buy it yet because I assume there'll be DLC" and "Don't buy it yet because there's incontrovertible proof that there'll be DLC".

again, when did DLC become a reason to not buy games? what am i missing?

Zafir

Nah. AC2 was pretty different from the first. I agree in terms of Brotherhood/Revelations/3 though. AC2 and AC4 are the best two imo, the others were kind of meh.

JaseC

I got that feeling from Brotherhood & Revelations. I mean it all made sense eventually, but as individual games the story felt weak and a bit pointless. I guess they made AC2 too big or something and had to cut it down.

I enjoyed Ezio's growth throughout the so-called "Ezio trilogy", but the series as whole definitely jumped the shark after Brotherhood.

Somebody quote this so he'll see it.

Playfire rewards have been pretty crappy as of late. I got more credit from LEGO Marvel than getting COD: Advanced Warfare right now lol. Everything is .10 cents.

Rhaknar

Since DLC started costing more than base game unless you wait for GOTY edition, which is cheaper than DLC alone?

ah, if the idea is to wait for a GOTY thats fair enough

JaseC

again, when did DLC become a reason to not buy games? what am i missing?

Context?

I'd recommend ignoring LotF for the time being, unless you're hurting for a "Souls-like", as a "Season Pass Edition" popped up in the registry months ago. Contrary to what the devs said, DLC is a thing, has been planned, and there'll be a relatively significant amount of it.

Edit: What's the point of explaining myself if you're going to ignore me?

Dr Dogg

Just checking out what I might have drunkenly preordered on Amazon and man am I tied if I should grab Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris on Steam or pay a little extra and get the collectors goodies. Then I see this.
Gah! Don't make me choose like this. Do I go with Steam and get Agent 47 Lara or Amazon and get Jensen Lara?

Also been checking out some info about AC Rogue. No tailing missions, decent length story and side content coming out of it's ears. That's going to be a nice start to 2015.

In other AssCreed and Amazon related news my copy of Absetgo Industries: Employee Handbook just shipped. Yes I did make a drunken preorder it seems.

Rhaknar

Just checking out what I might have drunkenly preordered on Amazon and man am I tied if I should grab Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris on Steam or pay a little extra and get the collectors goodies. Then I see this.

Gah! Don't make me choose like this. Do I go with Steam and get Agent 47 Lara or Amazon and get Jensen Lara?

Also been checking out some info about AC Rogue. No tailing missions, decent length story and side content coming out of it's ears. That's going to be a nice start to 2015.

In other AssCreed and Amazon related news my copy of Absetgo Industries: Employee Handbook just shipped. Yes I did make a drunken preordered it seems.

does Amazon still carry steam versions of (new) Ubi games or is that over?

So tired of retail exclusive content :(

Can you link the abstergo handbook?

Dr Dogg

does Amazon still carry steam versions of (new) Ubi games or is that over?

I think that might have just been a test as I can only recall Black Flag getting a Steam key. And boy did I refresh that page on Watch_Dogs hoping it would come up.

So tired of retail exclusive content :(

Can you link the abstergo handbook?

I'm guessing they'll be purchasable separately at some point or part of the Season Pass. Yeah it's one of those deals too, urgh.

Sure

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1783295473/

Dr Dogg

Ooh looks nice, might be time to build up Christmas Wishlist for the family to look at. Thanks!

It's a bit more along the lines of in-universe context so might be a bit nerdy for some. But I've got copies of the Encyclopedia and various artbooks so it was something to add to the collection. I'll pop a few pics up online when it turns up and shoot them over to you.

Jawmuncher

Still so glad DLC had no bearing on my purchases. I can count on my hands the amount of games that have brought me back with DLC. 9 out of 10 times it's beyond worthless and just feels lazy if you ask me.

It's a bit more along the lines of in-universe context so might be a bit nerdy for some. But I've got copies of the Encyclopedia and various artbooks so it was something to add to the collection. I'll pop a few pics up online when it turns up and shoot them over to you.

No that's fine, I like the lore they've built up so it'd be nice to see some of the 'behind the scenes' stuff like that. Thanks for the pictures too - what's the Encyclopedia like? Does it go back generations?

I won't get into that publicly.

But you just did. So transparent.

-MD-

Still so glad DLC had no bearing on my purchases. I can count on my hands the amount of games that have brought me back with DLC. 9 out of 10 times it's beyond worthless and just feels lazy if you ask me.

I've bought DLC for like 3 games in the last 9 years. I agree it's almost always bad and it usually comes out long after I've already dropped the game.

Rhaknar

I won't get into that publicly.

is it because youre australian? cant blame him if so :/

edit: ooh Crypt of the Necrodancer has achievements (and new items) cool

97 minutes into Batman Arkham Origins and I got my first CTD while opening a vault with the batclaw. As this is the first-ever Batman Arkham CTD I've experienced, I'm going to go ahead and say BELIEVE THE NEGATIVITY around the game.

Additionally, the devs' incessant desire to shove positive reinforcement in your face is also rather offputting. (XP! Trophy unlocked! XP! Challenge completed! Quest Updated! Press F to Respect the Law!) Although a hoard of things to do is a Batman Arkham staple, Origins has, thus far, taken it to an extreme.

Allcaps warning:
KEVIN CONROY I MISS YOU. THIS GRUFF ANNOUNCER GUY IS NOT A SUITABLE REPLACEMENT...

It's like Transistor is doing a too good job of encouraging me to experiment. I'm 4 hours in, and still not set on most abilities and their combinations, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom