• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

4 on the other hand is 'Come on Recker', 'This way Recker', 'Shoot that guy Recker' the whole fucking game!

So pretty much BF3 without the nukes/tanks?
I can live with that, ~5 hour games that are an eye candy and give me 30 GB of free HDD space after completing are the best.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Stump gave you the power to see the log?

A few months ago he gave a few of us here (I won't name names) administration abilities to help with ModBot-related issues while he was moving. I can see "behind the curtain" to only a certain extent: e.g. while I could tell you whether or nor you're throttled, I couldn't tell you when said restriction expires.

Dr Dogg

So pretty much BF3 without the nukes/tanks?
I can live with that, ~5 hour games that are an eye candy and give me 30 GB of free HDD space after completing are the best.

You do drive a tank, for about a minute but yeah pretty much the same dealio as 3. With no soul but very, very pretty. Oh and Bonnie Tyler playing during the opening.

Turfster

3 was really pushing hard on the serious button but there were some nice touches, like the tank gunner playing with a toy dinosaur his kid gave him for good luck (turns out it wasn't that lucky) calling out to a world beyond aggression, war mongering and interventionism (is that even a word?). 4 on the other hand is 'Come on Recker', 'This way Recker', 'Shoot that guy Recker' the whole fucking game!

Wait, 4 is worse than 3?
3 already made you feel like a useless small child the other guys were minding.
"Okay, no, no, let us open the door." "You ran out too soon! Wait for me to say you have to run to the next hiding spot and then s... no, don't pop up and shoot, that gets you insta-killed. Wait for me to tell you when you can shoot and then... Nope, don't just shoot at the guy, wait for me to tell you when you have to push the button and then push the button. There you go. Don't you feel like a badass now?"

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PixelJunk Monsters -- MB-D2A0BC1DF0FA81F8 - Taken by Varg
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-67104487E6141361 - Taken by gaiadyne
Metro 2033 -- MB-3043B8526CBBDDAE - Taken by Axass

Dr Dogg

Wait, 4 is worse than 3?
3 already made you feel like a useless small child the other guys were minding.
"Okay, no, no, let us open the door." "You ran out too soon! Wait for me to say you have to run to the next hiding spot and then s... no, don't pop up and shoot, that gets you insta-killed. Wait for me to tell you when you can shoot and then... Nope, don't just shoot at the guy, wait for me to tell you when you have to push the button and then push the button. There you go. Don't you feel like a badass now?"

I preferred BF3 to BF4's story. BF3 had that whole flashback Jack Bauer thing going on.

I don't know I like them both in their own special way. The story at least exists in 3 where 4 it's a bit wishy washy until the end. At least in 3 you have the flashback framing device with Blackburn giving the run down of events. In 4 things just happen and if you weren't paying attention then TOO BAD MOTHERFUCKER. But I wasn't a fan of the QTE's in 3 so thank christ they weren't in 4.

Jawmuncher

There's no way BF4 can be as bad as BF3.
Played BF3 on 360 and it felt like a pre-alpha build of a game.
Ran into enemy spawn locations (And watched them spawned) and numerous area I just walked right out of.

JaseC

stumpd8ui5.jpg

He lives! Also, this is the first time I've seen Stump pop up in my activity feed. But mostly the first thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
in my ongoing saga of enjoying games everyone hates, just played the first 2 levels of Thief (the 2014 one) and I thought it was cool :p

or maybe im just glad it runs perfectly now maxed and I couldnt even run it at all on my old computer >_>

Dr Dogg

I don't know what surprises me most. That Stump is into Valkyria Chronicles or that he didn't own Broforce yet?

in my ongoing saga of enjoying games everyone hates, just played the first 2 levels of Thief (the 2014 one) and I thought it was cool :p

or maybe im just glad it runs perfectly now maxed and I couldnt even run it at all on my old computer >_>

Thief ran alright for me it was just the gameplay and false window/door hidden loading sequences every 20 steps that made me stop playing.

Knurek

stumpd8ui5.jpg

He lives! Also, this is the first time I've seen Stump pop up in my activity feed. But mostly the first thing.

Didn't he post a lot in the OT here in the last week?
//EDIT: Yeah, three posts today, four yesterday... He just can't find the moved Steam thread, I guess.

Turfster

Man, Transistor is not a game you can drop and then pick up again.
"oh, I'll play some mo... what the hell, I don't understand any of th... what... well now I don't feel like playing anymore"

Groupees BAGB13 Bundle
TIER 1: 0.5$/game, 2 game minimum
  • Royal Bounty HD
  • Vol'Talkes
  • O3DX
  • Pig Eat Ball
  • Battletank LOBA
  • Unraveled
  • Dungeon Nightmares II
  • The Depths of Tolagal

Jawmuncher

The target here was selling the AssCreed Xbox One Unity Bundle.
It was purchasable now. Am I missing something ain't that not out until the 11th?
If I was a AC fan that would be tempting.

Omega

Banned
It was purchasable now. Am I missing something ain't that not out until the 11th?

it's not street dated but you can't redeem the code until the 11th.

JaseC

Street cred. This sounds like a smart-arse answer, but it's accurate.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It's a shame that people will end up ignoring the game simply becaus-

Oh well that's a shame. I'm a total snob when it comes to those flash stories, I think they're entirely pointless and another step in the wrong direction for Steam (alongside the total none moderation or care towards Greenlight).

Oh.

This is honestly one of the better Seahorse avatars I've seen, just because it makes for a great avatar quote.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Skyward Sword has a 93 on Metacritic.

Hey, are these sort of unwarranted personal attacks against someone allowed?

Damn, this escalation. If I was personally attacking you, yeah, it'd be against the TOS. Should we have a mod look over our conversation and see who personally attacked who?

Or maybe we can go back to the delicate balance we've had in this thread where we don't take thing so personally, especially when posting off topic throwaway posts that wouldn't even be worthwhile in an official OT?

rtcn63

Damn, this escalation. If I was personally attacking you, yeah, it'd be against the TOS. Should we have a mod look over our conversation and see who personally attacked who?

Or maybe we can go back to the delicate balance we've had in this thread where we don't take thing so personally, especially when posting off topic throwaway posts that wouldn't even be worthwhile in an official OT?

Did you not read your first reply to me? The one I made about a movie, and doesn't mention Morningbus or any of his affiliates Dawntrain or Eveningtaxi? The one where you could have easily just replied with "what didn't you like about it?". No, you had to be snide, because an insult towards the movie is apparently one towards yourself, as I'm only guessing you adore it so. But in a way that you could pretend it wasn't your fault if something escalated or someone beneath you was offended. You're too smart Morningbus. You got me in a corner. I concede.

JaseC

Are any of these actually worth it/have a chance of being Greenlit?

Greenlight will be gone in the near future and I guarantee you that Valve will not ask those who've paid the Greenlight fee to pay an app submission fee despite the system swap. In fewer words, anything that is currently on Greenlight is worth buying elsewhere (provided Steam keys are promised).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Did you not read your first reply to me? The one I made about a movie, and doesn't mention Morningbus or any of his affiliates Dawntrain or Eveningtaxi? The one where you could have easily just replied with "what didn't you like about it?". No, you had to be snide, because an insult towards the movie is apparently one towards yourself, because I'm only guessing you adore it so. But in a way that you could pretend it wasn't your fault if something escalated. You're too smart Morningbus. You got me in a corner. I concede.
I was going to make another joke here because that's often used to disarm a situation, but I don't really think that'll work.

I'm not trying to win something here. I think almost anyone else here would say you're overreacting. Take a step back and look at the exchanges again and see if this is really the place where we should be right now.

Steam Reviews back up. GTA SA Negative Reviews remain, so no shady business.

Also I realise I didn't reply to the Bad Company Dr Dogg conversation! It's a shame Dice can't work out what made the games fun, for me Bad Company 1 & 2 were the perfect parody of Battlefield/COD Genre.

The games were so self aware they were amusing and charming. The characters were good, the missions were fantastically dumb and the gameplay suited all the over the top action.
Sadly, DICE will probably try too hard with any Bad Company 3 and miss the point, which I guess is what they were saying in that interview.

Miguel81

You must see gaming as an innocent pastime rather than "serious business, yo". Let's you enjoy games more and it's good for your soul.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't enjoy them or see the appeal, I admit I'm being a snob towards them. I'm just totally perplexed by them being considered games. They're pretty much create your own adventure books, but on a web browser... or on Steam for £10.

This is hilariously underestimating the amount of work it takes to make them.

Arthea

it already feels like community in here, yeah

Also I like how people assume that every game in existence is made personally for them, and if they don't like a certain genre, it's not because it's not up their alley, but because it's shit and has no reason to exist. The same goes with movies, music and pretty much every media or entertainment in general, but then those same people aren't exasperated if they don't know jack about quantum mechanics or can't comprehend tensor algebra.

edited: in other news, I think Q-bert killed my wish to play games (><)

rtcn63

I give. I'm out. Post just for raffles. Rhaknarr remind me if I ever start commenting in the thread or viscerally assaulting beloved films again. I'll stop.

And I know, I won't missed.

JaseC

AssCreed Unity (US) said:
Available: November 11

This game will unlock in approximately 2 days and 21 hours

I'd say, "Somebody should ask Ubi when the preload will begin", but we all know where that matter will be deflected to.

Dr Dogg

Also I realise I didn't reply to the Bad Company Dr Dogg conversation! It's a shame Dice can't work out what made the games fun, for me Bad Company 1 & 2 were the perfect parody of Battlefield/COD Genre.

The games were so self aware they were amusing and charming. The characters were good, the missions were fantastically dumb and the gameplay suited all the over the top action.
Sadly, DICE will probably try too hard with any Bad Company 3 and miss the point, which I guess is what they were saying in that interview.

I'm going to wait and see how Hardline turns out before casting judgement. But yeah the fact DICE seem to think they might make a mess of it is at least comforting that if they do get the greenlight that care might be taken. Or not judging by every Battlefield launch ever.

Jadax

Man, Transistor is not a game you can drop and then pick up again.
"oh, I'll play some mo... what the hell, I don't understand any of th... what... well now I don't feel like playing anymore"

I love this game, just started last night and enjoying the whole MEM attacking mechanic - only issue is, I don't fucking understand how to upgrade my spells. I upped some of my spells with additional properties, but so far I don't think any of it has worked.

Doesn't really matter, I just faceroll the creeps, but still...would be nice to pull off a good chain attack that won't require me actually dashing behind them to double attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom