• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
A lot of these big games have noticeable audio improvements. I'm guessing many would rather have more compressed sound and smaller sizes? Alien's audio blew me away -- typical Blu ray quality here.
make it optional download

i don't listen to music in flacs and i don't need super duper quality everything

for people that do, optional download

everyone happy

Yeah I feel a lot of developers could put a little more work into compressing or doing something to make file sizes smaller, like letting us pick which audio we want or things like that. Even in the day of 1TB+ HDD's and gigabit internet, 50GB is crazy.
yeah, that too

just let me choose which languages do i want to download

let me play the damn game

Shadownet

Banned
So what about the idea of a Steam News Thread that was floating since the summer sale? Personally, I myself, couldnt keep up with this thread on a daily basis :( but i like the concept of it.

But with it now in community, it will be more smalltalk then ever or not?

I think some people pointed out that if we have a Steam News Thread for sales and news and a regular community thread. One of the two will die off very quickly. Most likely the News thread.

The reason SteanGAF keep having newcomers and keep everything going is because not everyday there going to be news to report or a sale. Small talks and going a bit off-topic keep this thread alive and mostly fun for everyone.

Pretty much the same reason why there isn't a CSGO News and Discussion thread and a CSGO Gambling Thread. The skins betting talk kept that thread alive most of the time.

Miguel81

make it optional download

i don't listen to music in flacs and i don't need super duper quality everything

for people that do, optional download

everyone happy

Agreed! Not everyone has super-duper audio setup and/or unlimited internet.
I do :)

Or the download limit to download them.

True. :(
I know Atraveller has a 10 MB/s download speed, I think that's one of the fastest posted in this thread.

Annubis

Agreed! Not everyone has super-duper audio setup and/or unlimited internet.

EDIT: wait... why am I replying. Let's just say I agree fully with the above instead.

True. :(
I know Atraveller has a 10 MB/s download speed, I think that's one of the fastest posted in this thread.

Yeah... my 700 kbps isn't great... but I do come from the days of 1.4 kbps modems. You sure learned patience with those.

(quotesception)

Mine is 100/100 for 20 euros a month. Actually I could get 350/100 for the same price if I could switch carriers which I can't for 11 more months (or I could switch to even cheaper plan, 100/100 for 9,99). I think that my current one should be upgraded to 1000/100 eventually next summer.

A lot of these big games have noticeable audio improvements. I'm guessing many would rather have more compressed sound and smaller sizes? Alien's audio blew me away -- typical Blu ray quality here.

Metal Gear Rising is lik 25-50 GBs because of uncompressed movies. I want to know how many games are actualy uncompressed audio instead of uncompressed crap like cg movies.

Wow, can't believe I won Valkyria Chronicles. No wonder I only manage to sleep approximately 2 hours, my body must have felt it. Thank you so much Tizoc. Super excited to finally get the chance to play this.

Should see how fast my internet is..and its free! =D

dy88s.jpg

This 1000 Amps game is pretty good. I had no idea what it was, but wasn't sure what to play so just played one of the first games in the library. A few hours later and I'm still playing, finding myself getting drawn into something that's a little more than just a simple puzzle game.

Fiends.

So far, Batman Arkham Origins' gameplay has been a janky bummer compared to Rocksteady's, uh.. solid implementation of FreeFlow combat (as well as traversal in general).

What if he's saying "Stump is Wright" or something. There are so many possibilities!

WE WANT BETTER EVERYTHING, AND FILE SIZES YEAH THOSE SHOULD BE SMALLER TOO!

- Gamers Bill Of Rights, 2nd amendment
To be honest it's better than the first draft, which was basically "In Stardock we Trust" until that whole Elemental and complete betrayal of trust shamozzle.

Metal Gear Rising is lik 25-50 GBs because of uncompressed movies. I want to know how many games are actualy uncompressed audio instead of uncompressed crap like cg movies.

You know what, MGR is the one game where I find the size justified. It is constantly, seamlessly switching from cutscenes to CG, where the increased quality can actually increase the immersion within the game. It's really well done and definitely worth the size requirement.

By comparison it makes Shadow of Mordor (which is around the same size) seem wasteful and excessive.

And Don't get me started on Wasteland 2. Aside from Unity's inadequacies, that game has no business being as large as it is.

Jawmuncher

It amazes me that the creators of Mirrors Esge are responsible for BF campaigns. Since they are so meh. Don't even hold a candle to COD.

just played a bit of RE4 for the first time. oh lurd those are some shit controls. control type 3 makes it a bit better tho. Also i face palmed at the first enemy... its a human... shot the dude right in his face and he just flinches and continues to to slowly walk to me. the bro just ate the bullet man. these guys better not be human.

also my bro asked me if i pre ordered smash, i was like nah ill do it later, he told me it came out in two weeks :eek: holy shit. I'm just so eh about it cause I already got the 3ds and since it don't got any new characters it was whatevs. anyways i pre ordered my copy. they didn't have no more gamecube controller bundles on amazon so I'm gonna wait for some reviews on that hori gamecube like pro controller first.

It amazes me that the creators of Mirrors Esge are responsible for BF campaigns. Since they are so meh. Don't even hold a candle to COD.

when it comes to multiplayer i much prefer battlefield but story mode? if i absolutely had to pick one(since i don't enjoy either) i'd go with cod. at least they tend to have better action scenes imo.

Jawmuncher

when it comes to multiplayer i much prefer battlefield but story mode? if i absolutely had to pick one(since i don't enjoy either) i'd go with cod. at least they tend to have better action scenes imo.

Yeah I'm talking strictly campaign.
Dice is still behind on what it wants to be for SP.

Shadownet

Banned
You get the MP as well if you fancy that
I tried it several times. It's not something I fancy at all. My buddy forgot to tell me that the game factor in bullet drop and leading the target as well. Coming from CSGO and CoD where your crosshair dictate where the bullet will land. I wasn't used to that.

I spent 10 mins snipping at people running across the field and question myself why I can't land any shot at all -__- before he tell me about the real life bullet physic. I mean I appreciate that Battlefield is more realistic than CoD but it's just not my cup of tea. I even tried out Hardline Beta. yeah, not for me.

Of course, thank you. How foolish of me.

Turfster

I love how when you dig up stuff with the shovel in D:OS, it doesn't "sheathe" the "weapon" once you're done, so every time you talk to someone after that, they're all "HOW DARE YOU POINT THAT WEAPON AT ME"

iosefe

Need some quick feedback! What do y'all think of this header image?

dhKKamH.png

me gusta. i miss the random customer from the original though...

also...now is the great chance to mention that you should add some reference to Saorsie.

-Saucy Roman, a rival Restaurant

not bad? DLC?

iosefe

Thanks y'all!

Yeah I tried that but there wasn't much space left for the logo unfortunately.

Or...a new spin off game...hmmm..

make it a zoom out?their faces on the edges, the skewers crossing behind the logo in a low X, ><, with the logo more or less sitting in the V that is created by the crossing skewers

===

yes...good...

This is interesting. Apparently if you order tickets for John Wick through Fandango then you get a free code for the full Payday 2 download.

indeed. you should totally go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom