• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Ooga%2BChacka%2Bintensifies.gif

Valkyria Chronicles is nigh.

Shadownet

Banned
I know this is random but out of all the elderly celebrities that I forgot about over the years. I'm quite happy to find out that Dick Van Dyke is still alive. Diagnosis:Murders was the bomb.

Why does clicking on play sometimes ask me if I want to stream to another device and then sometimes it won't even bother asking me?

nvm must be a skin issue because the other dropdown arrow appears on my girlfriend's computer.

Gintoki

Why does clicking on play sometimes ask me if I want to stream to another device and then sometimes it won't even bother asking me?

Because your steam account is logged in two PCs. It the game isn't installed on the PC you're currently using, but is installed on the other PC, it will ask you if you want to stream the game

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I know this is random but out of all the elderly celebrities that I forgot about over the years. I'm quite happy to find out that Dick Van Dyke is still alive. Diagnosis:Murders was the bomb.

I found out today that the Oreck vacuum guy is still alive and that Oreck is owned by Hoover.

Gaming sorta:
With AT&T U-Verse I have the shitty 2Wire modem, is there anything else I can use to get better performance? I used a linksys before, but I had to change the ip and all that. What can I use that I can just plug in to the ethernet port?

zkylon

zkylewd
I was there too! The Mar del Plata Eva is this year, December 6th. Also there's going to be another one in Córdoba next year.
oo nice, i had to leave cos i had to go to my cousin's wedding (miss the second half of josh mandel's talk :<)

i ate lots of sushi <3

also whoever thought fancy shoes should butcher your feet was evil -___-

outch

Agreed! Not everyone has super-duper audio setup and/or unlimited internet.
I do :)
i have unlimited internet -basically in argieland the deal you get is no one cares if you pirate half of the internet but uploads are really shitty (so no twitch streaming unless you pay lots of money)- and not that but of an audio setup (tho nothing cray) but i just really don't care that much

much like visuals and pretty much everything in gaming, i care a lot more about design than fidelity so it's just really not relevant for me. i'd rather play the game right now than putting my hard drive through the pain of 50 gigs. my hdd is on a diet and he needs help cos his image hoarding master doesn't know what self control is. i can't put him through that

so i'd usually rather the game looks a bit worse and sounds a bit worse if it's less size and less of a hassle.

zkylon

zkylewd
they gave us like slippers half way thru but by then the damage was already done

i wore a traffic cone hat thing

i don't know what ritzy parties is

i love mojitos

so many mojitos

when is valkyria coming out

Shadownet

Banned
fixed that for you
its cheaper to get the 4 pack of the game

Huh I didnt know there was a 4 pack. Yo hook a brother up!

Oh btw depends on where you get your keys. You can get it as cheap as $1.80 per key. So that's why I said about $5 for 2.5 keys.

Normally its $1.90 per key.

Ban Puncher

I'm getting sick of all these deadbeats on trading sites who don't reply or when they do their asking amount of keys has mysteriously increased.

Shadownet

Banned
I decided to skip Interstellar and took my brother to see Big Hero 6 instead (amazing movie btw, everyone should see it). I feel like Interstellar might be one of those movie better off watching at home where you can rewind and pause to think about the mindfuck stuff Nolan put you through.

Bastion soundtrack is in FLAC but Transistor's is only MP3, what a shame, but I'd still pick it up on iTunes.
The more that movie sits in my head, the less I like it; Nolan really let me down this time :(
I can fault Nolan for the exposition, most people would be confused as hell if not for it.
I decided to skip Interstellar and took my brother to see Big Hero 6 instead (amazing movie btw, everyone should see it). I feel like Interstellar might be one of those movie better off watching at home where you can rewind and pause to think about the mindfuck stuff Nolan put you through.
You really should experience it on big screen, gonna watch it again on IMAX.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think there's place for "blatantery"

like nolans movies arent like david lynch or shit they're just clever ideas filmed really slick

so like it doesnt have to be an impossible puzzle

i mean inception wasnt subtle at all right

anyways why am i still awake

ed: like my favorite movie is prolly lars von triers melancholia and thats about as obvious as it gets with like a literal planet named melancholia and everything. i dont believe in ofuscation for ofuscations sake is what i'm saying

Shadownet

Banned
You really should experience it on big screen, gonna watch it again on IMAX.

Last movie I saw in IMAX was Thor Dark World I think.. Or something more recent. I wasn't really impress. Maybe I should go to a real IMAX theatre. They have one in the Air and Space Museum. I'll probably wait till the next Star Trek or Star Wars film to come out.

AHA-Lambda

ed: like my favorite movie is prolly lars von triers melancholia and thats about as obvious as it gets with like a literal planet named melancholia and everything. i dont believe in ofuscation for ofuscations sake is what i'm saying

oh god, I thought that was the worst movie I've ever seen, only one of 2 movies I've ever walked out of a cinema =/

zkylon

zkylewd
oh god, I thought that was the worst movie I've ever seen, only one of 2 movies I've ever walked out of a cinema =/

yeah my dad walked out on it too. i don't blame ya, saying it's not for everyone is a cray understantement. me being crazy person tho

every second of it spoke to me in pretty much every way tho and i studied it for like 6 monts at my film class so i'm def a fan!

not a much pleasant movie but one worth obsessing about for sure

also i dont think i ever walked out of a movie. i was thinking about it during avatar but the friend i went to watch it with was loving it and he had to drive me home (it was really far away

Uzzy

Bastion soundtrack is in FLAC but Transistor's is only MP3, what a shame, but I'd still pick it up on iTunes.

I got a FLAC version of the Transistor soundtrack. If you send a message to the Supergiant guys, with proof of purchase of the Transistor soundtrack on Steam, you'll get a link for the FLAC version.

abracadaver

I'm playing shadow warrior redux at the moment.

Is this game supposed to look and feel like a 30fps game even though the framerate is way higher? Is that just the way the game works or is it supposed to run super smooth like a true 60fps game. How does it run for you?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Zkylon is a Lars von trier fan?

I don't think I can deal with that.

Is this game supposed to look and feel like a 30fps game even though the framerate is way higher? Is that just the way the game works or is it supposed to run super smooth like a true 60fps game. How does it run for you?
I've seen a lot of streams display that.

2/3 of the movie were really good, last one... not so much.

First time in a while I visited imdb top 250, and I think it will be my last time.
Last act is best act IMO, even Kip Thorne was impressed with the
tesserect
I got a FLAC version of the Transistor soundtrack. If you send a message to the Supergiant guys, with proof of purchase of the Transistor soundtrack on Steam, you'll get a link for the FLAC version.
Wow nice, is it steam only?

Vazduh

FWH said that they're working on a pc update for the game, with much better optimization (dx11, x64).

DSOGaming: Shadow Warrior seemed unable to max out our quad-core and take advantage of all four CPU cores, which resulted in low-performance in various scenes. A simulated tri-core CPU was performing the same with a quad-core CPU. Is that due to a limitation of the API (DirectX)?

KN: We have recently moved to job based engine architecture. Additionally we have optimized serial code paths and replaced DX9 with DX11, which has lower CPU overhead. Currently it scales much better and most of the time uses all available cores.

MS: In fact we are planning to release a new PC version of Shadow Warrior intended for 64bit processors (Windows 7 and up) that uses new version of our engine – you will be able to test it by yourselves. Our internal tests show a significant performance increase compared to the current PC 32bit version.

zkylon

zkylewd

see he's adorable

i can and can't believe at the same time cannes got mad at him for saying that since u know its cannes and all

also i can relate to someone that fears everything

anywho i'm beat i don't know what i'm doing up

i promise i'll take videogames tomorrow

bye bye

I am being facetious btw.
yea you dumbo u think you can pull one past me pfftttt

Vazduh

Is going to watch it soon, is that ... bad? no spoilers tho :p

It's far from a bad movie, but it could've been muuuuuuuuch better. At least I can guarantee you that won't get bored while watching the movie (never had a feeling that it was almost 3 hour long).

Arthea

I haven't finished it yet, so I can't give you an exact answer.
I'm currently in chapter 6 and about 4 hours in. As for side content, there are a couple of side quests, you can find new characters, craft Oculi, find Stardust and collect papers with confessions on them, that are floating around.
I haven't done all of the sidequests I've encountered so far (you can warp back to places you've already been to, so I'm doing them later), but I can't imagine the game taking 27 hours, unless the last 4 chapters are incredibly long.

---
I just wanted to continue playing, but Uplay was first stuck on "Looking for updates" and now it won't let me log in because "There seems to be a problem with your internet connection". Great. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Edit: Might be a problem on ubisoft's end, as http://uplay.ubi.com/ is down. Guess I'll just wait and see.
Edit2: Yes, that was the problem, now it works.

uplay *shivers*
thanks, I was postponing on playing it because u[not]play, but I really feel like playing it now. decisions, decisions.

Ban Puncher

You know times are dire when you can get a better deal on eBay than trading virtual keys.

On the plus side, Alien Isolation Digital Deluxe version GET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom