• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got back from argie gdc, fun stuff

for "kurt russel" who was always complaining about his town apparently there's gonna be another conference in mar del plata sometime next year so hooray for you

also the argie guy that was mentioned here a couple times that was helming that lovecraft kickstarter project that didn't do so good. i think i was talking to zeliard about it, maybe? but i may remembering it wrong. seeing him today he sounds a lot more calm about the whole "kickstarter is dead" dealio and blames it on a bunch of things, not necessarily kickstarter. he said that what actually gave his previous kickstarter a big push was the dreamfall ks bringing in tons of new people which would maybe keep looking for other narrative-heavy things and stumble upon his game, and the lovecraft thing being launched on a relatively drought time might've suffered from that a lot.

I was there too! The Mar del Plata Eva is this year, December 6th. Also there's going to be another one in Córdoba next year.

Nice! Finally we are getting some love too!

I saw somebody recording all the talks, so maybe they'll be up on youtube. I know it's not the same, but close. Also Agustín Cordes (Scratches and Asylum fame) is going to talk about the failed kickstarter in detail over there. Check www.expoeva.com for updates.

Miguel81

Played a bit of Vice City. Took me half an hour to set up the controls properly. Sometimes I have thank MS for bringing Xinput to PC gaming.

Miguel81

I love VC. The setting, the music...Awesome stuff. My favorite GTA by far.

It brought the 80s to a whole new generation of 90s/00s kids. The controller settings on PC are abysmal, though. The pre-360 pad days were some horrific times for pad players.

Is it a wonder that console ports are more popular now than back then?

Edit: I should get Cook, Serve, Delicious one of these days.

r3n4ud

It brought the 80s to a whole new generation of 90s/00s kids. The controller settings on PC are abysmal, though. The pre-360 pad days were some horrific times for pad players.

Is it a wonder that console ports are more popular now than back then?

Edit: I should get Cook, Serve, Delicious one of these days.
I use xpadder and find it pretty good. But ya, the pre-360 days were some dark times.

iosefe

Yes, you should.

Also, damn, that first "real" fight in D:OS where the poisonous zombie killed half my party on death...

Try this:
Lure Rob Zombie towards the guards/ ballista. Before engaging, leave a pyramid nenext to the ballista to tp someone over to use it

Turfster

Try this:
Lure Rob Zombie towards the guards/ ballista. Before engaging, leave a pyramid nenext to the ballista to to someone over to use it

... well now I feel stupid.
I was like "huh, wonder when I'll get to use those..." but totally didn't think about them...
Thanks, will reload and try that next time to save on resurrection scrolls =p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Coreda, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Coreda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-C7ED43BE47E4E375 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 91 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-AB9D4861F56CD8E4
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising -- MB-91A4E38F442DF526 - Taken by Skyzard. 2 entrants total.
Dark Souls -- MB-CDA3463D70169083 - Taken by redlacs. 18 entrants total.

t1415504245z1.png

Yeah, zombie ooze + fire = gas, gas + fire = explosions!

That seems like it could be used as a resource. What do you think would be more effective: sending a zombie after someone? Or hurling some zombie-gas Molotov cocktails at someone? If zombification is a natural process, alchemists would be doing well to harvest that gas, and if it's not, then necromancers would totally realize that zombies are more useful for their gas than their attack capabilities.

Lomax

Endless Legend crashes just infrequently enough that it almost seems like a built in "you've been playing for a while, you should get up and walk around" timer.

Accoun

Not Steam, but the Blizzcon Starcraft tournament was pretty good today. Not sure when and where the VODs are available (I'm on my tablet ATM), but Life/Taeja semis were really, really nice - especially the second map.

Hey all,

Recently I've been relocating my steam library to a separate SSD, and I noticed there's a bunch of excess game data in the library folders for things like old betas and uninstalled games that could probably stand be removed.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some simple way to do maintenance on this kind of issue (tools, options in steam, etc.)? Thanks

Jawmuncher

Finished Ghosts today as well as BF4.
Tomorrow I will finish up MOH:Warfighter.

With all of that I will be Warred out for awhile.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The Flock looks like an interesting CTF/KOTH mashup that oozes style.

Since there is zero NDA in place, I guess I can give my experience now that I've gotten a few matches in. It is on the path to being something great, much more of a rewarding Hunter vs Hunted than I got from even Evolved. Everything is pretty much in terms of absolutes - a single hit from the creatures will kill the holder, while the holder only needs to keep them lit for a half a second before they're toast. Really makes being the holder utterly nervewracking. What direction are those bastards coming from?!

There seems to be a mechanic for the holder which forces them to move or the light protecting them will go out, which is a genius way to prevent camping. Creatures are highly mobile and have a lot of ways to traverse like parkour. The extremely dark levels also give them a great idea as to where the holder is. I think one of my favorite little touches is whenever someone grabs the holder and then becomes it themselves. A massive area around the new holder will become flooded with light, vaporizing any creature too close to them. This gives them a chance to escape from where they were before getting ambushed.

It is an extremely early piece of alpha software to be sure. There's a massive frame drop bug everyone gets which is due to get patched out soon. The sound design isn't all quite there. Animations and models are rudimentary. It's really not much other than a basic set of gameplay concepts linked together to make sure they work. But I think they work very well and hope to see this one develop into something nice. Highly recommend signing up for the alpha or at least keeping an eye on it if the idea of tension-based multiplayer appeals to you.

I take back all the shit I said about Binding of Isaac, it's a damn fun game, made more fun by controller support, it plays so much better than last time I played, and it's also the first game I think were in all 7 card drops I didn't get any repeats, which is a nice change of pace.

Derp

I tried the Beyond Earth demo. Wtf am I even doing. I like the idea of the game but it seems so overwhelming.
I downloaded the Civ 5 demo yesterday and tried it out.

I've never been so confused in my life. I'm sure there's some kind of appeal. Just not for me i guess.

Looking for a confounding demo? The Last Remnant's demo lets you experience what it's really like to be the "I have no idea what I'm doing" dog.

Great game, in spite of the terrible demonstration. It's useful for seeing how the game runs... but not much else.
Sounds like something that might've hurt sales?
I downloaded the Civ 5 demo yesterday and tried it out.

I've never been so confused in my life. I'm sure there's some kind of appeal. Just not for me i guess.

I like the gameplay and had fun for a bit, but I have no clue what I'm working toward. May be too much for me.

Civ V isn't that hard to grasp if you listen to your advisers. I still have no idea how to play Crusader Kings but I'm tempted to learn for the Game of Thrones mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom