• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

my god nfs hot pursuit looks so good, the game runs super well on my 760gtx too at 3200x1800 and it's a blast to play, the environments are colorful and pretty and there seems to be day/night cycle for some courses, pretty cool stuff.

Dr Dogg

Yeah don't buy that now...
BI1I95t.png

Still I think there might be a ModBot giveaway for Borderlands 2 coming up real soon.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
my god nfs hot pursuit looks so good, the game runs super well on my 760gtx too at 3200x1800 and it's a blast to play, the environments are colorful and pretty and there seems to be day/night cycle for some courses, pretty cool stuff.

The multiplayer is a ton of fun. I got pretty frustrated with the singleplayer though as you start to get to longer and longer races (16 miles long I think) and it's frustrating to make a single mistake and botch a race that time consuming.

Anteater

The multiplayer is a ton of fun. I got pretty frustrated with the singleplayer though as you start to get to longer and longer races (16 miles long I think) and it's frustrating to make a single mistake and botch a race that time consuming.

ah yeah, some of them right now lasts like over 5-7 minutes, I've fucked up once right before the finish line, lol

Dr Dogg

ModBot[b said:
Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dr Dogg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Borderlands 2 -- MB-2968A5CC60099AD0 - Taken by Ozium. 9 entrants total.

t1415543772z1.png

Enjoy at my expense!

Is there any way to check what a key is? I may or may not have got a pre-sequel key before it was fixed. Going to give it away on modbot but it would be nice to list it as what it is.

Vuze

Is there any way to check what a key is? I may or may not have got a pre-sequel key before it was fixed. Going to give it away on modbot but it would be nice to list it as what it is.

I think you could give it to a trustworthy friend who owns both to check. Apart from that... I don't think so.

Dr Dogg

Not really you have to redeem the key. If you already own the game it will come up with the dialogue box I posted 'Product in Account' and then take you to the install screen for whatever it was. In this case I didn't own The Pre Sequel but did own Borderlands 2 so it told me I already owned what ever the key was and then the next dialogue box was to install Borderlands 2. I've never had it use the key if you have a dupe hence why I threw it to ModBot and for you folks.

Kiru

Does that actually tell you what the game is or does only tell you that you own the game already like the message Dr Dogg posted? Hmm, maybe I should just give it to him.

If you get the "Already owned" message you can click "next" to see what steam is going to install. So yeah... you get the info you want.

Spiegel

Maybe you could also know looking at this.

Borderlands CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
Borderlands 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

Does the pre-sequel serial have 5 groups of numbers/letters?

Dr Dogg

How on earth doesn't Ozium own Borderlands 2? In fact checking his profile he doesn't even own 1. Well congratz dude call it a belated B'day present.

They key I got was 3 sets of 5 characters for Blands 2.

madjoki

Borderlands 2 has keys in 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7 format too. That Steams list is incomplete.

Borderlands Pre-sequel should be exclusive in 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7 format.

Kiru

How on earth doesn't Ozium own Borderlands 2? In fact checking his profile he doesn't even own 1. Well congratz dude call it a belated B'day present.

Maybe Ozium got good taste?
I don't know if BL1 & 2 are really bland, never played them myself...

If you get the "Already owned" message you can click "next" to see what steam is going to install. So yeah... you get the info you want.

if you press next it will tell what game to install it

It'll say "You already own the product" and then prompts that said game's install option page.

D'oh, of course it would. I r dum.

Anyway, sent it to the Dr. Hopefully he can enlighten us.

It worked! Have fun, Dr Dogg.

Why doesn't steam music let you search by song title instead of just artist or album? Seems like a pretty basic common sense feature, it's pretty useless for me atm.

kafiend

Why doesn't steam music let you search by song title instead of just artist or album? Seems like a pretty basic common sense feature, it's pretty useless for me atm.

I couldn't seem to get Steams Music player to release its hold on my audio device. I had to quit Steam to allow Guitar Rig to work again. So its pretty useless all round.

Dr Dogg

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

thanks... I played the goty edition of the first one for ps3 when it was free on ps plus, was fun

No worries. BL2 is pretty lightwieght so should run decently on any PC is the last 4 or 5 years. That and now you can have 2K try and sell you gazillions of addon DLC packs!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cosmic Schwung, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Capsized -- MB-6F5C5655704319F9 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
Fractal #2 -- MB-D99743F4F6EBA95C - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon (Uplay) -- MB-B1C8702A9876697A - Taken by Jadax. 14 entrants total.
Blackwell Deception #2 -- MB-B84949DB92D992D4 - Taken by The Reloader. 5 entrants total.
Symphony -- MB-3C723BC1B7E92153 - Taken by Diedac. 3 entrants total.
Blackwell Deception -- MB-7DBC4A211551D10E - Taken by NIN90. 6 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-1126D7ECC63F4E31 - Taken by Varg. 2 entrants total.
Geneforge Saga -- MB-680F48586DB422AD - Taken by Arthea. 6 entrants total.

Nightsky -- MB-DAF4909C2DC83171 - Taken by Kagemusha. 2 entrants total.
Rochard -- MB-75D35C0CD51BCD33 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Back to the Future: The Game -- MB-85F91F87DD35A4CC - Taken by someguyinahat. 14 entrants total.
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition -- MB-603E40D9DB27D69D - Taken by SilentMatthew. 5 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-888A4D733C78301C - Taken by RVinP. 10 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-2E10C2607DAABC5E - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Incredipede -- MB-475134E20CE71889 - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.
Fractal -- MB-144A8AE362FFF64E
Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of The Baskervilles -- MB-EFEAC4649ED8A431 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 8 entrants total.
Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery Of The Persian Carpet -- MB-8AF5923F7A3ED8F7 - Taken by Milamber. 4 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-6EEE5F03F5DEEDA4
Papo & Yo -- MB-289131A7039AE16D - Taken by daisysmurf. 2 entrants total.
Machinarium -- MB-05E8AF94B1E8C976 - Taken by fspm. 3 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-4C4B1CD8F88B2258 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Dracula Origin -- MB-A25C5F3FCF5C86B3 - Taken by Natty1. 5 entrants total.
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-B3DAB2252DD5669E - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Pid -- MB-AE70EE820E23239F
Antichamber -- MB-BCB3BB4F0EDBECC8 - Taken by Falk. 2 entrants total.
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-8DEE56AA69192B51 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-17DE4DDB9FEF43AE
The Bard's Tale -- MB-4B1DA4F0C09B0A67 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-2C935AAE47858631
Cave Story Plus -- MB-18135F0104FCFBB8 - Taken by interion. 3 entrants total.

t1415549952z1.png

Ozium

No worries. BL2 is pretty lightwieght so should run decently on any PC is the last 4 or 5 years. That and now you can have 2K try and sell you gazillions of addon DLC packs!

are the DLC packs even good?

I played through them all for the original and only one or two I thought were decent...

MayMay

Banned

I played through them all for the original and only one or two I thought were decent...

One of them is reaaaalllly good, and imo the only one worth playing (Tiny Tina D&D DLC thing) - the others.. not so much.

Kiru

The original had only 4 DLCs. Borderlands 2 has 45 DLCs on Steam.... 30 of them are just skin packs though...

Dr Dogg

You know what despite owning them all on 1 & 2 I've not put too much time into them, essentially none on 2. The extra classes are quite good but I pretty much always roll Siren or Commando due to how vertaile both classes are. The Mechromancer though is meant to be a good solo class. The Tiny Tina Assault on Dragon Keep DLC gets rave feedback from folks who've played it. I'm sure someone with waaaaay more experience than me can clue you in.

Uzzy

Writing a preview of Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris without it turning into a rant about how TR2013 is the worst thing ever created is proving.. difficult.

Jawmuncher

TR2013 was a very good game, it just was not a very good TR game.

TR2013 was about as good as UC3.
Which itself was OK at best.

I didn't even care about it not being a TR game but the set pieces just to have set pieces with a story that was just bad did not help my enjoyment.

Still wish we would have gotten this.
eU82LmC.png

Jawmuncher

Yup, thanks, no more warnings on refreshing! Picture looks cool, but that is also totally unlike the Tomb Raider classic games.

Like I said I could care less about it being like older games so long as it's good.
I have said before if Dino Crisis 3 was a good game at least I wouldn't care about Dinos in Space.

dex3108

TR was a good game but they made a mistake promoting Lara sa vulnerable and scared. Transition from nice lady to killing machine was sharp and instantaneous without choice to finish levels stealthy. Also those fallings from huge heights without any major consequences didn't help too. Add to that lack of thombs and few other things TR2013 wasn't TR Reboot i wanted.

Labadal

Why is STEAM deciding to mess with my Library. I have games set to different categories like "Turn-Based", "Adventure", "ARPH" and so on, and some games are stickied to my "Favorites". In 5+ years, I have never had an issue with this. These past few weeks STEAM randomly decides to remove a lot of games from their allocated categories and it is starting to get annoying.

Is this a known bug? What's the point of categories if I keep having to reorganize my games all the time.

Why is STEAM deciding to mess with my Library. I have games set to different categories like "Turn-Based", "Adventure", "ARPH" and so on, and some games are stickied to my "Favorites". In 5+ years, I have never had an issue with this. These past few weeks STEAM randomly decides to remove a lot of games from their allocated categories and it is starting to get annoying.

Is this a known bug? What's the point of categories if I keep having to reorganize my games all the time.

I had this problem when I logged into the Steam client in other OS'. I gave up the categories after a while.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Once you've sorted your games again, back up userdata\[account id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf so you can restore your categories should the issue arise again (which it will).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom