• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just caved and bought a 970. Seemed the most extreme way I could get my hands on Assassins Creed, but hey, least I can go back to setting everything on max and running it without worrying again.

Edit: Also, its funny, I feel like we're creeping closer back to the UT/Quake era of shooters. Both Titanfall and CoD:AW feel closer to those two than anything in a long while other than Halo, which makes it all the weirder its going in the opposite direction.

Shadownet

Banned
If RotTR is more like Uncharted 2, Shadownet will end up getting a mulligan on that raffle because I won't have any interest in the game at that point.
I was sleeping, I sense someone mention me and immediately went on GAF.

I understand your opinion but Uncharted 2 is still one of my favorites ever. I mean the pacing might have some issues but I appreciate that they didn't really force you to play multiplayer. You can skip it. Unlike Mass Effect 3. IMO Uncharted is such a great series that all 3 rank extremely close for me. I honestly find it hard to prefer one to another.

Also I had to google up what "mulligan" is.. Lol

If you end up not wanting Rise of the Tomb Raider. I can alway get you something else mate.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
ROFL.
Gotta love a world where a super soldier of epic legend can't use the sights on his weapon or run anywhere...

I'm so badass I'm required to hip-fire and walk to my objectives.

I think this shows a fundamental misunderstanding of Halo gameplay. It's fine if you don't like Halo's gameplay, but you shouldn't shit on it because it isn't like every other shooter.

MUnited83

For you.
ROFL.
Gotta love a world where a super soldier of epic legend can't use the sights on his weapon or run anywhere...

I was using Steam Mover this week and it worked alright for me. Never tried Steam Tool.

You know that a "sprint" button will actually make the game slower, right? Regarding using the sights...errm....it changes the gameplay completely. I can imagine the shitstorm if a game like CS added it,

Deitus

I'm just glad that the Halo 4 killed all interest I had in the series, so I don't have to worry about how much Halo 5 is going to ruin the series.

Jawmuncher

While I love that it being 'standard' has allowed for a good many games to use xinput and the follow-on that DS3/DS4s can now easily be used with just about any game, I have no love for the 360 controller itself.

Uncharted 2 is flaming hot garbage and most definitely the worst in the series in terms of everything. The only thing it did well was refine a few of the combat mechanics... but in terms of presentation/pacing/story/etc. everything is better in 1, 3, and the Vita game not even made by Naughty Dog.

This is most likely because Uncharted 2 was unbelievably focused on adding multiplayer to the game (I still don't think it's a good fit and it just felt like a poor man's Gears that PS3 only players had to settle for). If you spend hundreds of development hours and tons of resources trying to get the multiplayer components right, it's no surprise that the campaign will be focused on gunplay and combat more than anything else...

If RotTR is more like Uncharted 2, Shadownet will end up getting a mulligan on that raffle because I won't have any interest in the game at that point.

That is what my main remark towards the 360 controller was about.
It set a actual good standard with XINPUT and has made the use of using other controllers so much easier. Plus easier to remember 360 controller prompts when using any controller versus something like Button 14.

------
Since this is the steam thread we can't get that much into uncharted but I respectfully disagree. For me UC2>UC:GA>UC1>>UC3.
To me everything you mentioned I would apply to UC3 and not UC2. Since my play through of that, is how exactly I felt. Especially the story. Sure the UC2 story was nothing to write home about, but it was better than UC3 where it felt I had missed a game inbetween 2 & 3 as well as plot points never explained. I'm still trying to figure out about those spiders and why I needed Jason Statham on my team.

But regardless of all that I was just talking about RoTTR being a big "improvement" over the original. Which when it comes to UC most people would say is the case there.

I think this shows a fundamental misunderstanding of Halo gameplay. It's fine if you don't like Halo's gameplay, but you shouldn't shit on it because it isn't like every other shooter.

Indeed. That said, I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they changed it because they wanted to make the series more "grounded" (quote-unquote) or just wanted to take a page from CoD, damn the consequences.

Is there a reason why I can't enter the equip menu in Alice Madness Returns to view the DLC dresses? I edited the config files according to PCGamingWiki and it even shows the ingame option to play the original Alice game (even though I don't own it) but I can't enter the equip option to change the dresses.

Edit: Nevermind! Downsampling the game somehow causes the mouse to only be moved in the top left area of the screen. Wtf.

MadGear

ROFL.

Well the way i look at it is that you are constantly looking down sights in these games. Its just not explicitly represented visually in the first person view or as a game mechanic. In Halo the only ones that actually look like as if they were hip firing are the Elites and Grunts but everyone else is always shown either in a ready position or actually looking down sights.
Same applies to running, its not a dedicated mechanic but a constant.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Well the way i look at it is that you are constantly looking down sights in these games. Its just not explicitly represented visually in the first person view or as a game mechanic. In Halo the only ones that actually look like as if they were hip firing are the Elites and Grunts but everyone else is always shown either in a ready position or actually looking down sights.
Same applies to running, its not a dedicated mechanic but a constant.

The helmets are linked to the guns' scopes so there's no need to look down the sights, lore-wise.

Turfster

It's called Dragon. So it's probably amazing.

"Deleting a dragon causes a game breaking bug that forces you delete and redownload everything."
"All you can do is fly around and torch 3-4 buildings."
"No actual playable content."
"This is not a game yet, it's an idea, an extremely buggy idea."
"Wow I cannot believe I paid money for this."
"I can't find any of the things listed in "current in-game features.""

zkylon

zkylewd
Paris, Texas is a good film...

I wonder if it's a zkylon film
it is!

i love wim wenders

Four words: good girls gone bad.
sounds fun

Just started playing Fallout: New Vegas for the first time. It's actually my first Fallout. I like the atmosphere a lot.
:>

good one to start with

i wholeheartly recommend you try the old ones one day

they have a pretty annoying interface but it's relatively manageable and those games are rewarding as all hell. my favorite games ever for sure

Dark Souls 2 is $28,,, oh dam it
beaten by Turfster

anyway , linky
28 isn't that bad, tho you're gonna want the dlc too since the dlc is basically the best part of dark souls 2

Grief.exe

Might be able to get Amazon, Best Buy, or Target to price match for the PC version of Call of Duty for $30. Best Buy doesn't seem to carry the PC version.

pjTDxJj.jpg

How so? Amazon's price match policy is limited to TVs and cell phones.

Did not know that.

"Deleting a dragon causes a game breaking bug that forces you delete and redownload everything."

That's my vision of an Early Access game.

r3n4ud

Hope it's not a big download lol

Anteater

Just finished call of juarez gunslinger, man the art direction is fucking great, most of the levels look cool as hell.

Game is a great arcade shooter, pretty fun stuff, will probably replay again,

Pachimari

i wholeheartly recommend you try the old ones one day

they have a pretty annoying interface but it's relatively manageable and those games are rewarding as all hell. my favorite games ever for sure

Yeah, I have the whole series on Steam, but I'm not sure I'll be able to play through the old ones.

Just finished call of juarez gunslinger, man the art direction is fucking great, most of the levels look cool as hell.

Game is a great arcade shooter, pretty fun stuff, will probably replay again,

This post makes me wanna install it right away.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I have the whole series on Steam, but I'm not sure I'll be able to play through the old ones.

well i'd say it's one of the better aged games from that generation. since you only control one character it's a lot less annoying than say planescape torment or something but it's still not great

then again new vegas isn't amazing in that regard either so i think you'll be alright :>

mannerbot

well i'd say it's one of the better aged games from that generation. since you only control one character it's a lot less annoying than say planescape torment or something but it's still not great

then again new vegas isn't amazing in that regard either so i think you'll be alright :>

Planescape: Torment is timeless, you take that back!

zkylon

zkylewd
sorry if i made it sound like i dont but i love planescape!

i just play it on easy and try to ignore it has combat. and i hate inventory management in those games :I

i do the exact same with arcanum

Dr Dogg

Oh Borderlands...

I've got to say that was probably the best opening the series has had yet... then the next mission I'm sent off to an 'area' to 'clean it out', urgh. Well baby steps still the new mechanics added seem to freshen things up a little.

Pachimari

It's not a long game, so if you have it you should play it :D

I'd recommend disabling the comic border and the letterboxing though:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Call_of_Juarez:_Gunslinger#Disable_the_hand-painted_comic_border

I just don't complete games nowadays. And a long game to me is 5 hours. But eventually I'll come around to playing it a bit. :)

Turfster

nah bruh got dat ish wishlisted tho

I am looking at it on the store and it says user reviews: mostly positive

Oh yeah, those positive reviews.
"You can currently fly under the map."
"There's fuck-alll to do."
"Nice pre-pre-alpha."
"I'm only recommending this because I don't really want to thumb it down."
"Murdering humans causes enormous lag."

Tellaerin

ROFL.

A high-tech supersoldier's going to have a reticle projected in his HUD showing him exactly what his weapon's pointed at, enabling him to fire accurately from the hip. It's the kind of tech we want to develop in the real world.

Likewise, some sort of high-tech cyborg isn't going to get winded after a short sprint. He'll probably be able to run flat out indefinitely without tiring. A speed burst is redundant when you can already run at max speed forever just by holding the stick all the way forward.

Ozium

Oh yeah, those positive reviews.
"You can currently fly under the map."
"There's fuck-alll to do."
"Nice pre-pre-alpha."
"I'm only recommending this because I don't really want to thumb it down."
"Murdering humans causes enormous lag."

and it's still better than Lair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom