• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

I said multiplayer because I don't play ANY multiplayer game, not because isn't good :p
But ehy, I liked BF3 campaign, so it wasn't so bad :(

Ah, understood. It seemed like your previous post was implying that BF3 multiplayer was boring in comparison to it's single player, which would have been a baffling claim.

For me though, the BF3 single player pissed me off, because BF games are known for their multiplayer, where the focus is large-scale warfare, which a large emphasis on vehicles, and the campaign was just nothing like that. I'm not a fan of shooter campaigns where you spend most of the game trailing behind a guy with a "follow" prompt on the screen in the first place, but it was completely unfitting for Battlefield. And the only vehicle segements in the game are basically on rails (the jet sequence is little more than an extended QTE). And what really got me was the huge number of insta death QTEs, or even worse, the segments where you were told to do a specific thing, and if you did anything different you just got a mission failed prompt. They should at least show you the consequences of your failure (get spotted and an alarm goes off and you are swarmed by enemies, fail to take out a sniper and your squad gets gunned down, etc.) instead of just saying "you failed" for not getting to the next waypoint in the exact way the game told you to.

But hey, you like the single player. That's fine. I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise. I'm sure I like plenty of games that are unpopular on GAF.

hm i do admit this place isn't as active as it used to be now that we're in community. don't get me wrong, still active, just not as active. Like before I could make a post and refresh in like 3 seconds and there would already be a new post below mines. but besides that, I'm gonna play some dead rising 3 so I'll be back later. :)

Tenrius

I didn't know you guys would care about Dragon the Game. I did a let's play of it.

It's pretty rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tBVW3pt0oA

That's putting it lightly.

Let's not forget I OF THE DRAGON, by the way.

It's a Russian game that came out in 2004, Gamespot reviewed it. I never actually played it despite meaning to and it's not on Steam, but it's pretty okay apparently.

3.jpg

hm i do admit this place isn't as active as it used to be now that we're in community. don't get me wrong, still active, just not as active. Like before I could make a post and refresh in like 3 seconds and there would already be a new post below mines. but besides that, I'm gonna play some dead rising 3 so I'll be back later. :)

It's still impossible to keep up with all the posts for me, so I didn't really notice the change.

Jawmuncher

Talking about Dragons and all I see here are terrible games.
SIMPLY TERRIBLE DRAGON GAMES.

Nothing has topped this for me
Basically Zelda/Dark Souls/Elder Scrolls with your own dragon you can ride all the time.
Such a great game. Shame sony didn't do anything with it.

Never did play the original though. Which actually was on PC.

Alan Wake it is. Democracy reigns in SteamGAF.

Thanks gents.

When will people learn? Democracy doesn't work! [/Homer Simpson]

I would have recommended Arkham City. It's bigger and better than Asylum and, when I played it not long after completing Asylum, I enjoyed it a lot and I wasn't burnt out from too much Arkham.

Khronico

I put the limit at 512 bodies before it deletes any and I didn't notice any performance difference whatsoever. Default was 1024, but I figured I didn't need quite that many.
I also made it so it almost instantly wipes out shield corpses from the maps so that i don't have to deal with the potential fuckery from too many shields downed in one place over time.

Khronico can comment on his experience too if he pops in here and sees this.

I use shadow fix mod for constant 60fps and my corpse limit is set to 300 something. I get noticeable dips to about 30 when there's 100 or more, but I'm not running a top of the line rig.

That red text hurts my eyes 0_0

When will people learn? Democracy doesn't work! [/Homer Simpson]

I would have recommended Arkham City. It's bigger and better than Asylum and, when I played it not long after completing Asylum, I enjoyed it a lot and I wasn't burnt out from too much Arkham.
I mean, I'm going to play it after I'm done Alan Wake so it's all good :)

Sini

Hi
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hack 'n' Slash -- MB-379185AEDF3FD241 - Taken by Kuroyume. 32 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-3B52E7B5C57EE23B - Taken by S1n1st3r. 14 entrants total.

t1415582353z1.png

Pakkidis

I got a random friend request from somebody I don't know. Does this happen often to people. Judging from the profile they look legit.....

I got a random friend request from somebody I don't know. Does this happen often to people. Judging from the profile they look legit.....

If it's someone who plays the same multiplayer game you do, then maybe they added you because you were in the same game. Otherwise, assume a scammer.

Monooboe

I rarely get requests on Steam, those I do get are from NeoGAF and those make me happy.:D I do however get some on battle.net and those are all spammers.o_O

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the most annoying thing about divinity is that gameplay doesn't really "stop" when the game's paused

so like if there is someone talking next to you and you alt tab they'll loop and talk and loop and talk

or a fireball or something

it's really annoying

I just watched some gameplay.
Its definitely all over the place.
That music tho. nothankyou.jpeg
the music's awesome

it's like the most unpleasant thing ever

as is the rest of the game

what with all the child killing and giant aborted fetuses and incest and mad religious nuts and all them funny businesses

Dr Dogg

I sent that email to Bish/Stump. I doubt they respond much on these matters from my previous experience:

Sounds good. One thing morningbus pointed out that just glancing at the first couple of pages of Gaming, barring the 'I Need a New PC' thread there is nothing dealing with PC gaming specifically, either an OT or info on upcoming titles.

Fake edit: Hahaha and as I say that this pops up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=928699

Which is odd because didn't a PC Racing Sims thread get moved?

I don't have a clue what on earth is going on anymore around here over the past couple of months.

Real edit: Also something I threw around in here is that if you wanted to spruce up Community and keep conversation in Gaming focused on the here and now why not move all LTTP style discussion to Community and let people know of the change with a sticky thread. I mean 'Late' is a key word in those threads and not really in line with current topics.

Tenrius

Accept it and see what's up. Even if it's a scammer (which is likely), it could be and usually is hilarious. Many Steam "scammers" are clueless kids who would ask you for games in amusing ways, the others are bots that just send you phishing links.

Tellaerin

I know I'm late to the party, but regardless of whether or not Overwatch is considered a "TF2 clone", I already infinitely prefer the setting and aesthetic in Overwatch (from what I've seen) to TF2, and that may get me to play it. I still haven't played TF2. :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Borderlands 2 -- MB-4E71B8C7295FE753 - Taken by provista. 10 entrants total.
Borderlands 2 #2 -- MB-644AF6AA8FD0B636 - Taken by RyanPierre. 10 entrants total.

t1415574973z1.png

Ezalc

Talking about Dragons and all I see here are terrible games.
SIMPLY TERRIBLE DRAGON GAMES.

Nothing has topped this for me

Basically Zelda/Dark Souls/Elder Scrolls with your own dragon you can ride all the time.
Such a great game. Shame sony didn't do anything with it.

Never did play the original though. Which actually was on PC.

Wasn't there a dragon launch game on the wii? It's supposed to be awful.

Nzyme32

We're going to get a lot of people going to ask for sale dates and if X/Y/Z will go on sale or not... best to cut that at the nip in the
bud, assume the sale will start on the 18/19th of December, point them here if all else fails.

Slightly random, but I'd guess it is the 18th and that Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zero's will launch as the highlight of the first day. I'd also make the assumption that pre-orders will start on the first day of the Autumn/Fall Sale because, why not

MRORANGE

Sounds good. One thing morningbus pointed out that just glancing at the first couple of pages of Gaming, barring the 'I Need a New PC' thread there is nothing dealing with PC gaming specifically, either an OT or info on upcoming titles.

I don't have a clue what on earth is going on anymore around here over the past couple of months.

Real edit: Also something I threw around in here is that if you wanted to spruce up Community and keep conversation in Gaming focused on the here and now why not move all LTTP style discussion to Community and let people know of the change with a sticky thread. I mean 'Late' is a key word in those threads and not really in line with current topics.

The weird thing is that new PC Racing Sims was moved to Community and then moved back to Gaming.

Overall it would make sense to move these platform threads as flagship threads into Gaming:

Steam
PSN
XBL
Nintendo Downloads
iOS
+ any others that have a large following.

we would only have less than 10 and it wouldn't detract too much from the normal conversations on GAF.

It really does feel like we have not vocal platform on the Gaming side for PC right now and honestly I won't be surprised if Gaming ends up being console-specific in conversations.

MRORANGE

Slightly random, but I'd guess it is the 18th and that Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zero's will launch as the highlight of the first day. I'd also make the assumption that pre-orders will start on the first day of the Autumn/Fall Sale because, why not

could be I just did a estimate on previous sales and that seemed the best guess.

Hopefully it's 50% it's amazingly short.

EDIT: DP, sorry.

Hugstable

Banned

oh man that PC Racing Sims thread brings back so much memories when I used to play the hell out of Live for Speed. Can't wait til Project Cars finally releases next year.

Nzyme32

The weird thing is that new PC Racing Sims was moved to Community and then moved back to Gaming.

Overall it would make sense to move these platform threads as flagship threads into Gaming:

Steam
PSN
XBL
Nintendo Downloads
iOS
+ any others that have a large following.

we would only have less than 10 and it wouldn't detract too much from the normal conversations on GAF.

It really does feel like we have not vocal platform on the Gaming side for PC right now and honestly I won't be surprised if Gaming ends up being console-specific in conversations.

I completely agree. I'd actually go as far as saying they should be stickied as they provide access to platform related news that is often very regular

Kiru

Borderlands 2 giveaways? Is it in a bundle? Pricing error?

There was a bug where some shop gave you Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Keys for purchasing Borderlands 2. It got fixed after a while, so some people got a Borderlands 2 key after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom