• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

That's impressive. 96% of the 5.5K Steam reviews of Rebirth are positive.

B2DqKNzCAAEwTCb.png:large

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Back to the splitting of the thread topic for a second.

I think this is the underlying problem: there are currently two types of people who come to the Steam thread.

1) People looking for discussion about Steam-related topics.
2) People looking for discussion about Steam-related topics and non-Steam related discussion.

The thread as it stands now works for the second group of people and that's fine -- there should be a place for that. However, the person who wants to come in here and have discussion about new features, daily deals, or games redeemable on Steam on sale elsewhere, without having to wade through "Morning SteamGaf!" posts has no place to do that.

And there isn't really a way to make those two groups meet in the middle. One group has to dominate the other and that's not particularly fair.

The suggestion that we have two separate threads of course assumes that the first group of people is significantly large enough to make that thread viable. Maybe they aren't. But I feel like there has been enough complaining about it over the past few years and enough once-regular posters lost to possibly populate that type of thread.

It isn't so much about getting ourselves out of community as it is about having versions of the thread that work for everyone.

Toki767

I just noticed we moved to Community. If we're in Community now, do we still require monthly threads? Couldn't we just go back to counting regularly?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just noticed we moved to Community. If we're in Community now, do we still require monthly threads? Couldn't we just go back to counting regularly?

wrestling OT is in community and its monthly

you should know this toki! Shibata judges you!

Back to the splitting of the thread topic for a second.

I think this is the underlying problem: there are currently two types of people who come to the Steam thread.

1) People looking for discussion about Steam-related topics.
2) People looking for discussion about Steam-related topics and non-Steam related discussion.

The thread as it stands now works for the second group of people and that's fine -- there should be a place for that. However, the person who wants to come in here and have discussion about new features, daily deals, or games redeemable on Steam on sale elsewhere, without having to wade through "Morning SteamGaf!" posts has no place to do that.

And there isn't really a way to make those two groups meet in the middle. One group has to dominate the other and that's not particularly fair.

The suggestion that we have two separate threads of course assumes that the first group of people is significantly large enough to make that thread viable. Maybe they aren't. But I feel like there has been enough complaining about it over the past few years and enough once-regular posters lost to possibly populate that type of thread.

It isn't so much about getting ourselves out of community as it is about having versions of the thread that work for everyone.
how do i show support for a #1

Ozium

Here's hoping for some good weekly deals in about 12 hours, some good bundles this week as well... if not I'm holding Turfster personally responsible

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Valve time.
They stopped doing GL updates 3 months ago, and just GL games randomly now.

I'd like to think that there's just one guy at Valve that remembers greenlight's existence, and he just throws whatever he likes under the greenlit section. Gabe doesn't even care.

I feel like there's not enough appreciation for the thread banners.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows though.
e984613266.jpg

Port officially ruined.

I'm playing on my 2DS until Valkyria unlocks. I wonder if I can sign up for club nintendo US even though I'm not there.

I mean, it should work if you have access to a US address.

FoneBone

no, they should've just made the encounters more varied and interesting

the core flashlight concept is cool and the dodging mechanic is great, it's just that it gets tiring to fight against "mob of dudes with hatchets" a million times.

the mechanics are actually really good

That's pretty much how I felt. With more variety in enemy types/behavior it could've been something very good, but I wound up giving up around halfway through. Was bored out of my mind.

Ozium

haha 2 years later INTO THE DARK: Ultimate Trash Edition gets an update that includes an option menu that lets you change your use key from Enter to something else without editing the settings.ini file...

they also improved graphics performance and memory consumption

biggest news tho: improved ragdolling on zombie hookers

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=266050

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's a bingo.

screw your Unity profile, Nvidia needs to focus on the important November release, and it aint another sequel to a damn Ass Creed game!

...its another sequel to a damn Dragon Age game >_>

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I used a NY address. I'm just wondering if getting the club nintendo registration starts sending that NY address my newsletters of rewards or something.

Club Nintendo basically does nothing with the address you give unless you decide to get a physical reward, or happen to mention that you don't currently live in the US in an email to Nintendo's support.

Rhaknar

the lack of south americans when you need one is troubling. I bet if I needed an australian I would have no problems finding one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom