• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I'll take whatever I can get. Two community threads is fine by me, just keep the spam in this thread. I think most of us realized early on that we couldn't fix this thread, so we just gave up.

but you can't enforce such rules if both threads are in community (><)
I'm for split, but I try to understand those people that aren't. I think it's sorta mean of us complain all the time about how this thread is going about, that's why I stopped. It's impossible to make all happy, we should take least damaging route, or try to, at least. Condescending is heavy in this thread again, what's making things even worse, imo.

Anteater

there aren't any mods for alpha protocol are there

faceqfuyu.jpg

I barely see you post on here toll recently but I'm having a hard time understanding if you reaply understanding what you're reading.

No one is hiding information and deals in an off-site group aka if we make a SteamGAF group. I said, if we were going to do that. Deals and Price Glitches will be cross post here, which shouldn't be that hard even for the laziest people in the world. Same thing with big news like VC is coming to Steam, etc.

The big point of having that SteamGAF group is for the people who keep complaining that they have to go through pages to find a deal, now they don't have to! They can find out either on here or on that group. This way we can keep THIS steam thread together and there won't be any splitting.

I used to post in here a lot back in the day, but stopped due to the off-topic 'banter' - not that should make a difference regarding my opinion (though perhaps says a lot about the community at the moment). What you're suggesting is that the focus of News and Deals be taken off-site to a Steam Group that people have to ask to join. Sure it'll be cross posted in the Steam Community thread, but will be lost in the shuffle off off topic 'banter' (which I'm guessing will increase because 'Hey check the steam group if you want news').

Really it should be the other way around. If you like the personalities in here, you should really befriend them on Steam and perhaps have a group you can chat about daily stuff. Hell I do that now.

I made friends with various people from Steam Community over the years and most of us hang out in a big Steam Chat Group and talk all the time - MetalMurph, Doc Shananigans, Jaja, Xelios, almostheathen, Priit, Mav, Dunder, Steel, Dice, Chuck, golem, grav, Knight, and so on we chat about games, life, and joke constantly. Now imagine we did that in here and added to the off-topic 'banter' rotation, this place would become even more of a mess. However, we know the place for it and keep it within the Steam Group. If we see Gaming news and Deals we like we drop a link the group chat and everyone knows about it. Simple and it works well.

The way you're suggesting is something that would work for YOU. Those who want news go 'off-site' so they find it straight away and you get to keep your friendship groups within Steam Community thread. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, I don't know.

There's a flipside to that coin. I've seen only a handful of people trying to argue that the thread needs to be split, and not really giving any compelling reasons for it.

Look, it sounds like all you want to do is create drama. If I'm not mistaken, you already ignored Jase through the message board functions. There's nothing stopping you from doing the same thing if "4-5 people" really bother you that much.

That's because a lot of them have gave up on this Community ever changing to be blunt. Of course, my opinion differs from yours so naturally I'm trying to create drama. Of course.

Ban Puncher

It's 12:15am 11th of November, why can't I play my copy of Valkyria Chronicles?

This is some bullshit. The world needs to run on Swatch Internet Time or something.

That's because a lot of them have gave up on this Community ever changing to be blunt.

You're using the move to Community and the lower visibility as a smokescreen to justify that some shadow 'faction' of users have given up on the Steam thread.

I've been here for just over a year - I have never seen the individuals you speak of claim that they left SteamGAF due to off-topic banter or otherwise, and two days ago was the first I heard of such a thing (largely due to you running into the topic and starting an argument for little reason).

I used to post in here a lot back in the day, but stopped due to the off-topic 'banter' - not that should make a difference regarding my opinion (though perhaps says a lot about the community at the moment).

What you're suggesting is that the focus of News and Deals be taken off-site to a Steam Group that people have to ask to join. Sure it'll be cross posted in the Steam Community thread, but will be lost in the shuffle off off topic 'banter' (which I'm guessing will increase because 'Hey check the steam group if you want news').

Really it should be the other way around. If you like the personalities in here, you should really befriend them on Steam and perhaps have a group you can chat about daily stuff. Hell I do that now.

You're missing a key point. SteamGAF is a landing page for a lot of people, and those people are already friends on GAF and Steam. For better or worse, this is the page people go to when they want to post deals, discuss them or anything in between.

As I said previously, if you have a problem with the odd off-topic tangents, either ignore the person who does it or skim through it. They don't take up the majority of the topics, and to claim otherwise is silly.

If anything, this whole "should we or shouldn't we" discussion is itself an off-topic tangent.

Yo yo good morning my hoes. Still haven't won a ps4 from taco bell(don't expect to win either D:) so my morning is full of disappointment. How is everyone else doing?

You're using the move to Community and the lower visibility as a smokescreen to justify that some shadow 'faction' of users have given up on the Steam thread.

Not really, Community is being used as a sense of us as a collective. What is your preferred collective noun to be used to signify what we are?

You're missing a key point. SteamGAF is a landing page for a lot of people, and those people are already friends on GAF and Steam. For better or worse, this is the page people go to when they want to post deals, discuss them or anything in between.

As I said previously, if you have a problem with the odd off-topic tangents, either ignore the person who does it or skim through it. They don't take up the majority of the topics, and to claim otherwise is silly.

If anything, this whole "should we or shouldn't we" discussion is itself an off-topic tangent.

Interesting.

You see I remember this being a slower, more focused place. I haven't posted in here half as much as I used to over the last year because of how inconcise the flow of information was. You're saying 'Skim', but when you find yourself skimming through a page or two of a back and forth over cars, anime, avatars, favourite movies, deserts or whatever it is that people have decided to talk about at the time you start wondering 'Why do I even bother'. That's why people rarely check out this 'landing pad'.
I'm guessing this is the reason one of the greatest sources of information and opinion rarely posts here anymore and created their own thread for Indie Games.

Like many a time this has been discussed before, it's already starting to be 'dismissed' as off-topic off-topic as I'm guessing if we DO discuss it more people might speak up against the current trend within the 'community'. I'd also like this conversation to continue without people throwing allegations of 'creating drama' and 'trolling' too, as it doesn't help anything at all.

Not really, Community is being used as a sense of us as a collective. What is your preferred collective noun to be used to signify what we are?

What noun I want to use is irrelevant. If we're a collective and things are working (more or less), there's little reason to justify segmenting in for no discernible purpose. No one's really given a valid reason beyond "I hate reading off-topic stuff" (even though it's the minority of the posts) or "well, maybe we should see how it works" (ignoring that the community has functioned perfectly fine for months on end with no drama until now).

Like I said, practice what you preach. If you have a problem with "4-5 people", ignore them and move on.

You see I remember this being a slower, more focused place. I haven't posted in here half as much as I used to over the last year because of how inconcise the flow of information was. You're saying 'Skim', but when you find yourself skimming through a page or two of a back and forth over cars, anime, avatars, favourite movies, deserts or whatever it is that people have decided to talk about at the time you start wondering 'Why do I even bother'. That's why people rarely check out this 'landing pad'.
I'm guessing this is the reason one of the greatest sources of information and opinion rarely posts here anymore and created their own thread for Indie Games.

Like many a time this has been discussed before, it's already starting to be 'dismissed' as off-topic off-topic as I'm guessing if we DO discuss it more people might speak up against the current trend within the 'community'. I'd also like this conversation to continue without people throwing allegations of 'creating drama' and 'trolling' too, as it doesn't help anything at all.

Look, I'm not going to continue editing my post if you're going to add responses after the fact.

Again, you keep presuming to speak for this magical "segment" of users who apparently abandoned the topic, and yet never spoke up for it when they left.

At this point, all you're doing is threadshitting.

MUnited83

For you.
I used to post in here a lot back in the day, but stopped due to the off-topic 'banter' - not that should make a difference regarding my opinion (though perhaps says a lot about the community at the moment). What you're suggesting is that the focus of News and Deals be taken off-site to a Steam Group that people have to ask to join. Sure it'll be cross posted in the Steam Community thread, but will be lost in the shuffle off off topic 'banter' (which I'm guessing will increase because 'Hey check the steam group if you want news').

I made friends with various people from Steam Community over the years and most of us hang out in a big Steam Chat Group and talk all the time - MetalMurph, Doc Shananigans, Jaja, Xelios, almostheathen, Priit, Mav, Dunder, Steel, Dice, Chuck, golem, grav, Knight, and so on we chat about games, life, and joke constantly. Now imagine we did that in here and added to the off-topic 'banter' rotation, this place would become even more of a mess. However, we know the place for it and keep it within the Steam Group. If we see Gaming news and Deals we like we drop a link the group chat and everyone knows about it. Simple and it works well.

The way you're suggesting is something that would work for YOU. Those who want news go 'off-site' so they find it straight away and you get to keep your friendship groups within Steam Community thread. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, I don't know.

That's because a lot of them have gave up on this Community ever changing to be blunt. Of course, my opinion differs from yours so naturally I'm trying to create drama. Of course.

You read his post wrong. He is not sugesting a Steam group for news, he's saying the opposite. He's saying that all news and deals and etc are posted here on the thread, it's not like they are hidden away on a steam group.

Coreda

As far as splitting the thread goes, go ahead and push for it if you think that's going to help things, but I can guarantee you it'll be the death knell for both threads.

Eh, I'm not against having such a thread (or Steam group), and I doubt it would 'die out' as it's not meant to split the community but rather be a one-stop collection of most relevant info.

The idea seems to be to create a simple thread purely of deals, releases, Steam news, and possibly game reviews/longer impressions. I don't expect it would take the place of regular discussion but rather a thread for users to post Steam related info in a more consolidated form, while the regular thread would see the general/everyday Steam discussion, 'hey I just bought this' and technical questions as it is already.

Tizoc

I just apprised myself of the recent news that Apotheon will hit at some point in January. I hope AssCreed Rogue doesn't get in the way.

Edit: Here is Far Cry 4's map. Don't click if you'd rather unveil it all for yourself.

Image doesn't open at work, but does it show 100s of icons for the collectables?

Man hope VC1 does well enough for SEGA to bring Yakuza 1+2 HD to steam and it'll be the new home for Kiryu. I miss this series so much but am too lazy to replay 4 on my PS3 =_=

No one's really given a valid reason .

People have gave a reason; Dr. Dogg and Steve have both mentioned the off-topic banter can sometimes cause useful bits of information or opinion to be missed. This is something I agree with too, to be honest.

You read his post wrong. He is not sugesting a Steam group for news, he's saying the opposite. He's saying that all news and deals and etc are posted here on the thread, it's not like they are hidden away on a steam group.

I'll read it again then, as it seemed like the Steam Group would be used for announcements for deals and news (x-posted to Steam Community Thread) while the thread continues to be as it is now (mix of news and off-topic).

Shadownet

Banned

I'm not saying not seeing you post meant your posts doesn't mean anything. Just saying that I haven't seen you post till recently so I really don't understand if youre just not understanding what other people are saying since the beginning of time or is this just happening now. Your posts mean as much as the next person in this thread. No more no less.

Honestly you seem to often twist things the wrong way to suit your argument.

My suggestion doesn't suit only ME. As other people have found valid reasoning behind my idea. Sure it may not being the be all, end all solution but its not something that only I found that might be another option we can explore.

You like to think the people that go OT as some sort of small percentage, and that speak volume about what you think of us. That we're just a small group of people that should be driven off-site with our OT talk EVEN though we have managed to be more responsible and considerate.

People have gave a reason; Dr. Dogg and Steve have both mentioned the off-topic banter can sometimes cause useful bits of information or opinion to be missed. This is something I agree with too, to be honest.

That was solved on the main gaming side by having people constantly scrolling through and reposting deals in the event that it was initially missed. Likewise, when a deal is posted, the focus almost always goes to discussion of said deal.

If you were here with any regularity, you'd already know that.

Stop recommending the bloody newsfeed! It's not the same as the abundance of news posted in here. Just go read it and see how it compares to what's posted in the Steam thread now. Most of it for a good reason. Where did we all hear Valkyria Chronicles was releasing? How did we all find out the Dark Souls patch was in the works? Think about it folks, please.

I'm with the doctor on this one. The newsthread is usually brutally behind 'actual news' and shouldn't be trusted to be consistently updated. Especially when most of the 'breaking news' is from other sources.

And SteveWinwood telling other people that they need to stop discussing anything but what he's personally interested in "because [he has] a job" and can't be arsed to skim over posts to find what he cares about struck me as obnoxiously self-important. It sounds almost like he sees the other people here as some sort of unpaid interns whose only interest should be posting content he wants to read, so I replied in kind. Maybe my post was dismissive, but so was "95 percent of it is offtopic circle jerk crap im glad you guys enjoy it but not everyone cares what you had for dinner".

you air quoted him having a job? the fuck? asking people to skim over 10k posts is asinine and ridiculous.

Edit: Here is Far Cry 4's map. Don't click if you'd rather unveil it all for yourself.

That looks quite similar to FC3's map....

As I said in the last page. If its possible. I rather keep things the way it is. No splitting up, etc. If people don't know what "skimming posts" is, then you only have yourself to blame. Its not that hard to do. When this thread was 10-20 pages a day, I just skim through it all until I see something interesting.

Seriously. asking someone to skim 10-20 pages a days is crazy. Who has time for that shit.

Yo yo good morning my hoes. Still haven't won a ps4 from taco bell(don't expect to win either D:) so my morning is full of disappointment. How is everyone else doing?

This post could not have come at a worse time.

Arthea

Image doesn't open at work, but does it show 100s of icons for the collectables?

Man hope VC1 does well enough for SEGA to bring Yakuza 1+2 HD to steam and it'll be the new home for Kiryu. I miss this series so much but am too lazy to replay 4 on my PS3 =_=

That's too good to be true. We should have specifically asked for and for Yakuza and for RoF, we didn't. As far as Sega is aware, we want VC, Vanquish and Bayo for now.

That was solved on the main gaming side by having people constantly scrolling through and reposting deals in the event that it was initially missed. Likewise, when a deal is posted, the focus almost always goes to discussion of said deal.

If you were here with any regularity, you'd already know that.

Right, so people have to keep reposting information so it's not missed due to all the off-topic stuff. I can appreciate why you might be happy with the off-topic part of the community, but I can't understand why you can't appreciate it from the point of view from those who aren't.

At this point, all you're doing is threadshitting.

Why post this? We're having a discussion, it's clear you don't agree with me, but I don't see the point to throw this kind of remark around. It helps no one.

Milamber

You beat V&#783;&#769;&#784;&#875;&#783;&#870;&#829;&#778;&#820;&#841;&#845;&#839;&#797;&#805;&#857; &#842;&#849;&#863;&#861;&#826;&#841;&#792;&#857;&#804;&#846;O&#838;&#879;&#870;&#780;&#833;&#827;&#790;&#811;&#857; &#786;&#779;&#771;&#836;&#820;&#860;&#866;&#811;&#792;&#841;&#845;&#839;&#804;L&#794;&#784;&#773;&#768;&#783;&#771;&#842;&#832;&#804;&#809;&#837;&#805;&#858;&#841; &#781;&#843;&#879;&#875;&#844;&#784;&#783;&#870;&#879;&#802;&#808;&#851;&#817;D&#774;&#868;&#844;&#865;&#823;&#812;&#857; &#783;&#874;&#787;&#772;&#778;&#794;&#843;&#838;&#835;&#808;&#789;&#839;&#790;&#811;&#828;&#840;&#817;&#857;&#814;E&#769;&#866;&#792;&#817;&#846;&#817;&#826; &#784;&#877;&#794;&#822;&#808;&#820;&#819;&#812;&#817;&#812;&#852;&#818;&#804;&#792;M&#868;&#778;&#769;&#783;&#775;&#768;&#775;&#794;&#783;&#821;&#861;&#811;&#796;&#811; &#785;&#781;&#779;&#788;&#776;&#787;&#860;&#827;&#791;&#809;&#853;&#800;&#857;&#813;O&#838;&#877;&#869;&#838;&#844;&#801;&#790;&#809;&#806;&#806;&#813;&#800;&#846; &#777;&#779;&#801;&#789;&#827;&#814;&#818;&#804;&#857;&#796;&#827;&#791;R&#877;&#877;&#806;&#846;&#816;&#854; &#878;&#777;&#870;&#848;&#834;&#859;&#776;&#795;&#795;&#791;&#858;&#800;&#812;&#803;&#854;T&#843;&#859;&#786;&#783;&#769;&#831;&#770;&#776;&#861;&#866;&#796;&#828; &#787;&#768;&#775;&#877;&#820;&#811;&#798;&#852;&#813;&#791;&#804;&#857;&#817;?&#842;&#823;&#802;&#863;&#800;&#837;&#796;&#805;&#814;&#806;&#845;

Why post this? We're having a discussion, it's clear you don't agree with me, but I don't see the point to throw this kind of remark around. It helps no one.

We are. Saying that you're threadshitting doesn't invalidate my point - that you came in here with an express purpose and haven't bothered to justify your remarks much beyond needless accusations (just like you did two days ago). Like I said, if you were here with regularity, you'd know the ebb and flow of the topic as it normally runs.

We can sit here going back and forth, but I think you get my point. Anyway, I'm off to work.

Tellaerin

you air quoted him having a job? the fuck? asking people to skim over 10k posts is asinine and ridiculous.

Is he the only person reading this thread who has a job? Nobody else has a life? Is anyone else pointedly reminding people that they have a job as grounds for the thread to be revised and/or other people to change their posting habits?

We are. Saying that you're threadshitting doesn't invalidate my point - that you came in here with an express purpose and haven't bothered to justify your remarks much beyond needless accusations (just like you did two days ago). Like I said, if you were here with regularity, you'd know the ebb and flow of the topic as it normally runs.

We can sit here going back and forth, but I think you get my point. Anyway, I'm off to work.

Well, I'd like to think I've gave reasons in the paragraphs I've posted. It's not as if I've came in here and said you all suck over and over again. We don't agree about it, but at no point have I decided to leave the discussion and start personal attacks and insults, but whatever.

if5hA2BSCR2ZL.gif

There was off-topic banter back in the day. The difference was that it was worth reading.

There's off-topic banter in other community threads I'm in, and it's fine too as it's always nearly based around computer games or whatever the community's focus is (such as wrestling and football/soccer for example). It just works. Is the banter something the majority will appreciate and join, or is it exclusive to a handful of people... The filter doesn't seem to be there at times. Hard to explain, I guess.

Derp

You beat V&#783;&#769;&#784;&#875;&#783;&#870;&#829;&#778;&#820;&#841;&#845;&#839;&#797;&#805;&#857; &#842;&#849;&#863;&#861;&#826;&#841;&#792;&#857;&#804;&#846;O&#838;&#879;&#870;&#780;&#833;&#827;&#790;&#811;&#857; &#786;&#779;&#771;&#836;&#820;&#860;&#866;&#811;&#792;&#841;&#845;&#839;&#804;L&#794;&#784;&#773;&#768;&#783;&#771;&#842;&#832;&#804;&#809;&#837;&#805;&#858;&#841; &#781;&#843;&#879;&#875;&#844;&#784;&#783;&#870;&#879;&#802;&#808;&#851;&#817;D&#774;&#868;&#844;&#865;&#823;&#812;&#857; &#783;&#874;&#787;&#772;&#778;&#794;&#843;&#838;&#835;&#808;&#789;&#839;&#790;&#811;&#828;&#840;&#817;&#857;&#814;E&#769;&#866;&#792;&#817;&#846;&#817;&#826; &#784;&#877;&#794;&#822;&#808;&#820;&#819;&#812;&#817;&#812;&#852;&#818;&#804;&#792;M&#868;&#778;&#769;&#783;&#775;&#768;&#775;&#794;&#783;&#821;&#861;&#811;&#796;&#811; &#785;&#781;&#779;&#788;&#776;&#787;&#860;&#827;&#791;&#809;&#853;&#800;&#857;&#813;O&#838;&#877;&#869;&#838;&#844;&#801;&#790;&#809;&#806;&#806;&#813;&#800;&#846; &#777;&#779;&#801;&#789;&#827;&#814;&#818;&#804;&#857;&#796;&#827;&#791;R&#877;&#877;&#806;&#846;&#816;&#854; &#878;&#777;&#870;&#848;&#834;&#859;&#776;&#795;&#795;&#791;&#858;&#800;&#812;&#803;&#854;T&#843;&#859;&#786;&#783;&#769;&#831;&#770;&#776;&#861;&#866;&#796;&#828; &#787;&#768;&#775;&#877;&#820;&#811;&#798;&#852;&#813;&#791;&#804;&#857;&#817;?&#842;&#823;&#802;&#863;&#800;&#837;&#796;&#805;&#814;&#806;&#845;
Voldemort Stig!

Well, I'd like to think I've gave reasons in the paragraphs I've posted. It's not as if I've came in here and said you all suck over and over again. We don't agree about it, but at no point have I decided to leave the discussion and start personal attacks and insults, but whatever.

Mr. Luchador.

If I wanted to personally insult or attack you, you would know very clearly when/if I do so. "Threadshitting" is a statement meant to reflect that someone's getting away from the thread and needlessly bringing up pointless arguments. It is not a reflection on the poster's personal character.

Tizoc

Just the animal, outpost/fortress, radio tower and "important location" icons.

Like Elephant locations so I can ride them and wreck havoc.

That's too good to be true. We should have specifically asked for and for Yakuza and for RoF, we didn't. As far as Sega is aware, we want VC, Vanquish and Bayo for now.

Those games'd be cool. and I can wait for them to take the next step.
Baby steps.

r3n4ud

I just have one question - where's the moderation in this thread? It'd be nice for one of them to voice their opinion on the matter.

All the OT stuff should have been moderated long ago. I mean, I'm no better as I've posted OT stuff in here as well, but mods have to step on when things get out of hand.

Shadownet

Banned
Is he the only person reading this thread who has a job? Nobody else has a life? Is anyone else pointedly reminding people that they have a job as grounds for the thread to be revised and/or other people to change their posting habits?

I think the "I have a job and don't have time to shift through 10-20 pages" is a poor reason to use.

What if that 10-20 pages weren't actually of OT stuff? What if they were all about Lego games? (Valve decided to team up and make a Half Life Lego game)

Would people still use that excuse to say they dont wanna read 10-20 pages about Lego stuff? "So please stop talking about it. Thanks."

Let be real, the people who are actively complaining just dislike OT stuff in this thread, so the use of the "I have a job" reason is just to justify that they don't like OT talk when it could be easily replace by other stuff they don't care about and they'll probably will still complain about having to read 10-20 pages of it.

I have no interest in racing games but if GAF spend 10 pages talking about it, then I'll just skim through it until the talk slowly die down and resume reading as normal.

Mr. Luchador.

If I wanted to personally insult or attack you, you would know very clearly when/if I do so. "Threadshitting" is a statement meant to reflect that someone's getting away from the thread and needlessly bringing up pointless arguments. It is not a reflection on the poster's personal character.

We're discussing off-topic banter and the effect it has on the Steam Community thread, within that discussion we've mentioned the pros and cons of the Steam Group idea, why the banter isn't ideal for everyone, and attempted to offer the perspective of someone who doesn't totally enjoy the off-topic banter.

Please explain to me how this is threadshitting.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just have one question - where's the moderation in this thread? It'd be nice for one of them to voice their opinion on the matter.

All the OT stuff should have been moderated long ago. I mean, I'm no better as I've posted OT stuff in here as well, but mods have to step on when things get out of hand.

We lost Stump to the West Coast void. He picked the wrong coast.

I think the "I have a job and don't have time to shift through 10-20 pages" is a poor reason to use.

What if that 10-20 pages weren't actually of OT stuff? What if they were all about Lego games? (Valve decided to team up and make a Half Life Lego game)

Would people still use that excuse to say they dont wanna read 10-20 pages about Lego stuff? "So please stop talking about it. Thanks."

Let be real, the people who are actively complaining just dislike OT stuff in this thread, so the use of the "I have a job" reason is just to justify that they don't like OT talk when it could be easily replace by other stuff they don't care about and they'll probably will still complain about having to read 10-20 pages through stuff.

I have no interest in racing games but if GAF spend 10 pages talking about it, then I'll just skim through it until the talk slowly die down and resume reading as normal.

That's the issue though - out of the two what would you rather wade through pages of:

Lego Game discussion or pictures and back and forth banter about an actor/actress/cars/anime/ducks/cake?

For me there's more chance to take something useful and learn something interesting about a computer game from the Lego Game discussion than the off-topic banter. Lego Games might not be my thing (they are!), but seeing people talking about them might peek my interest in the series, or it might a new franchise coming out that I wasn't aware of 9Lego Muppets please).

We're discussing off-topic banter and the effect it has on the Steam Community thread, within that discussion we've mentioned the pros and cons of the Steam Group idea, why the banter isn't ideal for everyone, and attempted to offer the perspective of someone who doesn't totally enjoy the off-topic banter.

Please explain to me how this is threadshitting.

I already did. If you still can't understand how (much as you did two days ago), I'll reiterate the same thing I said then. Take a step back from the computer and go get some air. I have to be off now.

I'm still enjoying FF13, but my god is Hope fucking mopey. I think I'm getting slightly better at the combat.

I think we read his post differently.....

Arthea

I've never heard of this game before, but I just finished watching the trailer and it seems pretty interesting. I love ancient greece :)

I'm not very fond of artstyle for some reason. Too stylized for a game, perhaps? I need to know much more to make any decision though.

In other news I'm 1 game short of 1.8K games, and I feel the itch to buy something, I blame Jasec.

I'm still enjoying FF13, but my god is Hope fucking mopey. I think I'm getting slightly better at the combat.

I think we read his post differently.....

I'm with you, even if I understand why Hope is as he is, being a kid that lost his mother and all that, he still annoys the hell out of me.

Shadownet

Banned
That's the issue though - out of the two what would you rather wade through pages of:

Lego Game discussion or pictures and back and forth banter about an actor/actress/cars/anime/ducks/cake?
To be honest I'm completely fine with both IF I have to read every single post. But as someone actually came in July and know how bad it can get. I rather only have 1-2 pages on either topic, not 10-20 pages like it was back then.

Heck I'm perfectly fine if SteamGAF spend 1-2 pages talking about racing games, because I'm sure I'll find something interesting to read. Then again I'm an open person to new things. I picked up BlazeBlue recently and I hate fighting games. I won't mind giving it a try.

I already did. If you still can't understand how (much as you did two days ago), I'll reiterate the same thing I said then. Take a step back from the computer and go get some air. I have to be off now.

Oh, I didn't see it. Please PM me with the explanation, as I'm still none of the wiser. Our public relations aren't the best here.

To be honest I'm completely fine with both IF I have to read every single post. But as someone actually came in July and know how bad it can get. I rather only have 1-2 pages on either topic, not 10-20 pages like it was back then.

Heck I'm perfectly fine if SteamGAF spend 1-2 pages talking about racing games, because I'm sure I'll find something interesting to read. Then again I'm an open person to new things. I picked up BlazeBlue recently and I hate fighting games. I won't mind giving it a try.

Right, so at least you understand that there are people who aren't happy or can appreciate the off-topic banter flooding the course of the discussion. That's the bit I find perplexing - I can understand people are happy with the Off-Topic Banter, but those who are happy with it don't seem to care and have no time for the people who don't appreciate it. Their solutions seem to be:

Go else where
Put them all on ignore
Stop complaining

I guess the truth is this community has changed a lot and possibly too much for it be how I remember it (maybe that's the issue).

Dr Dogg

I think I'm going to go sit in the corner of the Uplay thread comforting myself by rocking back and forth saying 'It's ok, it's ok, it's ok' over and over again. Sorry if I've not responded to anyone don't take it as me ignoring you but I've got a lot on today.

Oh the irony. Just like the combat Hope gets better at about Chapter 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom