• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derp

GMG has it in their VIP section for $42 and ~$65 for the standard and gold editions respectively (which normally cost $60 and $90). Downside is you get a uplay key.
Stupid Uplay.

How many of you guys care whether the key is for Uplay or Steam? You still need Uplay regardless right?

Why the hell do they do this?! I hate the platform with a passion. I can tolerate Origin though...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I started Grid 2 on PS3, I really need to get back to it on PC. I have no dlcs, I think. Are they needed?
Dirts unfortunately are out of the question, because of GFWL

Not really. The new tracks they added aren't incorporated into the career mode and don't have career modes of their own. They added a lot of cars, but I never had a race where I couldn't pick a visually appealing one out of the basic selection.

Aaron D.

. said:
RB1Klka.jpg

Currently $35 on Steam. If this thing were $20 or so, I'd be playing it right now.

Looks pretty comprehensive in scope though (14K airports, 100 real airlines/schedules, etc.) so I can dig the current price tag.

Is Grid 2 more arcade-ish? I thought the first one skewed more toward the sim side, and I assumed the sequel would be the same. Since you reminded me, I also have NFS: Hot Pursuit (edited my earlier post - I took a break from that one thanks to one of those "get the car to the finish line without scratching it" timed races that I was getting irritated with, but I'll probably go back to it sooner or later), and Test Drive Unlimited 2, which was seriously janky but fun, up until the day when it spontaneously decided it wouldn't run anymore and nothing seemed to fix it. >_<

I'll have to take a look at Bang Bang Racing - I have it in my library, so I'm assuming it was in a bundle somewhere, but I've never actually downloaded it.
GRID 2 has no cockpit view, go figure.
Stupid Uplay.

How many of you guys care whether the key is for Uplay or Steam? You still need Uplay regardless right?

Why the hell do they do this?! I hate the platform with a passion. I can tolerate Origin though...
I care, it's the only reason I didn't jump on cheap Origin copies. I do own Black Flag on Uplay, but that came with my graphics card.

Arthea

Is Grid 2 more arcade-ish? I thought the first one skewed more toward the sim side, and I assumed the sequel would be the same. Since you reminded me, I also have NFS: Hot Pursuit (edited my earlier post - I took a break from that one thanks to one of those "get the car to the finish line without scratching it" timed races that I was getting irritated with, but I'll probably go back to it sooner or later), and Test Drive Unlimited 2, which was seriously janky but fun, up until the day when it spontaneously decided it wouldn't run anymore and nothing seemed to fix it. >_<

It is arcadeish, yes, not really a sim.
I edited my post, but in case you haven't seen it, we both need to play Gas Guzzlers Extreme!

Also available for about 23€ in the Origin India Store.

Yikes. Kind of embarrassing for an Indian to forget to mention that option :p

Stupid Uplay.

Yea, I paid the premium for a Steam copy of the game. Not a financially wise move since I could get a uplay copy for less than half that price locally. But uplay...

Ban Puncher

They do.

And this is the best version of WE/PES ever made.

Shackled to the PS2 but works like a charm in PCSX2. Modding has become a pain as the series goes on and each .bin file for textures is encrypted differently each release and the files need to be exactly the same size in dimensions and storeage so take some careful management.

I think all in all it's down to licensing outside the region but yeah I'd love them to just do one release for everywhere. Truth be told it's been 4 years since a J League version has appeared and while the PS360 version carried on all the J League versions stayed on PS2. That might be another reason why they never make it out of Japan. Thank christ for easy importing.

The J-League is in the Japanese version of PES (ie Winning Eleven) and Konami even used to make J-League-centric games as you previously linked. However, they still have the exclusive video game license for the league which is why it doesn't appear in FIFA (or even the Japanese national squad). I'm only guessing they don't include it in the western release of Pro Evolution Football because they feel ponying up more money to the J-League for a worldwide license wouldn't be cost effective.

At least we get four Japanese clubs for the AFC Champions League but I'd like to see the full J-League in a future PES release.

XShagrath

I just started playing GRID Autosport this morning. Only went through one race, so don't have a real feel for it yet. I played a bit of GRID 2 earlier this year as well.

One thing that bugs me is how low to the ground their "first-person" mode is. It's the view I prefer most in racing games, but this one feels like the camera is mounted underneath the bumper. Anyone know if that's something you can edit in an ini file somewhere and move the camera up about 2 feet?

Currently $35 on Steam. If this thing were $20 or so, I'd be playing it right now.

Looks pretty comprehensive in scope though (14K airports, 100 real airlines/schedules, etc.) so I can dig the current price tag.

Not going to lie, this is what I was hoping Airport Simulator was going to be, kinda. I'd really like a full blown Airport Simulator though.

Derp

I care, it's the only reason I didn't jump on cheap Origin copies. I do own Black Flag on Uplay, but that came with my graphics card.

Yea, I paid the premium for a Steam copy of the game. Not a financially wise move since I could get a uplay copy for less than half that price locally. But uplay...
Welp... Guess I'm not buying it at all. I either pay $75 USD (because screwing over Australians is fun, amirite?), or I use your goddamn platform of death for a decent price.

That's a shame. Was looking forward to this game. See what you've done Ubi? You just lost a customer. You just lost around $60. Good luck coping financially from that loss. Should be bankrupt if my calculations are correct.

Fml.

Did you ever try Driver San Francisco? Criminally underrated arcade racer as far as I'm concerned.

I'll just wishlist it now since the price is pretty high right now. But consider me a curious folk who haven't even played a single Driver game since I mistakenly thought that this was a shooting game series.
I'll wait before downloading this thing. Got pissed at myself for updating to the 344.48 driver and encountered hangs on my Aliens playthrough. Thankfully, it was fixed by the next update.

I'll just wishlist it now since the price is pretty high right now. But consider me a curious folk who haven't even played a single Driver game since I mistakenly thought that this was a shooting game series.

They tried to make Driver a shooting game series and failed miserably.

Arthea

I wish MotorStorm: Apocalypse was on steam, I loved that game, destruction of surroundings is truly epic in that game. It's only racer I was thinking about 100%-ing it, but it's rather tedious task as it has shitload of online trophies.

Dr Dogg

*ah hm hmh* plus spin mentioned them in the OT :p

Funnily going and having a look at the profile before and after the latest drivers the SLI flag is the exactly same bits used as Black Flag. Be interesting to see how they work out and scale with Unity. SLI seems to becoming harder and harder to implement these days in a fully functioning fashion. Though there are a lot of other flags included at the bottom that I've not really dug into yet.

Aaron

Even though it's not finished, Wreckfest is the best racer I've ever played. The handling is absurdly good. You really get a sense for the weight of the car.

dex3108

*ah hm hmh* plus spin mentioned them in the OT :p

Funnily going and having a look at the profile before and after the latest drivers the SLI flag is the exactly same bits used as Black Flag. Be interesting to see how they work out and scale with Unity. SLI seems to becoming harder and harder to implement these days in a fully functioning fashion. Though there are a lot of other flags included at the bottom that I've not really dug into yet.

Rule no.1 if you want to promote your post mention JaseC XD :D

Spyware

Got Hexcells, played Hexcells, completed Hexcells. Now I feel empty inside D:

Such a good little game! I had no idea it existed at all. Best gift I've gotten in a really long time. Had to throw the other ones up on the wishlist immediately. Gonna buy them during winter sale for sure :)

Arthea

Even though it's not finished, Wreckfest is the best racer I've ever played. The handling is absurdly good. You really get a sense for the weight of the car.

I'm certainly keeping an eye on it, but until it's not Finnish, not buying.

Got Hexcells, played Hexcells, completed Hexcells. Now I feel empty inside D:

Such a good little game! I had no idea it existed at all. Best gift I've gotten in a really long time. Had to throw the other ones up on the wishlist immediately. Gonna buy them during winter sale for sure :)

now you have two more to play, even better!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/271900/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/304410/

Zafir

It's a shame PC probably won't see Forza Horizon 2. Turned into one of my favourite racing games in a while.

Especially in comparison to Driveclub which ended up being the biggest racing disappointment in a while.

Asgaro

Just got an isthereanydeal.com email for the following wishlisted game:

Ether One ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/265950/ ) only €4.75 at Gamersgate ( http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-EONE/ether-one )

Steam user reviews: 89% positive.

ss_8b8d144f1b09cef9c71507850e905bffb78e29aa.600x338.jpg

ss_e81b5999d7cfc344f8d89742cc0964ce2806144f.600x338.jpg

ss_6b025b877348d1a473d6a3648b65e507d60fcdf4.600x338.jpg

ss_a2b9089250d8c807ff25bb00ae55c6e5326be5fe.600x338.jpg

Seems like a lovely game.
One of the Steam reviews:

TL;DR review:
Excellent game.

A game for:
- People who like to explore and observe their surroundings carefully and look in every nook and cranny.
- People who like challenging but logical puzzles in an interesting an rich environment.
- People who like intelligent and subliminal storytelling.
- People who like old-school point and click games but also FPS environments.

NOT a game for:
- People who need NPC, scripted sequences, or action in general
- People who want something casual, easy and not to brain-wrecking
- People who want to be taken by their hand or have a linear experience

Lomax

Did you ever try Driver San Francisco? Criminally underrated arcade racer as far as I'm concerned.

I'll second this, Driver: SF is brilliant, unique, and a blast. It was good enough that I didn't regret installing and using uPlay to play it.

Bah, Steam discussions mods deleting my comment about the Pillar of Community badge. Was simply putting it out there that it shouldn't be stickied to user profiles, as many users will never link Facebook accounts.

I may be misunderstanding you here, but you can get the full badge without linking Facebook, there's like 2 or 3 more options than the number you need to get the highest ranking badge.

Coreda

Bah, Steam discussions mods deleting my comment about the Pillar of Community badge. Was simply putting it out there that it shouldn't be stickied to user profiles, as many users will never link Facebook accounts.

I am a good god. Feel my generosity.

Just missed this :0

Spyware

Ether One
Hrm. Ether One was... I dunno. It felt a bit "stiff"? I dunno how to explain it. Some moments were terrific, some were just empty and boring. Wasn't a fan of a bunch of the "puzzles" either. The voice work was solid tho.

And I just said I'm gonna buy them during the sale. :p Can't spend the money right now, sadly.

Cheap Unity sounds really nice but then it isn't a steam copy......30 bucks off is hard to resist though so I guess I'll have to deal with it. Does uplay still not do pre-loads? But it is through origin I guess.

Man, that's going to be a lot of fun to add to steam for screenshots. Running Origin and Uplay at once :D

Arthea

Every monday indiegala is up:
https://www.indiegala.com/monday

Shadow Puppeteer
Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive
Gods vs Humans
Squishy the Suicidal Pig
Ancients of Ooga
Project APT

edited: beaten again... why I even try?!

edit2: it is not possible to buy atm? oh, indiegala (><)
it seems they added it as the last monday's bundle, sale is over

edit3: now they removed

Dr Dogg

Bah! Waiting on AssCreed Unity Benchmarks has me thinking it's only going to end up one way regardless of the result.

Demanding game that requires SLI to get the most out of it? Put both my cards back in one box and buy another GPU.

Demanding game but doesn't scale well across multiple GPU? Buy a new GPU.

Requires oodles of VRAM to run High or greater Textures? Buy a new GPU.

Performs well on a single card? Put GPUs back together or sell one off and get another GPU for compute/render purposes.

I can't think of that many games I need two GPU's for 2560x1440 where getting one could do the trick but most of them are bloody Ubisoft titles. Some newer titles I hit the VRAM wall first before getting seriously unplayable framerates when cranking up resolution.

*sigh* I guess I'll go eye some cards up...

Turfster

Turfster is a known Dragon hater and St. George wannabe

Wait I thought you guys decided I was a dragon and wanted to bury the piece of shit game that insulted my forefathers.

Keys for Pirate Hell are available for the Groupees Alpha bundle
Keys for Elliot Quest are available at IGS

Funstock digital is doing a couple of Sniper Elite deals, 66% off V3, 80% off Nazi Zombie Army (they're on the rebellion approved list, so)

chronomac

Random question: If I were to come home with a boxed copy of Call of Duty 4 for the PC, from Target, would I be able to add that to my Steam account?

EDIT: I'm trying to find a 3rd game in their Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal and I felt it'd be nice to have this again.

FloatOn

I'm really excited about Valkyria Chronicles tomorrow.

I'm hoping it's a bit less brutal than XCOM: EU because I hit a major roadblock in that game about 19 hours in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom