• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

So you're saying your part of the problem =/

No I didn't vote. I just entered the group, there is no way for them to see if you voted or not. I'm just annoyed that people who weren't even in the group got their keys because they posted the link in public before...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
60 FPS console game would be a surprise at this point. Finding a game that conforms to the higher standard is outside the norm at this point.
Yeah I should have guessed, but to be honest I'm pretty out of the loop as far as the console performance wars go because people get super heated and I tend to avoid. Last 60 fps console games I remember playing were Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii and Bayonetta on the 360, and both were long ago.

Coreda

I may be misunderstanding you here, but you can get the full badge without linking Facebook, there's like 2 or 3 more options than the number you need to get the highest ranking badge.

I didn't see this initially as you quoted me above, but no, what I was complaining about was the Community badge stays as the first item in the 'Badges' area of user profile page unless all items are completed, after which it's 'unstickied' from the first position.

So you get the badge, but it's always visible in that first badge slot until completed - something a percentage of users will never do due to the Facebook requirement.

Ban Puncher

Hhxde.gif

Please direct my free copy of The Slaughtering Grounds to my agent.

My people will call your people.

Copons

What's weird about the thread split discussion is that the anti-split folks are vehemently against the other side getting a thread, where the pro-split folks are perfectly content to let this thread exist exactly as it is.

Nuh-uh.
I fear that BOTH threads will suffer. One for lack of actual content, and the other for lack of community feeling.

Actually, I guess the only optimal way to solve everything is this:

ajqJI98.png

Chariot

Nuh-uh.
I fear that BOTH threads will suffer. One for lack of actual content, and the other for lack of community feeling.

ajqJI98.png
Why would the Community thread suffer? People could still post news into it, right? The Community thread would actually be what this thread already is, minus the people who don't like the feeling at all.

Deitus

I should, but I can't. I feel bad when buying things from people with who support certain agendas. Extremely hypocritical, since I don't actively research everything I buy from and just jump on things I hear of. But I can't help it. Or at least I have trouble.

Urgh :(

If it's any consolation, I doubt they are strongly aligned with the GamerGate agenda, and I doubt they would support any of the harassment involved.

The likely scenario is that they know by developing an adult game, they are not going to get any favorable attention from the mainstream media. If they manage to get any mentions at all by Polygon, Kotaku, etc., it is very likely to be negative, especially in the current climate.

By appealing to the GamerGate crowd, they can convince a lot of people to buy their game out of spite, as a take that to all of the "SJWs" (as they would call them). It's probably all marketing.

Still, it is troubling to see anyone continue to support GamerGate after all the damage they've done.

Copons

Why would the Community thread suffer? People could still post news into it, right? The Community thread would actually be what this thread already is, minus the people who don't like the feeling at all.

Because it's pretty clear that most of the people who want to create a proper thread for news and stuff are actually the people who post news and stuff here.
Remove them from here, and you have, well, an off topic section condensed in a single thread.

Amzin

That's what I'm assuming, and why I don't see the problem here. The creation of a "serious" Steam thread doesn't prevent people from posting news and deals in this thread. It just gives the people who don't come to this thread or don't like this thread somewhere to go. I think this thread is fine as is but it's dumb to argue against creating another one: It'll either work or won't. Either way, more people win.

zkylon

zkylewd
gee this shit is still going

i just woke up, skimmed a bit thru the posts and i feel exhausted already

i'll repeat what i said earlier, there's a good 50% or more posts now dedicated to either whining about the thread or whining about the whining (which is basically what this post is). we need to collectively shut up and wait for mrorange's thing and then whoever wants to split can do so. reading this shit all day is just depressing

I don't wanna, I am scared of being destroyed by the empire.
what's this even mean -__-

I played some more Abyss Odyssey (last played it in July), and was pleased to see all the changes!
There is a new Mini Boss, there are new enemies and the Warlock fight has changed as well. They also sped up the turn speed. I had no problem with the slower turn from before, but I think a lot of people were wishing for a faster turn. It works very well.
This game is just a ton of fun. I initially just wanted to take a quick look, but ended up playing for hours.

abyss5bs84.png
didn't know they had a new mini boss, that's really cool

i still think they need a lot more "room" types with like more traps and puzzles or stuff like that

make it feel like a proper roguelike with lots of randomization

Chariot

Because it's pretty clear that most of the people who want to create a proper thread for news and stuff are actually the people who post news and stuff here.
Remove them from here, and you have, well, an off topic section condensed in a single thread.
I am pretty sure that there are people who like the community that post news. It's even easier since the other thread posts it anyway, so one could just copy&paste from there.
what's this even mean -__-
That's how I guess you look like.

Coreda

Nuh-uh, the only optimal way to solve everything is this:

ajqJI98.png

A place with no console wars or bickering over resolution. A friendly oasis of watercooling.

Because it's pretty clear that most of the people who want to create a proper thread for news and stuff are actually the people who post news and stuff here. Remove them from here, and you have, well, an off topic section condensed in a single thread.

Actually the idea that's been proposed is for cross-posting just the relevant info on deals/releases/etc in a another thread. It's not complicated, nor a split in commnunity imo, but some find it hard to imagine or think it would fizzle out (which it may or may not). It's not too bad as is now it's in Community, although we've now had 10 pages of this meta discussion lol.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

i'll repeat what i said earlier, there's a good 50% or more posts now dedicated to either whining about the thread or whining about the whining (which is basically what this post is). we need to collectively shut up and wait for mrorange's thing and then whoever wants to split can do so. reading this shit all day is just depressing

And now you know how the pro-split people feel.

Copons

I am pretty sure that there are people who like the community that post news. It's even easier since the other thread posts it anyway, so one could just copy&paste from there.That's how I guess you look like.

You're right, could also be like this.

(and now I'll stop posting about this to avoid annoying zkylon, morningbus and other people even more than how much they already are)

Dr Dogg

So apparently if there were to be two threads it sounds like you have to make a choice and post in one or the other? I don't see that as a problem and fine with posting in as many threads as there are for my interests and not 'you can only talk about news and must post in that thread exclusively' or 'if you post in community you can never post in news related threads'. Shall we just roll all of GAF into one massive thread then? That will make it easier not to switch tabs or go looking for stuff.

Funnily whilst searching for the new OT rules after someone mentioned them I stumbled across this post from 3 years ago.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Nuh-uh.

ajqJI98.png

"This is PC only, who cares."

As long as Turfster would post in the "community" section, it would be fine. He's basically the main person that posts sales and bundles anyway.

AHA-Lambda

Guys, quick questions (crossposting in PC thread too):

I want a GTX 970; what's the best GPU manufacturer to buy from Gigabyte, Asus and MSI? When does the Ubisoft Nvidia deal end?

I also bought the Fractal Design case that was recommended earlier and also have a CPU cooler, do I need anything regarding cooling? Does the GPU need cooling?

Also, is this monitor overkill? It's real damn expensive =/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LBZLIXG/

morningbus

So apparently if there were to be two threads it sounds like you have to make a choice and post in one or the other? I don't see that as a problem and fine with posting in as many threads as there are for my interests and not 'you can only talk about news and must post in that thread exclusively' or 'if you post in community you can never post in news related threads'. Shall we just roll all of GAF into one massive thread then? That will make it easier not to switch tabs or go looking for stuff.

Funnily whilst searching for the new OT rules after someone mentioned them I stumbled across this post from 3 years ago.

Neogaf does have a long and storied history with "For or Against."

Ban Puncher

I want a GTX 970; what's the best GPU manufacturer to buy from Gigabyte, Asus and MSI? When does the Ubisoft Nvidia deal end?

I also bought the Fractal Design case that was recommended earlier and also have a CPU cooler, do I need anything regarding cooling? Does the GPU need cooling?

ASUS has never steered me wrong.

Turfster

I want a GTX 970; what's the best GPU manufacturer to buy from Gigabyte, Asus and MSI?

Most GPUs come with their own cooling solutions.
Also that reseller is ripping people off.
I can find the same modelthe same model just not "for the gamers" for about 500€ on other webstores, the same model for 750€/580£ =p

Eventually you can add extra fans to your case, but you have the most important parts -- the fractal design case should come with some sort of case fan and you have the most important upgrade, I think, in a non-stock CPU heatsink...

I'm still waiting for someone to answer my questions about 970s/980s too... plus I'm holding out on a decent deal.

I see a lot of mentions of Zotac and FTW w/ respect to 970s in the nVidia 970/980 thread, but I can't get anyone to just cut the bullshit and say "frost, here's the best 3 manufacturers, you can't go wrong with any of them" as well as "you definitely should look at doing a 970 where you can eventually SLI with another 970 down the road" or "you should avoid SLI and just get a 980".

will pay 1$ for Planet Stronghold if anyone wants to split.

Sure, if I buy it -- all I want is creeper world and eador: genesis.

Dr Dogg

Neogaf does have a long and storied history with "For or Against."

Hahahaha funnily that incident brought me here in the first place. Of course it took me 3 years and two attempts to finally get an account.

There is honestly no way to make everyone happy at all. Even the idea of weekly platform centric threads from the various DD services that serve as fast, immediate, easy to digest round ups of all things related the their platform will be seen as the apocalypse by some.

Monooboe

I always go for Asus and their DirectCU II series, they are usually overclocked but with good cooling and silent. The last three of my cards have been that and I never had any problems. So personally I really trust them. As for the otheres I haven't really red that much about them but those manfacturers have been around some time now, so they are reliable.

I've heard great things about MSI and I love the 770 they made, fwiw. No problems, quiet, and cool.

But it's my first GPU ever so I'm not sure how much weight my opinion holds.

MayMay

Banned
My ACU Retail PC version actually launches... It didnt install the Day1 patch, and I didnt update my driver so I dunno but Ill make some screenshots and give some performance impressions on the "shipped" version. Havent seen any yet, so here goes. Main menu runs in 60fps so thats worth something right?

morningbus

eh, not really. take out all this "let's talk about the thread" nonsense and the thread would be much more readable for everybody

Except that doesn't sound any different from the complaints other people have been posting.

The only difference is it is discussion you don't want to see.

Hey, that's my face! Jim Sterling where's my money?!
Issue a copyright notice on Jim Sterling.

Joke aside I think Greenlight showed many including GabeN why most of these "indie devs" doesn't find a game developer job at some game studio.

I miss the good old days of free games which took years to develop on the devs spare time and/or by many developer open sourced or not. I think money causes this savagery to surface, without money nearly nobody attacked another's game or criticisms.

AHA-Lambda

Most GPUs come with their own cooling solutions.
Also that reseller is ripping people off.
I can find the same modelthe same model just not "for the gamers" for about 500€ on other webstores, the same model for 750€/580£ =p

Got a link? It's real damn expensive but I want a 27" 1440p monitor hopefully with G-Sync.

zkylon

zkylewd
Except that doesn't sound any different from the complaints other people have been posting.

The only difference is it is discussion you don't want to see.
but thread has slowed down considerably since we moved to community, people that don't want ot shit just ignore that completely for some reason. i mean i get it you don't want ANY ot stuff but meet people half way or something :/

and tbh thinking about it i don't even know what mroange's email thingie will accomplish in this regard. if we're moved back to gaming this will still be a problem

so eh, i give up. i find this whole thing depressing

i won't talk about it anymore

Parsnip

I would welcome a PC Gaming community thread instead of Steam community thread. It's not like we don't talk about all things pc gaming here already, and the uplay, orgin etc threads are, well, yeah. It would make sense to make it official.

And that's all I'm going to say about this stuff.

Nether I, but I want post it anyway :D

Am I doing this right?

i'll repeat what i said earlier, there's a good 50% or more posts now dedicated to either your breakfast or saying good morning (which is basically what this post is). we need to collectively shut up and stay on topic. reading this shit all day is just depressing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom