• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

So who of you is Jim Fucking Sterlingsome?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=35269

I don't think he posts much.

t1417410000z1.png

I think with a countdown doomsday clock things might get a bit more exciting. So what will you do when 1st of December hits? Start a new thread, continue with this one and rename it to Steam thread of rest of the 2014?
Oh, yeah, very exciting.

gee this shit is still going

i just woke up, skimmed a bit thru the posts and i feel exhausted already

i'll repeat what i said earlier, there's a good 50% or more posts now dedicated to either your breakfast or saying good morning (which is basically what this post is). we need to collectively shut up and stay on topic. reading this shit all day is just depressing

Nobody is forcing you to read the thread.
Also what did you expect in just a few hours? To everything to magically change?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Heaven or hell?
Duel 1!
Let's rock!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload -- MB-FE33908D4463A30C - Taken by KainXVIII. 31 entrants total.

t1415654186z1.png

Chariot

i'll repeat what i said earlier, there's a good 50% or more posts now dedicated to either your breakfast or saying good morning (which is basically what this post is). we need to collectively shut up and stay on topic. reading this shit all day is just depressing
You are surely changing the hearts of everyone with your friendly, reasonable approach.

MadGear

Going to go for the OC Gigabyte 970, stop me now if this is a bad choice!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-147-GI&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1010

Thanks, will take a look :)

Personally i prefer MSI and avoid Gigabyte, simply because i value a more quieter system and this is something where Gigabyte really doesn't excel at unless you fine tune the fan settings yourself (but doing the same on the MSI card still gives MSI the edge).
But well, a friend of mine always claims I'm way to sensitive in this area as he doesn't have an issue with his Gigabyte cards at all.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
but thread has slowed down considerably since we moved to community, people that don't want ot shit just ignore that completely for some reason. i mean i get it you don't want ANY ot stuff but meet people half way or something :/

and tbh thinking about it i don't even know what mroange's email thingie will accomplish in this regard. if we're moved back to gaming this will still be a problem

so eh, i give up. i find this whole thing depressing

i won't talk about it anymore

I legitimately don't want to annoy you or anything, but I do want to make sure my point is clear and not just seen as whining. I'll scale back posting about it as we're waiting on the Mods anyway and I really don't want to be annoying about it.

The problem is that meeting people half way is how we got where we are, where people feel they need a separate thread. We kept meeting people half way over and over, slowly letting standards slip until we're now a full blown community thread where it feels like anything goes.

The thread is beyond saving and, by the looks of it, there appears to be a contingent of people perfectly happy with the current state of the thread. We shouldn't take that away from them. However, the people unhappy with the current thread shouldn't feel like hostages either.

get back to your "job."

I've beaten Arkham: Origins. Anyone that thinks that's the best Batman Arkham game is as mad as a hatter. It's buggy, uninspired, and poorly designed to boot.

The one good thing BAO pulled off was the Electrocutioner fight. I was not expecting that...

MayMay

Banned
Can I just go ahead and create a ACU PC Performance thread - or are there rules/lists for that like with the OTs? My retail copy is working, and Id like to share some stuff later which would just get lost in the OT..

FloatOn

What roadblock did you hit? I'm 15 hours in, I need to decide between the Archangel and Ghost armor, and I don't know which one to research. >.<

I guess I'm terrible because right after the first main story mission I intercepted a UFO in germany or something and my main guys are recovering so my squad is full of wimps and of course there are a fuckton of aliens on this map. Including a cyberdisk which wrecks my shit constantly.

I want to back out of the mission but a few of my countries are already panicking :/

I'd love to finish this game off as I hear there are only 3 main story missions but apparently I'm awful at this game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Alright. I'll take the bait, visually represented here.

Where has anyone mentioned their breakfast, or just said good morning in this thread? Prove it's at 50%.

I have only seen three posts in this thread that have said "good morning" in the entire post, and meant as a greeting. I seriously doubt that 4860 posts are talking about breakfast. You're blowing this completely out of proportion.

Vuze

My ACU Retail PC version actually launches... It didnt install the Day1 patch, and I didnt update my driver so I dunno but Ill make some screenshots and give some performance impressions on the "shipped" version. Havent seen any yet, so here goes. Main menu runs in 60fps so thats worth something right?

Nice! Just make sure to provide some proof (i.e. pic of your retail box with your name on a piece of paper) to avoid a re-occurence of the Watch_Dogs piracy etc. drama.

MayMay

Banned
Nice! Just make sure to provide some proof (i.e. pic of your retail box with your name on a peace of paper) to avoid a re-occurence of the Watch_Dogs piracy etc. drama.

Got it, thanks for reminding me - would've forgot that.. lol

Can I just go ahead and create a ACU PC Performance thread - or are there rules/lists for that like with the OTs? My retail copy is working, and Id like to share some stuff later which would just get lost in the OT..
Sure, just make sure to link a picture as proof so the mods don't get mad :p

Phawx

Personally i prefer MSI and avoid Gigabyte, simply because i value a more quieter system and this is something where Gigabyte really doesn't excel at unless you fine tune the fan settings yourself (but doing the same on the MSI card still gives MSI the edge).
But well, a friend of mine always claims I'm way to sensitive in this area as he doesn't have an issue with his Gigabyte cards at all.

Speaking from a quality standpoint, I've had way more reliable gear from Gigabyte than MSI. But I haven't bought anything from MSI in 9 years, so my opinion on that isn't probably valid anymore.

I guess I'm terrible because right after the first main story mission I intercepted a UFO in germany or something and my main guys are recovering so my squad is full of wimps and of course there are a fuckton of aliens on this map. Including a cyberdisk which wrecks my shit constantly.

I want to back out of the mission but a few of my countries are already panicking :/

I'd love to finish this game off as I hear there are only 3 main story missions but apparently I'm awful at this game.

The "3 main story missions" just means three pre-made missions that are always laid out similarly. An actual campaign of XCOM takes far longer than that due to the randomized mission structure.

Chariot

I've beaten Arkham: Origins. Anyone that thinks that's the best Batman Arkham game is as mad as a hatter. It's buggy, uninspired, and poorly designed to boot.

The one good thing BAO pulled off was the Electrocutioner fight. I was not expecting that...
That fight totally failed on me.
As soon as the fight started I was jumping back and waiting to defend against every mean thing this guy would throw at me. After all, you don't necessary want to melee the guy with the electrofists. And there I was... waiting and starring at this guy who just stood there. And after waiting ten seoncds, it just felt silly and the following one shot was even sillier.

I wouldn't call it the best Arkham game, but I liked they story very much and had the luck to not encounter any bug (until the DLC, that greatly annoyed me. Still didn't finish it because of this shit). But yes, it was general inferior to both City and Asylum, while bringing nothing new cool thing to the table.

zkylon

zkylewd
I legitimately don't want to annoy you or anything, but I do want to make sure my point is clear and not just seen as whining. I'll scale back posting about it as we're waiting on the Mods anyway and I really don't want to be annoying about it.

The problem is that meeting people half way is how we got where we are, where people feel they need a separate thread. We kept meeting people half way over and over, slowly letting standards slip until we're now a full blown community thread where it feels like anything goes.

The thread is beyond saving and, by the looks of it, there appears to be a contingent of people perfectly happy with the current state of the thread. We shouldn't take that away from them. However, the people unhappy with the current thread shouldn't feel like hostages either.
yea sorry i didn't wanna like say your concerns or whatever didn't matter, it's just the word that came up (that's why i used it for the pro-unity or whatever camp as well)

not gonna talk about the rest but yea of course your worries are as valid as mine

if not more, really

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new nvidia "game ready" driver for Unity out, see JaseC, and you were crying about it!

hopefully it helps with my advanced warfare crashes :(

edit: ooh nice indiegala

Dr Dogg

No response yet, 4 days left.

t1417410000z1.png

I think with a countdown doomsday clock things might get a bit more exciting. So what will you do when 1st of December hits? Start a new thread, continue with this one and rename it to Steam thread of rest of the 2014?

You need a Plissken style countdown for that.

anything good for this week sales?

It's a bit hit and miss to be fair. Of course I'm sure there's some Star Trek fans who want all their hopes and dreams crushed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203250/?snr=1_7_7_weeklongdeals_150_2

It's not a good game by the way, though the bugs were entertaining until they were patched out :(

Dr Dogg

Are preloads a thing on uplay? Assuming GMG sends me a key sometime before the release that is.

Uplay in my experience doesn't do preloads. It's either out or locked. EzioCroft said they bought it via retail (5 DVDs worht!) so that would be Uplay on the activation side so you could ask them. Or if you can get to a PC see if it's in and active in your account.

Edit: Damn you dex!

rtcn63

I just don't stop. I'm a monster.

You're someone who attacks constantly using clever wording (well, to you). Surreptitious insults aren't as blatant and actionable. You were mad that I made a remark against a film you probably quite like (or maybe because it was an OT comment, in a... community thread), and wanted to assert your dominance. Only your opinion counts.

But you'll deny this and sneakily call me the madman, as you have been. Who else but you is smart enough to figure out you?

dex3108

Uplay in my experience doesn't do preloads. It's either out or locked. EzioCroft said they bought it via retail (5 DVDs worht!) so that would be Uplay on the activation side so you could ask them. Or if you can get to a PC see if it's in and active in your account.

Edit: Damn you dex!

:D Also from now on UPlay will support pre-loads. Far Cry 4 will support pre-loads worldwide.

And he continues on, while still pretending to be the innocent.

(Hey, still gotta check the thread for raffles)

Do some good and promote DRAGON THE GAME while you visit!

If it receives enough development, it may become the game of my wildest dreams.

SteamGAF PSA: Be sure to ignore Jim F'n Sterling Son's video about the game. I've heard he's biased against indie games.
/s 'cuz you never know...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I learned the hard way the other day that flipping a person's post around is the most arrogant assault one can do apparently. That was fun.

Bus, you of all people should know that the post I made wasn't an "assault." I think that everyone is blowing this whole thing out of proportion, and I'm just trying to make that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom