• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You're someone who attacks constantly using clever wording (well, to you). Surreptitious insults aren't as blatant and actionable. You were mad that I made a remark against a film you probably quite like, and wanted to assert your dominance. Only your opinion counts.

But you'll deny this and call me the madman, as you have been. Who else but you is smart enough to figure out you?

The funniest thing is I don't even love the movie (I think it's pretty good, but I'm a sucker for sci-fi, even bad sci-fi). I didn't even express an opinion about it, but rather my opinion of having an opinion six minutes in to a 126 minute movie.

What's absurd about your reaction to my joke is that it was merely a flip of your own logic used on your own post about the part of the post I didn't like. The part of your post in contention was the first 6 words.

I take umbrage with your attempt to paint me as basically a sociopath over a simply joke. What's worse is that this is probably the first prolonged interaction we've had. You'd think I've had you under my boot heel for years, or something.

Bus, you of all people should know that the post I made wasn't an "assault." I think that everyone is blowing this whole thing out of proportion, and I'm just trying to make that point.

But.. I was joking! Oh god how deep does this rabbit hole go.

Grief.exe

Dark Souls has finally ditched GFWL and and achievements did appear now.

They have been working on a patch, but haven't pushed anything live yet. Achievements have been there, but you shouldn't be able to earn them yet.

I'd imagine they will do a beta patch you can opt into, similarly to the Ace Combat changeover.

Amzin

I played some more Abyss Odyssey (last played it in July), and was pleased to see all the changes!
There is a new Mini Boss, there are new enemies and the Warlock fight has changed as well. They also sped up the turn speed. I had no problem with the slower turn from before, but I think a lot of people were wishing for a faster turn. It works very well.
This game is just a ton of fun. I initially just wanted to take a quick look, but ended up playing for hours.

abyss5bs84.png

Awesome. I had fun with it when it first came out but lost replayability for me pretty quick. I will have to go mess with it some more, thanks

iosefe

i remember someone mentioned Cheat Codes and such didn't work?

well clicking Enter Code in the options menu opens an external window where you enter a code

rtcn63

But.. I was joking! Oh god how deep does this rabbit hole go.

But you submitted that your snide comment was likely partly due your appreciation for the film? Something you wouldn't outright admit to until just now? It was never about how you did it, but why. I'm not painting you as anything that you haven't evidenced.

Oh well, continue on. I'm only here for the raffles and the cigars now.

Lomax

I didn't see this initially as you quoted me above, but no, what I was complaining about was the Community badge stays as the first item in the 'Badges' area of user profile page unless all items are completed, after which it's 'unstickied' from the first position.

So you get the badge, but it's always visible in that first badge slot until completed - something a percentage of users will never do due to the Facebook requirement.

Hmmm that's weird, mine doesn't seem to do that and I completed the second stage of the badge without completely finishing all of the related tasks. Maybe repost it as a bug report? That shouldn't happen regardless of if you linked Facebook or not.

i remember someone mentioned Cheat Codes and such didn't work?

well clicking Enter Code in the options menu opens an external window where you enter a code

Yeah that was me, the window popped up before but when I enetered a code it didn't do anything. The games missing a separate cheat code menu to enable the cheats unlocked in game.

Dr Dogg

I swear if PLASTICA-MAN was a real Superhero they'd turn up after some other heroes have saved the day. Only joshing but you always seem a little late to the party :p

Anyway let's all chill and take a chance to laugh at how Ubisoft have blown me off (not like that you filthy minded people).

uD54VbP.png

I guess I'm getting that ticket to Paris to escalate my issue after all.

I guess I'm terrible because right after the first main story mission I intercepted a UFO in germany or something and my main guys are recovering so my squad is full of wimps and of course there are a fuckton of aliens on this map. Including a cyberdisk which wrecks my shit constantly.

I want to back out of the mission but a few of my countries are already panicking :/

I'd love to finish this game off as I hear there are only 3 main story missions but apparently I'm awful at this game.
I know what you mean, that happened to me too.

Do you have the upgrade that makes your soldiers recover in half the time? You should get it, also level up a support unit and have him heal your other units during the missions if they get hurt.

morningbus

But you submitted that your snide comment was likely partly due your appreciation for the film? Something you wouldn't outright admit to until just now? It was never about how you did it, but why. I'm not painting you as anything that you haven't evidenced.

Oh well, continue on. I'm only here for the raffles and the cigars now.

Jesus Christ. My opinion of the movie is irrelevant and my comment would have been made regardless of whether I had seen it or liked it. It was an off-handed joke.

It's starting to look more and more like you wanted to have this argument over Snowpiercer and it didn't really matter who it was with. It's crazy that you haven't reconsidered any part of our interaction upon reflection.

Kaleinc

Banned
I see a lot of mentions of Zotac and FTW w/ respect to 970s in the nVidia 970/980 thread, but I can't get anyone to just cut the bullshit and say "frost, here's the best 3 manufacturers, you can't go wrong with any of them" as well as "you definitely should look at doing a 970 where you can eventually SLI with another 970 down the road" or "you should avoid SLI and just get a 980".
I've seen enough cries about SLI not working, giving worse performance than a single card or just waiting for SLI profiles for weeks. I prefer 1 GPU, much less headache.
As for manufacturers EVGA is good.

I swear if PLASTICA-MAN was a real Superhero they'd turn up after some other heroes have saved the day. Only joshing but you always seem a little late to the party :p

Anyway let's all chill and take a chance to laugh at how Ubisoft have blown me off (not like that you filthy minded people).

uD54VbP.png

Did you mention you post on NeoGAF?

morningbus

I took this selfie while thinking about how to destroy Supermansomeone who hates the first six minutes of Snowpiercer.

Hog52Iz.jpg

Well, as I said there are only graphics and framerate differences. Since Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are NOT "next gen only" titles, there is not so much difference betwen game versions (I don't know, of course, if in TPP will be major differences, or even if that will be released for PS3/360 too. Kojima said yes, but I won't be surprised if he will cancel old gen version at all).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__fcyQ2yorc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG_yajQSwYs
Content side, from next gen version customizable soundtrack is missing (on 360 and PS3 you can import MP3 files and play them during the game) and there is the possibility to check score of your friend in a leaderboard, while on PS4/One you can ckeck only your stats (even if the game upload them into a server).
Just check some videos on Youtube about PS3/360 version. In some of them you can clearly see there's an option (hittint Triangle maybe, can't remember) to compare your score with the one from other users. On PS4 you can only check your own stats, even if, as I said, PS4 upload your score on servers everytime you compleate a mission.
Interesting, thanks! Just hope they don't gimp the MGS Legacy collection once it hits PC.
You know it will come!
No, I'm just old.
Been gaming since pre-2600 days and am bored to tears of narcissistic plot threads of being The One. Who Saves The Universe (tm.). Yet. Again. It's become a mind-numbing blur of manufactured self-importance and urgency.
I've come to realize that the true Undiscovered Country in gaming is found in the entirely mundane. Everyday activities. Everyday lives. No urgency or bombast. Just good old fashioned slices of authentic life.
Fiction or non-fiction...Gone Home or Euro Truck Sim...I'm finding the real world FAR more engaging than the Power Fantasy schlock the major-release industry is pushing.
#FarmSim4LifeYo ( :p )
EDIT:
Also, not 100% cut & dry. I own Valkeria Chronicles PS3 & have my Steam copy already pre-loaded. There are exceptions to every rule.
I think I understand what you mean. For me it was all big action FPS/TPS in my youth. But since I got more into Steam I found myself more and more fascinated with Indie titles and tbh "normal" AAA games didn't surprise me that much anymore. It was more an upgrade to the old games but with many indies I find a childlike joy and curiosity tingling in my rusty old heart.
Whatever makes you happy old man ;)
http://i.imgur.com/Hhxde.gif
Please direct my free copy of The Slaughtering Grounds to my agent.
My people will call your people.
I did vote actually to get a game key but I never got one :(
Not that I would play it.
http://abload.de/img/cf7uvfcq4qwp.gif
Haha, it sounds way more serious than I meant :p

uD54VbP.png

I stopped reading at "Unfortunately we understand your frustration".

Bunch of dicks

rtcn63

Jesus Christ. My opinion of the movie is irrelevant and my comment would have been made regardless of whether I had seen it or liked it. It was an off-handed joke.

It's starting to look more and more like you wanted to have this argument over Snowpiercer and it didn't really matter who it was with. It's crazy that you haven't reconsidered any part of our interaction upon reflection.

Oh BS. You know what your offense to me was? Insulting me and thinking I was too stupid to notice. I mean, I've done my fair share of jabs at other members (I've shit on Shadownet fifteen times in the last week), but they know it's partly in jest since I do it so badly and habitually, and I often apologize afterwards. Particularly when making fun of AssCreed. There's an element of self-awareness.

You. You were trying to place full blame on me from the start, claiming a desire to disarm the situation, even though you were repeatedly caught making backhanded attacks towards me in those very same replies. It was and is a continuous farce. But now you've realized that in the minds of some viewing the thread, you may not come off as the innocent transport you want them to believe. And you're at a loss, you can't just give yourself away now.

I love people. Just when you think they're going to let you down, they don't. I love SteamGAF. The members know how to read behind the lines, and I don't necessarily mind coming off like a prick in the process.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Has anybody here used one of those "Pick Your Path" keys to redeem a game on UPlay? I picked Far Cry 4 but the game won't show up in my UPlay library

didamangi

PES 2015 on Nuuvem is a steam key apparently. There's no store page on Steam for it at the moment though.

Nice to know I can buy the game there at least since Konami won't sell anything in SEA region except Lords of Shadow.

I haven't touched the rest of my library since Rebirth came out. So many games on my backlog only to be neglected for the fucking time sucker that is Rebirth. Damn you, Edmund, daaaaamnnnnn yooooooooouuuuuu

Jawmuncher

Completed all of the Mass Effect 3 DLCs (Omega, Leviathan, and Citadel).
Gotta say I thought they were all pretty fun, even omega which a lot of people say is the weakest one. Personally i would say Leviathan takes that. Though regardless I would say they are all worth playing. However I will say their impact is taken away playing them after having already beaten the game. These DLCs would have added a lot had they been done during someone's first play through. Even citadel so long as it was the absolute last mission done before the point of no return. That way you can get the most out of it.

Citadel absolutely wins though.
What a great DLC for the fans of ME. The reunion is pretty good for the actual mission.
However I would have payed the 14.99 just for the team mate interactions and party after that main mission is complete. Was nice being able to see everyone for the last time. That moment really helped mark why ME was just so great last gen. It was nice seeing a game that really did take everything you did into account. Sure maybe not as much as some people would have liked. But across 3 games some of those characters felt like old friends. Which isn't something I can say about a lot of games.

I see a lot of mentions of Zotac and FTW w/ respect to 970s in the nVidia 970/980 thread, but I can't get anyone to just cut the bullshit and say "frost, here's the best 3 manufacturers, you can't go wrong with any of them" as well as "you definitely should look at doing a 970 where you can eventually SLI with another 970 down the road" or "you should avoid SLI and just get a 980".

Oh man, I know how you feel. Sometimes people recommending cards need to realize not everyone is made of money. Here I am with a 4870 thinking "One of these days I should get a 750 Ti or maybe an r9 270x" and people are recommending cards in excess of 400 bucks.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Completed all of the Mass Effect 3 DLCs (Omega, Leviathan, and Citadel).
Gotta say I thought they were all pretty fun, even omega which a lot of people say is the weakest one. Personally i would say Leviathan takes that. Though regardless I would say they are all worth playing. However I will say their impact is taken away playing them after having already beaten the game. These DLCs would have added a lot had they been done during someone's first play through. Even citadel so long as it was the absolute last mission done before the point of no return. That way you can get the most out of it.

Citadel absolutely wins though.
What a great DLC for the fans of ME. The reunion is pretty good for the actual mission.
However I would have payed the 14.99 just for the team mate interactions and party after that main mission is complete. Was nice being able to see everyone for the last time. That moment really helped mark why ME was just so great last gen. It was nice seeing a game that really did take everything you did into account. Sure maybe not as much as some people would have liked. But across 3 games some of those characters felt like old friends. Which isn't something I can say about a lot of games.

I enjoyed my semi-recent revisit to the game to finally play Omega and Citadel and I enjoyed myself a lot more than I was expecting to. The Citadel pack made me want to replay the series and feel all those emotions again.

Grief.exe

I'm actually very much looking forward to Overwatch.

Team based shooter with multiple classes and an emphasis on movement? Sign me up.

Oh man, I know how you feel. Sometimes people recommending cards need to realize not everyone is made of money. Here I am with a 4870 thinking "One of these days I should get a 750 Ti or maybe an r9 270x" and people are recommending cards in excess of 400 bucks.

I'm thinking the 950 ti will be the ultimate mid-range card. I would also suggest waiting anyways, the rumors out of the AMD camp are certainly compelling.

morningbus

Oh BS. You know what your offense to me was? Insulting me and thinking I was too stupid to notice. I mean, I've done my fair share of jabs at other members (I've shit on Shadownet fifteen times in the last week), but they know it's partly in jest since I do it so badly and habitually, and I often apologize afterwards. Particularly when making fun of AssCreed. There's an element of self-awareness.

You. You were trying to place full blame on me from the start, claiming a desire to disarm the situation, even though you were repeatedly caught making backhanded attacks towards me in those very same replies. It was and is a continuous farce. But now you've realized that in the minds of some viewing the thread, you may not come off as the innocent transport you want them to believe. And you're at a loss, you can't just give yourself away now.

I love people. Just when you think they're going to let you down, they don't. I love SteamGAF. The members know how to read behind the lines, and I don't necessarily mind coming off like a prick in the process.

I present our full interaction, with a post you deleted reconstructed as best I could. If even two other people can come to the same conclusion you have, I will not only leave this thread but I'll mean it.

I started the first six minutes of Snowpiercer, yeah it's bad.

I read the first six words of this post and it's pretty bad. Where are you going?

You're a dick, good to know.

I give your rejoinder a 95% on the Rotten Tomatoes meter.

Skyward Sword has a 93 on Metacritic.

Hey, are these sort of unwarranted attacks against someone allowed?

Damn, this escalation. If I was personally attacking you, yeah, it'd be against the TOS. Should we have a mod look over our conversation and see who personally attacked who?

Or maybe we can go back to the delicate balance we've had in this thread where we don't take thing so personally, especially when posting off topic throwaway posts that wouldn't even be worthwhile in an official OT?

Did you not read your first reply to me? The one I made about a movie, and doesn't mention Morningbus or any of his affiliates Dawntrain or Eveningtaxi? The one where you could have easily just replied with "what didn't you like about it?". No, you had to be snide, because an insult towards the movie is apparently one towards yourself, as I'm only guessing you adore it so. But in a way that you could pretend it wasn't your fault if something escalated or someone beneath you was offended. You're too smart Morningbus. You got me in a corner. I concede.

I was going to make another joke here because that's often used to disarm a situation, but I don't really think that'll work.

I'm not trying to win something here. I think almost anyone else here would say you're overreacting. Take a step back and look at the exchanges again and see if this is really the place where we should be right now.

[Note: This post was replace with "Not worth it." I've reconstructed it from my reply to this post. He quoted me a few times, mostly out of order ]

But you just posted this, another side remark towards me?

Yes, of course. You're not trying to win anything. Just attempting to make me look like the bad guy with crafty wording. Here as well:

Here too, you don't want to disarm anything, but push the blame, and make threats. Because I, a relative newbie, could never be more reputable than you.

Btw, we were talking about Snowpiercer yesterday, and more than a few members participated. So, yeah.

I give. I'm out. Post just for raffles. Rhaknarr remind me if I ever start commenting in the thread or viscerally assaulting beloved films again. I'll stop.

And I know, I won't missed.

Posted only after you accused me of personally attacking you, despite the fact that I never called you a bad name.

That's an accurate assessment of what's going on.

You accused me of making a personal attack. So far you are the only one who has done such by calling me a dick. I have never attacked you.

Your post lacked any context, even as loose as "some people were talking about it the other day." Even with a basic context, what did you want from your post? You watched six minutes.

My initial post was a play off your own criticisms of the movie and wasn't meant to be taken as a personal attack. I don't know why you've spun off this simple exchange that could have just been ignored for the quick joke it was into this big class debate.

Unless... This is a metaphor for Snowpiercer isn't it?

No Morningbus, you were intentionally being an ass. Clear from that first post. You can try to word it how you want, play the innocent victim. But I have enough faith that people in this thread aren't as stupid as you think they are. But sure, keep trying to convince yourself otherwise.

This is my last post for now. I hope. I have hope.

Wow.

I feel I've been accurate in my presentation of the events and I have nothing to convince myself of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom