• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

I present our full interaction, with a post you deleted reconstructed as best I could. If even two other people can come to the same conclusion you have, I will not only leave this thread but I'll mean it.

you guys should just settle the score with a game of serious sam and stream it because man i'm not going to read that entire post but i'd watch a serious sam stream

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
you guys should just settle the score with a game of serious sam and stream it because man i'm not going to read that entire post but i'd watch a serious sam stream

I tried doing a Serious Talos Stream the other day, but it wasn't playing nice with my setup.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Those petty arguments are worse than the OT talk. Just drop it.

It is sad that this guy painted me as a sociopath and no one has really defended me though. People defend JaseC about his avatar all the time.

I'm done talking about it now. It's all up there.

rtcn63

The key reply is the "Rejoinder" comment. See in a normal situation, at least one in which I've found myself in once or twice, I'd more likely reply with "I was just kidding brah" in conjunction with a witty remark. If they continued to see me as attacker, I'd straight up tell them, and apologize. Disarming as you will.

The Rejoinder reply existed only to escalate. To get one back at me for calling out you for the negative comment. The quickest thing your defense mechanism could muster up in short time. You really aren't as original as you may think.

Oh, and the follow up to my reply:

"Damn, this escalation. If I was personally attacking you, yeah, it'd be against the TOS. Should we have a mod look over our conversation and see who personally attacked who?"

Oh, I love that. I really love that. Aside from the dispirited sarcasm, it's like... a person being aware of their own guilt in the matter, and being afraid someone would notice. Backed into a corner. So you try to get me to stop with a kindly, not-so-secretive threat. Maybe you'll call the mods, who will they believe? Hedging one's bets.

Okay, now I'm getting a bit mad, enjoying this way too much, but there's enough here to show that.. what's the term? Reasonable doubt as to the events and the roles played.

EDIT: Alright fuck me we are beating a dead horse. Trust me, it is better that I've decided to cut my posting down drastically. For everyone. Evacuating the thread for now, so maybe say something nice.

Arthea

For 8 Hours straight if someone still needs the cards.

thanks for laughs
awesome post 10/10, would read again.
Inspite of wanting a game for itself not for cards, I still haven't spend any significant time playing it, and I'm almost sure that 8 hours for cards has something to do with it (><)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Just to make sure I'm not missing anything, an option or a skin or a hack or a magic monkey paw that grants wishes.

Is there a way to move the game list to the right side of the screen on the Steam client?

You know which Star Trek games would be worth $3.74? Star Trek 25th Anniversary and Star Trek Judgement Rites. Too bad they're neither on Steam nor GOG. Tied up in licensing hell, maybe? I don't know.

No licensing issue other than Interplay doesn't want to/can't pay for the rights to Star Trek. As such, to them, both games are abandonware.

Anteater

It is sad that this guy painted me as a sociopath and no one has really defended me though. People defend JaseC about his avatar all the time.

I'm doing talking about it now. It's all up there.

well jasec's drama was entirely about his avatar

for you well uh...

hzXyEbb.png

Chariot

1UfM3rA.png

Time for Waifus to save the day.

Basileus777 just posted in the Clannad thread that the Kickstarter for the Visual Novel that will come to Steam is up. There are still physical and digital Early Bird pledges open. This Visual Novel was adapted in my favorite anime series of all time, fans of Visual Novels should give it a look.

Basileus777 just posted in the Clannad thread that the Kickstarter for the Visual Novel that will come to Steam is up. There are still physical and digital Early Bird pledges open. This Visual Novel was adapted in my favorite anime series of all time, fans of Visual Novels should give it a look.
If only Ever17 came to steam..., well, I hear Clannad is good, hope the kickstarter is a success.

BruteUA

So I'm about halfway through AssCreed 3 and need to start thinking about acquiring Black Flag. Should I only be worried about the base game or is the Gold Edition and/or Season Pass worthwhile? I already have Freedom Cry from the Japan mistake, and have no interest in multiplayer whatsoever. Freedom Cry seems to be the real meat of the DLCs, so I'm thinking base only.

If you don't judge me for enjoying my AssCreed playthrough since that last sale, I won't judge anybody's shitty movie tastes, success/failure with the guys/ladies, that nasty cup of dirt you guys drink, or your favorite color. Thanks.

No licensing issue other than Interplay doesn't want to/can't pay for the rights to Star Trek. As such, to them, both games are abandonware.

Too bad. There's a lot of great Trek games just sitting by the wayside that haven't been picked up for digital distribution (as far as I know). DS9: The Fallen, Elite Force I/II (please, someone put these on Steam), Starfleet Command I-III, Bridge Commander, etc.

I would just about kill for a Bridge Commander/EF I/Expansion/II bundle. Still don't know why it hasn't happened yet, but then again, the "new" game franchise has done pretty poorly as well.

I bought the most recent game for $3.50 on GMG a few months back, and still haven't bothered to play it yet. Wish they'd still sold the Elite Officer Pack - I wanted customization options, dammit.

So I'm about halfway through AssCreed 3 and need to start thinking about acquiring Black Flag. Should I only be worried about the base game or is the Gold Edition and/or Season Pass worthwhile? I already have Freedom Cry from the Japan mistake, and have no interest in multiplayer whatsoever. Freedom Cry seems to be the real meat of the DLCs, so I'm thinking base only.

If you don't judge me for enjoying my AssCreed playthrough since that last sale, I won't judge anybody's shitty movie tastes, success/failure with the guys/ladies, that nasty cup of dirt you guys drink, or your favorite color. Thanks.

black flag is worse than ACIII in almost every regard. if you're going to play it, maybe go for the cheapest package.

Chariot

If only Ever17 came to steam..., well, I hear Clannad is good, hope the kickstarter is a success.
It made 34k so far and it's not even an hour. Clannad is a well known series, so I guess that it will be a success.

I hope that Ever17 can make it by itself, I don't know if a Kickstarter would work well.

Arthea

I'm kinda tempted by Start Trek game, I know it's bad, but I'm probably have hard time believing it is that bad. Somebody kindly talk me out of it, please

It made 34k so far and it's not even an hour. Clannad is a well known series, so I guess that it will be a success.

I hope that Ever17 can make it by itself, I don't know if a Kickstarter would work well.

you know that Ever17 is already a game, don't you? just checking

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Freedom Cry is the only worthwhile piece of campaign DLC so you are good to go with the basic edition.

One of these days, the video game publishers need to learn the phrase "in perpetuity throughout the universe."

I'm thinking the 950 ti will be the ultimate mid-range card. I would also suggest waiting anyways, the rumors out of the AMD camp are certainly compelling.

I've never heard of the 950 ti. It's not even listed at newegg.

Milamber

We need Valkyria Chronicles to do gangbusters on Steam, guys. Who here still doesn't have a copy? Don't you want SEGA to consider giving us VC 2 and 3 too?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
But.. I was joking! Oh god how deep does this rabbit hole go.

I can barely tell what's a joke anymore in here, so it's my bad :p

1UfM3rA.png

It's amazing that ten people already claimed the $1000 tier.

If you're not in it for multiplayer and already have Freedom Cry, there's not really much the Gold Edition has to offer. It comes with some cosmetic parts for your ship and a few tiny missions.

Anteater

We need Valkyria Chronicles to do gangbusters on Steam, guys. Who here still doesn't have a copy? Don't you want SEGA to consider giving us VC 2 and 3 too?

i already bought that shit and i live in a region where i'm not supposed to be buying that shit thanks to region lock

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm kinda tempted by Start Trek game, I know it's bad, but I'm probably have hard time believing it is that bad. Somebody kindly talk me out of it, please

I'm a huge Star Trek fan
(fun fact: my wife was in the Trekkies movie!)
and I really enjoyed the game. It wasn't incredible, but it was still pretty good and the voice acting was superb. $3.75 is a pretty fair price I think.

Chariot

bah! i'd play the both for the right price
30 Dollar isn't too shabby.

I bought the game on Steam and bought it for PSP and Vita. SEGA take mah money.

I hope they make a whole HD overhaul for 2 and 3. The PSP graphics would look terrible on the PC. Although I failed to convince ANY friend to buy it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom