• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only question on my mind is, will this be another Walking Dead or is it going to be a Wolf Among Us?

Either way, I know it's going to be a a glitchfest that is never patched. Such is Telltale's modus operandi. Six episodes instead of five increases the chance of a corrupted save... and I don't like those odds.

To minimize the odds, wait until all the episodes are released and then play them. I know I didn't run into problems until I downloaded a newly released episode. Never. Again.

Drake-From-Degrassi-psd74487.png

lmfaooo

I'm also pretty sure he didn't actually play Dragon - The Game. I think he played Really Tiny Lizard - The Game

RIICIHZl.jpg

The Dangers of Stock Assets In Non-Standard Projects, Or, The Tale of DRAGON THE GAME.

(I noted the same thing.)

To minimize the odds, wait until all the episodes are released and then play them. I know I didn't run into problems until I downloaded a newly released episode. Never. Again.

Yeah... I don't understand how TellTale survives when the ideal way to purchase their stuff is on the final episode's release, at half off.

I like their work, but there's no benefit to buying early when I could get horribly burned by their nonexistant QA/patching process.

Chariot

I seriously think George R.R. Martin might die before he finishes the series.
I believe thats why he has given a overview of his thoughts to someone if that's the case.
And his series isn't even that long. RIP Robert Jordan and RIP Terry Pratchetts mental health.

Volimar

And his series isn't even that long. RIP Robert Jordan and RIP Terry Pratchetts mental health.

This is so terrible. His brilliantly clever mind and physical health being ravaged. It'll be sad when he decides it's gone far enough and ends his life. I have loads of respect for the guy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
uh, is Steam down?

Tried to log in to my other name and it won't let me sign in

same. nvm im on now

Anyway, finished Ryse (destroying my backlog lately), Jawmuncher described it perfectly, as a modern day brawler its fun. The tech is amazing, the voice acting is surprisingly good, the story is fine, and I never got tired of the executions. Its also not particulary long which is good in this case. Worth taking a look at on a sale

Uzzy

I've done that with Walking Dead 1/2 and Wolf Among Us, and while I've not had any problems playing the games, I have had problems trying to avoid spoilers for them. I guess that's just the price you have to pay for waiting, when it comes to episodic games.

Chariot

This is so terrible. His brilliantly clever mind and physical health being ravaged. It'll be sad when he decides it's gone far enough and ends his life. I have loads of respect for the guy.
Yeah, this is arguably worse than just dying. Slowly losing your mind, while still realizing that your losing it.

Who are they?
Two big fantasy authors Jordan wrote the Wheel of Time, a epic line of fantasy novels. He died after book 11, but left a lot of notes and a somebody else continued with them. And Pratchett is very well known for the Discworld with now 40 comedic fantasy novels. He sadly got Alzheimer and is now barely able to write a coherent sentence, as far as I heard.

Dr Dogg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2HSFJhIEAEa66x.jpg[/]
[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930316"]Assassin's Creed: Unity companion app charges for in-game content. UBI pls[/URL]

ubi gonna ubi[/QUOTE]

Technically that's less than some of the ropey apps and guides that others try to make a quick buck out of. Not that this is ok and all but the Halo companion app charges for Map Overviews and no one jumped down Microsoft's throat. Then again Ubi do end up asking for folks to put the boot in when ever they do something silly, which is quite often these days :/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna thank Rhaknar for gifting me a Valkyria Chronicles key. My thanks should also go to Zkylon, for letting him know I didn't own it, and Yakkue, for giving her own key to Rhaknar.

Yeah, this is probably more complicated than your average soapbox. Basically, if you were involved in this in any way, consider me grateful ^^

Also, I've been away from this thread for a couple of days and already miss you all. Symphony of the Night is a hell of a game, and I've still got 20% left to go before reaching the second part.

MRORANGE

Alas it's going to be another busy week for me, and I'm not going to scouring this thread as closely as I can. If there is any chatter about the the community move by a mod then please send a PM if you can, I'll keep you updated if I get anything on my end.

If a mod does reply in this thread about the 'Community' situation, could you please send me a link to the post by PM.

I should probably pick up VC if I didn't have the PS3 version...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wanna thank Rhaknar for gifting me a Valkyria Chronicles key. My thanks should also go to Zkylon, for letting him know I didn't own it, and Yakkue, for giving her own key to Rhaknar.

Yeah, this is probably more complicated than your average soapbox. Basically, if you were involved in this in any way, consider me grateful ^^

Also, I've been away from this thread for a couple of days and already miss you all. Symphony of the Night is a hell of a game, and I've still got 20% left to go before reaching the second part.

if only there was some way we could send some kind of personal messages to the people involved >_>

Arthea

Yeah, this is arguably worse than just dying. Slowly losing your mind, while still realizing that your losing it.

Two big fantasy authors Jordan wrote the Wheel of Time, a epic line of fantasy novels. He died after book 11, but left a lot of notes and a somebody else continued with them. And Pratchett is very well known for the Discworld with now 40 comedic fantasy novels. He sadly got Alzheimer and is now barely able to write a coherent sentence, as far as I heard.

stop right here! not just someone, but Brandon Sanderson, which is one of the best contemporary authors, which wrote Mistborn series, which we very much want to be made into a game, trust me on this, like we want it a whole lot. The game was being made: Mistborn: Birthright by dev I never heard about unfortunately (Little Orbit), but I'm not sure it isn't canned by this point, what is too sad to ponder.

Dr Dogg

That sounds like an awfully complicated game of pass the parcel but seems everyone is a happy bunny in the end.

And yes SotN is a terrific game and always will be regardless what anyone thinks of pixel art.

Alas it's going to be another busy week for me, and I'm not going to scouring this thread as closely as I can. If there is any chatter about the the community move by a mod then please send a PM if you can, I'll keep you updated if I get anything on my end.

If a mod does reply in this thread about the 'Community' situation, could you please send me a link to the post by PM.

Will do and buy Valkyria Chronicles! (sometime when you're not too busy to play it).

Chariot

stop right here! not just someone, but Brandon Sanderson, which is one of the best contemporary authors, which wrote Mistborn series, which we very much want to be made into a game, trust me on this, like we want it a whole lot. The game was being made: Mistborn: Birthright by dev I never heard about unfortunately (Little Orbit), but I'm not sure it isn't canned by this point, what is too sad to ponder.
I'm sorry, I didn't want to insult Mr Sanderson.

You still have vhs tapes?
It's dinosaur related. I am sure, he got far older dinosaur stuff outside of the photo.

edit: including NES games apparently. Didn't see the seal.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I was really enjoying Condemned until the tedious final boss. Still, it was satisfying when the boss fight was over.

I really wish Monolith had focused more on the investigation segments than the combat.

It's all been really weird because I'm king of don't-take-this-too-seriously-GAF.

Also, for the record, SteveWinwood is my Queen.

Oh, okay, it makes sense now.

I've liked the Ghostbusters game myself. It's pretty fan service-y but bustin ghosts has been pretty enjoyable.

I remember the game getting a bit monotonous to the end, but the fanservice was more than worth putting up with that.

Well, at least it's nothing of value locked behind the app. Still gross, though.

It could always be a $4.99-9.99 DLC pack like some of the other asscreeds have had in the past.

You probably should, if only to encourage more ports and localizations.

Rhaknar

downloaded Origin

its quite ugly. so is steam. damn these ugly clients :/

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs -- MB-FEBC7F871B59E597 - Taken by Jadax
Eldritch -- MB-7F08017000DBF86F - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Greed Corp -- MB-E3209F6466ED170B - Taken by Jawmuncher
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-0AEE6B7A446D81B7 - Taken by nja
Risk of Rain -- MB-46C7560BC00444F2 - Taken by tebunker
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-3E03D6CF1EFC121E
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-787A6C0E81D505EB - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Risk of Rain #4 -- MB-1489B085AF1938C3 - Taken by XShagrath
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-C7981CA0C74E1EA5

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-A8472DF68B38F393 - Taken by shira
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-BB85C71D75038251 - Taken by lindarasta
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-B73563C5821047C3 - Taken by anastef

Won't be reposting this, as I figure these won't be too popular, but they're up for grabs if anyone wants.

Dr Dogg

Oh man, Jurassic Park NES. That reminds me, I really wish we could get Trespasser on Steam.

Ohhh while you're here. In vaugely Steam and Surface related news, Durante posted in his Valkyria Chronicles write up that perfromance was good on an Ultrabook class i5 Ivy CPU with a HD 4000 IGPU at 1280x720 and mid 40's on framerate. So Valkyria Chorinicles on the move sounds like a go. Might need that onscreen button overlay for some sections but mouse control is good for the gameplay sections it seems.

Hugstable

Banned
same. nvm im on now

Anyway, finished Ryse (destroying my backlog lately), Jawmuncher described it perfectly, as a modern day brawler its fun. The tech is amazing, the voice acting is surprisingly good, the story is fine, and I never got tired of the executions. Its also not particulary long which is good in this case. Worth taking a look at on a sale

Nice I'll need to check out Ryse sometime soon, always was kinda interested in it and thought alot of the enviroments looked pretty great.

This picture basically sums up how I feel about this article. Will be playing at 4K.

Damnnn I'm really gonna need to pick this up for 1080p Alicia now huh.

Ohhh while you're here. In vaugely Steam and Surface related news, Durante posted in his Valkyria Chronicles write up that perfromance was good on an Ultrabook class i5 Ivy CPU with a HD 4000 IGPU at 1280x720 and mid 40's on framerate. So Valkyria Chorinicles on the move sounds like a go. Might need that onscreen button overlay for some sections but mouse control is good for the gameplay sections it seems.

Oh, interesting. I never even considered trying it on my Surface Pro. Might have to give that a go this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom