• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
He's Alan Wake and he's a writer. Did you know? His name is Alan wake and he's a writer.
I'm sorry your joke just went over my head :/

yea but then you have the lollipop chainsaw zombie dudes yelling silly stuff at you and the mood is dead
Lollipop Chainsaw..?
lollipop_chainsaw_juliet_by_semsei-d4covnj1-4.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
despite all the seriously embarrassing pandering i actually really enjoyed lollipop chainsaw

the humor really worked for me and juliet's a total badass

combat wasn't too bad either

How can you forget ASSteBreed.
i know not what that is

but i'll give you the benefit of not looking it up :>

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i know not what that is

but i'll give you the benefit of not looking it up :>

Don't worry, it's like saying ASSassin Creed, it's safe to check (and a awesome shooter to
boot)

Jawmuncher

In the line for Halo MCC.
Ugh forgot how shitty midnight launches are by yourself.

Should just go digital but for console games I just can't for some reason.

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't worry, it's like saying ASSassin Creed, it's safe to check (and a awesome shooter to
boot)
not my genre but looks pretty alright

we never had this in argieland

i kinda want to do one of those once in my life

Miguel81

Maybe it's the fact that your games are forever tied to proprietary hardware/software, and they're expensive to boot. At least that is in my case. Much safer to stick with hard copies for consoles.

Edit: Speaking of consoles. It's disappointing that Vice City Stories was never ported to PC/Steam. I'm liking the PS2 version so far, but the IQ is horrendous. Apparently, there is a conversion mod for San Andreas -> Vice City Stories. Maybe I should give one a try.

Jawmuncher

Maybe it's the fact that your games are forever tied to proprietary hardware/software, and they're expensive to boot. At least that is in my case.
Yeah I really feel its tied to that.
With PC gaming I always have my games even if worse come to worse.

With consoles who knows what's going to happen. I just can't spend 60 USD when I think of the future and how companies dislike backwards compatibility.

Miguel81

Yeah I really feel its tied to that.
With PC gaming I always have my games even if worse come to worse.

With consoles who knows what's going to happen. I just can't spend 60 USD when I think of the future and how companies dislike backwards compatibility.

For now you'll get a nice tangible item(s). Maybe later it'll appear on Steam and there's your digital copy. Hope it's not too cold out there.

Of course I want it, but I always think of this series when it is brought up.

Shadownet

Banned
we never had this in argieland

i kinda want to do one of those once in my life
I used to work at GameStop so I've been to every midnight launch you can think of. I was there for Halo 4 launch, every CoD launch, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, heck I went to Prototype 2 launch for shit and giggles.

Jawmuncher

For now you'll get a nice tangible item(s). Maybe later it'll appear on Steam and there's your digital copy. Hope it's not too cold out there.

Of course I want it, but I always think of this series when it is brought up.

It was fine already back.
Now the joy of just letting the disc sit there while it gets everything it needs.
Midnight Launches are dead on Xbox One unless you go digital now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anything else in the gold rush situation? I'm not shaking my fist in anger, just curious

Ozium

Alan Wake is a marvelous game.. it's the Alan Wake of video games.

Remedy Entertainment has not once, in their entire existence as a company, made a bad game.

#youhearditherefirst

Anything else in the gold rush situation? I'm not shaking my fist in anger, just curious

you are being Punished, Snake

Shadownet

Banned

I am. I checked that thread yesterday. The rep is still mum about the whole situation after saying that they're working with Valve to give those who bought the Special Edition the entire game.

Ozium

How many people on PC want it? A damn sight more than would want it on the platform you put it on, buddy.

this is very likely true

if these comments were made in the "please please please buy D4 for Xbox® One" thread you would both be drawn and quartered...

I would buy it on the Steams as well

idk what d4 is

it's a telltale-like episodic adventure game by the guy who made Deadly Premonition, currently sent to die by Microsoft as an exclusive on the Xbox® One

jblank83

it's a telltale-like episodic adventure game by the guy who made Deadly Premonition, currently sent to die by Microsoft as an exclusive on the Xbox® One

That's disappointing. I thought it was more like Deadly Premonition.

Is it really like Telltale's games?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just saw this

9dnZcIw.png

Well, with all the doom and gloom over the performance of the game on the X1, he doesn't have much to lose. Devolver may be interested in working with him if the cost of porting the game would be too prohibitive to fund personally.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well, with all the doom and gloom over the performance of the game on the X1, he doesn't have much to lose. Devolver may be interested in working with him if the cost of porting the game would be too prohibitive to fund personally.

Well I trust them to not just dump it after two patches like Rising Star did at least. I can't believe they gave them the Deadly Premonition license when making the director's cut though. x:

itll sell ten times as many copies on steam

so we're looking at at least 100 copies sold

Jawmuncher

Milamber explain Comic Market for me.

Visual Art’s/Key member Itaru Hinoue (Clannad & Little Busters!) began working on her very own visual novel titled Holy Breaker!: The Witch Betrayed Blue Moon Wicca.
The VN will be available during the Comic Market 87 on December 28th through 30th, where it can be purchased for 3,000 yen plus tax for PC.
-Synopsis-
The world was created by weapons.
From myths of countries to the symbol of a king, the ten weapons are part of various traditions. However, they say that one who can acquire all ten will gain immeasurable destructive power.
When the two moons rise, the legend becomes a reality, and its hidden powers awaken. And now, beneath a black witch and a white conjurer oppose one another.
After witnessing the fight, the protagonist gets involved with their fate…
003.jpg

Ozium

That's disappointing. I thought it was more like Deadly Premonition.

Is it really like Telltale's games?

I don't know how much it's like Telltale's games but it's not like DP.. it's a small downloadable title

I hope it does come to Steam and that it sells beyond Swery's dreams and he goes and tells his other dev friends in Japan about this awesome store he discovered where they can peddle their wares.

Jawmuncher

I don't know how much it's like Telltale's games but it's not like DP.. it's a small downloadable title

I hope it does come to Steam and that it sells beyond Swery's dreams and he goes and tells his other dev friends in Japan about this awesome store he discovered where they can peddle their wares.

The idea that you walk around in small areas and interact with stuff, as well as action sequences are "QTEs" are the only similarities.

There's no choices, you have stamina and other factors to worry about.
Really it's just a TT game because it's the easiest thing to compare it to.

Nabs

Elliot Quest has been released (at 1am EST) and Steam keys are up at IndieGameStand

I'll test it out in a bit and let you guys know how the port is.

zkylon

zkylewd
I used to work at GameStop so I've been to every midnight launch you can think of. I was there for Halo 4 launch, every CoD launch, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, heck I went to Prototype 2 launch for shit and giggles.
that's cool

i think people rushed the iphone stores before they stopped selling iphones here but that doesn't sound like my kind of thing

but i like the idea of going with your thermos and like staying up all night with friends hyping up your new console or something

what's a gold rush situation

Bought it used for cheap too.
T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom