• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any chance 1080p on 13-2 means 13 will get it patched? or were they different engines, I have no idea

Tenrius

Oh my god, forcing it actually worked. It totally doesn't work with Sonic Generations, Binary Domain and other Sega games. Outrage cancelled, Sega redeemed.

The settings screen doesn't change though.

I vaguely remember having some issues with Sonic Generations in the past, but I believe it might have been fixed in one of the driver updates. At least I played several Sega games including Sonic Generations recently and it was fine. It still shows my integrated card in the settings, but it all actually runs through the proper one now. So you might want to check up on those game too — who knows, maybe they'll work for you now.

Jawmuncher

268x268.resizedimage

ON STEAM GREENLIGHT

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=339048194

What's NEKOPARA? Why, it's a cat paradise!

Kashou Minazuki, the son of a long line of Japanese confection makers moved out to open his own shop "La Soleil" as a patisserie.

But upon moving out, hidden amongst his things were two of the catgirls ("neko"), Chocola and Vanilla, that the family had been raising. When he tried to send them back, they begged and pleaded until he gave in and now they've opened La Soleil together.

With two nekos who really, REALLY love their master trying their very best and occasionally failing -- a heartful comedy opens for business!

See the Sayori NEKO WORKs’ mascots Chocola and Vanilla like never before, moving, and in full voice on screen. And now with the E-mote System, the characters smoothly move on screen changing expression and poses in countless ways.

Nzyme32

I FUCKING CALLED IT

Valkyria Chronicles DOES have the same NVIDIA Optimus bullshit problems than the other SEGA games. Fucking goddamn hell. BRB, playing it at 320x240 30hz

If your on an intel machine, you could use force the onboard graphics (intelhdxxxx) instead. Some friends are playing the game with it without issue. Probably not 60fps but playable

Backlogger

holy shit thats the best humble bundle ever holy hell

Definitely the first good one in a while. I've been spending a lot less frivolously on bundles the last 8 months or so, but I just couldn't pass on this one.

I really wanted Grid 2 and Blackguards. I have a passing interest in Truck Simulator 2 (didn't really play the first one even after owning it for a year or so).

Looking forward to playing some Blackguards tonight!

Andrefpvs

Regarding Final Fantasy XIII-2, you guys have to trust me on this one.

It has the BEST FF villain since Sephiroth, a fantastic soundtrack, and an ending that I absolutely loved because of how unconventional it is.

Sure, the game is very easy (outside of the DLC challenges) and the story may get a bit silly, but this is a much better game than FF XIII.

Mostly, I want you guys to get the game just so I can see your reactions to the ending :p

MUnited83

For you.
so the screens i've seen of Insurgency just make it look like a Dust 2/Modern Warfare clone thingy. What is it and why are people so hungry for some of it?

It's a damn great game. A very tactical FPS with great gameplay.Think Red Orchestra 2 with a modern setting and somewhat smaller maps.

Jawmuncher

jms0l0lrUpcZI.png

What the shit

18+ obviously means H scenes so of course that won't be on steam.
It's the same case currently with a lot of the VNs on there which were actually translated.
At least the option is there and perhaps it will be possible to buy from one store and still get a steam key.

Alien8

Also...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Alien8, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-DCC843FC6895B0CC - Taken by ViviOggi

iosefe

can someone recommend a good, affordable mouse? it don't have to be a gaming mouse, but if there is a good one that skirts that line, it would be nice

i'll probably just wait will black friday/cyber monday

hohoXD123

I FUCKING CALLED IT

Valkyria Chronicles DOES have the same NVIDIA Optimus bullshit problems than the other SEGA games. Fucking goddamn hell. BRB, playing it at 320x240 30hz

Yeah, had to change the settings in the nvidia control panel to force the game to use the dedicated card, pretty strange for a steam game. Not a massive issue though.

I hope.
Have stayed away from the anime just in vain that it hits steam someday.

Games are games is all im going to say.

But the anime is so good.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, had to change the settings in the nvidia control panel to force the game to use the dedicated card, pretty strange for a steam game. Not a massive issue though.

But the anime is so good.

The anime is based off the game though right?
Thus the novel must be good as well.
I had the same case with Danganronpa.

If I watch the anime, playing the VN will kinda be pointless at that point.

Shadownet

Banned
so do the people that buy the russian version get screwed now, or will it still work?

i was tempted to buy it, but I figured i might as well wait. i have to upgrade my pc and by the time i do that it'll probably be on sale for $20 anyway.

If you already bought the game AND redeemed it. You should be okay. But those traders who have copies left in their inventory might be screwed. Unless they can sell it to other Russians.

Wait a minute. That's the same kind of talk they reserve for MOBAs. Does that mean the community will jump down your neck if you're not that good a player?

So basically the same as HuniePop. There's a Steam version and a Steamy version.

No,its a small community and no one is like that from what i've seen. That's something you will see in COD. I dont think many kids play this type of game since its skillful.

Ozium

holy shit Verdun is incredible... I was just tlaking to Jawmuncher the other day about how I wanted a WW1 game and this is fucking perfect...

you basically either attack or defend, and you try to take a section of the enemy's trenches, they are trying to stop you... if you are defending and you defend your section for the round then you get the chance for a counterattack to push them further backwards... trench warfare > modern warfare

also got gassed, had to put on a gas mask and it was fucking crazy

I have no idea what I'm doing tho lol

YOOOO guys whats up, finally home from a long stressful day at work. Good to know that just cause 3 won't be free to play and there is apparently no microtransactions. also the new humble bundle is pretty dope, I've wanted always sometimes monsters since it came out. think I'll wait and see if I win any giveaways tho since its the only one on the list that I want. If i don't win thats alright though, its only 1 dollar :p.

holy shit Verdun is incredible... I was just tlaking to Jawmuncher the other day about how I wanted a WW1 game and this is fucking perfect...

you basically either attack or defend, and you try to take a section of the enemy's trenches, they are trying to stop you... if you are defending and you defend your section for the round then you get the chance for a counterattack to push them further backwards... trench warefare!

also got gassed, had to put on a gas mask and it was fucking crazy

I have no idea what I'm doing tho lol

Damn that seems fun

madjoki

If you already bought the game AND redeemed it. You should be okay. But those traders who have copies left in their inventory might be screwed. Unless they can sell it to other Russians.

Shouldn't existing copies stay region free, since it was "locked", but lock didn't actually work (and that's why they made new sub)?

MUnited83

For you.

Nope. The old version is still bugged and thus region free. They created a new sub that they locked sucessfully. It doesn't affect copies left on inventory.

KiDdYoNe

It's alright, price went up too. But yeah, after the Valiant Hearts i hope a lot of duders are smarter now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom