• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Cave Story+ hard mode is the only thing that has ever made me quit due to difficulty. Couldn't even make it through the sand zone, and I was quite persistent.
Yeah sand zone was pretty awful, mostly because of the dog collecting. Stupid floating dinosaur heads. I spent hours there because of those guys.

The monster x boss had me in the labyrinth for weeks, and I finally beat it earlier this week. But now the core is fucking awful. You can't even dodge properly because of the water periodically filling the screen.

I really regret not getting the machine gun from Curly. I only have the polar star, the fireball, and the blade. It's shit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So what are the best games on sale this Halloween? I'm already getting Five Nights at Freddies.

Semi-serious answer: All of them.
Super-serious answer: Classic point-and-click adventure game Sanitarium is 40% off, although it's technically not part of the sale.

JaseC

Does the steam friends slot increase with every level up or just every 10 levels?

Every level (+5 slots). You get an additional showcase slot for every 10.

I tried this and UKNOV15OFF, nothing worked. Is it because they are soon migrating back to Direct2Drive?

Possibly, but there's a chance that the code just hasn't been implemented yet.

L.O.R.D

NOT Steam related , but i felt i had to post it here
B1X1L79CQAAnc1B.jpg

Digimon all star rumble is available now in some stores in UAE

Benedict

So what other games than Alien Isolation has kick-ass TF2 items that you can sell?
I know about:
Fairie Solitaire,
Fallout 3 (or NV)
Bioshock Infinite
Octodad.

Mind you, neither of them have come close to the prices going for the Alien Isolation items.

Shadownet

Banned
Semi-serious answer: All of them.
Super-serious answer: Classic point-and-click adventure game Sanitarium is 40% off, although it's technically not part of the sale.

Is Sanitarium THAT good? Everyone keep talking about it.

Is there any other games that are must buy right now? I keep eyeing the Painkiller Pack

MattyG

Banned
I'm guessing pretty much everyone is in at this point, but if not, here you go!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MattyG, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Evolve Big Alpha #5 -- MB-750E52AD33674ADA - Taken by Whelan
Evolve Big Alpha #4 -- MB-B0853346710A0793
Evolve Big Alpha #1 -- MB-0EAC878BFFFFADAF
Evolve Big Alpha #3 -- MB-4639F0721F408812
Evolve Big Alpha #2 -- MB-66B991C76E2CD70F

derExperte

Do many people here have this game? I've seen videos on youtube and feel like I've already gotten the joke, so I'm not sure it'd be worth buying it.

Two big maps with a lot to do/discover and they've announced another big update. If you find the concept at least slightly amusing it's well worth the price.

Benedict

Quick sale of my Alien Isolation TF2 items.
Prices are after Steam-tax:

Genuine Biomech Backpack 1,39€
Genuine Xeno Suit 1,22€
Genuine Alien Cranium 2,09€
Genuine Nostromo Napalmer 3,14€
Genuine MK 50 1,36€

Total: 9.2 €

Going towards the winter sale/next sale of Divinity Original Sin or Dark Souls 2.

JaseC

I was expecting pre-order DLC, but there's none. Oh, and it's region-locked, of course (ACRTAG).

Zafir

Yeah I got just over £8 from my alien items. Pretty happy considering I only paid one dollar or whatever it was for that amd code, lol.

Hmmm, so I tried to put 2 more 4gb dimms in my mobo... but when I do, the PC goes into a boot loop where I can't even see the BIOS post screen output to the monitor before it restarts.

The ram is identical, for the most part (cosmetic differences, but same brand, same specs)...

The only configuration i've found that works is 0-0-1-1... anything else and the board goes into boot loop hell.

Is this a mobo problem or a CPU problem? my year warranty is probably up on both :\

Athleon

Yeah sand zone was pretty awful, mostly because of the dog collecting. Stupid floating dinosaur heads. I spent hours there because of those guys.

The monster x boss had me in the labyrinth for weeks, and I finally beat it earlier this week. But now the core is fucking awful. You can't even dodge properly because of the water periodically filling the screen.

I really regret not getting the machine gun from Curly. I only have the polar star, the fireball, and the blade. It's shit.

OH RIGHT now I remembered, I had actually made it to the monster X boss, that's where I was stuck for ages. The labyrinth music was basically engraved in my brain (although that's not entirely bad).

And I even had the machine gun, still got rekt. Although if you stick with the playthrough, you won't be sorry you passed on that trade.

Varg

Banned
any reason why my tf2 alien items are still non tradeable/sellable? Is it a certain number of days before they can be?

any reason why my tf2 alien items are still non tradeable/sellable? Is it a certain number of days before they can be?
JaseC helped me yesterday, make sure your account isn't a free tf2 account and buy something off the man Co store.

Should be a 10 cent item.

JaseC

If you unlocked the items before they became marketable, try running the game again, either directly or via SAM/the app id trick. If that doesn't work/apply, then you have a free account and need to buy this.

Related to the Halloween Sale, is Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver worth playing? Will it support the DS3/DS4 controller and are there any updates or mods that make it look decent on a modern laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom