• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
what items are you talking about ?
i don't have Aliens yet , can i unlock it if i played TF2 ?

If you don't own the game then you shouldn't be able to get the items anymore.
If you preordered it but didn't install it, then opening TF2 will unlock the items.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Question: Does/has Valve punish/ed people who use a non region-evading VPN to connect to Steam? I'm fed up with toggling my VPN off to connect to Steam and then remembering to toggle it back on after. I'm in the US, the VPN is in the US. The VPN is for remote authentication to academic databases, so it's a professional thing.

Has GMG said when they will send out Advanced Warfare keys?

Edit: To clarify it's getting an "early" release monday, so I wonder how the GMG lag will play out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question: Does/has Valve punish/ed people who use a non region-evading VPN to connect to Steam? I'm fed up with toggling my VPN off to connect to Steam and then remembering to toggle it back on after. I'm in the US, the VPN is in the US. The VPN is for remote authentication to academic databases, so it's a professional thing.

Valve's beef with VPN usage is solely with regard to bypassing regional restrictions on the store. Thus far this year I'd estimate that I've logged into Steam/the Steam website from a non-Aussie IP at least 50 times.

Corpekata

Banned

Generally they only care if you buy something while VPNed or activate a restricted gift while VPNed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Valve's beef with VPN usage is solely with regard to bypassing regional restrictions on the store. Thus far this year I'd estimate that I've logged into Steam/the Steam website from a non-Aussie IP at least 50 times.

OK, cool. So I'm not going to get the Steam Police kicking down my door to ask me why it seems like I live in a different part of California than I connect to Steam through :p

They're advertising preload now on the site so I'd think they're sending it already.
Yeah, I just saw that and feel awfully silly. Bought for 41 dollars, doubt I can feel too much regret at that price.

So excited to play games tomorrow, feel like death. Worked a noon-10 shift, and then had to come back in at 5:30 am for 6 hours ;-;

Anteater

brightness is kind of weird in the evil within, there are a lot of crushed blacks at default settings but if you turn the brightness up it looks like ass, so I guess it's meant to be that way, but it looks bad.

Bigby

Guys, I'm playing Borderlands Pre-Sequel and I want Sub-Level 13 achievement, is here one person who can join me now? It'll make us 4.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the flying fuck at these alien prices? just sold some weapon skin for 3.75€ o_O

edit: and I just made like 9€ from those items... again, whut? o_O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
41 dollars how? Credit or is there a working voucher?

You can buy the SA version of the game for 23 keys, which, assuming $1.90 per key, comes to $43.70. It's region-free (bought it myself in addition to the Digital Pro upgrade as this worked out cheaper than buying the Digital Pro Edition itself).

what the flying fuck at these alien prices? just sold some weapon skin for 3.75€ o_O

It's crazy, that's why I'm excited for TF2 items on pre-orders, easy way to recoup some of the cost. I made $13 in about 15 minutes last night on mine.

Shadownet

Banned
Supply and Demand. Also, crazy Alien fans.

You can buy the SA version of the game for 23 keys, which, assuming $1.90 per key, comes to $43.70. It's region-free (bought it myself in addition to the Digital Pro upgrade as this worked out cheaper than buying the Digital Pro Edition itself).
But the question is, will you play it?

Maniac

Banned
general quest design, the factions and reputation systems, real companions, real endings, actual care for the fallout lore and universe, stats and skills and perks retuning, the dlc being godly

i don't think that any of that is debatable and sets fo3 apart from the other ones

other than that i think the writing in fallout 3 is all kinds of terrible (new vegas is inconsistent but has really high highs) and the whole world building thing has been discussed to death but imo new vegas still trumps fo3 in that regard

but those two don't matter so much in the fact that the first things are what separate the fallout series from goofy post apocalyptic elder scrolls

(... And much more, zkylon long post best post, -snip-)
I personally think that one of the most on-point explanations would be that Bethesda are damn good at macro world design, whereas Obsidian excells at micro world design. Every single detail in New Vegas just... Makes sense. Settlements are placed believeably, near stuff like springs, water sources etcetera, and not in the crater of a bloody live nuke.

And ofcourse, included in this micro-design would be quest-design and writing. It's just leagues ahead. Bethesda is also very good at consistency, which Obsidian isn't great at, but that's alright when your lows only dip slightly below Bethesda's, but your highs are up to the stratosphere :p

She's all growed up.

:3
And sexy. Gawd damn sexy amirite
I really want to say FERK HER RIGHT IN THE PERRSAY, but that'd be offensive, especially to Jase.
And the worst character still survives!

Insult to injury.
I shot said person in the face post-Megaton.

no need you can just ask me!

imo all you really need is:

project nevada/jesawyer mod
new vegas redesigned
mtui
nevada skies

all the rest are non-essentials but nice to have, specially all the restoration mods which i wholeheartly recommend (new vegas and freeside restoration mods, the npc projects and new vegas uncut)
I'm thinking of getting back into NV, so I'll keep this list at hand. Ta!
<3
Gambling. What else would you be doing in New Vegas?

Also what is up with Five Nights At Freddy's? That game looks creepy as hell, and people are loving it. I don't understand the fascination with this game.
image.php

Well... That's an avatar I can get behind. Seriously.
I'd do her from behind. And infront. And a lot of other angles.

Miguel81

brightness is kind of weird in the evil within, there are a lot of crushed blacks at default settings but if you turn the brightness up it looks like ass, so I guess it's meant to be that way, but it looks bad.

Yeah. The blacks are murky and crushed on both my monitor and television. No matter how much I mess with the contrast/brightness. I've just accepted that it's a design decision.

Shadownet

Banned
http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=280066&dateline=1414861860
Well... That's an avatar I can get behind. Seriously.
I'd do her from behind. And infront. And a lot of other angles.
bruh, you have a deathwish?

That was the intention, but my mate recently said he's going to buy the X1 version, so I'll probably end up playing that instead.
I watched some multiplayer gameplay, all the jumping around make me feel a bit dizzy. It looks like Titanfall.

I already sold one of the items and if the other 4 sell then I'd have around $15 off the items I had no intention of ever using...works for me

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Sometimes I wonder what the cock is wrong with Capcpom.

No one yet?

Daily Deal: Goat Simulator -50%

One step closer to being bundled. The wait will be worth it, I can feel it.

NOT Steam related , but i felt i had to post it here
B1X1L79CQAAnc1B.jpg

Digimon all star rumble is available now in some stores in UAE

Still salty that Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode is probably never going to be localized. Fucking Bandai Namco.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
final tally from Alien items: 11.50€ or so. Well alrighty then

AHA-Lambda

Few spares going, just grab them:

Teleglitch -- MB-FBBA20AA780B94DD - Taken by The Boat
Risk of Rain 1 -- MB-4294683792BD3EB6 - Taken by NEO0MJ
PAYDAY 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-D8CE71E4159C7E66 - Taken by Erudite

final tally from Alien items: 11.50&#8364; or so. Well alrighty then

Wait, what?

I better get on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom