• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

As a matter of fact, my Avatar isnt AC related at all. And my name? Yeah, man. Sucks that I've been sticking to the same Username for over 5 years now. Obviously means I'm a giant fanboy.
Edit: Might want to add that I'm not. I didnt enjoy any Assassin's Creed game except 2 and Brotherhood. Kinda disqualifies me from that, seeing as I dislike most games in the franchise.

Just wanted to point out the irony that a person named EzioCroft liked AC 2/Brotherhood (which star Ezio) and disliked AC3/AC4 (which don't star Ezio).
Did not intend to offend you in any way other that that, you're more than entitled to having your opinion. :)

wilflare

super super sure about that ?

I asked two of them.
both mentioned the gifting lock.

i replied saying "the trading lock is not enabled right?"

but they replied saying but there's no stopping Valve/Steam from adding "onlyallowrunincountries" now that gifting is locked for this.

so yea, both refused my order for Witcher 3 :/

MayMay

Banned
Just wanted to point out the irony that a person named EzioCroft liked AC 2/Brotherhood (which star Ezio) and disliked AC3/AC4 (which don't star Ezio).
Did not intend to offend you in any way other that that, you're more than entitled to having your opinion. :)

All good, lol. I just thought that was some kind of "Oh, well you're liking this game - of course you do look at your username you giant fanboy" thing, so I justified myself for that. My username is unfortunate, and Ill probably change it in the future. I don't even use it anymore outside of Gaf.. But yeah, all good.

Today is my cake day
DASXSw3.png

Happy Birthday :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Could have sworn Apotheon came out earlier in the year, vaguely remember someone comparing it unfavorably to Guacamelee, saying the gameplay is rather simplistic. The art style is nice.

There was a beta period for those who pre-ordered particularly early.

I asked two of them.
both mentioned the gifting lock.

i replied saying "the trading lock is not enabled right?"

but they replied saying but there's no stopping [CDPR] from adding "onlyallowrunincountries" now that gifting is locked for this.

so yea, both refused my order for Witcher 3 :/

I mentioned this a little earlier:

Although The Witcher 3 remains region-free, I would advise against purchasing the new sub for the time being as the fact it isn't supposed to be giftable means retroactive region-locks are a distinct possibility. Case in point: Thi4f's RU/CIS pre-purchase sub was region-free for months before Squeenix threw OARIC into the mix and the flag was never removed.

If you want to play it safe, wait until the pre-load begins. If you want to be super safe, avoid the sub entirely.

Asgaro

I'm still not over how good that Humble Bundle is. That 1$ tier is insane.

True that.
I'm kicking myself because I already bought Always Sometimes Monsters and GRID 2 each for € 4.99 or a bit lower, and haven't gotten around to even playing it...

I thought I was already playing it smart by only buying games when they drop to € 4.99 or less but it seems it happens more and more frequently those games eventually arrive in bundles.

So as of this moment I won't buy any game anymore standalone till my backlog is complete. If a wishlisted game arrives in a bundle, of course I'll buy it.

(My backlog isn't that huge. Give me 1 to 2 years and it's done. I've been close to 75% completion in the past.)

JaseC

how's Unity?

It feels good to again be running around in locations that are aesthetically and architecturally interesting. The game is a technical mess, though -- e.g. there seems to be some sort of memory leak in the beginning of the second sequence that causes system RAM usage to shoot up. Windows complained about performance being low before locking up entirely (just as well I saved the details of my job interview tomorrow).

Saty

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-489280348B53E7BB - Taken by brynjolf
Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-0C6A97A89C509627
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-5F7DCE9082889C55 - Taken by Decado
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-15839E824B26A692 - Taken by hepburn3d

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of CheesecakeRecipe, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (CheesecakeRecipe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ether One -- MB-01DFFC3F0C3ED9AF

t1415797102z1.png

Kiru

If you want to play it safe, wait until the pre-load begins. If you want to be super safe, avoid the sub entirely.

Glad I already got mine months ago, but still missed a nice opportunity yesterday to make some nice cash...^^

Milamber

Why am I at work? I want to go home and play. But I still have to go to the gym for an hour or two before I go home. Stupid responsibilities.

I need to progress in Valkyria Chronicles. I need to get my 3DS Streetpass Homepass set up. I need to get some friend codes set up again on my new 2DS because it's lonely. I need to get the top of the leaderboards in Sleeping Dogs DE too.

I'm thinking of just laying down instead now.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Why am I at work? I want to go home and play. But I still have to go to the gym for an hour or two before I go home. Stupid responsibilities.

I need to progress in Valkyria Chronicles. I need to get my 3DS Streetpass Homepass set up. I need to get some friend codes set up again on my new 2DS because it's lonely. I need to get the top of the leaderboards in Sleeping Dogs DE too.

#JustMilamberThings ;)

Arthea

It feels good to again be running around in locations that are aesthetically and architecturally interesting. The game is a technical mess, though -- e.g. there seems to be some sort of memory leak in the beginning of the second sequence that causes system RAM usage to shoot up. Windows complained about performance being low before locking up entirely (just as well I saved the details of my job interview tomorrow).

eww, that sucks. let's hope it's fixable and Ubi is willing to fix it.

I question this every day, then I remember that if not work I would have what to play, and would be in mercy of modbot *shudders*

still left:

Risk of Rain #1 -- MB-77228B1FF52177B5 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-64439D9A3475B1C4 - Taken by M*A*S*H. 2 entrants total.

Modbot

header.jpg

Finished Pitiri 1977. Short game, nice ideas, charming artwork, slightly awkward controls.

Pitiri 1977 is a fun, little platform game that mashes together the love for retro gaming, scifi and metroid.

In short, you run and jump, and gain powers to use to solve basic puzzles to advance through the story. Perhaps I'm writing this too soon after finishing the game, as I did enjoy what I played but it was over far too quickly. I think I must have done it in 90 minutes or so without really trying.

There isn't much to explore within the maps, so even when I went back to see if I had missed something it didn't appear as though I had. However... I still enjoyed it. It has a certain level of charm that can only be achieved by the developer's love for what they're doing.
All the art assets have been hand-drawn and put into the game, the animation reminds me of some of the cartoons I watched growing up, and there's just a sense of 'Child's Dream' to it all. It might not be for all, but it worked for me; mixed together with the soundtrack and the sci-fi references, I found myself smiling.

The controls are very basic, and exclusively use the keyboard's arrow keys for movement. So at times it can feel a little 'old school' by nature (and maybe by design). There are no option settings too, so you'll have to make do with the default volume levels (or change them in your control panel setup if too loud).

Once you complete the game you get to unlock Sandbox mode, which allows you to create your own levels - so I look forward to those in the future.

I think I preferred the Alternative Ending.

In shorter short: Short game with a high degree of charm.

Phinor

VG247 did a comparison of digital game prices on the XB1 and PS4: http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/12/ps4-xbox-one-digital-higher-prices/

If someone wants to make a thread, go ahead.

This is really interesting and shows what Europeans have known for a while. The only way you buy digital full price games is if you don't care about money. I kind of wish they had Finland up there too, because at least on Playstation some games cost even more than 69.99€ digitally. For example Dragon Age Inquisition basic version is 72.99€ on PS3 and PS4.

I can see myself not buying many console games at all during the whole Xbone/PS4 generation. Even top tier console exclusives are a hard sell at 69.99€ - 72.99€ and I bet they are trying to bump up the prices even more once they realize next-gen (current-gen) games aren't selling as well as they did on PS3/X360.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Managed to beat the first boss in Rogue Legacy yesterday, pretty fun and hard to stop playing. Had quite a few laughs with the traits and how some of the characters looked (love it when the female ones come with a white beard). I was 12 levels lower than the first boss and managed to beat it swiftly with a few upgrades and proper dodging. Deciding how to use the Architect was interesting too, did it in order to grab my first two Fairy Chests while using teleports. I was a bit concerned about the supposed grindy nature of the game, but from what I played there's still more than enough strategy and actual gameplay involved. And well, the "grind" is the game.

Enjoyed my time with it so far, feels like it will be a good "companion game" for Valkyria Chronicles, which I also started yesterday. Haven't gotten past the tutorial sections yet in VC, but I'm digging the mechanics and visuals. Hopefully the cutscenes get sparser further into the game though.

Chariot

Enjoyed my time with it so far, feels like it will be a good "companion game" for Valkyria Chronicles, which I also started yesterday. Haven't gotten past the tutorial sections yet in VC, but I'm digging the mechanics and the visuals. Hopefully the cutscenes get sparser further into the game though.
No, I think it's always four cutscenes and a mission (sometimes some optional cutscenes). Do you not enjoy the story? :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
No, I think it's always four cutscenes and a mission (sometimes some optional cutscenes). Do you not enjoy the story? :(
I do! I'm liking the setting and characters already and it seems like it will get even better. It's just that I have to take cutscene time into account in the time I usually have to sit down and play during the week.

Ruruja

I could never figure out how to play Myst as a child. I was a dumb kid.

I had it as part of a 'charity bundle' game for my PS1 along with Broken Sword and I think Road Rash (what a strange collection).

Needless to say it was the least played of the three and I remember solving one or two puzzles but never got very far in it at all.

Jawmuncher

Finally Used In Home Streaming.
Works so well, will end up using it for some VC in bed.

I also just realized with this I could use my Laptop connected to my TV if I want to play there.

JaseC

23 minutes ago
Added ReleaseStateOverrideCountries – AU,NZ
Added ReleaseStateOverride – released
Added name – Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

Sure, that makes sense.

Edit: Oh, I was still on the Russian store. Also, PES 2014 isn't long for this world, so snap it up ASAP if you still want it.

Dr Dogg

Just been having a little browse around a few places I normally stick my head in and this is something I find boggling but 1, just 1 UK retailer sold through 10,000 9xx series Nvidia GPUs. That's crazy.

Edit: Oh, I was still on the Russian store. Also, PES 2014 isn't long for this world, so snap it up ASAP if you still want it.

Gah! I was hoping for a discount on the WC DLC pack in one of the sales. Fingers crossed it lasts that long. Or there's always Nuuvem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom