• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accoun

Well, I'm seeing time limited deals - 1h, 4h, so I guess they are making us not sleep for a week. :)

Weren't last time free games being available for like, half an hour at 3 or 4 AM Polish time (at least the last one, whatever it was)? I remember I couldn't endure it and missed that game.

r3n4ud

Not gaming related per se, but patch your machines, guys.
Its a nasty bug

bug-bite.jpg

Dr Dogg

Wow, so Unity is the most demanding game released so far on any platform.

Demanding? Debateable, that can be applied or inferred in lots of ways and even something like Shogun II can cripple mighty CPUs. Though going from those graphs on CPU utilisation it seems like it's quite well threaded. Though one of the producers/devs talks about things running in parallel and that kind of matches up here. Though for a more thorough analysis you'd need a few other benchmarks (and personally I'd like a look myself firsthand) before drawing any full or final conclusions.

Sendou

Let's be honest.

Using and maintaining a PC has never been as easy as it is now.

True.

I still listen to the horrible noise my faulty fan makes as I write this. Then again it's easy to replace but I'm too lazy to actually make it happen so why am I even bringing this up it's my own fault. Going to fix it soon(tm) though.

Copons

How does this CS:Go Vanguard thing work.

I heard with the operations you can make a bit of Steammoney. So I buy the pass... and then?

It's pretty easy, but slightly time consuming.

After you buy and activate the operation pass, you'll have a sort of ingame book that keeps track of your operation progress.
Missions consists of dumb stuff, like "Kill 20 (human) people with an AK-47" or "Win 15 competitive matches in Dust II".
You can complete missions just playing normally, or you could go for a specific mission clicking the Play This Mission button placed wherever it shows your available missions.

So, you'll eventually complete a mission during a match. When that match ends, you (and everybody else) will obtain the mission reward, which can be an operation case or a random weapon skin (it says it in the mission description).

Apparently, after some missions completed there's a cooldown. I completed 3 missions and it now says I won't be able to do any more missions for the next 4 days. IIRC, this wasn't the case with the previous operation, but I don't know, as I jumped in really late and maybe at the beginning was like this.

That's it, really.

Just saying, my 3 completed missions dropped 2 Operation Vanguard cases and 1 PP-Bizon skin, all already sold for a whopping 2€ and spare (almost half of what I paid for the op pass), which isn't bad considering I played for like 30 minutes.

It's pretty easy, but slightly time consuming.

After you buy and activate the operation pass, you'll have a sort of ingame book that keeps track of your operation progress.
Missions consists of dumb stuff, like "Kill 20 (human) people with an AK-47" or "Win 15 competitive matches in Dust II".
You can complete missions just playing normally, or you could go for a specific mission clicking the Play This Mission button placed wherever it shows your available missions.

So, you'll eventually complete a mission during a match. When that match ends, you (and everybody else) will obtain the mission reward, which can be an operation case or a random weapon skin (it says it in the mission description).

Apparently, after some missions completed there's a cooldown. I completed 3 missions and it now says I won't be able to do any more missions for the next 4 days. IIRC, this wasn't the case with the previous operation, but I don't know, as I jumped in really late and maybe at the beginning was like this.

That's it, really.

Just saying, my 3 completed missions dropped 2 Operation Vanguard cases and 1 PP-Bizon skin, all already sold for a whopping 2€ and spare (almost half of what I paid for the op pass), which isn't bad considering I played for like 30 minutes.

So how long will the Operation last? I mean the Pass costs like 4€, so I was wondering.

louiedog

Still less demanding than Trespasser was.

I was so disappointed in that game. I still loved it though. There was a lot of neat stuff going on there that didn't pull together to make a good game, but was fun to play around with. It actually ran okay on my computer, or so I thought at the time. Thinking back to how it looked, the framerate was pretty awful.

dex3108

I think that i really like new place for Steam OT. Lately Gaming section is unbearable for me because it is full of misleading titles and hyperbole. So i think that i will spend more time in this thread from now :D

Ozium

vanguard cases are only going for $.89 on the market, and will probably drop even lower. This is much lower than the previous operation cases. You will need to sell a lot more cases this time to make our money back.

In previous operations you would get the operation cases like any other case drop (except on its own timer)
in the last one, where they added missions, doing missions would only give you skins.
now, in this current operation, missions have the potential to drop cases, as well as skins.

(this is why the price for the cases is much much lower)

caveat emptor

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of salazar547, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Final Exam -- MB-C63D39400B7D188A - Taken by Snakethesniper. 20 entrants total.

t1415812342z1.png

Hai guyz, how about a blast from the past?

Steamborn, Steamborn, by its honor is sworn,
To keep evil games forever at bay!
And the fiercest foes rout when they hear Gaben's shout,
Steamborn, for your blessing we pray!

Hearken now, sons of PC, to an age, long ago,
And the tale, boldly told, of the one!
Who was kin to both consoles, and the races of PC,
With a power to rival the publishers!

And the voice, it did wield, on that glorious platform,
When great console exclusives shuddered with war!
Mighty Gaben, like a blade, cut through developers all,
As the Steamborn issued its roar!

And the Scrolls have foretold, of exclusive games in the cold,
That when gaming brothers wage war come unfurled!
Greed, bane of gamers, ancient shadow unbound,
With a hunger to swallow the gaming world!

But a day, shall arise, when the dark developers' lies,
Will be silenced forever and then!
Fair gaming will be free from foul publishers maw!
Steamborn be the savior of gaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom