• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It is, but the missions take at least 5-10 times as long as in the first few chapters. So the gameplay/cutscene ratio changes pretty drastically.
Ah cool, I wasn't aware of how much longer the missions get later on. Although I liked the scenes I sort of felt like I watched more than played at the start yesterday, which granted isn't unusual in the initial sections of Japanese SRPGs, but it's good to know that the ratio gets more balanced.

Dr Dogg

I wonder how many Newegg has dished out to people.

With some of the deals and promos they had going on from launch day I'd imagine a lot. I get the feeling by the time the 9xx series is end of life that the figure quoted recently for 680 class total unit sales is going to look small by comparison.

Everyone hating on Unity, and I'm just sitting here enjoying it alot lol, runs well on my PC and I didnt have any gameplay related bugs yet after ~10 hours. Guess I was fortunate that my PC Copy ended up working a day before the reviews, so I could go in without having read a different opinion that maybe would've influenced my view on the game.
There's a good game beneath the technical mess, imo. Might end up my favourite AC game, I really disliked AC3 and AC4 - and this feels alot more like AC2/Brotherhood so thats nice.
You must have a very good pc.

AHA-Lambda

Jesus at the Unity stuff -_-

Got my new pc parts coming on very soon, how well/poorly will Unity run on it? I'm wondering just how bad it is and maybe getting Far Cry 4 instead.

i7 4790k
GTX 970
16GB Ram

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

2014-11-12_14-42-13.jpg

2014-11-12_14-42-32.jpg

2014-11-12_14-42-50.jpg

Jesus at the Unity stuff -_-

Got my new pc parts coming on very soon, how well/poorly will Unity run on it? I'm wondering just how bad it is and maybe getting Far Cry 4 instead.

i7 4GHz
GTX 970
16GB Ram

Oh buddy, you are so lucky. please go download this awesome UE4 APOLLO demo coupled with NVida VXGI (dynamic GI using voxel cones).

Download link: http://www.nvidia.com/coolstuff/demos#!/apollo-11

Infos: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/11/11/maxwell-apollo-demo/

a11renderphoto.png

I don't have the required card like you to make it work. Tell me what you think .

Ugh. My last 2 attempts at entering Modbot raffles have been disasters, totally on my part.

I had to ask to have them both nuked: the first because Steam gave me Evolve Alpha before I had the chance to win it and the second because I decided to go ahead and get the bundle anyway.

Is there a way to install a breathalyzer on Modbot?

And here's Insurgency for 3 people: https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=VFMPS6U884E6DSsS

nice game btw :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Final Exam -- MB-C63D39400B7D188A

t1415812342z1.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Mount & Blade free on gog for 48 hours

also autumn sale is on already

Witcher 2 and The Gamers movie as well if you collect stamps.

If you somehow still don't have Witcher 2, this would be a way to acquire it.

Arthea

Witcher 2 and The Gamers movie as well if you collect stamps.

If you somehow still don't have Witcher 2, this would be a way to acquire it.

I'd take a movie, (already have Witcher 2 everywhere), started collecting stamps!

edited: I was too hasty, they will prevent us from sleeping yet again (><)

L.O.R.D

man , Toybox Turbos is very fun
its like the original
i liked the option where you can chose the view

but that level where a tidal wave follow you is very hard

Amzin

New CS:GO season is starting, with some massive improvements to the mission setup:

I haven't participated in a CS:GO season yet, I played a few games a couple weeks ago just to familiarize myself with the game but wanted to wait. Now that a new one is beginning, I realize I really don't know wtf a CS:GO season is :p

So you just buy the $6 pass, play the game (there's season matches or something I'm guessing), crates randomly drop with $$$ guns (if you're lucky), and you get access to the new maps sooner rather than later or something?

The campaign mode seems vague to me but interesting. And I'm stoked for backalley, if it's like original CS backalley, loved that map.

Copons

I've tried a couple of the new operation maps in CS:GO and, even though I'm not expert enough to have a say about their quality as CS maps, they are really beautiful.
The Paris map looks like a Remember Me level and the Japanese one looks like a Mirror's Edge one, and in both cases it's a great compliment.
The sport center one gives me a little bit of some old COD reminescence, but it's still good looking.

DogMeat77

I haven't participated in a CS:GO season yet, I played a few games a couple weeks ago just to familiarize myself with the game but wanted to wait. Now that a new one is beginning, I realize I really don't know wtf a CS:GO season is :p

So you just buy the $6 pass, play the game (there's season matches or something I'm guessing), crates randomly drop with $$$ guns (if you're lucky), and you get access to the new maps sooner rather than later or something?

The campaign mode seems vague to me but interesting. And I'm stoked for backalley, if it's like original CS backalley, loved that map.

You do get random drops but you also get drops for completing missions. You make your money back from buying the Operation pretty quickly after just a couple case drops + some.

Copons

You got almost everything right, except for the fact that the operation maps are available to everybody. Just, if you don't buy the pass, you won't have operation missions (something like: kill 20 peeps with a crappy gun, win 20 competitive matches in that map, etc.) which drop cases and skins.

Amzin

You got almost everything right, except for the fact that the operation maps are available to everybody. Just, if you don't buy the pass, you won't have operation missions (something like: kill 20 peeps with a crappy gun, win 20 competitive matches in that map, etc.) which drop cases and skins.

Ah ok, that makes sense. Will have to grab this when I get home.

Jawmuncher

So i'm guessing in home streaming affects the computer more so than I though.
Using downsampling and I notice i'm fine on my home computer but in home streaming goes to about 45fps on both displays.

Ground Zeroes is 9€ on PSN today, until 27th November.
You need Plus in order to access this offer, otherwise the price is 19.50€.

there's no way this launches for more than $15 on steam given the recent rash of sales on the consoles for the game and that it's coming so late.

given that i spent more time listening to the audio logs in the main menu than beating the main mission, i can hold till its $5.

Dr Dogg

Well this turned out pretty much bang on the money.
Dr Dogg said:
Speaking of collectothon games, AC: Unity might be a bit of a CPU demanding title by this little snippet from the Console spec thread.
Looks like those i7's, 6 and 8 core CPU purchases might come into play. But hey I'm going to wait for benches first and foremost.

My thirst for DA: Inquisition is real. The only downside is I know I'm not going to have enough time to properly play through it.

All signs point to awesome.

My thirst for DA: Inquisition is real. The only downside is I know I'm not going to have enough time to properly play through it.

All signs point to awesome.

i wonder if they're going to release a stupid amount of DLC like they did with Origins. It's the main reason why im waiting till 2015 to pick it up myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom