• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something I'm working on - the ability to roll this menu up into a single line and expand it again when you're ready to write a review. I'm not sure if it will be ready by the time the next version releases or not, but it's something I'm working on.

Enhanced Steam is the best. I don't like to use the client, just for playing games. Everything else should be Enhanced. Thanks for keep updating it!

Dr Dogg

I was tempted to import Yakuza 1&2 HD Wii U edition as it could have done with the sales but you know, region locking and all that put the kibosh on that idea. I wonder how long the Sega/Nintendo love in can continue with the sales they get? Is it a sin to covet thy neighbor's platform?

Oh wow holooolllyy shit at that Sequence 3 Memory 3 in Unity. Fuck I love this series.

F4kUx9j.gif

GMG is sending euro keys within the next couple of hours apparently, then I still need to download it. UGH. The wait us unbearable.

Well at least one of you is playing it and the other waiting for your key :(

Sendou

If we start getting Atlus RPGs on Steam I'll lose my shit.

It's only a matter of time really. Steam is getting bigger and there's nothing from keeping them exclusive to any one platform owner. Sega's positive experiences with PC is going to accelerate this process.

Parsnip

Well at least one of you is playing it and the other waiting for your key :(
Hehe. Did you buy a copy somewhere or are you waiting for them to have it on Steam again? Apparently GMG's UK keys are coming early Friday morning.

broadfoot88 said:
EU keys will be sent out this evening, with the aim being before midnight GMT - with the UK being the exception, Ubisoft has request that UK's keys be sent out after midnight on Friday Morning.

A friend of mine recently bought Splinter Cell Blacklist on Steam. His laptop has the following specs:

17.3 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD+ resolution (1600 x 900)
i3-4030U processor (3M Cache, 1.9 GHz)
Windows 8.1 (64Bit) English
4GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx1)
Intel® HD Graphics 4400

Can anyone (who has this on PC) please recommend what settings to use to make this game run smoothly for these specs? Or would you need more information to give any advice?

Jawmuncher

A friend of mine recently bought Splinter Cell Blacklist on Steam. His laptop has the following specs:

17.3 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD+ resolution (1600 x 900)
i3-4030U processor (3M Cache, 1.9 GHz)
Windows 8.1 (64Bit) English
4GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx1)
Intel® HD Graphics 4400

Can anyone (who has this on PC) please recommend what settings to use to make this game run smoothly for these specs? Or would you need more information to give any advice?

He would want a mix of medium and low for the most part.
It's UE3 so it's not to bad but it can oddly be demanding.
The post processing effect or whatever it's called needs to be low or off since that takes a big hit.

Dr Dogg

Hehe. Did you buy a copy somewhere or are you waiting for them to have it on Steam again? Apparently UK keys are coming early Friday morning.

Still Le Coq Blocked on Steam.
Debating whether to grab a Nvidia promo code on the cheap but I'll probably buy it on Steam at a later date for mentalists collection purposes. I guess I'll see what happens come Friday. I was going to ask my cousin to sort me out but he'll demand his pound of flesh and even still without paying any extra with PayPal getting in the way with their exchange rates it will be about the same cost as over here regardless. I've got Rogue on the way to tide me over
in blurry 360 vision :(

Arthea

I'm ecstatic about us getting Sega games on steams, no less for Way of the Samurai 4 or Koei games. I will welcome Atlus games, and remaining SE japanese games gladly too, not to mention NG games.
But if the day will come that I'll see Atelier games on steam
(not even dreaming about Suikoden getting anywhere anymore. Well, that's a lie, still dreaming (><)
, I'll loose my cool and will be unreasonable happy, cheerful and annoying with how happy I am for a long time.
not that I don't have those tendencies already, I'm aware (><)

DocSeuss

Guys.

I have a problem.

So, the other day, I heard some noises from inside my machine. Thought they were my GPU, which is already being RMAed.

Monday, I preloaded ACU. Took all day to load. Woke up at 6 AM for some classwork on Tuesday, told it to unpack. Came back six hours later, it hadn't finished unpacking. Computer performance became abysmal.

Came back later (I have like ~14 hours of classes on Tuesdays; it sucks) and discovered that Origin had crashed. Ran ACU and it was working wonderfully, but was extremely, EXTREMELY slow to load--thought it was the game's bad optimization. Tried running idlemaster. It froze after getting two cards.

Steam locked up. Whenever I open Explorer to view my hard drives, it takes FOREVER to show me my C (SSD) and D (Steam) drives.

Defraggler locked up when I tried defragging the drive.

I'm kinda screwed, aren't I?

I've sunk a few hours into the game now and haven't encountered this once. :( I did, however, come across a man who can carry a sword using only his mind:

In the shot that followed he half-disappeared into a brick wall, but I didn't reach F12 quick enough.

It happened from my cousin when he played MGS2: Vamp holding the knife like this one ( via mind control lol) and in Getaway where the main villain was holding the phone via telekinesis. lol!

Jawmuncher

Stuff like this is why I love PC gaming.
VC Chronicles on 3 different screens thanks to In Home Streaming.
Could basically spin around in my chair and keep playing.

Wonder what else I could manage to make this even more crazy.

Resonance of fate is the one game I really want Sega to bring over. Always wanted to try that one but I don't feel like getting it on my ps3. I wouldn't mind a yakuza game either to see what the big deal about them is.

You got a really nice gaming corner. Mines looks like shit. My monitor, keyboard and mouse sit on one of those mini dining tables.

The post processing effect or whatever it's called needs to be low or off since that takes a big hit.

Thank you. Are there any specific settings that need to be medium/low.

I'll try to get a screenshot of the settings lol. I should have done that first.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys.

I have a problem.

<snip>

I'm kinda screwed, aren't I?

Although the chances are slim that this will work, as a last resort, try formatting the drive once you're backed up the important stuff (if you can). My laptop was exhibiting similar symptoms (crashing under the weight of... anything), but has been issue-free since I reinstalled Windows.

Jawmuncher

Thank you. Are there any specific settings that need to be medium/low.

I'll try to get a screenshot of the settings lol. I should have done that first.

SplinterCellBlacklistNvidia560TiBenchmarkOptionsScreen_id1377776643_1.jpg

Really he just needs to keep most options on the first selection or the second and he should be fine since it's a UE3 game.
Crazy stuff like Parallax and Tesselation need to be off.

In fact it is UE2.5 just like Conviction and the first two Bioshocks.

Really he just needs to keep most options on the first selection or the second and he should be fine since it's a UE3 game.
Crazy stuff like Parallax and Tesselation need to be off.

It is UE2.5 my friend. He should run some options fine like textures and shadows, but the must avoid parallax, tessellation and especially HBAO+

Lomax

Just spin endlessly and it will give exactly the same experience as VR gaming.

DocSeuss

Although the chances are slim that this will work, as a last resort, try formatting the drive once you're backed up the important stuff (if you can). My laptop was exhibiting similar symptoms (crashing under the weight of... anything), but has been issue-free since I reinstalled Windows.

I can't back up my Steam drive, unfortunately. It's a full two terabytes. Gonna scan for and try to recover bad sectors in safe mode first.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack for Borderlands: TPS is $9.99? They're charging $10 for a single character? Jesus.

I would say to wait till there is a complete collection but with BL2 the GOTY version didn't even include one of the important DLCs that raised the level cap.

In short: fuck them, wait till you can get the game for a pittance

Jawmuncher

In fact it is UE2.5 just like Conviction and the first two Bioshocks.

It is UE2.5 my friend. He should run some options fine like textures and shadows, but the must avoid parallax, tessellation and especially HBAO+

Thanks for clearing that up.
It looks so good so I thought it was 3.

You got a really nice gaming corner. Mines looks like shit. My monitor, keyboard and mouse sit on one of those mini dining tables.

It's all good until you get behind that TV. Mess of cords and all kinds of stuff, it's terrifying.

Lomax

The Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack for Borderlands: TPS is $9.99? They're charging $10 for a single character? Jesus.

Not only that, but it's part of the season pass, which means it is replacing what in previous games would have been story/content DLC.

Shadownet

Banned
Some people in the Unity Performance Thread are calling it the best looking game this year. And by extension the best looking game ever.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how the hell did I wake up in Bizarro world.

Sendou

Some people in the Unity Performance Thread are calling it the best looking game this year. And by extension the best looking game ever.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how the hell did I wake up in Bizarro world.

I think the game does look nice from the screenshots people provided. Too bad I can't play screenshots. Still credit where it's due.

DocSeuss

It's good-looking, but I was sitting there playing it earlier thinking The Witcher 2 looked better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Styx was patched about half an hour ago (469MB):

Here is the changelog:

- Enabling leaderboards (visible in the Steam interface) for each mission, the fastest time for each player will be displayed on the leaderboard
- Reducing the distance of the last-chance mode to match with the backward roll distance. (You can use the backward roll to escape from fights!)
- Slight increase in the action area of the ledge-kill (murder when you are attached to a ledge).
- Slight increase in the action area of the clone-trap.
- Fixed a bug where sleeping guards awake when reloading a party in front of them: the guard now remains asleep when reload a save before him.
- Fixed bug where two guards are close to a clone-trap: Now, the clone-trap catch only one single guard.
- Fixed a bug with the clone-trap where the guard was not killed when he was in some state of detection: now a guard is always killed when caught by a clone-trap.

More details on the leaderboards can be found in the Steam Community thread. I'm glad the ledge kill skill has been buffed a bit as it was practically useless in its previous state.

Edit: Also, today's Daily is 50% off ReignMaker ($7.50).

Shadownet

Banned
I think the game does look nice from the screenshots people provided. Too bad I can't play screenshots. Still credit where it's due.
I think it look nice too but the characters texture are really disappointing for a this gen only game. I had everything on high too. I thought Witcher 2 characters look so much better. I'm pretty sure Black Flag would look better on PC.

It's good-looking, but I was sitting there playing it earlier thinking The Witcher 2 looked better.
Yup, I thought the same. Witcher 2 look better except that stupid shadow grid thing.

Adnor

Banned
Ugh, it's so hard to not buy VC guys. I really want to buy it so SEGA makes more ports (and because the game looks really good), but I can't until at least mid-december.

Alavard

Oh man, AC:Unity is now not even in the top 10 best sellers on Steam. Looks like it's sitting at 12th, just behind Farming Simulator 15.

DocSeuss

I think it look nice too but the characters texture are really disappointing for a this gen only game. I had everything on high too. I thought Witcher 2 characters look so much better. I'm pretty sure Black Flag would look better on PC.

Yup, I thought the same. Witcher 2 look better except that stupid shadow grid thing.

Dithering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom